• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 311 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationOUT OF BOUNDS

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:58 AM

View PostGenesis Rex, on 30 April 2015 - 09:55 AM, said:

The reason is that, all things being equal, Clan mechs are still superior to IS mechs. Longer ranger, increased damage, more heavy weapons per 'Mech, and more manouverability in the Heavy/Assault classes (with the added protection of being impervious to XL kills). So increased cost in MC and C-Bills is a necesary to balance the game.

But I am curious to know if the "Omnipods" were a typo. I really hope so, because the IS does not need OmniPods.

It's less malicious than that, even. The cost of mechs is determined by the upgrades (Endo, Ferro, XL) and weapons on the mech as well as it's weight. Typically speaking, all clan tech is more expensive (cbill-wise, chech Sarna.net) than IS mechs. Since PGI bases their MC and $$$ cost off the listed cbill value that is why Clan packs are more expensive. Russ covered this during the announcement of Wave 3.

#82 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:04 PM

...Damn, you PGI guys drive a hard bargain. :blink: I know I should refrain from buying this after the amount I have already spent, but...
I suppose another $80+ could not hurt too much. ^_^ (If only you guys took CDN, I hate having to convert to US and spend more than what the package is labled for)

#83 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:12 PM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 30 April 2015 - 10:45 AM, said:

I would pay with real money new game modes, and pgi efforts to not considering aimbot as a third part software.

You want PGI to develop their own official aimbot???

#84 KhanJames

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts
  • LocationFl

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:13 PM

Correct me if im wrong but looking at the hard points is it just me or do all the "variants" seem like the same mech. (They seem to vary at most 1 ams and 2 lasers(excepting the bonus crabs JJ) until the mauler which varies 2 Ballistic laser and 1 ams). Not sure whats up with that. After seeing so much variation it just seems like your buying duplicates of the same mech. Also agree with guy above who said energy heavy package, i love energy (part of the reason i love Clan mechs) but the only ballistic and missile hardpoints are on the mauler, which is kinda like they really want IS to shift towards "stalker style" LL boats. Which is kinda disappointing.

#85 KhanJames

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts
  • LocationFl

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:17 PM

Also not sure if just me or glitch but it shows 6 colors the three from last pack and 3 new ones. with R(then first letter of faction). Which is weird because all Clan 3 got was invasion colors which anyone who preordered any of the 1st clan pack already had.

#86 Tool Box

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 219 posts
  • LocationDealing with a lance of enemies by myself.

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:17 PM

Just this
Posted Image

#87 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:20 PM

View PostGhost Badger, on 30 April 2015 - 09:27 AM, said:

No ECM on the Black Knight? But...but...I'd gladly trade that Griffin...we didn't want a second ecm medium anyways.... :(

The Black Knight with ECM is a 308X variant.

#88 Muncehead

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 36 posts
  • LocationWorcestershire UK

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:22 PM

I am weak...give me mauler NOW! ......plz

#89 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:25 PM

This pack looks amazing. My only question for myself . . . to Mauler or not to Mauler?

I love the Wolfhound, and the fact that you've got a variant there that'll be going ~160 with speed tweak is going to be incredible. I look forward to taking these out for a spin. Between 160kph and 2 AMS I'm going to be hard pressed to find a favorite between the two.

The Crab looks like it's going to be a great mech. Even after the laser-vomit is dealt with, it's still a solid mech, and the bonus variant (going from left to right, as a guess right now) will even have jump jets. Only concern that I think will be quickly addressed with quirks is the huge snout . . . but I expect dragon-esque durability enhancements for the torsos. I won't be complaining there.

The Black Knight . . . Alex, your rendition of it beats the ever-loving crap out of the original TRO artwork and the later Dark Age/MW4 versions of the mech (Seriously, PGI, sit down with Catalyst/Topps/Microsoft and work out a mini deal! I want those minis!). I'm almost upset that I shelled out for the Grasshopper . . . almost. I'm not going to complain about having both types of mechs at my disposal. They're both incredible.

The Mauler. Unlike most people on the forums who find it the only desirable/unique one in the pack, it's the one I'm most torn on. I'm just not a huge assault guy, and I've got the King Crab and Atlas mastered, already. I'm not sure I want a Mauler. An Annihilator, on the other hand . . . that'd be a "Shut up and take my money" moment right there. I'd love to run around in that thing with all those LBX-10's to blast away with. So, do I want the Mauler or not? We'll see how I feel before the end of May.

