How The Refund Is Working If I Stop The Game?

91 replies to this topic

#61 Aim-Bot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 396 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:47 AM

Your location has nothing to do with your frames per second. I have pretty much the same rig like u have.

I7 3770k
4 gb ram
GTX 580

I never have performence issues.
Try to update your drivers and lower grafic settings for performence.
If you wanna play high end grafic then you need high end rig. simple :)

greetings

Edited by MetalGandalph, 12 May 2015 - 06:49 AM.

#62 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:56 AM

Thank you all for the advices!

I try some solutions tonight and tomorrow (i don't have a lot of time for this today).

I will tell you how the perf are working after some testing....

#63 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:13 AM

System - Control Panel, Power Options - set to High Performance

Nvidia Video Card - Power Management Mode - Max Performance

http://nvidia.custhe...mum-performance

Posted Image

Install MSI Afterburner - to take control of video card fan(s). By default the fans may not be ramping up in speed fast enough to keep the GPU from reaching a max temp threshold before slowing itself down.

#64 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:30 AM

sys_MaxFPS=30

I really believe this is your biggest issue.

I don't run a user config at all. I run med/high video settings with only Particles set to low.

My specs:

i5-2320
8G Ram
GTX-650ti 1g GPU

I average over 50 FPS even in heavy action.

Your user config setting is trying to limit you to 30 FPS.

I'd suggest just trying to run the game without a user config file at all. Don't delete it, just move it out of the game folder.

You may be pleasantly surprised at how much better the game runs stock.

#65 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:07 AM

I have just try this :

- In user.cfg i only have the line about the FOV (86).
- I run the client in 32 bit
- I run the game in DX9
- All the settings on LOW (+ V-Sync Off, Damage glow OFF, AA OFF)

On the testing ground : i have 60-70 FPS anytime, sometimes 90fps
In Game : 25-35 fps.

This game makes me mad...

#66 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:11 AM

25-35 is... acceptable, even if not good.

Try max FPS 60, see how that affects, then try 45 if still fucky.

When was your last reformat too?

#67 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:29 AM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 12 May 2015 - 07:30 AM, said:

sys_MaxFPS=30

I really believe this is your biggest issue.

I don't run a user config at all. I run med/high video settings with only Particles set to low.

My specs:

i5-2320
8G Ram
GTX-650ti 1g GPU

I average over 50 FPS even in heavy action.

Your user config setting is trying to limit you to 30 FPS.

I'd suggest just trying to run the game without a user config file at all. Don't delete it, just move it out of the game folder.

You may be pleasantly surprised at how much better the game runs stock.

I only have try the user cfg because it was buggy. Last test i have done, i have clean the user cfg file and it's still low on FPS.

View PostOvion, on 12 May 2015 - 08:11 AM, said:

25-35 is... acceptable, even if not good.

Try max FPS 60, see how that affects, then try 45 if still fucky.

When was your last reformat too?

What do you mean by "reformat"?

#68 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:31 AM

View PostEwigan, on 11 May 2015 - 11:46 PM, said:

Hi Aleski,

there is some good advice here, but try two easy things:

1) run MWO on 32Bit mode.
I did run it on 32bit as 64bit got a huge drop in FPS for me until recently i added another 8GB of RAM... now with 16GB i only run on 64bit, cause it runs way better then the 32bit version.
For you: try 32bit!
2) Run on DX9.
Serioulsy try it, it should help a lot :)

Interesting I only have 8GB of RAM and I run 64bit flawlessly....I really think the Sandisk ReadyCache is providing better performance boosts that I thought...frankly, it's like have 32GB of RAM, but it's optimized to cache your most frequently used files...instead of just filling up with everything the computer runs through. Basically, I have the OS and MWO cached...my HDD only spins on patch day.

#69 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:54 AM

View PostAleski, on 12 May 2015 - 08:29 AM, said:

What do you mean by "reformat"?
Backup files, wipe, reinstall windows, reinstall everything.

Any hardware changes, and software changes, general use, will all 'clog up' your OS and potentially slow things down.
Reformatting periodicly (every 6-18 months) is a good practice to keep everything running smoothly.

My PC is probably due tbh.

#70 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:57 AM

View PostAleski, on 12 May 2015 - 08:29 AM, said:

I only have try the user cfg because it was buggy. Last test i have done, i have clean the user cfg file and it's still low on FPS.

Hmm, I don't know. Your computer should be much better at MW:O than mine is. By the specs yours is far superior.

Which driver for your GTX-770 are you using?

#71 zagibu

• 2,253 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:05 AM

View PostLostdragon, on 11 May 2015 - 06:02 AM, said:

Some good suggestions here, but I'd run diagnostics on the RAM if I were you. You might have a bad stick.

A bad RAM stick would lead to crashes, not lower framerate.

