1522 replies to this topic

#1381 mareNight

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 18 June 2021 - 03:54 AM

I'd like to see more progression, perhaps with a class of mech (light, medium, etc.). Something to sink XP into.

#1382 Bunnybutts

Rookie

• The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 01:14 AM

a 0.5 tonne, 1 slot item that enables the individual control of the third person drone.
Would be useful for knowing when you should and shouldn't push, and if it gets destroyed you don't have third person for the rest of the game.

Realistically it's range would be kilometers but even 200 meters max movement in-game would open up a lot of ways to not take unnecessary shots to your mech.
Being able to look around or over landscape features etc.

Would be an interesting and useful tactical tool.

Edited by Bunnybutts, 24 June 2021 - 09:29 AM.

#1383 Swamp Thing

• Pip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 01:04 AM

A more granular breakdown of damage done in match results would be nice.Easy to see what is and is not landing, and would be MOST USEFUL to the newest players also (which has got to be a bonus)
Probably the only thing I miss from 'that tank game' is the damage breakdown showing which enemies you hit and what damage you did each of them.

Guess it's either an easy add, or a totally impossible add depending on how the code works Posted Image

Edited by Swamp Thing, 25 June 2021 - 01:06 AM.

#1384 Swamp Thing

• Pip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 01:10 AM

View PostBunnybutts, on 24 June 2021 - 01:14 AM, said:

a 0.5 tonne, 1 slot item that enables the individual control of the third person drone.
Would be useful for knowing when you should and shouldn't push, and if it gets destroyed you don't have third person for the rest of the game.

Realistically it's range would be kilometers but even 200 meters max movement in-game would open up a lot of ways to not take unnecessary shots to your mech.
Being able to look around or over landscape features etc.

Would be an interesting and useful tactical tool.

Would be a joy if you could turn it enough to look at your mechs front while you were setting up and/or checking weapon groups L/R high/low etc.
Trivial but nice :).

#1385 Zaner

Rookie

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2021 - 06:31 PM

I just thought of something to spice things up. It would be cool to have a different background view after logging on, like the normal menu interface background. Not that it is bad, but it would be cool to see something new and cool. Not sure how difficult something like that would be, but it would be a fun way to add some cool new things without having to put in as much as new mechs or maps. Just a thought.

Thanks.

Zaner

#1386 mareNight

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 02 July 2021 - 07:34 PM

As an alternative to testing grounds, in the mech lab I'd like to be able to test fire my weapons to see the heat generated and how it dissipates. More of a hands on approach vice doing the math.

#1387 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 03 July 2021 - 12:42 PM

View PostmareNight, on 02 July 2021 - 07:34 PM, said:

As an alternative to testing grounds, in the mech lab I'd like to be able to test fire my weapons to see the heat generated and how it dissipates. More of a hands on approach vice doing the math.

You did say as an alternative to the testing grounds, but to check that box are you aware that testing grounds can be visited without saving the mech from the mechlab, even mechs you haven't purchased yet from the Store? iirc you can do the same with Skills and consumables, by not saving the mech profile but just clicking on the Enter the Testing Grounds in the Mechlab.

#1388 Tarzan of Barsoom

• PipPipPip
  • The Deputy
  • The Deputy
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 July 2021 - 10:41 AM

I would like an option, in the mechlab, to strip all cockpit items from all mechs.

I also wonder why it isn't standard to select your mech, from your pre-chosen weight class or tonnage range, after seeing the map and mission? Team building algorithms would assign teams based on the tonnage range or weight class chosen by each player before hitting "quickplay" and then eachplayer has like 15-30 seconds to pick which mech they drop in.

or select a 3-4 mech drop deck from which you choose a single mech you will drop with after seeing the map and mode

#1389 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 25 July 2021 - 04:01 PM

My Most Wanted Features:

1. IS OmniMechs
2. The Fire Moth (Dasher)
3. New Maps
4. New Weapons - Hyper Assault Gauss Rifles (or HAGs), Clan Rotary Autocannons, X-Pulse Lasers, Multi-Missile Launchers
5. New Factions - Clan Hell's Horses, Clan Snow Raven, Taurian Concordat, Magistracy of Canopus
6. New Voices (or Dialogue) For Specific Factions to make them unique instead of being glorified faction icons
7. New Mech Chassis - Jihad Era Mechs, Star League Era Mechs, Clan IIC Refits, Unseen Mechs

#1390 CNLSanders

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2021 - 09:28 PM

Can we please eventually in the future see mwo come to console especially with the new generations the game should be able to run extremely well, I know heaps of friends who would instantly download it as well as myself and would give the game far more mainstream appeal, idk if it’s even possible but if it is it would be great to see it sometime in the future

#1391 Pharmb0y

• Pip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 August 2021 - 04:05 PM

I just want a "redeem all" button for the loot bag events Posted Image

#1392 KittyHawk Zhang

Rookie

• The Deputy
  • The Deputy
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2021 - 06:00 PM

So I've only been playing for about 2 months now, but played the Battletech boardgame and Mechwarrior RPG back in the 80's, so I'm versed in the BT universe. Now, these people have fusion reactors, warp/ftl drives, and all this advanced stuff, but don't have what most 21st C. automobiles have: a rear camera? Or, for that matter, an undernose cam or lower windows in the cockpit to be able to see the little annoying pest shooting your ankles at point blank? This is not sophisticated tech, just common sense stuff that would seem impossible for designers in the 25th C to leave out of a design for a giant killer death robot. Jus sayin....

