757 replies to this topic

#61 Gabriel Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 210 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:00 PM

COME ON PGI !! You could of given us some good quirk as well. I mean you could of made each mech special in certain weapon like you did for the kit fox, ice ferrit and the other mech from last patch quirk for clans. This is pure nerf us again. If you wanted to end the laser meta than make the clan mech speical in certain weapon specs like ballistic. You did a great job with the Mad Dog and Kit Fox but this is nonsense.

#62 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:04 PM

View PostSniper09121986, on 16 May 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

Good things: PGI has FINALLY acknowledged that there are problems with FS, STK-4N and Clan laser meta.

Bad things: they did not fix them. STK is nerfed a little (not bad in and of itself, no need to go ballistic in these matters), but Flamestarter still has his god-mode overlapping microscopic hitboxes. As for Clans... Well, I do not know. I do not know how else and how many more times and how loud to tell these people that Clan laser-boating is the direct consequence of NOT HAVING ANYTHING ELSE!!! LRMs are useless right now. UACs spread the damage so wildly I hardly even bother to dodge them. LB-x are even less useful against a target with a single point of armour on it at any range other than point blank (though I may be too general on this one). What are we supposed to do now, jump-stomp them? Just allow cross-tech and let us boat the stone-age IS tech already!

Couldnt say better... 100% correct!

#63 Bubblewhip

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:07 PM

Work with what we got, but I really wish they would start adjusting the really undesirable mechs like the Summoner, Orion, and such that really should have some play time.

#64 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:08 PM

Very mixed reaction.

The IS quirk tweaks look like a step in the right direction to me...but it's not what I would have done.

Why does the Firestarter-S *still* get a double-heat-reduction quirk? It's now down to 20% total instead of 30%, granted - it's a significant change, don't get me wrong - but it's still clearly going to be the best Firestarter; the question is just whether it's going to stand out as obviously as a "top-meta" 35-ton light mech.

Why not give the Stalker-4N a slight missile heat reduction, if your goal is to encourage a mixed loadout? If missiles just fire even faster now, that's even less reason to take it together with a LL-boat build, unless you plan on using Streak-2s.

What about the Grid Iron?

What about the Dragon-1N?

What about the gawd-dang Thunderbolts???

How come mechs like the Orion and Atlas haven't seen buffs? If there's any mech that deserves the Thunderbolt's quirks, it's the Orion (though the LBX-10 variant does get an amazing cooldown buff).

Or how about the Shadowhawk?

Or how about the Victor?

There's many other outliers right now when it comes to quirks, and it doesn't make sense to me that those are not being addressed.

As for the Stormcrow - why not change the hitbox, as has been suggested with poorly drawn MSPaint pictures such as this one?
Posted Image

With some sensible touches to the hitbox, instead of the visuals-defying incredible one it has now, you wouldn't need to slam it so heavily with these negative quirks.

And I frankly just don't see why the Timberwolf was hit as hard as it was; we should have waited to see how the Black Knight fares against it, as a proper 75-ton IS heavy before making this drastic a judgement.

Now the "meta" with the Timberwolf is going to lean even more towards heavy SRM and/or Gauss-centric loadouts to minimize all those penalties as much as possible...good thing I recently switched to an ERPPC/SRM build somewhat similar to the D.

_______

At the very least, it's something. The time until the next quirk adjustment will tell how effective this one patch is, but I'm not expecting a whole lot to change - though at least the Firestarters being taken down a few notches will surely be refreshing.

Edited by Telmasa, 16 May 2015 - 06:10 PM.

#65 Vervuel

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 69 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:08 PM

I imagine that by nerfing the **** out of clan lasers, they are trying to make the clans play a mor eshort range game, same with IS, to make matches more funner than trading long range pansy-a$$ laser vomit for 30 minutes. FYI, a 12 SCR, 432-SRM rush would probably be unstoppable a majority of the time. But no one likes getting their paint scratched lol.

