• LocationSpain

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:02 PM

Machineguns mechs are beasts :D

#22 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:13 PM

cute fox - machine gun ears is one of my favorite build options on kfx, it's either uac 5 in the right ear (so many people take their large ballistic cannon on kfx in the low slung left hand when they could use a hardpoint which is situated above their cockpit -_-), a machine gun in the left ear, two mgs and a med laser in the left hand and a med laser in the right hand; or 4 mgs - 1 per ear and 2 in the left hand and some energy weapon like ppc (+ 1-2 med lasers) or 3 med pulse lasers etc

#23 TeteSP

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:44 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 19 May 2015 - 08:13 PM, said:

cute fox - machine gun ears is one of my favorite build options on kfx, it's either uac 5 in the right ear (so many people take their large ballistic cannon on kfx in the low slung left hand when they could use a hardpoint which is situated above their cockpit -_-), a machine gun in the left ear, two mgs and a med laser in the left hand and a med laser in the right hand; or 4 mgs - 1 per ear and 2 in the left hand and some energy weapon like ppc (+ 1-2 med lasers) or 3 med pulse lasers etc

Well,and u can talk about any especial kills with that machineguns that u remember???

#24 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:31 AM

on Canyon Network in a SDR-5K, a JM6 legged me, he was on a wall, I was in the canyon, the enemy Mech was fresh, I jumped up the side of the canyon and started firing my ERLL and 4 MGs, the Jagermech then tried to target me so I stepped back and fell back into the Canyon, the Jaggermech for some reason stayed on top, I repeated and the Jagermech did not survive.

A few matches later, again in the 5K, this time on Tourmoline, a Dire Wolf legged me at close range, it was fresh but it overheated so I started opening up on its center torso and closed to point blank range, the Dire powered back up and fired another alpha strike, all missed, presumably because I was too close for the guns to converge, I kept shooting while it powered back up, alphered and missed again then I got through its armor and it died

the moral of the stories is never ignore a legged Spider.

#25 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:58 AM

View Postjss78, on 18 May 2015 - 07:07 AM, said:

There is a BJ mastery bundle -- includes the Arrow as well as the BJ-1(C) and BJ-3.

Oh, right, duh. It was the Vindicator that did not have one yet that I was waiting for. :P
But that shows how much I check the store. XD

#26 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:45 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 18 May 2015 - 07:41 AM, said:

...useful stuff!...

Okay, firstly, that is NOT my build. XD My DD runs with 16 DHS, not 17, and the armor is maxed everywhere except for losing 3 points on each arm. Plus the BAP is in the CT, and what you showed there only has AMS ammo, no AMS. Plus I run with CASE and three tons of MG ammo in the side torsos (along with the one ton of AMS ammo). So quite a bit different. :P

But I digress; I am grateful that you wish to improve my experience by suggesting alternatives, and I may one day try some of those, but for now I will stick with the performance of the current Major Pewpew. :D
It may be dependant on getting close up to a weakened target, but it has served me well for quite a long time~ ^_^

#27 Smag

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 41 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:32 PM

View PostMoldur, on 19 May 2015 - 10:44 AM, said:

I have a Nova named "knife only" with 4 machine guns and 12 small lasers. It gets poor-average damage usually, but a decent number of kills. It's a terrible poker for most of the match due to the knuckledragging small lasers, but then it does all its work in the later game. I target damaged or stripped components, open them up the rest of the way with my surgical laser knife, then I pummel it with 4 machine guns.

It's funny because the target doesn't usually realize just how badly they're screwed until their CT gets stripped in only a few seconds and is about to get blown out.

This is my experience with my 6spulse, 6ersl, 4mgun Nova "Surgeon", aside from the "low average damage" part.

King Crabs are especially susceptible to suddenly dying because their torsos are just so LARGE when viewed from above and they never expect to be outmatched by anything in the short range game.

Surgeon's job before the late game murderspree is typically to take and hold key locations (The ramp in Canyon, the top of HPG) or to quickly remove lights that try their luck at sowing confusion by blowing their legs off.

Edited by Smag, 20 May 2015 - 01:46 PM.

#28 Typhon27

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 210 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:44 PM

The Arrow
6 MGs
2 MPL
1 LPL
235 STD

When they ignore you, bad things happen.
It's always satisfying when you use ALL the bullets.

[url=[/url]Posted Image

#29 TeteSP

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:10 PM

View PostTyphon27, on 20 May 2015 - 06:44 PM, said:

The Arrow
6 MGs
2 MPL
1 LPL
235 STD

When they ignore you, bad things happen.
It's always satisfying when you use ALL the bullets.

[url=[/url]Posted Image

Wow,thats great,i wish to do the same with my Cicada 3C. I suggest u to go to 1k damage thread :D

Edited by TeteSP, 20 May 2015 - 07:13 PM.

#30 Cupid and Psyche _

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts
  • LocationUnion DropShip

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:27 PM

I can attest for the Arrow as well. I've had many amazing games in. It's just so satisfying to hold down primary fire without giving a care in the world towards heat.

