We Love Your Ideas And Feedback!

146 replies to this topic

#41 plodder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 995 posts
  • Locationbetwixt the seen and heard, underneath the upperhanded, above the underhanded. Sunlit with a cloudy background.

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:16 PM

Thank you for this.
I would like to have a Class Warfare event.
Points based on drops that only include one single weight class, light, medium, heavy, and assault, with no variance regardless to mode or map including or excluding CW. I am thinking 12 heavy class mechs against 12 of the same, but I suppose you could mix it with heavies against 12 mediums, 12 lights or 12 assaults. What ya think?

Questions for you Tina in the red dress. Go Steam. Posted Image

Can the servers handle 1v1, 2v2, 4v4, etc. or free for all?

Would the volume of the same amount of players split up into smaller groups swamp them?

Can all Mechs be designated as enemy?

Is it possible a mech be Designated an enemy later/during a game after originally being designated friendly?
Could the opposite be likewise true? An enemy be converted into a friendly during a match?

If any of these are true I can imagine some interesting game tourneys.

Thanks, plodder

Edited by plodder, 16 December 2015 - 03:17 PM.

#42 Bhodi Li773

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts
  • Locationwww.PhoenixDominion.com

Posted 17 December 2015 - 12:09 AM

Call it the Havok Event.How about a randomizer that gives a temporary quirk or nerf to a single match/map . So many matches with each quirk/nerf gets you the reward for the event. "Due to volcanic activity/weather system" weapon x/all weapons generates 10 % more heatPosted Image /less heatPosted Image .Or where"Severe Electrical Storms" Alpha strikes can 't be usedPosted Image (chainfire only). "Due to heavy atmospheric conditions energy weapons/all weapons have Posted Image reduced range" - 30% range. Or "targeting systems offline" no target info on specific parts(no paper doll) just straight % on display. " Due to Solar Flare activity All ECM inoperable"Posted Image . "Due to supply line shortages -10% ammo Posted Imageor -10% armor".

Just one of these "temporary" things would dramatically change how a match would be played,tactics used and put more realism into matches instead of just the "META gameplay" we see now. All military campaigns encounter setbacks in the field .If Anyone here has ever read any battletech/mechwarrior novels/movies something always goes sidewaysPosted Image on the poor buggers . Remember Play the Game ..... Don't let the Game Play You!! O7 Mechwarriors.

#43 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:52 AM

hello.
I think that CW needs events in order to be repopulated as temporary measure.
each faction has to conquer a certain planet, if there is success, 500 MC.
Than a CORP challenge: for each game that your corp wins, each member of the corp gets 50 MC

#44 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 01:58 PM

It'd be cool to bring in some of the quick play maps to community warfare, maybe as maps with smaller objectives. kind of like capture the flag (but they're trying to download information). Attackers have to download information, then get it back to the dropship, defenders have to prevent attackers from getting information to the dropship.

Or maybe they would be small recon maps.

#45 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:44 AM

I think it'd be a great idea for Pgi to do events based on what's going on in CW. I believe this could give more meaning to fighting for planets, etc.
http://mwomercs.com/...ap-based-event/

#46 PaxMacharia

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 01:42 PM

I think I have to agree with the suggestions of my previous posters to implement cw challenges
Or some challenges that give you chasis who are not quiet as popular like the others since I never even thought about mastering the circada but since I allready got 2 for free I am thinking about buying another version, that way the diversity on the grid might increase. Have to say that since the clan mechs were released I hardly see any older mechs like the dragon commando and so on, most the time the battlefield is filled with Mad Cats (Timbers) and my nemeses OG Space Whales aka Dire Wolfs

#47 HolyPrinze

Rookie

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:11 AM

free for all light mechs only. no clan mechs

#48 Doctor Dinosaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 271 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:39 AM

It would be nice to get SOME feedback on our suggestions. A "we will consider this" would be nice, a "We have read this" would be enough for me (I reckon a "Your idea is terrible" would not be a wise move, also starting arguments would take up looooooots of time).
This forum is pretty unresponsive, regarding PGI, it's no fun at all to get involved in this.

#49 Raubwurst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:24 AM

View PostDoctor Dinosaur, on 25 February 2016 - 12:39 AM, said:

It would be nice to get SOME feedback on our suggestions. A "we will consider this" would be nice, a "We have read this" would be enough for me (I reckon a "Your idea is terrible" would not be a wise move, also starting arguments would take up looooooots of time).
This forum is pretty unresponsive, regarding PGI, it's no fun at all to get involved in this.

True. Sadly everywhere (except for the Academie section) any kind of feedback is missing. This just leads to the impression of pgi wouldn't care about ideas out of the community... (which is really sad in threads like this one or the threads where PGI asks about player feedback in general [again one exception: Alpine Spawnpoints, where Tina Benoit said, that they took the suggestions and one will be implemented])

I can totally understand, that they won't get into contact with the toxic part of the community complaining everywhere and anytime, but that is no reason to put all of us on the ignore list...

#50 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:34 PM

Ms. Benoit, are you still with us? Is this event still going to take place, or has it already died, like every other form of dev/community communication we've had since October 2011?

#51 Maglidius

Rookie

• The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 March 2016 - 06:54 PM

Greetings,

I would like to put forward a new subject hitherto for unmentioned: Premium time used as a resource to purchase mechs, MC, or Cbills. Additionally, how about mech packages sold at a reduced rate sans premium time? Or gifting premium time to unit members? Or mech packs purchaseable with premium time?