#66 Ghostryder

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, USA

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:09 PM

Whatever. I had a nice, well reasoned response to this, and decided it will not matter. The Clans will be nerfed into the dirt by a biased approach to the very concept of the game, so it matters not. The Clans will continue to succeed through skill and inventiveness, until they cannot. In which case, it will be a design fault.

#67 The Mechromancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 497 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:10 PM

have each weapon have a power draw.

and give each engine a power rating.

#68 Impyrium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:23 PM

Ah yes, the Clan salt is palpable.

*looks more closely*

WHAT IN GODS NAME HAVE YOU DONE TO MY 2X?!

*cries in corner*

#69 spectralthundr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 704 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:26 PM

So for months people cried that Timberwolves were OP, now they're crying that it's being addressed? Personally I don't get what all the QQ is about but then again that's kinda typical with this community. People love to cry.

#70 DarkExar

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • 77 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:26 PM

View PostGhostryder, on 16 May 2015 - 04:09 PM, said:

Whatever. I had a nice, well reasoned response to this, and decided it will not matter. The Clans will be nerfed into the dirt by a biased approach to the very concept of the game, so it matters not. The Clans will continue to succeed through skill and inventiveness, until they cannot. In which case, it will be a design fault.

No my friend. Clans will not succed. PGI kills clan players, and soon there is no clan faction. Then there is no IS faction with no real enemy present. Then servers go shutdown.
Devs get hardly earned holidays.
GG NO RE.

Edited by DarkExar, 16 May 2015 - 04:26 PM.

#71 Corbenik

• The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:35 PM

View PostThe Mechromancer, on 16 May 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

Why the salted poo do clans get their stock load outs nerfed?

8/8 omnis should not suffer these penalties.

what a joke.

We all know they wanna see how this affects CW drop decks , I mean i dont see like amrada of Warhawks like STK when I played around. but meh the QQ will continue so we just have to wait and maybe they will tweak the numbers some more :X

#72 rangergord

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:46 PM

What this thread seems to boil down to: I can't faceroll as easly in my faceroll ride that I paid to faceroll in, and now I'm quitting.

#73 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:49 PM

View Postwarner2, on 16 May 2015 - 01:52 PM, said:

How does this work, do they add up? If I have a Storm Crow with 2 prime arms with 4 ERML is that 6% + 6% = 12% increase to laser duration?

So then if I ditch one of the prime arms (put on an arm with no duration penalty, like the C) and use an A arm instead (still 4 ERML) then now that's only 9% increase to duration?

None of this makes a whole lot of sense to me, really. The prime arm can take lasers so it receives negative laser quirks? That's like giving the Awesome negative PPC quirks. Wouldn't a 'mech with energy slots do better at using energy weapons? It's all getting a bit nonsensical.

Probably it'd be more intuitive to nerf the Storm Crow and Timer Wolf in other ways like mobility or something.... Change the stock engine (make it smaller) seeing as it's the large engine that gives them the mobility in the first place? How about changing the other clan 'mechs that are bad because they are stuck with small engines or standard structure so that they actually have a better engine or endo-steel?

It's almost as if the very foundation of the way the clan 'mechs are balanced is broken. Fixed engine size, structure and armour type, are they really all based on stock load-outs? Battletech, it's broken. Probably best not to allow the usefulness or otherwise of a clan 'mech to be based on it's stock load-out.

Nerfing beam duration just feels lazy. Lazy, like ghost heat.

the prime arms get bigger nerfs because it has the most pertental for large amounts of damage, if the storm crow was an inferior mech that needed buffs the prime would receive lower buffs compared to the other variants.
in saying that the nerfs s seem a bit harsh 30% if you have both arms plus 3% for the head ER large lasers are going to suck.
they don't need to change the way they set up Omani pods I think if you could change the engines you would see players finding way harsher exploits slow dires with even more guns there is already near instant kills potential, faster heavy's that leave IS lights and mediums obsolete, they just need to balance thing out.

