#101 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:35 PM

View PostThunder Child, on 11 May 2015 - 07:32 PM, said:

I was going to go watch a movie, but maybe I'll just get some popcorn and read the forums.

Seriously though, this is a great move. Cheaters are low life scum that need crutches to make themselves feel good.

I do get the whole "OMG, who is going to keep an eye on PGI and stop them from going overboard?!?!".
The answer is, you are. With your wallet. And your friends wallets. Seriously, if this game ever got into that state, people would leave. I am a Diehard BT fanboy, readily admitted, but if I ever thought they were doing something that underhanded, I would drop this game immediately. PGI are trying.

IKR?
Posted Image

#102 Magic Murder Bag

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Naraka and Shinkoku

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 11 May 2015 - 07:19 PM, said:

and theyre all stamped NKVA

/Inbound steam out of bad rememberance/

I'm sure you remember the ol' flame war generator Vassaigo Rain and his "representation of the people threads", right? I have this feeling he's still lurking about passing out tinfoil (hell he harasses the Hawken players forum wise still and even plans to incite flame threads when MWO comes to steam).

/end steam out

Personally, I'll just watch and see, like I've always done before since I joined in back in 2012.

Edited by Magic Murder Bag, 11 May 2015 - 07:36 PM.

#103 Tiamat of the Sea

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

View PostilKhan Judge Dreddrensky, on 11 May 2015 - 07:25 PM, said:

How hard is it to understand that

1) Authoritative body does X
2) Population who are under Authoritative body question X
3) Authoritative body does not supply proof of support for X
4) Population is skeptical of X

Please provide value of skepticism.

That is to say- being a member of NKVA ('population' in your example), you are likely to be aware that general opinion of the unit is low, and it is frequently perceived that the unit is inhabited by trolls. You are acting as though your skepticism should generally hold weight for all other players. The general response for the length of the thread has been that it does not. You continue to argue that your skepticism entitles you to information, but the first element of argument being levied against you is not that skepticism doesn't entitle you to request such, but rather that your skepticism is not itself valid.

On a more core argument related note, the person in question requested a refund after banning. PGI has taken the stance that pre-ordered material that has not been 'delivered' will be refunded, but that material 'delivered' before the ban will not. Unless what they are doing is somehow at variance with this, you seem to have no argument here. (single-quotes used to indicate that the material is not actually going anywhere)

Please explain and/or elaborate?

Edit: clarified slightly

Edited by Quickdraw Crobat, 11 May 2015 - 07:37 PM.

#104 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

View PostIraqiWalker, on 11 May 2015 - 07:34 PM, said:

"Our current moderation policy is that we do not discuss the details of bans, suspensions, or warnings with anyone but the player in question."

#ReadingOP.

Literally in the OP, and stated multiple times by them.

I have the odd feeling the player in question will lie even if they are provided with said proof

#105 Chiasson Brinker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ace
  • The Ace
  • 260 posts
  • LocationWayside V

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:36 PM

Extraordinarily arrogant to imply that your unit is representative of the whole community. If anything, the response here should be proof that you're not.

But since we're pulling out the foil hats, lets try this one on for size. The group of people calling for explicit information on how a cheat was detected with the zeal of a newly converted acolyte of the Word of Blake, happen to be the same group from which the alleged cheater came from.

#106 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Comprehension has already been ascertained, you refuse to acknowledge your own hypocrisy in the situation.

PGI banned someone for cheating. Apparently someone from your unit that you're not happy about.

No, a small cluster of people associated with the banned person are demanding to know how that person was caught to an extent of detail that will not be handed over due to the agreement you made when installing the program called the EULA, which is a legally binding contract.

All the evidence that is needed is stored in their own systems. You're not getting it in the level of detail you want. The evidence is the fact that people reported them, supplied evidence for their claim, PGI investigated it, and found the evidence to solidify the remainder of the case. According to several people in this thread, you can go dig around the reddits and find all the evidence you need.

No, a small group of people from said unit are sent to troll the thread about PGI's action against cheaters, because they're upset about the black spot against them, now.

If you're truly a honest and honorably playing group, you'd kick the person to the curb and agree with the denunciation of the person, like many good organizations do throughout many games. They all have absolute zero tolerance policies.

Cheaters will always exist, and they'll always try to mingle with the people they consider the best of the best. That doesn't mean the people he's associated with should step up to troll for him after he's been caught.