#72 Soul Tribunal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:08 AM

View PostAleski, on 11 May 2015 - 09:45 AM, said:

Other game lkike bioshock Infinite plays very well at maximum settings. It's only MWO.

My Ping is at 100 in the game most of the time.

For the user file, it's the only time i have use the line for the FPS. I know how it is workling, it's just that this evening i havent read the line, i have just test the user file raw from Ovion's post.

See that's the confusing part then , if one game works great and this one does not.

If you've tried everything else and the game is still giving you that issue, I would honestly try this:

Pull the latest nVidia Drivers, and when installing make sure you tell it to do a Clean Install so it wipes out all the old crap.
(Maybe grab CC cleaner too, as there are still residual files leftover from all Driver installs).
Completely remove MWO from your PC. Run CC again to get all the residual files, and even search the install directory to make sure they are all gone.

Re-install MWO.

See if clearing the whole thing out works, there could be something, just wrong on the client side that the repair tool isn't picking up that is causing the issue.
Because honestly I run a worse system then yours on my HTPC and I get better frames, which does not make any sense.

-ST

#73 zagibu

• 2,253 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:13 AM

View PostGenJack, on 11 May 2015 - 01:16 PM, said:

Aleski, not sure if anyone else suggested it but turn v-sync off as it will always halve your fps.

This is ********. Vsync tries to keep the refresh rate of the game and screen in sync, to reduce tearing (screen refreshed with bottom half of last frame and top half of new frame), which CAN lead to halving of your FPS in certain cases, but it doesn't simply half it all the time, that would be dumb.

#74 Koniks

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:10 AM

The game's main bottleneck is CPU power. Testing Grounds are less taxing than in-game. Sometimes Intel CPUs throttle all the way up, draw too much power, then have to throttle down. This can cause sharp downward spikes in FPS in-game.

Open the start menu and type "power settings" in the search bar. Open the power settings. Select high performance. Then click "change plan settings." Then click "change advanced power settings."

Expand "Processor power management." Expand "Minimum processor state" set it to 5%. Expand "Maximum processor state" set it to 99%.

Apply changes and hit OK.

If that doesn't work, you might have to unpark your cores: http://mwomercs.com/...-for-more-fps/.

View Postzagibu, on 12 May 2015 - 09:13 AM, said:

Vsync tries to keep the refresh rate of the game and screen in sync, to reduce tearing (screen refreshed with bottom half of last frame and top half of new frame), which CAN lead to halving of your FPS in certain cases, but it doesn't simply half it all the time

Yeah, it only cuts your FPS if your FPS drop below the refresh rate of your monitor. Then it drops them to the next lowest refresh rate.

Edited by Mizeur, 12 May 2015 - 10:12 AM.

#75 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:28 PM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 12 May 2015 - 08:57 AM, said:

Hmm, I don't know. Your computer should be much better at MW:O than mine is. By the specs yours is far superior.

Which driver for your GTX-770 are you using?

I use the last version of the drivers.

View PostSoul Tribunal, on 12 May 2015 - 09:08 AM, said:

See that's the confusing part then , if one game works great and this one does not.

If you've tried everything else and the game is still giving you that issue, I would honestly try this:

Pull the latest nVidia Drivers, and when installing make sure you tell it to do a Clean Install so it wipes out all the old crap.
(Maybe grab CC cleaner too, as there are still residual files leftover from all Driver installs).
Completely remove MWO from your PC. Run CC again to get all the residual files, and even search the install directory to make sure they are all gone.

Re-install MWO.

See if clearing the whole thing out works, there could be something, just wrong on the client side that the repair tool isn't picking up that is causing the issue.
Because honestly I run a worse system then yours on my HTPC and I get better frames, which does not make any sense.

-ST

I have put the latest drivers of my graphic card. I run CC everyday. I have a try to reinstall MWO this weekend, it has change nothing. I can do this again AND make a clean with CC but i'm pretty sure that's going to change nothing.

View PostMizeur, on 12 May 2015 - 10:10 AM, said:

The game's main bottleneck is CPU power. Testing Grounds are less taxing than in-game. Sometimes Intel CPUs throttle all the way up, draw too much power, then have to throttle down. This can cause sharp downward spikes in FPS in-game.

Open the start menu and type "power settings" in the search bar. Open the power settings. Select high performance. Then click "change plan settings." Then click "change advanced power settings."

Expand "Processor power management." Expand "Minimum processor state" set it to 5%. Expand "Maximum processor state" set it to 99%.

Apply changes and hit OK.

If that doesn't work, you might have to unpark your cores: http://mwomercs.com/...-for-more-fps/.

Yeah, it only cuts your FPS if your FPS drop below the refresh rate of your monitor. Then it drops them to the next lowest refresh rate.

