Quirk List For The May 19Th Patch

757 replies to this topic

#41 clubssc343

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:35 PM

and in a month you'll all be back crying because gauss ppc is OP PGI PLS NERF. I can feel the posts already ;)

#42 Adamski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:39 PM

View PostThe Mechromancer, on 16 May 2015 - 02:03 PM, said:

Are you conveniently forgetting that the WHK is the size of a dire wolf? And does not have the amazing hit boxes and hard point placement of a stalker? And can only attain 6e hard points when -not- using the C arm.

I explicitly stated its a 4x cLPL WHK, it doesnt need more hardpoints than the 2 in each arm, which the C arm provides.

#43 Murcheson

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:41 PM

Just for the sake of clarification - a "laser" refers to all types of lasers that is, "standard" lasers, er lasers, pulse lasers, and of all sizes, large, medium and small?

#44 Alexi Davion

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 20 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:45 PM

Thanx. You wait till I finally Buy the Damn Stalker to see what all the Huff was about...Still wasn't Amazing in any case and now you just made it worthless. I want my damn money back. And I want the Money I wasted on the Large Laser Modules as well. I spend enough RL money as it is on this game. This Bait and Switch sh*t needs to stop. Hell Might as well refund me on my Timber wolf as well...Make that old staple garbage as well. SIghs.

Wheers my PVE...
Wheres the "Role" based Mech content.
and wheres my Longtoms.

#45 Moldur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:45 PM

View PostMurcheson, on 16 May 2015 - 02:41 PM, said:

Just for the sake of clarification - a "laser" refers to all types of lasers that is, "standard" lasers, er lasers, pulse lasers, and of all sizes, large, medium and small?

Yes. Quirks that only affect a certain type of laser will be labeled as such.

e.g.
+10% cooldown to large lasers is different from
+10% cooldown to lasers.

#46 1e0n

• PipPip
  • The Icon
  • The Icon
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:46 PM

I'm in this game from after CB and i just cant process any more all this information you can put out with this quirks.

#47 xDust

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:49 PM

So they made the main Clan weakness concerning lasers (duration) even worse?

Wow. Genius.

#48 FLuo2021

Rookie

• The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:00 PM

These changes are pretty harsh for the Raven 2X, Stormcrow and Timberwolf. Why not buff some of the weaker mechs? Was nerfing these clan mechs to push Wave 3 sales?
These mechs all needed nerfs, but making laser weapons nigh unusable for Stormcrows and Timberwolves seems a bit ridiculous. If missiles and ballistics were better, then these changes could be slightly more acceptable. There's a reason that the laser meta exists and why its so popular. I don't see how overnerfing useable mechs is good for a game when there are so many bad mechs that could use quirks or quirk balancing.
As for what was done correctly, the nerfs on the Firestarters were well deserved. Although the H got hit kind of hard, these mechs will still be useable.

#49 I L L

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:01 PM

Well, call it doctor. MWO officially died May 19th, 2015.
You idiots already have less than 20 000 people play in your biggest event in a year, and now you decide to nerf the winning faction so badly that you're going to have even more player loss. Good job PGI, you really are bad at making video games. Can you please let someone have the licence who will actually do something good with it? This garbage is getting really old.

#50 Dan54

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:01 PM

I believe that there should be no super Quirked mechs but PGI seems to be heading in the wrong direction. So why would I spend real money on the new packages when what they are selling us is not what we get when they are done quirking it and basically restricting the ass off of them so they are no better than what we have already who needs more of the same thing, there has to be a reason to purchase new mechs and with the way they are white washing them all with the same brush why bother!!!!

#51 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:08 PM

Good thing: I did not buy the Stalker yet, even though I have thought to try and see what all this meta is about.
Bad thing: I just activated 30 days premium from my founders banked time.

Well, I guess I will use them up and then give MWO a rest for a while and see in a year if real balancing has occured or if there's still nerfing and buffing, constantly altering things you grinded towards or even paid for.

kthxbye.

edit:
Thoroughly regretting injecting fresh cash to PGI for a TBR gifted to someone.

Edited by PFC Carsten, 16 May 2015 - 03:21 PM.

