Mwo Dev Vlog #11

239 replies to this topic

#61 Bashfulsalamander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Locationnot looking at forums

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:22 PM

View PostGagis, on 28 May 2015 - 12:11 PM, said:

Please stop beating this dead horse in every goddamn topic. MWO devs are just as authoritative as the artist whose work you cherry-picked, and yours wasn't made for MWO. Plenty of CTF art where the ballistic is on the waist as well.

You won't get anywhere with this.

there is plenty of art because there are plenty of variants. I got mine from the master unit list, which is also the same pic for Sarna. Secondly i will get just as far as Clans that complain about OP IS mechs. i have the right to voice my opinion and dissatisfaction with the mech.

Edited by Bashfulsalamander, 28 May 2015 - 12:23 PM.

#62 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:22 PM

By the way, shout out to Lisa for doing some great cockpits and putting so much thought into a part of the game that is often overlooked. To be honest, it was only recently that I really started studying and appreciating the cockpit art in this game and noticing the big differences between Clan and IS. I've been playing since 2012, and hadn't paid that much attention untill someone made me realize there were some key differences.

Good work, Lisa!

#63 Team Chevy86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:25 PM

Hm. Seems everybody beat me to it. Tina is way too cute. Yes I may have just joined the creep squad but I'm just sayin!

Anyway, good vid and all, seemed more natural albeit a bit awkward... Nonetheless I enjoyed it and hopefully the next one isn't 4 months away.

Also. Sell me your t shirts.

#64 MrEdweird

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 273 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:25 PM

Well, I didn't see the close-up at the end and I posted before I watched the whole video, of course it's a Black Knight.

For anyone wondering, the Raven and Commando were made by Almeras.
http://mwomercs.com/...-commando-model

#65 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:28 PM

View PostEdweird, on 28 May 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

Well, I didn't see the close-up at the end and I posted before I watched the whole video, of course it's a Black Knight.

For anyone wondering, the Raven and Commando were made by Almeras.
http://mwomercs.com/...-commando-model

I was hoping for an annihilator release myself.

Then I realized I could fit 4 x AC10's on a direwolf and experience a taste of annie madness without it.

#66 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:32 PM

View PostBashfulsalamander, on 28 May 2015 - 11:49 AM, said:

Posted Image

btw i know they are not same varients above, but imagine the bottom as a 0X

Because all of them are interpretations. There is no law how the mech has to look exactly. Furthermore the artwork above is just fugly. Looks like an entire different mech compared to other variants.

#67 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:33 PM

View PostMonkeyCheese, on 28 May 2015 - 12:11 PM, said:

Is it bad that I just ignored the people and all the information and just focused on the wee wittle raven on that table?

Pitty pgi dosnt have the physical merchandising rights because I would be throwing money at these kinds of models from the ingame assets.

3D printing my friend. Some people on these very forums have already printed out plenty of the models (The Atlas is just SO GOOD, compared to the clunky ones we had before).

#68 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:37 PM

Is there a transcript up anywhere yet? Don't have time to watch the vid.

#69 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:41 PM

Yay! Great to see Tina doing a full on Dev Speak! We have the best looking CM in the world! :D

Lisa, you are my hero - those cockpits are jaw dropping! Really like your job, so thank you for all the hard work!
Hope we will cram living quarters in to IS mechs someday. I really need my coffee machine, a man can dream.. :ph34r:

​Alex, bring me MORE CRABS! I love those non-humanoid mechs - but also can't wait for Mauler. :)

And you shown that Raven on the table! It articulates! *nergasm*

Thank you all for the AWESOME game and hard work! You guys are the best! And this episode, have been waiting for it so long.

P.S. Did someone noticed Paul is a Enforcer on the Arcade Cabinet? Who could have guest it... :rolleyes:
Actually where is he? Probably doing his black magic behind the scenes, tweaking and twisting.

