912 replies to this topic

#901 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 30 May 2015 - 05:50 PM

is it possible to shot my STK-4N (full armor) when on 75%, from the side with 1 shot ?

just asking...

#902 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:59 PM

View PostKharnZor, on 30 May 2015 - 02:15 PM, said:

Nice thought or not your post could be put up as the poster child for why PGI shouldn't publish ban lists

Really? I haven't named anyone though I am sure many here know exactly who it was from past threads. Not my doing as I don't make a point of going after posters on the forums telling everyone I am Top tier while cheating. They did all this to themselves.

Hoist them on their own petard I say. Not like we can ID them in real life. It's a fictitious name we are shaming.

#903 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 12:54 AM

View PostRepasy, on 30 May 2015 - 08:37 AM, said:

LOL!!! Are you freaking kidding me??? So you're saying that when you're trying to smuggle narcotics across the border and they take you aside to check your luggage, that it's smarter to remain silent? They are checking your luggage one way or the other, and believe me they WILL find whatever you were trying to hide, whether it's pot or coke or usb drives full of whatever sick #### people like to view nowadays, and if you feigned innocence or ignorance THEY WILL COME DOWN HARDER ON YOU. How is it in your BEST INTERESTS to stay silent at that point? It doesn't matter if you stay silent all the way up to your hearing, you are being charged with a crime and going to jail. You're getting charged regardless, but if you fully cooperate they may give you a lighter sentence.

Hey, the smartest thing to do is to not 'ride dirty', isn't it? Anyone with 'common sense' knows to NOT be riding dirty or getting involved in anything illegal, and as such they have nothing they need to hide, right? If they are asked questions, they should answer immediately, truthfully, and cooperatively, because ya those people are just trying to do their job, and if you cooperate you make the process go a whole lot more smoothly. If you don't cooperate (I mean why tha #### would you not cooperate, do u have problems with authority or something bro?), they will do a full search because WHADAYAKNOW now they think you're hiding something! They are NOT out to find something to arrest you for... they don't have a 'quota' for #### like that. All they are trying to do is PROTECT THE BEST INTERESTS OF THEIR HOME AND COUNTRY BY RESTRICTING CONTRABAND & OTHER ILLEGAL ####. They ARE just doing their job. So just let them.

Back to cheating, I'm sorry to say but I have no sympathy for cheaters OR their guardians. It's pretty childish for parents to believe they don't need to take responsibility for their child's behaviour when they aren't LEGALLY adult yet. It sounds like you HAVE taken responsibility for your child, and that's good. Bhael Fire probably didn't take responsibility (or was engaged in cheating as well :rolleyes: ), and thus good riddance. I was brought up to not cheat & steal & pirate everything I want, so I guess my parents did good on passing along integrity and strong morals. If Bhael Fire IS innocent, maybe Bhael Fire's kid will feel bad now for getting her father's account banned, maybe this will teach an important lesson: When you do bad ####, the #### comes down on everyone around you.

EDIT:

Ha! or maybe she doesn't feel bad at all. MAYBE it was intentional to be caught. I still have misgivings about parents playing as much video games as their children, I don't think it passes along good behaviours. Depending on how much gaming the parent does, it's a pretty neglectful and irresponsible thing to do...

Do you specialize in law? I wasn't aware we had an attorney in this discussion that knows the ins and outs of how people should behave in a real life situation involving the law and possible convictions.

Even if you're 100% guilty, and there's piles of evidence mounted against you, you should consult with an attorney before you make any form of statement.

There's a multitude of reasons why every attorney will tell you to keep quiet when under investigation, whether you're guilty or innocent of the alleged crime. You could be 100% innocent, cooperating with the police and all, but when you tell the same statement 20 different times, it's human nature to remember things differently, and that WILL be used against you.

