Banhammer Incoming

912 replies to this topic

#141 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:12 PM

It results in high scores from what I see on the list and what I seen in game. Which is the trap I guess. Sorry to anyone that got banned that really sucks. I feel sorry for them.

#142 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:12 PM

View PostRepasy, on 27 May 2015 - 12:10 PM, said:

It will take at least three years of honest gameplay for any of them to earn my trust again.

Even if they did come back, I would never trust them. A person who would cheat is capable of any base act and incapable of being trusted.

#143 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:13 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 27 May 2015 - 12:12 PM, said:

It results in high scores from what I see on the list and what I seen in game. Which is the trap I guess. Sorry to anyone that got banned that really sucks. I feel sorry for them.

And here we go!

*bring popcorn*

#144 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Why? They earned their ban. Good riddance to these ne'er-do-wells!

#145 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

View Postlordtzar, on 27 May 2015 - 11:00 AM, said:

Clan Smoke Jaguar@smokejaguars 6m6 minutes ago
@russ_bullock @H4RDC0R3_G4M3R Anyway to post the names on the MWO site like how punkbuster has a official archive on theirs for the public?

Russ Bullock@russ_bullock 5m5 minutes ago
@smokejaguars @H4RDC0R3_G4M3R Yes look to the official posts later
3 retweets 3 favorites

This gonna be good.

It's either going to bolster the "MWO Royalty"'s epeens because they can say, "Oh I fought him and won" or it's going to be the MWO royalty. I can't wait.

#146 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:15 PM

View PostBurktross, on 27 May 2015 - 12:13 PM, said:

It's either going to bolster the "MWO Royalty"'s epeens because they can say, "Oh I fought him and won" or it's going to be the MWO royalty. I can't wait.

Um....the list is already up. In this thread even. :rolleyes:

#147 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:16 PM

And the forum population explode.

#148 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:16 PM

View PostBurktross, on 27 May 2015 - 12:13 PM, said:

See for yourself.

#149 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:17 PM

View Postmichaelius, on 27 May 2015 - 12:09 PM, said:

What king of benefit they were getting from 3rd party software ?

aimbots ?

First off, don't discuss 3rd party software here. Give the game the respect it f****** deserves, and move on.

Second, the benefits they got were enough to give them an edge, that's all. It did not assure victory, and they most assuredly still experienced defeat often enough.

Lastly, as you can see, for many of these cheaters the benefits were not worth it, as they'll be permanently losing ANY content purchased with real cash. I guarantee most cheaters have spent money on this game, as even with 3rd party hax it would take forever to work on an arsenal of mechs with only a handful of free mechbays to earn. Somewhere in the depths of 3rd party social media, there is an ever expanding river flowing with the salty tears of many battletech veterans.

#DEZGRA4LIFE

#150 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:17 PM

View PostSarlic, on 27 May 2015 - 11:28 AM, said:

So, let be honest guys.

Who's F5'ing my profile?

Sorry i could not resist a stupid joke at this level.

Good thing I don't need to worry about that.
Posted Image
Forever steering wheel underhive

#151 Khwaj

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:19 PM

Good work PGI, lets just hope this stops the use of 3rd party cheat programs

#152 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:19 PM

View Postcdlord, on 27 May 2015 - 12:16 PM, said:

Damn, no forum warrior elites, the epeen levels will be off the charts.

#153 Kristov Kerensky

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:20 PM

Why? They knew they were doing wrong and did it anyway. I've dropped with a few of the named, they never stuck out as possible hack users to me because they were just...well...average at best, usually just bad. And that's evidently while using hacks, which tells you how bad they must have really been.

I used to hunt hack users as part of my job in IT for an ISP. I did it for years for games from Quake to Battlefield 2, and there's one thing about hack users that never changes....

If they used them once, they WILL use them again if given the chance, every single time.

#154 AriCri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 104 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:20 PM

Is this the end? ... To be continued??

#155 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:24 PM

This was just one wave. There will be more they may not get the same list treatment but more will come.

Good on PGI.

#156 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:24 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 27 May 2015 - 12:12 PM, said:

Even if they did come back, I would never trust them. A person who would cheat is capable of any base act and incapable of being trusted.

Fair enough.

I believe in redemption. Such redemption comes at a steep price, of course. An equivalent exchange: If the hackers have been around cheating for the last three years in this game, then it would take three years of getting curb-stomped like a noob, fair & square, to redeem them of their shameful past.

As a veteran Clan warrior, however, they and their lineage will be considered dezgra for all eternity, and the highest rank they could EVER hope to make in my unit would be as cannon-fodder solahma foot soldiers, armed with an AK-47 & strapped with an explosive tracking device.

#157 Templar Dane

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:25 PM

I suppose you could pity them for being so **** at playing the game they needed that sort of crutch.........but nah, **** 'em.

#158 HimseIf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Visekorporal
  • 270 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:28 PM

What about people who changed the sound files to make the small laser make a 'pew' noise? Hope that's not a bannible offense as it doesn't give you any advantages.

#159 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:28 PM

View PostKristov Kerensky, on 27 May 2015 - 12:20 PM, said:

Why? They knew they were doing wrong and did it anyway. I've dropped with a few of the named, they never stuck out as possible hack users to me because they were just...well...average at best, usually just bad. And that's evidently while using hacks, which tells you how bad they must have really been.

I used to hunt hack users as part of my job in IT for an ISP. I did it for years for games from Quake to Battlefield 2, and there's one thing about hack users that never changes....

If they used them once, they WILL use them again if given the chance, every single time.

There are not any bads just inexperienced players. With Mechwarrior it takes a long time to master everything and I am still working on a few things also since closed beta. I had to rebind a few keys.
Biggest tip for good aiming playing legit is turn down mouse sensativity in game to half and go from there.

I was hoping everyone that out scored me in the Orion chassis challenge would get banned. HAHA just kidding. :lol:

Edited by Johnny Z, 27 May 2015 - 12:33 PM.

#160 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts
  • LocationI have no idea, they keep resetting CW map

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:29 PM

Couple of names spotted from list... saw the vid 'bout the cheat and I am flabbergasted. I certainly hope they have reliable means to detect it. I will not be crying for them being gone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users