#70 Mhuur

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 8 posts
  • LocationDayr Khuna (Oregon, USA)

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:43 PM

This was mildly painful...
I'm not sure if this was supposed to be banter, or an actual interview. It felt very disorganized, and seemed to suffer from a lack of preparation.
It also seems Tina cares little, or knows little about the actual mechs, and the design aspects of the company, though I can't fault her entirely, as she's a community manager.

Harsh criticisms, and I apologize for that, but there is room for improvement.

Edited by Mhuur, 28 May 2015 - 12:45 PM.

#71 Asatur

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:57 PM

We can see (from left to right) elemental, aerospace pilot and mechwarrior clan phenotypes in this video. :rolleyes:

#72 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:05 PM

The format is greatly appreciated. I like the more casual and living atmosphere of the conversation that unfolded throughout the Dev Vlog.

The tease of the new pilot model without even a snippet or concept art is going to be driving me crazy for a while. I also concur that I hope we end up with a series of selectable and customizable pilots. More little vanity transactions like that for MC would be greatly appreciate for us, and I'm sure would help PGI with more avenues of revenue.

I know Tina didn't have Battletech experience before this, so it's nice to see her learning about the lore and designs as she goes. It's always pleasant seeing more people getting into Battletech. It looks like Catalyst is going to be releasing new Splatbooks to go with all the factions for Alpha Strike (the new fast-playing Battletech Tabletop game that draws from classic Battletech) . . . those might be worth a read for her when they come out.

I look forward to seeing the future episodes of the Dev Vlog. Hopefully each one in turn, through the future, is going to take a little bit of time with each department for focus.

Learning about future game modes, future mechs, future weapon systems, future equipment, and future balancing throughout the game will be greatly appreciated for future episodes.

Edited by Sereglach, 28 May 2015 - 01:07 PM.

#73 Corbenik

• The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:07 PM

awesome guys, and yay Tina :P, also that Mechwarrior Fighter arcade machine in the back is awesome! Id want that game :X Posted Image

Edited by Corbenik, 28 May 2015 - 01:10 PM.

#74 MarineTech

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:20 PM

Wait.....

Lisa was the designer for the Urbie cockpit?

Lisa WINS the interwebs.

Paul... Russ... Give Lisa a raise.

#75 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:23 PM

Is that Mechwarrior Fighter arcade machine in the background real?!

EDIT: With buttons labelled 'punch' and 'kick', I guess not :(

Edited by Appogee, 28 May 2015 - 01:34 PM.

#76 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:31 PM

View PostAppogee, on 28 May 2015 - 01:23 PM, said:

Is that Mechwarrior Fighter arcade machine in the background real?!

If it was real, I would be assaulting PGI HQ right now! :P

#77 Knight2416

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLevin, New Zealand

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:33 PM

Urbie cockpit design was prefect, can not wait for my wave 3 mechs. Alex's designs on Black Knight look great. Enjoyed the log good work

#78 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:40 PM

Thanks, that was some great insight from the (part of) the art team.

Really looking forward to seeing more of these vlogs I missed them.

#79 EAP10

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 401 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:44 PM

This was absolutely amazing! I was smiling throughout the whole thing. I really like the more informal style of vlog instead of the super duper formal ones. I am really hoping to see more of these!

(Also now I know who to thank for making all the wave 1 cockpits! I love them all)

Edited by EAP10, 28 May 2015 - 01:44 PM.

#80 corpse256

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 164 posts
  • LocationNebraska, USA

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:47 PM

Glad to see the dev logs are back guys. Liking the new format if it's easier to put together. Would like to see paul back on talking about new game design mechanics and features for the future. Can't wait for the next interview with the devs. Thanks PGI for all you do for the mechwarrior community.

Alex your designs are so much better than any others of what I have ever played with in any mechwarrior game so keep up the good work.

Lisa keep up the good work on the cockpits, my favorite is the Awesome, I just like how Feild of View is on it, very cool.

And Tina nice to finally get to see the face of our new community manager. Welcome again to the Mechwarrior community, seems you have been doing an excellent job so far so keep up the good work!!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users