Tell me, exactly how much experience you've had with being investigated? I had a great situation where I was investigated last year in the military, and (knowing I was completely innocent), fully cooperated. Didn't consult an attorney, didn't remain silent, told the complete truth every time. Know what it got me? It got me an extra charge of, "False official statements (UCMJ article 107)," added to the charges I was already being investigated for. Why? Because one of my statements my timeline of events was off by 10min. I decided to shut up at that point, called a JAG attorney, who also told me to shut up at that point, and eventually they figured it out and the charges were dropped.

Get pulled over for speeding? Yeah, if you cooperate and admit you f***** up, they'll probably give you a warning, and there's no need to get all legal-ish with your rights. Get arrested, be read a list of felonies you are suspected of doing, and read your rights? Shut your f****** mouth, and call an attorney ASAP!

#904 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 04:34 AM

LOL!!! Are you freaking kidding me??? So you're saying that when you're trying to smuggle narcotics across the border and they take you aside to check your luggage, that it's smarter to remain silent? They are checking your luggage one way or the other, and believe me they WILL find whatever you were trying to hide, whether it's pot or coke or usb drives full of whatever sick #### people like to view nowadays, and if you feigned innocence or ignorance THEY WILL COME DOWN HARDER ON YOU. How is it in your BEST INTERESTS to stay silent at that point? It doesn't matter if you stay silent all the way up to your hearing, you are being charged with a crime and going to jail. You're getting charged regardless, but if you fully cooperate they may give you a lighter sentence.

Hey, the smartest thing to do is to not 'ride dirty', isn't it? Anyone with 'common sense' knows to NOT be riding dirty or getting involved in anything illegal, and as such they have nothing they need to hide, right? If they are asked questions, they should answer immediately, truthfully, and cooperatively, because ya those people are just trying to do their job, and if you cooperate you make the process go a whole lot more smoothly. If you don't cooperate (I mean why tha #### would you not cooperate, do u have problems with authority or something bro?), they will do a full search because WHADAYAKNOW now they think you're hiding something! They are NOT out to find something to arrest you for... they don't have a 'quota' for #### like that. All they are trying to do is PROTECT THE BEST INTERESTS OF THEIR HOME AND COUNTRY BY RESTRICTING CONTRABAND & OTHER ILLEGAL ####. They ARE just doing their job. So just let them.

Back to cheating, I'm sorry to say but I have no sympathy for cheaters OR their guardians. It's pretty childish for parents to believe they don't need to take responsibility for their child's behaviour when they aren't LEGALLY adult yet. It sounds like you HAVE taken responsibility for your child, and that's good. Bhael Fire probably didn't take responsibility (or was engaged in cheating as well :rolleyes: ), and thus good riddance. I was brought up to not cheat & steal & pirate everything I want, so I guess my parents did good on passing along integrity and strong morals. If Bhael Fire IS innocent, maybe Bhael Fire's kid will feel bad now for getting her father's account banned, maybe this will teach an important lesson: When you do bad ####, the #### comes down on everyone around you.

EDIT:

Ha! or maybe she doesn't feel bad at all. MAYBE it was intentional to be caught. I still have misgivings about parents playing as much video games as their children, I don't think it passes along good behaviours. Depending on how much gaming the parent does, it's a pretty neglectful and irresponsible thing to do...

Repasy, I am not sure where you are from, but there was a time in the United States that Law enforcement was labeled and called "Peace Officers" and not "Police Officers". If you don't understand the difference of the two names and what their duties are and were, really not much point trying to explain it to you. Google is your friend. To sum it up for you, Peace officers is what our "police" of today started out as, and their only duty was to "uphold the peace" among us. This was before this country decided to pass laws like prohibition in the 1920's..(we all know how well that worked out) and started on a downward spiral of so many arbitrary laws being passed that our legal system has lost all hope of being about justice... it has become a business, nothing more, nothing less.

There was a time in the United States that it was very rare for a person to "plea bargain" vs. pleading guilty or simply not guilty. Plea bargains were once not the norm, and for a good reason, people back in those days were more informed of their rights, and peace officers weren't out trying to find every little arbitrary law on the books, (and there are many now a days) to use against citizens, and make a arrest against them.