#1393 KittyHawk Zhang

Rookie

• The Deputy
  • The Deputy
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2021 - 06:09 PM

Also, in the testing grounds, many of the maps can take several minutes to find a test mech to shoot at. In one of them, Alpine Peaks, I believe, I wandered around for 5 or 6 minutes without seeing a single target and left in annoyance.

And lastly, when selling a mech, rather than telling the player that there are cockpit items preventing the sale and forcing them to go back to the load out to unequip, just include an option to unequip all cockpit items right there in the selling popup.

#1394 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 03 August 2021 - 06:33 PM

View PostKittyHawk Zhang, on 03 August 2021 - 06:09 PM, said:

Also, in the testing grounds, many of the maps can take several minutes to find a test mech to shoot at. In one of them, Alpine Peaks, I believe, I wandered around for 5 or 6 minutes without seeing a single target and left in annoyance.

And lastly, when selling a mech, rather than telling the player that there are cockpit items preventing the sale and forcing them to go back to the load out to unequip, just include an option to unequip all cockpit items right there in the selling popup.

Oh man I've been asking for this one for years.. they've made it a mini-game trying to find mechs to shoot at in training grounds.. is it that hard to 'copy/paste' mechs every 200m or so? I can't figure out why they are so sparsely placed except to torture us. If anything.. why not have the mech re-spawn a few seconds after destruction?

#1395 Rustyplate

Rookie

• Heishi-ni
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 09:36 AM

Issued free mechs. Please make these sell able. Or at the least removable. I now have a small stable of unused mechs I can't get rid of. Load times are still silly .I wait for a match. Then wait again for everybody to say ready. Then wait for the match to load. Surely we can do away with some of that? Game balance. Lights. Either put speed regulators on them for 100kph max or ban them. I have seen time and again 2-3 lights wiping out entire blocks of teams. It is unbalancing and not a fair fight. Yea I know. A fair and balanced match Sacrilege! We can't have that in Mechwarrior! Final amusement I have over 2000 hours of game play time but I am called a rookie?

Edited by Rustyplate, 25 August 2021 - 09:37 AM.

#1396 Sir Ludwig

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 33 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 25 August 2021 - 11:31 AM

OLD Founder, still playing.

Could the animation for Clan Air Strikes/ Artillery look like Elementals running around in the area or something. It's a hope after getting the Add On.

Thanks,
SL

#1397 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 513 posts

Posted 26 August 2021 - 03:24 AM

View PostRustyplate, on 25 August 2021 - 09:36 AM, said:

Lights. Either put speed regulators on them for 100kph max or ban them. I have seen time and again 2-3 lights wiping out entire blocks of teams. It is unbalancing and not a fair fight. Yea I know. A fair and balanced match Sacrilege! We can't have that in Mechwarrior!

Because this has nothing to do with nascar, no teamplay whatsoever and leaving slow assaults behind ...

Posted Image

#1398 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,422 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 26 August 2021 - 08:46 AM

Issued free mechs. Please make these sell able. Or at the least removable. I now have a small stable of unused mechs I can't get rid of. Load times are still silly .I wait for a match. Then wait again for everybody to say ready. Then wait for the match to load. Surely we can do away with some of that? Game balance. Lights. Either put speed regulators on them for 100kph max or ban them. I have seen time and again 2-3 lights wiping out entire blocks of teams. It is unbalancing and not a fair fight. Yea I know. A fair and balanced match Sacrilege! We can't have that in Mechwarrior! Final amusement I have over 2000 hours of game play time but I am called a rookie?

A warm welcome to MWO!

"Rookie" designation is for how many postings you've made on this MWO forums, and not how many hours you've played! Do looking forward to you being promoted in this forum!

Issued free mechs. Please make these sell able. Or at the least removable. I now have a small stable of unused mechs I can't get rid of.

You can sell your standard variant mechs (also can sell Champions & Heros too--need to be careful!).
ie: [Home]>>[Inventory]>>[Battlemech]
Then highlight the mech you wish to sell, then press [Sell], select for options and sell confirmation.

Edited by w0qj, 26 August 2021 - 08:58 AM.

#1399 Chikalepa

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2021 - 01:51 PM

When will the Russian translation be in the game?

#1400 Aedryel

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 08:01 AM

Once the matchmaker assembled the teams and the countdown has begun, it would be exceedingly useful to see what armaments and utiltities (engines, sensors, AMSes, ECMs, whatever) the teammates have by hovering the mouse on their respective rigs.

That way teams with actual solo players would have a quicker way to determine whether they are equipped better for prolonged battles to opt for slowly wear down the opposing team, or it's rather gonna be mostly a short-lived knife fight with lots of AC20s and SRMs involved. Not a properly describe set of scenarios, but you get the point.

Pre-made teams mostly discuss their rigs prior to drops on Discord/TS/whatever-service-I-dont-even-know-about, thus they implicitly have an advantage over random Joes in this regard. While I'm aware the ingame mic is readily available to everyone, personally I see a near-direct correlation between mic usage occurance and the amount of people belonging to a pre-made group in the given team.

Personally I refrain from mic usage 9.5/10 of the times for the reason I'm an introvert to the extreme, BUT I do pay attention to the minimap and the discussions via the chat and mic.

My point is, assuming someone takes the role to coordinate the random Joes, it itself would be highly beneficial if at least he/she knew who fits for which role based on their gears before the drop commences.

And yes, I do know mech chassis and variants CAN BE a major giveaway, but I dare to say sometimes even IS rigs are hard to predict, let alone Omnis.

Bottom line is, if we know in advance what we HAVE, we have an easier time determining WHAT to do and HOW to do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users