Ghr 5P More Pay To Win And Pgi Money Scam.

Store

129 replies to this topic

#61 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 03 June 2015 - 01:09 AM

TBH if the Hopper-5P had energy heat reduction it might be a bit P2W, but as it doesnt.. no.

Its good, i like it more than the other hoppers because i am a bit of a ***** for high mounted energy ports, but thats largely playstyle based. Same reason i like Banshees and Battlemasters.

#62 Duke Nedo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 01:27 AM

Woha, lots of text. What I came here to find out was where the two new torso hardpoints ended up? Anyone have a screenshot?

#63 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:04 AM

View PostDuke Nedo, on 03 June 2015 - 01:27 AM, said:

Woha, lots of text. What I came here to find out was where the two new torso hardpoints ended up? Anyone have a screenshot?

Posted Image

#64 andrewkhlim

• PipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 93 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:13 AM

Out for c-bills in future. </arguement>

#65 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:16 AM

View Postthe wr3ck, on 02 June 2015 - 04:46 PM, said:

Bishop stop being such a huge hypocrite you yourself said that the new Zeus version was going to be the best

Being the best Zeus is not the same as Pay to win wreck.

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 03 June 2015 - 02:04 AM, said:

Posted Image

5 tons and a PPC away from a Black Knight.

#66 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:40 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 03 June 2015 - 02:04 AM, said:

Posted Image

Alright look at this picture.

Here you have a Grasshopper with all its weapons in the ST's.

This means no XL engine because you will have no empty crit slots to absorb clan laser crits, or guass.

Proportionally it also has very wide ST, meaning most of the damage you carry is going to be slid off into those lasers.

Torso Lasers require 100% facetime to deliver damage, arm lasers give you a fair bit more freedom to angle off shots and redirect damage.

-- Beyond the picture, the Grasshopper line itself is easily the worst of the Resistance 1 pack. Of which none of the mechs were in the top of the rankings anyhow, but all fit somewhere in the middle of everything else. So even if this hopper ended up being slightly better (it really isn't) than the other hopper's, its only better than 3 other mechs that aren't really great to begin with and hardly P2W in any sense of the word.

Also the fact that it will be c-bill'ed in a couple months invalidates you entire P2W premise beyond the fact there isn't anything about it that makes it a T1 meta mech.

#67 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:45 AM

All 4 new mechs are nice, but they are all FAR away from the Monsters I own. No quircks like the 5SS or the Huggin.

Do us all a favour....Close this thread. It is like : WOW I saw a Lada on a picture....it looks SOO much faster than ANY Porsche.....WTF????

#68 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:51 AM

View Postthe wr3ck, on 02 June 2015 - 08:15 PM, said:

It is pay to win because they release over quirked or overpowered mechs. Early buyers get to play them. Then when they are for c bills several months later they are nerfed and the new overpowered mechs are out. Your an idiot if you can't see that. Your also throwing your money away on 120$ plus mech packs. The price points compared to other games are crazy. PGI needs to be more upfront with the mechs they plan to sell and make them all available instead of holding some for top tier purchases. I've bought phoenix all the clan packs and the first resistance pack. I don't want to hear anything about supporting then game. I'm not supporting this merry go round system they have of bait and switch with the quirks. I belive others are also tired of these tactics. It's only you fan boy brown noses that keep sucking up to them.

So, you pay PGI to win with your mech packs and then complain that a new mech is pay to win.

Any other hypocrisy you wish to put out there?

#69 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:54 AM

View Postsycocys, on 03 June 2015 - 02:40 AM, said:

This means no XL engine because you will have no empty crit slots to absorb clan laser crits, or guass.

Proportionally it also has very wide ST, meaning most of the damage you carry is going to be slid off into those lasers.

Torso Lasers require 100% facetime to deliver damage, arm lasers give you a fair bit more freedom to angle off shots and redirect damage.

-- Beyond the picture, the Grasshopper line itself is easily the worst of the Resistance 1 pack. Of which none of the mechs were in the top of the rankings anyhow, but all fit somewhere in the middle of everything else. So even if this hopper ended up being slightly better (it really isn't) than the other hopper's, its only better than 3 other mechs that aren't really great to begin with and hardly P2W in any sense of the word.

Also the fact that it will be c-bill'ed in a couple months invalidates you entire P2W premise beyond the fact there isn't anything about it that makes it a T1 meta mech.

Not that im saying its P2W, at all, but you are rather under valuing those hardpoint locations.

GHR-5P

Face time? 0.6s duration wubs say no to facetime, especially with those high mounts.

I tend to play hot mechs, so this isnt too crazy for me tbh. Still runs way cooler than the 4xERML 2xLPL Timber used to.

#70 Duke Nedo

• 2,184 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:03 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 03 June 2015 - 02:54 AM, said:

Not that im saying its P2W, at all, but you are rather under valuing those hardpoint locations.

GHR-5P

Face time? 0.6s duration wubs say no to facetime, especially with those high mounts.

I tend to play hot mechs, so this isnt too crazy for me tbh. Still runs way cooler than the 4xERML 2xLPL Timber used to.

Thanks for posting the SS! My thought exactly, 4x LPL, 3-4 JJ should be cool on that chassi... May buy 2 cbill GHs now and save a slot for the 5P.

Edited by Duke Nedo, 03 June 2015 - 03:03 AM.