Things took a turn for the worse when this happened, because its really simple, when people plea bargain simply because its helping "grease the wheels" of the legal system, cutting back on the sentence given to them, on the majority of times being charged with trumped up charges and many stacked together to get you to plea bargain vs. fighting the charges, It makes it easier for the courts to run their new found money making "business". This also gives them even more time on their hands and ensures that more arbitrary laws will be passed to find even more things for police to arrest or fine a person on, bringing even more money into the courts pockets. If you are the type of person that believes talking to law enforcement is going to help them go "easier" on you if you are suspected in breaking one of THOUSANDS of arbitrary laws on the books, please.... talk yourself right into handcuffs, paying a ticket/fine, with the end result right into a court room to plead your case with the Judge... Oh wait, you most likely have already said enough to the investigating officer to seal your fate with your tips and great wisdom given in your reply to mine.

Fact is, regardless if one has committed a "crime" or not committed one, KEEP your mouth shut, because anything you say, can and will be used against you in a court of law. This isn't a sneaky tactic, nor does it mean one has anything to hide.... it is simply a RIGHT everyone has, pleading the 5th, which I believe states that no one has to give testimony that would incriminate ones self. When you speak to a law enforcement officer, that is in fact what you are doing, giving testimony, that will be used to build a case against you to arrest you, and then to convict you.

If we was all on a level playing ground and Police was required to tell the truth when they do a stop and talk to you, talking to them wouldn't be the worst thing... the fact is that the courts have made many rulings that police do not have to tell the truth when conducting a stop and question, and can in fact LIE to you to get you to talk to them, and they will in fact LIE to you to further their investigation. There are only several circumstances that Police are lawfully allowed to stop and question you, and in those circumstances you don't have to talk to them, other then asking one very simple question to them, "am I being detained, or am I free to be on my way sir?" The more you talk, the more chance you have of being detained, until you talk yourself into handcuffs, or the police officer decides to "let you go" because you didn't give him anything to make an arrest. If you really believe they don't have numbers to meet... well, whatever you say buddy. There has been many Police that have come forward and admitted that they do, and in many different states and departments.

Sorry to take this thread off course....but man, its no wonder things are in the shape they are now a days. :huh:

Btw... I didn't bring up Narcotics or smuggling.... you did as one example of breaking the laws. ;)

[youtube]https://youtu.be/68g76j9VBvM[\youtube]

[youtube]https://youtu.be/6wXkI4t7nuc[\youtube]

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 31 May 2015 - 04:24 PM.

#905 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:49 AM

and if you feigned innocence or ignorance THEY WILL COME DOWN HARDER ON YOU. How is it in your BEST INTERESTS to stay silent at that point? It doesn't matter if you stay silent all the way up to your hearing, you are being charged with a crime and going to jail. You're getting charged regardless, but if you fully cooperate they may give you a lighter sentence.

Its outside the scope of a game forum. But if you believe this then you should probably do some searching and reading on how to deal with being arrested/questioned and how the legal system works (or doesnt).

Not that you intend to commit any arrestable crimes, but events can happen and suddenly you find yourself on the wrong side of law enforcement and when that happens they are not on your side at all and they dont play fair.

#906 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:01 AM

View PostCementi, on 30 May 2015 - 11:18 AM, said:

Just to respond to Repassy without a wall of text quote.

The point is that the individual may have been unaware that their child was cheating till they were informed the other account was caught cheating so all accounts from this ip were banned. At that point the child in question could have admited it and very likely is being punished by the parent.

This does not make the person a bad parent, nor does a parent playing video games as much or more than a child. Everyone has hobbies and it is amazing how many idiots out there dismiss playing video games as a hobby. If the parent played lots of golf that would be fine.....but video games.....must be a bad parent *eye roll*.