I will try that tomorrow if i have time. Thanks ;)

But honestyle today i have find a ******* big issue with my PC :

I have run OpenHardware Monitor and an other software to check the temperature (dont remember the name) : they say that the 4 cores of the CPU are at something like 90-100°C anytime.
This is impossible : i have completely check the dust in the tower, anything is clean. I have open the computer while it was running, the CPU isn't hot at all.

The fan on the radiator of the CPU is clean and run normally, it doesn't move, it's well fixed; anything is cool : HDD is at 20-30°C, the graphic card is at 30°C or something like this... The tower is very cool, not burning.

I'm pretty sure that the sensors of the CPU are buggy (sometimes it oscillate beetween 78-98°C in one second?!). I have this computer since 5 years, i never had any issue about the heat. I should try to flash the BIOS, made a new installation.

Something is wrong with the PC.

#76 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:30 PM

The coolingpaste of your CPU cooler could be busted. Or CPU cooler not making contact anymore.

Go in BIOS and check your temps there. That is more relieable then any other program.

Edited by Sarlic, 12 May 2015 - 12:30 PM.

#77 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:34 PM

View PostSarlic, on 12 May 2015 - 12:30 PM, said:

The coolingpaste of your CPU cooler could be busted. Or CPU cooler not making contact anymore.

Go in BIOS and check your temps there. That is more relieable then any other program.

I have assemble the tower myself, five years ago. Maybe i could check the CPU and the coolingpaster first...

#78 Soul Tribunal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:44 PM

View PostAleski, on 12 May 2015 - 12:28 PM, said:

I use the last version of the drivers.

I have put the latest drivers of my graphic card. I run CC everyday. I have a try to reinstall MWO this weekend, it has change nothing. I can do this again AND make a clean with CC but i'm pretty sure that's going to change nothing.

I will try that tomorrow if i have time. Thanks ;)

But honestyle today i have find a ******* big issue with my PC :

I have run OpenHardware Monitor and an other software to check the temperature (dont remember the name) : they say that the 4 cores of the CPU are at something like 90-100°C anytime.
This is impossible : i have completely check the dust in the tower, anything is clean. I have open the computer while it was running, the CPU isn't hot at all.

The fan on the radiator of the CPU is clean and run normally, it doesn't move, it's well fixed; anything is cool : HDD is at 20-30°C, the graphic card is at 30°C or something like this... The tower is very cool, not burning.

I'm pretty sure that the sensors of the CPU are buggy (sometimes it oscillate beetween 78-98°C in one second?!). I have this computer since 5 years, i never had any issue about the heat. I should try to flash the BIOS, made a new installation.

Something is wrong with the PC.

See this is why I hate trying to diagnose anything over a forum versus just being there lol.

If your PC CPU temps are hitting that high then you are probably throttling, and while in Training because there isn't as much to render your PC performs well, but in Real world you are hitting the temp wall.

Problem with going into BIOS is you won't get a good idea on the PC Load temps. You get Idle Temps.

Try using the 64 Bit Binary of Core Temp, its pretty solid for locking in what your BIOS is reporting for CPU temps/load.
If you truly are running that hot, I'd pull that HSF off and re-do the TIM and do a re-mount.
Some of the TIM material can degrade over the constant heat cycling that happens in a PC.
And yes, its normal to get spikes in Temp as Load is applied and removed from Cores.

-ST

#79 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:48 PM

View PostSoul Tribunal, on 12 May 2015 - 12:44 PM, said:

See this is why I hate trying to diagnose anything over a forum versus just being there lol.

If your PC CPU temps are hitting that high then you are probably throttling, and while in Training because there isn't as much to render your PC performs well, but in Real world you are hitting the temp wall.

Problem with going into BIOS is you won't get a good idea on the PC Load temps. You get Idle Temps.

Try using the 64 Bit Binary of Core Temp, its pretty solid for locking in what your BIOS is reporting for CPU temps/load.
If you truly are running that hot, I'd pull that HSF off and re-do the TIM and do a re-mount.
Some of the TIM material can degrade over the constant heat cycling that happens in a PC.
And yes, its normal to get spikes in Temp as Load is applied and removed from Cores.

-ST

Ok thank you very much. Can you explain some points that i don't understand (sorry, i'ml french!!) :

"Try using the 64 Bit Binary of Core Temp, its pretty solid for locking in what your BIOS is reporting for CPU temps/load.
And yes, its normal to get spikes in Temp as Load is applied and removed from Cores."

I don't understand the term "HSF" and "TIM" (sorry!)

#80 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:50 PM

Does not matter. You need to rule out of the sensor is broken or not.

Even when it idles confirms that the sensor is working and not faulty when he reads the same sensor with a external program.

Thus checking BIOS before you going to work on your cooler.

Edited by Sarlic, 12 May 2015 - 12:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users