#52 MuFasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 287 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:10 PM

So just to make sure I am not missing anything as far as the clan mechs go. The one truly viable weapon system they have, lasers are being further nerfed to encourage people to use builds that aren't laser focused?

Here's an alternate plan.......... make clan ballistics BETTER.

#53 Torchfire Katayama

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 114 posts
  • LocationNA

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:11 PM

View PostMcHoshi, on 16 May 2015 - 01:33 PM, said:

... so let´s buy clan wave III ... for the cauldron-born will be the new timberwolf ;)

Next up for IS tears, whining, griping, and nerfing to death like the SCR and TBR

Edited by Torchfire, 16 May 2015 - 03:12 PM.

#54 the wr3ck

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:20 PM

I will not be purchasing any more mechs with real money in this game. PGI is using quirks to get players to buy different mechs and then nerfing them. PGI 's balancing is horrible. STOP trying to balance mechs off CW. No body plays CW because it's not fun. I am seriously considering canceling my wave 3 due to all the nerfs.

#55 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:37 PM

View PostTorchfire, on 16 May 2015 - 03:11 PM, said:

Next up for IS tears, whining, griping, and nerfing to death like the SCR and TBR

The salt mines shall be very prosperous in the coming weeks!

I still think that PGI needs to add a threshold setting to their quirks where first (x) weapons are not affected and if you put more than (x) then it either kicks in for all or only for the additional weapons. It's like the quirk version of... Ghost Heat.

That way regular and reasonable loadouts aren't penalized as much.

I like the stalker changes though. My 4N has 2 LL 4 ML and 3 SRM4. :)

Edited by Elizander, 16 May 2015 - 03:38 PM.

#56 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:42 PM

Can we PLEASE have nerfs based on the NUMBER of weapons ON THE MECH.

#57 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:45 PM

View PostElizander, on 16 May 2015 - 03:37 PM, said:

The salt mines shall be very prosperous in the coming weeks!

I still think that PGI needs to add a threshold setting to their quirks where first (x) weapons are not affected and if you put more than (x) then it either kicks in for all or only for the additional weapons. It's like the quirk version of... Ghost Heat.

That way regular and reasonable loadouts aren't penalized as much.

I like the stalker changes though. My 4N has 2 LL 4 ML and 3 SRM4. :)

Yes! THIS! PLEASE THIS! Make it so that if we boat it, it goes bad. NOT make it so bad, we MUST boat it for it to be useful.

Edit: Fixed drunk typos. :wacko:

Edited by Nathan K, 17 May 2015 - 09:47 AM.

#58 MrMainiac

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 64 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:48 PM

Uninstalling and demanding a refund for Clan Wave III

I've been in this since closed beta which was the ONLY time that the game was ever really fun. With the introduction of all these different quirks and changing how some systems work (a.k.a Double heat sinks only giving x1.4 instead of x2 cooling) is making the game terrible and it disgusts me. I feel like you went for money grabs and decided to ram an unlubricated ***** up all our asses w/o even giving the decency of a reach-around with this game.

If i could get a refund for all the money I spent thinking "PGI can't be this stupid, it was all IGP who went out of business for it" I could easily afford a new computer setup with all the latest parts

#59 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:56 PM

Sure, PGI is using quirks to make the new mechs look more appealing to buy, and that is 100% understandable and justifiable! Why would they bother releasing new mechs if they're inferior in all ways to mechs released over a year ago? They wouldn't..

This is just another attempt to level the playing field for ALL MECHS. PGI is not misleading players into buying overquirked mechs. Many mechs have seen buffs since their release. Some mechs received an overbuffer, and are now being addressed today by pulling back a tiny bit on the quirks.

Some mechs have experienced only nerfs since conception, and that's understandable too. With concepts such as hardpoint placement, hitboxes and maneuverability, you simply CANNOT analyze how effective a mech is going to be until it is released into the public.

Honestly, why all the salt every time a nerf happens? I've noticed it's mostly the same people too. You guys should wake up and realize that the majority of this game's playerbase SUPPORTS these quirk passes, and one or two players complaining and ragequitting is not going to have any effect whatsoever on the community.

#60 045

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 59 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:56 PM

Elizander that is a brilliant idea. That should make it more appealing to use more varied weapon loadouts. I'm going to push this idea a lot. I love it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users