#74 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:49 PM

Why wont all the clan teams change to IS? That would work! Then we could do CW with all the meta mechs that are currently available to IS. Truth be told, the only viable builds on the timber was the laser vomit... clan ACs simply suck, they dont work... clan LRMs suck... they look nice, blue, shooting in a stream line... but, with a simple ams, its enough to shoot them dowm, and there is a reason why you dont get clan LRMs in CW...
So, with all the nerfs that the timber and the crow got, what else do we have to use in any drop? Simple, the long hated summoner... but truth is that the summoner itself is not a good mech, even its omnipods.

So the solution is simple, people should simply just stop playing as clan! Lets all go to IS!!! To all the people that ordered the wave 3 pack, simply ask for a refund! Get the resistance 2 pack!
Remember, two of the meta IS mechs got nerfed, the firestarter and the stalker, but if you look at it, just 2,5% nerf... thats nothing, really lolol so if we change to IS we can still use those mechs ;)

Refund for wave 3 : checked

#75 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:51 PM

don't know why the worst rave is on this list and they probably needed the thunderbolt, dire wolf and hell bringer on it instead

#76 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:53 PM

View PostBubblewhip, on 16 May 2015 - 04:07 PM, said:

Work with what we got, but I really wish they would start adjusting the really undesirable mechs like the Summoner, Orion, and such that really should have some play time.

Hah, funny you mention the Summoner. That mech is a beast! Lately, I've been consistently scoring 3 kills in my SMN-PRIME. I removed the LRM launcher and replaced it with a S-SRM6 w/ 1.5 tons of ammo, and also placed a T-COMP I in the arm with the ER PPC. Equipped extended range and cooldown modules for ER PPC, radar target deprivation and 360 target retention mech modules, UAV & airstrike. Currently, the Summoner is in my list of Top 10 dependable mechs!

#77 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:53 PM

Well, balance is one thing but PGI's quick swings are worse than the mood swings of a chick on the rag.
When PGI runs out of cash grab packs to sell they might start selling quirks lol.

Edited by CHH Badkarma, 16 May 2015 - 04:55 PM.

#78 RustyBolts

• The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:56 PM

So they nerf the only two mechs that Clans have that are decent. MMMM Guess that means all Clan Mechs are now going to be Tier 3. lol

#79 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:04 PM

View PostSpadejack, on 16 May 2015 - 04:49 PM, said:

Why wont all the clan teams change to IS? That would work! Then we could do CW with all the meta mechs that are currently available to IS. Truth be told, the only viable builds on the timber was the laser vomit... clan ACs simply suck, they dont work... clan LRMs suck... they look nice, blue, shooting in a stream line... but, with a simple ams, its enough to shoot them dowm, and there is a reason why you dont get clan LRMs in CW...
So, with all the nerfs that the timber and the crow got, what else do we have to use in any drop? Simple, the long hated summoner... but truth is that the summoner itself is not a good mech, even its omnipods.

So the solution is simple, people should simply just stop playing as clan! Lets all go to IS!!! To all the people that ordered the wave 3 pack, simply ask for a refund! Get the resistance 2 pack!
Remember, two of the meta IS mechs got nerfed, the firestarter and the stalker, but if you look at it, just 2,5% nerf... thats nothing, really lolol so if we change to IS we can still use those mechs ;)

Refund for wave 3 : checked

you see just as few IS LRMs in CW

way I see it people need to stomp comparing IS to clan mechs when it comes to quirks

1. the numbers don't translate the same across faction because the weapons and equipment are vastly different to begin with

2. they want to and need to balance IS mechs to other IS mechs so all chassis are viable same for Clans then they can balance both sides in other ways like drop limits deployment.

3. if they wanted to make Omani mechs and stranded mechs on the same level they would make them all standardized so they need to work out how they will balance them out side individual mech comparesen

#80 Nori Silverrage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 332 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:05 PM

Don't got a problem with the duration/cooldown for Timber and SCR, except that if they are trying to push different builds they fail horribly. Why? Because clan AC/UAC weapons are terrible. All this is going to do is make them slightly worse and maybe push more people into the Gauss/5xML build.

Fix the damn clan ballistics.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users