Regardless, PGI, you've definitely got another $60 from me. Keep up the good work and keep bringing out all those maps and gameplay improvements. I want to see MWO succeed!

EDIT: The Wolfhound better have some nice durability quirks, as in lore it is considered one of the tankiest of light mechs out there.

Edited by Sereglach, 30 April 2015 - 12:37 PM.

#90 Hullen Low

Rookie

• The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:33 PM

I agree with Sereglach. I can't get the first three mechs fast enough, as the Black Knight is my absolute favorite mech. The wolfhound has always been a mech I liked, then seeing the new artwork for the crab... man it is great looking, so unique. And also energy heavy loadouts are what I run the most.

That being said the Mauler just doesnt have me sold...

#91 DigiEXE

• PipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 47 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationEngland

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:38 PM

I do hope that people who bought the Clan Wave III package will be getting extra content like new faction colours to work with like the Resistance 2 package. We payed $120 for that package and it's got less content it seems then this package which is $80.

Other than that I'm very hyped for these new Chassis and the art is freaking amazing, so good work to Alex! Will be buying as soon as I can.

But I do hope that Wave III will be getting new stuff to justify it's price compared to the cheaper Inner Sphere packages.

#92 TheDevilsIncarnate

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts
  • LocationOutside Your House With A 'Mech

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:41 PM

Tell you what PGI, improve in the next month, improve CW, any way at all, make me want to play it, and I will buy at least some of your pack. I am already going to finish my wave 3 by the end of this month (I can't resist Ebon Jaguar and Executioner), and I will continue to buy great pack deals as long as some content is improved over time.

This is my deal to you PGI, make it or break it.

Edit: Whoops double post.

Edited by TheDevilsIncarnate, 30 April 2015 - 02:25 PM.

#93 Kamies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 234 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:47 PM

Make AC2 viable weapon again and give us the AC2 cooling module on top of that. Then release the AC2 quirks of Mauler. Then I will buy Mauler. It takes that much to buy AC2 platform these days.

#94 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:48 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 30 April 2015 - 11:51 AM, said:

Who cares about canon? I want what I had in MW4; that game was awesome!

It's all about CANNON, amirite? Nightmare. NIGHTMARE. Right?

also: crabswarm is a go

Edited by Dawnstealer, 30 April 2015 - 12:49 PM.

#95 Iron Mouse

• PipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:49 PM

My credit card number is......

DAMN YOU ALL.. this is a awesome expansion. MAULER!!!!!!

#96 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,657 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:52 PM

I love these mech choices:

Wolfhound: Phelan Kell's noted BattleMech

Crab: Now the King Crab has a peasant to boss around, :lol:

Black Knight: Finally, a mech that I (and others) have voted for

Mauler: A pure Kurita Assault Mech, I would have preferred the Hatamoto-Chi, but I'll take it!

I can't wait to see these mechs in the battefield!

Edited by Will9761, 30 April 2015 - 12:53 PM.

#97 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:52 PM

View PostQtvcfr, on 30 April 2015 - 09:47 AM, said:

We all knew this had to happen at some point.

You realize we must do this, right?

Pinchers pinching....

The King Crab's reaction to the Crab's arrival.

#98 PanzerTC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 104 posts
  • LocationA Tank

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:08 PM

I think this is a great deal, bad timing though. 3 days would provide people time to react to short notice offers. I wish it was extended until Saturday, then I would buy one.

Also, combined with the large numbers of "less than happy" event participants from this last event, it does seem to be poorly timed with mood of the fan base.

Given where I live and when this was published combined with my work schedule means I cannot do this until late Friday night.

I wish Russ would announce an extension - a free Jaeger is the kicker that puts this over the top for me.

Edited by PanzerTC, 30 April 2015 - 01:12 PM.

#99 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:08 PM

Thank you for this. It IS nice to see new content.

BUT in the wake of the Debacle of Tukkayid,I would have preferred a sound and concise action plan announced by PGI on what will be fixed in CW and what content (not Sale Items, but game depth and development) that will enhance this game.

This is chaff. Pretty wonderful chaff.

Edited by rolly, 30 April 2015 - 01:08 PM.

#100 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,578 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:22 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 30 April 2015 - 10:14 AM, said:

Awesome.

Bad: I don't get paid again until the 10th, so I'll miss out on the Jag

Good: I don't have Jags and don't want to grind them, so this isn't necessarily a bad thing

15th for me, but at least it is only a Champ of a 'Mech I already own I'll miss out on .

24 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 24 guests, 0 anonymous users