I've stripped tons of mechs'- with over a 30 ton advantage on me- CTs. Simply holding aim steady letting the barrage of 6 machine guns of fury do their work really reaps magic results.

The Arrow is an amazing and extremely satisfying mech to pilot

#31 ginger

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 65 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:36 PM

Recently came back to the game after a year long break and I've spent most of my time in the Arrow w/ the 2 LPL 6 MG setup, and life has never been better. BJ's were always my go to mech last time around so the Arrow was a godsend to me!

PUG match on Alpine today, enemy team went up the south road and actually made it work and it was 10/10 and I had the poor/good ? luck to somehow have both side torsos cored and my LPL's destroyed but still be alive. My lancemate, an ermm Thunderbolt I think went down in flames along with the enemy Atlas he was dueling and then it was me on top of the main hill facing down a Mad Dog at the bottom. Knowing I had only moments before he would be able to core me out I did a max speed flying burrito dive of the hill doing a 360 air twist to spread his missiles. I hit the ground hard enough to armor strip my left leg and destroy my right, but I landed with his CT bracketed right at 335 meters.... 1 meter away from the extended max range of the Arrow's MG's. He must of run out of LRM ammo because he never launched another volley, and he must not have known I could still damage him at that range because he was just standing there..presumably lining up a kill shot with his backup lasers. He never got the shot off and I've never heard so many PUGgers hooting and hollering on VOIP before!

It's not every day you get the clutch win at 335m with nothing but MG's. I knocked my chair over jumping up with excitement.

#32 TeteSP

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:59 PM

Seems that arrow was the best mg mech :o

#33 Dino Might

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:47 PM

Edited by Dino Might, 21 May 2015 - 05:48 PM.

#34 TeteSP

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:56 PM

View PostDino Might, on 21 May 2015 - 05:47 PM, said:

Not bad my friend :D

Edited by TeteSP, 21 May 2015 - 07:57 PM.

#35 Tylerchu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 253 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 23 May 2015 - 09:13 AM

Once upon a time, I was running my JM6-DD with 2 AC/10 and 4 MG on HPG Conquest. Game went great for both sides, it went to 2v2 with me out of AC/10 ammo, rather beat up (most everything orange) but still having ~8k MG ammo. My teammate was a light mech, a locust I think. The locust ran off and killed someone so it was me and him vs an almost fresh Atlas. I'm assuming that me only spewing machine guns turned the Atlas off of me so he lumbered off chasing the light. I simply tailed him from a respectful distance and poured everything I had into his rear CT. He never turned around.

#36 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 May 2015 - 09:33 AM

A few days ago in River City i kept pestering a DW with my Kit Fox with ER PPC, 2SL, 4MG. Then my team died.
That DW set a successfull ambush for me at the citadel and tried to finish me off in the waters under the bridge nearby.

The enemy team surrounded me but i kept firing my MGs at the DW for about 20-30 secs while dogding.
His LT blew out and he tried to shield his remaining RT with his arm but didn't succeed.
I destroyed him.

3-4 secs after that my mech finally collapsed while i was unloading everything i had to try bring down a Battlemaster.

#37 TLxB

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 59 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 23 May 2015 - 09:43 AM

Hey,just 3 matches ago ive got my first double kill with my Locust 1V,im too happy :D

#38 lordkentar

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:14 AM

My wife and I were teamed up on Forrest, I was in my DD with 6mg and dual LPL, and she was in cicada with 4mg and 1LPL.
We were the only ones at the exit to the lower end of the tunnel when a battlemaster, tbolt and another med/heavy came out.
I put myself in front as I knew they would rip her cicada apart otherwise.

10mg and 3LPL disposed of the battlemaster and tbolt just before I lost my ST.
7mg and 2LPL took down the last mech moments after that.

Our team then walks up for support... "thanks guys, we got this."

So much raging on the Red about how we were hacking together or something.
I had a screenshot, but I lost that drive, so all those picts are gone :'(

#39 TLxB

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 59 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:10 PM

View Postlordkentar, on 23 May 2015 - 11:14 AM, said:

My wife and I were teamed up on Forrest, I was in my DD with 6mg and dual LPL, and she was in cicada with 4mg and 1LPL.
We were the only ones at the exit to the lower end of the tunnel when a battlemaster, tbolt and another med/heavy came out.
I put myself in front as I knew they would rip her cicada apart otherwise.

10mg and 3LPL disposed of the battlemaster and tbolt just before I lost my ST.
7mg and 2LPL took down the last mech moments after that.

Our team then walks up for support... "thanks guys, we got this."

So much raging on the Red about how we were hacking together or something.
I had a screenshot, but I lost that drive, so all those picts are gone :'(

Another example of how terrible and dangerous was machine gun mecha :o

#40 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:10 AM

Hellbringer with an Array of 5-6 SPL's and 3-4 MG's + ECM makes for nasty surprises. Had much fun playing this variant offensively. Also Clan MG's are far superior to their IS counterparts: SFX. Just awesome to listen to the barrage.

Edited by k05h3lk1n, 24 May 2015 - 11:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users