To relate it to your comments of drug trafficing *eye roll*, which you seem to know alot about (then again you could be blowing smoke as I know nothing about it), what you are saying is that it is justice for a parent to be locked away because a child was caught trafficing even when it has been proved that the parent could not have known what was going on and for all intents and purposes seemed to be a good parent giving the proverbial no drugs kind of talks.

No different than a child being caught cheating at a video game with their own account and then banning the parents account along with it.

Simple question, for either of those senarios. Is that justice? Yes or no only..........there is only one answer though.

I am not 100% sure on this yet... but after reading his reply, I am starting to think he might be working as one of the not so border patrols security men set up within our country, and not at the "borders" at all. If this is the case..... it all makes sense now. :lol:

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 31 May 2015 - 10:25 AM.

#907 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 31 May 2015 - 01:53 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 27 May 2015 - 12:49 PM, said:

Players who use things like SweetFX have nothing to worry about (so long as they aren't also using a cheat tool), and we do not ban players for macro use.

That's good to hear. Even though with SweetFX you can tweak visibility a bit.

#908 GrimRiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationIf not here and not there, then where?

Posted 31 May 2015 - 08:09 PM

Speaking of cheaters I remember a month or so ago I was on forest at spawn running around at full speed doing pop shots with my ERLL+PLL in my adder and had a IS mech hitting me with 1 ac2 from his spawn and not even one of his shots missed until he killed me, I couldn't even poke out to pop him back or shoot at his buddies because he was on me mind blowingly fast. Any other time I would call that skill but this guy knew what side of the hill I was gonna pop out at before I did and he was on me like I killed his dog or something, he wasn't even shooting at my team that was popping at him. His logic-shoot at fast moving far away hard to hit light or shoot at nearby assaults and heavies blasting him in the face...hmmm. Sorry for the rant. lol

#909 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 31 May 2015 - 10:39 PM

Wow, so many walls of text! My take is:

Cheat = Banned
No Cheat = Good

#910 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 01 June 2015 - 05:48 AM

View PostMawai, on 30 May 2015 - 11:18 AM, said:

Rule #3? Russ mentioned the ban was on folks using wallhacks and aimbots ... defining those terms should be perfectly acceptable.

wallhack ... a 3rd party computer program that compromises the client to display information available on the client that is not normally available to the user

aimbot ... a 3rd party computer program that compromises the client to assist in aiming

Do these programs exist? Yes ... Russ said so ... so it must be true. He would not ban folks from playing the game over non-existent 3rd party programs.

These programs are detectable and you will be caught ... that pretty much comprises all you need to know :)

Rule #3, PGI gets to talk about whatever the f*ck they want to talk about, these are their rules.
Rule #4, We, the unwashed masses, don't get to re-interpret the rules for our own benefit.*

EDIT: *Unless I'm making a list.....

:)

Edited by cdlord, 04 June 2015 - 04:18 AM.

#911 Thomas G Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 373 posts
  • LocationNorth Germany

Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:09 AM

View PostI Make Poor Decisions, on 27 May 2015 - 07:45 PM, said:

Bhael's computer is not his daughter's computer and they have separate accounts. Bhael was banned simply because he played from the same IP.

LOL says he and sorry I just do not belive him and your just a toady for the cheaters, why do you not just quietly get the hell out of here and stop defending these low life scumbags.

#912 Water Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 04:21 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 31 May 2015 - 10:39 PM, said:

Wow, so many walls of text! My take is:

Cheat = Banned
No Cheat = Good

Seriously, no one on Earth has the free time to read 46 pages of text walls about bans.

I genuinely think it would take 8 hours a day for a few days. I got a job...

#913 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 04 June 2015 - 12:01 PM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 31 May 2015 - 01:53 PM, said:

That's good to hear. Even though with SweetFX you can tweak visibility a bit.

Gamma at most-- sweetFX just applies a blanket over the screen-- Hell, it even affects my menus and makes them nigh unreadable ~_~

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users