#107 Shredhead

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

These wannabe goons are cracking me up. They struggle like helpless children. Funny.

#108 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:37 PM

View PostSuperkingdac, on 11 May 2015 - 07:34 PM, said:

Or maybe said banned player isn't being honest with you regarding their "desire for refund" email... have they supplied you proof of said email with time stamps showing the time of submission X-referenced with the time of their ban? Maybe said player could provide you with evidence then you could provide it to us? It might strengthen your argument...

They arent big on providing evidence. Like the repeated abuses in the past they were talking about

#109 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:38 PM

View PostAidan Kell, on 11 May 2015 - 07:36 PM, said:

Extraordinarily arrogant to imply that your unit is representative of the whole community. If anything, the response here should be proof that you're not.

But since we're pulling out the foil hats, lets try this one on for size. The group of people calling for explicit information on how a cheat was detected with the zeal of a newly converted acolyte of the Word of Blake, happen to be the same group from which the alleged cheater came from.

Maybe they wanna cheat, without being detected?
Posted Image

#110 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Thank you.

#111 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

View PostQuickdraw Crobat, on 11 May 2015 - 07:35 PM, said:

and it is frequently perceived that the unit is inhabited by trolls.

This is the one bit of proof that Ive seen them present in this thread

#112 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

View PostAidan Kell, on 11 May 2015 - 07:36 PM, said:

Bingo!

#113 Crunch Troll

• PipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 31 posts
  • Location+52.113, -106.629, +0.508

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:39 PM

View PostShinVector, on 11 May 2015 - 06:06 PM, said:

At believe this is a good step by PGI.
Hopefully there are no false positives.

Completely avoiding false positives will be very difficult. Just look at your anti-virus program or email spam filter. They do and will happen (anything is statistically possible). I would hope that PGI enacts some sort of appeal system. The accused should be given the opportunity to appeal before being publicly declared a Cheater. It would be very unfair for someone to be accidentally banned and lose a lot of time, effort and possibly money invested in the game.

I am all for banning cheaters. I am just aware neither people nor software are perfect and errors are quite possible.

#114 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:40 PM

View PostShredhead, on 11 May 2015 - 07:36 PM, said:

These wannabe goons are cracking me up. They struggle like helpless children. Funny.

Adorable, innit?

Posted Image

#115 Magic Murder Bag

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Naraka and Shinkoku

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:40 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 11 May 2015 - 07:35 PM, said:

IKR?
Posted Image

Quite:

Edited by Magic Murder Bag, 11 May 2015 - 07:42 PM.

#116 Talos7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 130 posts
  • LocationCesspool that is post 2016 Washington DC

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:41 PM

Cant say i know who this mystery player that got banned is, or what the bloody hell the players of NKVA are going on about...

But i for one am happy that they are taking steps to eliminate those who are cheating the game and its players.

If PGI tells us how they catch someone cheating, someone will just find a way around it.
Looks like you will just have to abide by the little read and constantly changing terms and conditions that the rest of us live under.

#117 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:41 PM

This thread seems to have broken reddit lol

#118 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:42 PM

View PostMustafa Kemal Ataturk, on 11 May 2015 - 07:17 PM, said:

I am eagerly awaiting PGI's response to this matter.

Good luck with that. LOL.

#119 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:43 PM

View PostMagic Murder Bag, on 11 May 2015 - 07:40 PM, said:

Quite:

It uses a URL, can't attach pictures from your hard drive. Use IMGUR.

#120 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 697 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:43 PM

I wonder who this "high profile" player was. If anybody does know I'd appreciate it if you messaged me. It may have been someone on my "list". And if he was part of a group...well...that group needs to be watched like a hawk for a while. I'm fed up with this cheating ********. It's a little more common than people think...but of course not nearly a majority of people and games. At either rate...this game isn't THAT hard! You don't need to cheat! And if someone accuses you...don't retort with "omg your a noob lulululul qq why you raging" blah blah. Respond with "I'm not cheating man, if you'd like I can show you videos and screenshots."...that way you actually you know...clear your name and thats that instead of acting like a pissant. I know people feel they shouldn't have to prove they dont cheat or defend themselves. But guess what...you do. I've had to do it for various games over the years. Defend yourself respectfully and thoroughly and people will shut up.

Edited by Ramrod AI, 11 May 2015 - 07:45 PM.

30 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 30 guests, 0 anonymous users