Many of us players are sitting on 250-plus days of premium time and usually pre-order fairly often, not to mention buying mastery packs. Why not open up the option to use or gift some of the excess premium time??

#52 Zephonarch II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 328 posts
  • LocationBack in the MWO and... its fun, but Nascar steamrolls still lame.

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:50 AM

How about a Weight-Class specific Event where the MM is disabled so games consist of 12V12 Light-Vs-Light games, 12V12 Meds-Vs-Meds, 12V12 Heavies-Vs-Heavies, 12V12 Assaults-Vs-Assaults lobbies?

I posted my own thread on this forum for more details.
It'd be great fun. We can have some guys run a pure Steiner Scout Lance... Brigade. 12 Atlases. Are you serious enough PGI that you can do something this awesome!?!? C'mon, PGI! Put a creative event out there. This would be awesome. ... And chaotic.

Edited by Zephonarch II, 09 March 2016 - 08:51 AM.

#53 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:15 AM

Objective
Based
Warfare

I would like to see an event that actually shows off what PGI should be entirely capable of, now. Give each team a reason -one on attack and one on defense- to move around and fight on various locations on the map other than taking someone elses base or mining resources. I gave a lot of reasons, here!

#54 SoulReaver7500

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 10:31 PM

View PostAnarcho, on 30 May 2015 - 09:04 PM, said:

MORE CW EVENTS PLEASE!

Maybe an event for conquest/assault mode? Winning teams on those circumstances get the points... Maybe it sparks the team work on pugland a little!

Who in their right mind would play those, You get 30% more C-Bills average in Skirmish.

View PostMaglidius, on 06 March 2016 - 06:54 PM, said:

Greetings,

I would like to put forward a new subject hitherto for unmentioned: Premium time used as a resource to purchase mechs, MC, or Cbills. Additionally, how about mech packages sold at a reduced rate sans premium time? Or gifting premium time to unit members? Or mech packs purchaseable with premium time?

Many of us players are sitting on 250-plus days of premium time and usually pre-order fairly often, not to mention buying mastery packs. Why not open up the option to use or gift some of the excess premium time??

I didn't realize that people actually wasted money on this game..... Until they give us back Game Mode Control, They get not 1 red cent from me for anything.

#55 bar10jim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 11:39 AM

View PostSoulReaver7500, on 17 March 2016 - 10:31 PM, said:

Until they give us back Game Mode Control, They get not 1 red cent from me for anything.

I'm with this guy.

#56 Cracko

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 03:04 PM

Well i hope that they actually read these.. There are a couple of idea's that would be fun..
maybe not completely "lore" but how about an extended pvp match.. it could be for quick
play and cw area's. Making a map with control points that need to be controlled for resources.
Multiple mech's (or mech respawn) to be used with area's for capture which offer repair and
reload supplies. Battles that can gather resources for npc reinforcements. It would be great
fun add some extra variety. Yes it is simular some other online games.. but why not.. You got
the large maps, maybe a planet like Dune with large NPC creatures to deal with..
Just a thought..

Edited by Cracko, 02 April 2016 - 03:05 PM.

#57 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 April 2016 - 12:50 AM

Probabily someone already said this but IMHO MWO really need:
1) daily missions / achievements for Quick Play AND FW;
2) more FW events like a battle for a specific planet against a Clan invasion or a leaderboard event;

#58 Thpoon

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 01:40 AM

Please do challenge components like 'collect 180 intel' to be more team oriented, ie;

Team 1 picks up 9 intel total, Team 2 picks up 6 intel total.

The 9 and 6 intel points count toward all players on their respective teams

As opposed to;

Team 1
player 1: picks up 3 intel
player 2: 0
player 3: 0
player 4: 6

Team 2
player 1: picks up 0 intel
player 2: 2
player 3: 4
player 4: 0

All the latter does is encourage players to not work as a team and farm points just to get their challenges done. The former at least promotes people to work together to get intel points. Raise the required amount of points to fulfill the achievement if needed.

Tia

Edited by Thpoon, 09 May 2016 - 01:41 AM.

#59 Ade the Rare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 186 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:31 AM

A game where teams are matched on their dps, not tonnage

Bot controlled mechs, AI diffulty based on the average tier of opposing players, instead of ghost drops in invasion matches

Assassination/Bounty missions where the team have to protect one of their own, while the enemy team win for taking them out. Perhaps a one-off payment to the person who lands the killing shot, or the person who survives after being designated the target?

#60 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:07 AM

Tina, this hasn't been stressed enough... Please get them to include an extra challenge alongside the normal set for a Personal Challenge Event, where you have to get a certain number of Spotting Assists. You could set it so 80 Spotting Assists = 1 Mech Bay as a reward. It would definitely help players start appreciating LRM assistance, instead of being nasty towards anyone using that weapon type. Further, with the 'FW, Phase 3' changes, any attempt to draw New Players in without providing enough easily achievable Mech Bays will currently fail. New Players need at least a minimum of 20 beyond the starting 4 to not be thoroughly choked into failure and leaving. They also aren't going to pay for something where they can't reasonably develop first, and not having enough self-owned Mechs in Mech Bays to develop with is a seriously crippling deal-breaker against MWO. <_<

~D. V. "Cut off the Life Blood of New Players, ever-important 'Mech Bays', and you kill MWO and your jobs at PGI." Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users