#71 the wr3ck

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 04:53 AM

Pgi is clearly offering pay to win. WHY DO THE NEW CATAPHRACT, BATTLEMASTER, 4 LATEST RESISTANCE MECHS ALL COME WITH EXTRA ARMOR AND THE OLD VERSIONS DO NOT RECEIVE THE SAME BONUS? If you can't see the terrible business practices at play here please continue to be a sucker for the one percent. I am calling them out on it. There are far better business models for video games that I support that doesn't ask for an arm and a leg to get the new content.

#72 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:06 AM

When did the Grasshopper become meta?

#73 the wr3ck

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:08 AM

View Postsycocys, on 03 June 2015 - 02:40 AM, said:

You can put an xl engine in this because it has extra slots through quirks enough for 4 lpl one in center and two in one torso and one in the other. It probably could hold another lpl but I didn't test that on smurfy.

#74 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:16 AM

OP: "This lousy company is trying to make a profit! Burn them with fire!"

Me: "You do understand economics, right?"

OP: "Eco-what-now? That have to do with conservation and the environment?"

Me: "Nevermind."

Seriously though, the Grasshopper is hardly pay to win. In fact, I can't point to a single Mech in the game and accuse it of being pay to win. In that regard, PGI has done a very good job of balancing this free to play game.

The Mechs and packs to which you refer are not pay to win, but rather pay-for-early-access-and-goodies. That's all. If the GHR were pay to win, I think we'd see a lot more of them in the field. I for one have found the GHR to be an underwhelming Mech that is easily legged.

OP needs to lay off the mushrooms and come down from his "high" horse. :lol:

#75 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:22 AM

View PostElizander, on 03 June 2015 - 05:06 AM, said:

When did the Grasshopper become meta?

reality, common sense and the OP have little in common, hush, you! ;)

#76 the wr3ck

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:26 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 03 June 2015 - 05:16 AM, said:

OP: &quot;This lousy company is trying to make a profit! Burn them with fire!&quot;

Me: &quot;You do understand economics, right?&quot;

OP: &quot;Eco-what-now? That have to do with conservation and the environment?&quot;

Me: &quot;Nevermind.&quot;

Seriously though, the Grasshopper is hardly pay to win. In fact, I can't point to a single Mech in the game and accuse it of being pay to win. In that regard, PGI has done a very good job of balancing this free to play game.

The Mechs and packs to which you refer are not pay to win, but rather pay-for-early-access-and-goodies. That's all. If the GHR were pay to win, I think we'd see a lot more of them in the field. I for one have found the GHR to be an underwhelming Mech that is easily legged.

OP needs to lay off the mushrooms and come down from his &quot;high&quot; horse. :lol:
Maybe you should try to read some of the points and posts before posting.

#77 Duke Nedo

• 2,184 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:28 AM

View Postthe wr3ck, on 03 June 2015 - 04:53 AM, said:

Pgi is clearly offering pay to win. WHY DO THE NEW CATAPHRACT, BATTLEMASTER, 4 LATEST RESISTANCE MECHS ALL COME WITH EXTRA ARMOR AND THE OLD VERSIONS DO NOT RECEIVE THE SAME BONUS? If you can't see the terrible business practices at play here please continue to be a sucker for the one percent. I am calling them out on it. There are far better business models for video games that I support that doesn't ask for an arm and a leg to get the new content.

Without looking in great detail I think they are giving them armor quirks INSTEAD of powerful weapon/heat gen quirks - i.e. testing out another route of quirking IS mechs up to par. At least from memory there were no heat gen quirks on this batch.

#78 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:37 AM

View Postthe wr3ck, on 03 June 2015 - 04:53 AM, said:

Pgi is clearly offering pay to win. WHY DO THE NEW CATAPHRACT, BATTLEMASTER, 4 LATEST RESISTANCE MECHS ALL COME WITH EXTRA ARMOR AND THE OLD VERSIONS DO NOT RECEIVE THE SAME BONUS?

Because their current policy is to quirk armor instead of weapons, it avoids TimeTo Kill issues.

Other cBIll mech are better, Thunderwub for example.
How can it be P2W when years old cBill mechs which everyone has are better?

Even if it was the best Grassflopper it would be the best of a failed mediocre mech, nobody is buying this for its power, it is just a pack bonus and another collectible Pokemech.

#79 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:41 AM

View Postjoelmuzz, on 03 June 2015 - 05:37 AM, said:

Because their current policy is to quirk armor instead of weapons, it avoids TimeTo Kill issues.

Other cBIll mech are better, Thunderwub for example.
How can it be P2W when years old cBill mechs which everyone has are better?

Even if it was the best Grassflopper it would be the best of a failed mediocre mech, nobody is buying this for its power, it is just a pack bonus and another collectible Pokemech.

this, like virtually every other P2W argument in these forums is really a matter of "but I don't want to pay to have everything!!! It's unfair that there is ever exclusive content regardless of whether it's better or not!!! (And aside from a few meta shifts, the truly exclusive stuff has pretty much never been the best in game)

It's the same people who get defensive over pirating music, etc. Why should they ever have to pay anything....after all, apparently musicians, game studios etc run off rainbows and unicorn farts and don't need money......

#80 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:49 AM

View Postthe wr3ck, on 03 June 2015 - 05:26 AM, said:

Maybe you should try to read some of the points and posts before posting.

I was replying directly to your OP and am not interested in the other posts.

Upshot of it all is, your feelings are hurt and you want us all to know. I don't have much patience for griefers like you.

Edited by Nightmare1, 03 June 2015 - 05:49 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users