Psa: Phoenix Poll Link

227 replies to this topic

#1 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:12 PM

Phoenix Poll Link: https://mwomercs.com/phoenix-poll

PGI didn't exactly advertise it. The link is pulled from the Announcement when they stated that they had fixed the Phoenix Event.

#2 RavenKnight86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 205 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:24 PM

Bump

#3 AnimosityMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 207 posts
  • LocationRight behind that rock over there.

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:26 PM

Remember folks a Yes vote here means a Yes vote for the resell of the Founders mechs as well.

#4 Codestar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 132 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:31 PM

Will we be able to see who the miserable spuds are who voted no? I would like to victimise them on the battlefield in the mechs they don't even use any more??? Seriously??? Sad day for the community!

Codestar

Yes resell the founders mechs too. Good idea! They are really good looking mechs. I'm sure there are more people out there who would love a chance to get their own set. Stop being miserable Twits!

Codestar

#5 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:37 PM

View PostCodestar, on 19 May 2015 - 12:31 PM, said:

Will we be able to see who the miserable spuds are who voted no?

I voted no.

Why?

"Important! These Phoenix Variants will NEVER again be available to purchase or to unlock once the sale offer has ended."
- Phoenix FAQ

That's pretty definite, don't you think?

#6 AnimosityMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:42 PM

Will we be able to see who the miserable spuds are who voted no? I would like to victimise them on the battlefield in the mechs they don't even use any more??? Seriously??? Sad day for the community!

Codestar

Yes resell the founders mechs too. Good idea! They are really good looking mechs. I'm sure there are more people out there who would love a chance to get their own set. Stop being miserable Twits!

Codestar

I voted no. Because of what stjobe said.

I also use my (P) version all the time, especially the mediums because they have to be some of the best IS meds in the game.

Edited by Animus41, 19 May 2015 - 12:42 PM.

#7 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:44 PM

Codestar

Codestar

I happen to be on of the ones who voted no and, ironically, my Phoenix Mechs remain as some of the most most-used Mechs in my inventory.

You may try to "victimize" me on the battlefield if you wish. A word of caution though; it will probably end badly for you.

View Poststjobe, on 19 May 2015 - 12:37 PM, said:

I voted no.

Why?

"Important! These Phoenix Variants will NEVER again be available to purchase or to unlock once the sale offer has ended."
- Phoenix FAQ

That's pretty definite, don't you think?

That is definitely definite. Re-releasing them would constitute false advertising.

Edited by Nightmare1, 19 May 2015 - 12:44 PM.

#8 Sherrod

• Pip
  • WC 2017 Participant
  • WC 2017 Participant
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:54 PM

I am an Overlord owner. I voted yes because I was away when the remainder of the Phoenix pack was released. I would like a second opportunity to purchase the additional mechs that were made available after the initial Phoenix pack.

Those of you who continue to refer back to the "Founders" pack. This is about the Phoenix pack (something entirely different incase you didn't know!). Thus far, they have made every other pack after Phoenix available for continued purchase, why not unlock the Phoenix pack once more, for a limited time and give those of us who purchased the pack originally a little bonus!

#9 Linkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:57 PM

View PostSherrod, on 19 May 2015 - 12:54 PM, said:

I am an Overlord owner. I voted yes because I was away when the remainder of the Phoenix pack was released. I would like a second opportunity to purchase the additional mechs that were made available after the initial Phoenix pack.

Those of you who continue to refer back to the "Founders" pack. This is about the Phoenix pack (something entirely different incase you didn't know!). Thus far, they have made every other pack after Phoenix available for continued purchase, why not unlock the Phoenix pack once more, for a limited time and give those of us who purchased the pack originally a little bonus!

Please see St Jobe's post, or this:

http://mwomercs.com/...t-phoenix-faqs/

Never is pretty definite.

#10 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:06 PM

View PostSherrod, on 19 May 2015 - 12:54 PM, said:

...Why not unlock the Phoenix pack once more, for a limited time...

Because it was advertised as a never-to-be-released-again package? Because re-releasing the pack constitutes false advertising? Because it's essentially betraying us who bought the pack, whether you, as an Overlord purchaser, choose to realize it or not?

#11 Mirkk Defwode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 748 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:09 PM

I voted 'No' because

View Poststjobe, on 19 May 2015 - 12:37 PM, said:

- Phoenix FAQ

thank you Stjobe for doing the legwork for me

Yes resell the founders mechs too. Good idea! They are really good looking mechs.

No....

#12 Pathos

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 177 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:25 PM

Then I may seek out a refund for my founders program and phoenix mechs purchases.

#13 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:33 PM

So you guys that vote no would rather not be shown to be the original phoenix buyers and prevent PGI from giving you guys more for free...

#14 AnimosityMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:12 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 19 May 2015 - 01:33 PM, said:

So you guys that vote no would rather not be shown to be the original phoenix buyers and prevent PGI from giving you guys more for free...

Nowhere does PGI say that they will give original Phoenix buyers more loot.

So in answer to your question, "YUP"

Edited by Animus41, 19 May 2015 - 02:12 PM.

#15 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:23 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 19 May 2015 - 01:33 PM, said:

PGI hasn't guaranteed anything for us Phoenix buyers if we vote yes. In fact, there is zero incentive for us to vote yes. Even if there were, it would be little more than an ill-concealed bribe. In addition, I don't think there are many players here willing to trust PGI. They still have to overcome their history of disappointing fans.

So, yeah, we're voting "No." It's the logical choice.

#16 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:42 PM

I shot that vote a huge "no." Who knows what will happen when we vote "yes" on these things next? Every one who bough top tier $500 mechs gets to poll to give everyone free gold clan mechs?

#17 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:48 PM

Good point!

#18 Alan Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:05 PM

No offense, but have any of you who voted no thought that because you voted no, you are potentially denying PGI a huge wave of income, and potentially a "Phoenix Wave 2" further down the line with mechs like the Stinger/Wasp, Phoenix Hawk, Crusader and Marauder, and even more?

If the Phoenix Project were re-opened, it could very well pay for the remaining Phoenix Mechs that were not touched due to Harmony Gold's stranglehold on them. Who the hell seriously cares about "false advertising" these days anyway. We are CONSTANTLY bombarded with false advertisements in this day and age.

Think this through guys, you're denying PGI even more money that could be spent to add more mechs to, and overall improve this game.

#19 AnimosityMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:15 PM

There is nothing stopping PGI from releasing Phoenix II mechs. So your argument is invalid.

#20 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:15 PM

View PostAlan Davion, on 19 May 2015 - 03:05 PM, said:

No offense, but have any of you who voted no thought that because you voted no, you are potentially denying PGI a huge wave of income, and potentially a "Phoenix Wave 2" further down the line with mechs like the Stinger/Wasp, Phoenix Hawk, Crusader and Marauder, and even more?

If the Phoenix Project were re-opened, it could very well pay for the remaining Phoenix Mechs that were not touched due to Harmony Gold's stranglehold on them. Who the hell seriously cares about "false advertising" these days anyway. We are CONSTANTLY bombarded with false advertisements in this day and age.

Think this through guys, you're denying PGI even more money that could be spent to add more mechs to, and overall improve this game.

You're kind of gullible, aren't you? :lol:

Posted Image

Also, just fyi, "those of [us] who voted no" can't change our votes once they're cast. ;)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users