1516 replies to this topic

#1421 RightHook

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 July 2022 - 06:21 AM

Give me a number for PSR!
At the end of the match I want a number that my PSR is going up or down and a breakdown as to why.
That way I can see what I need to improve on.

Also have a button that dumps that info and the team and player stats to an excel or txt file labeled by game number into a subfolder on my system. That way I can review the data for myself.

#1422 Noobistheway

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 8 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 27 July 2022 - 08:55 PM

Bring back knock down already. Add the ability to crouch. Get rid of PSR.

#1423 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 455 posts

Posted 29 July 2022 - 11:02 AM

Add a toggle (like arm lock) for heat override in game options, in addition to the in-game override we currently have.

Add a "unequip all" button in mechlab to unequip all cockpit items from all mechs.

Add a MASC toggle option so it automatically kicks in when accelerating and decelerating, and once a mech reaches its maximum normal speed, and then kicks off once you back off the throttle at all, so you can effectively use it without any extra button pushing. Still keep existing MASC controls for those who like them.

Add rear facing cameras - seriously, this should have been a no-brainer since day 1. Somebody needs to hang their head in shame on this one people.

See y'all on the battlefield.

Edited by An6ryMan69, 29 July 2022 - 11:03 AM.

#1424 Caffeine Crab

Rookie

• The Scarecrow
  • The Scarecrow
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2022 - 12:33 PM

I'd really love either some Canopus mechs like the Koschei or even better I'd love wasps as a playable mech

#1425 JumpingHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 219 posts

Posted 16 August 2022 - 06:02 AM

Please, for the love of god, add 4 vs 4 gamemode! This is insane how little one player can do in 12 vs 12 match, if you just happened to get 11 light or medium mechs and you are piloting atlas or other slow assault 'mech - thats it, gg, you wont be able to do anything. In current 12 vs 12 gamemode one player alone can do NOTHING. I recently found myself in a losing team, where i deal 1000 damage, my atlas absorbed another 1000 damage, i shot of 4 torsos of enemy mechs, but i killed no one because all enemies were in one giant group and we lost because my entire team except 2 other assault pilots had lights and mediums wandering around alone and dying. This is how luck-based current games are, there is almost nothing a lone wolf can do in current games, and especially when enemy team has a group of 4 players from same FP unit coordinating with eachother on Discord.

Please give us 4 vs 4, or at least 6 vs 6 gamemodes, it will bring back the old Mechwarrior spirit, because in such games one Atlas or other assault pilots will ACTUALLY be able to do something. There will be so much more interesting tactics to try, so much more strategic potential for smaller teams, light mechs will actually be able to serve as a SCOUTS, and not only as support mechs. There will be much higher piloting skill celling, because piloting skill will actually matter ONLY when you wont be fired upon from 12 different points around you.

For now when you queuing for quick play you just have to pray to all existing gods that you will get a good team, otherwise you just can leave match to not waste your time losing horribly just because of your team doing nothing useful and dying in sniper duels. And even if you have a group of 4 players gathered together in their heavy and assault mechs, if enemy will have a group of 6 playuers gathered together, no matter in which mechs, you wont be able to win, because if you all shoot 1 target, there will be 2 more mechs who will just kill you from behind or shoot your torsos away without any competition. And 4 vs 4 gamemode will effectively delete all team damage from at least averagely skilled teams, because when you have 4 mechs in one place it easy to find an opened space to fire in, but when there is 12 mechs crammed in one small place you will always either shoot your teammates in back with at least one of your hands or get shot in the back by one of your teammates.

It is so strange that there is no official all-time 4 vs 4 gamemods, because 4 vs 4 or 6 vs 6 already were in the game in form of events, the last event had a PERFECT 6 vs 6 games, in these 2 days of heat wave event i had best fights i have ever had in MWO, just because i ACTUALLY was able to turn the wheel of fight without relying on other 11 players' effort. Please give us official 4 vs 4 or 6 vs 6 gamemodes that we will be able to queue in just like in the current quick play, it will make game 10 times more enjoyable!

A 1 vs 1 duels will also be interesting, but the best way to play Mechwarrior from it's beginning was the Lance vs Lance fights, and for whatever reasons this iconic type of fights isn't in the game yet. Please add it!

Edited by JumpingHunter, 16 August 2022 - 06:16 AM.

#1426 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 16 August 2022 - 03:02 PM

INNER SPHERE to suck like their suppose to vs clan.

#1427 Norlin

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 24 August 2022 - 07:31 AM

We have rear view cameras in our cars today, how do the mechs of the future not have a rear view monitor? Or perhaps a monitor that shows a view of what's in front of the legs so you can have a forward view of the torso and a view from the legs. This way you can see where you're going while aiming your torso another direction?

#1428 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 25 August 2022 - 10:48 PM

View PostNorlin, on 24 August 2022 - 07:31 AM, said:

We have rear view cameras in our cars today, how do the mechs of the future not have a rear view monitor? Or perhaps a monitor that shows a view of what's in front of the legs so you can have a forward view of the torso and a view from the legs. This way you can see where you're going while aiming your torso another direction?

Reality vs Game Development Reality, really. To achieve this, the client would need to render the whole game several times, immensely bogging down the performance. It would be as if you're trying to run multiple clients at once.

#1429 Addie LD50

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 October 2022 - 02:03 PM

What's the point of an in-game leaderboard if it doesn't show how many total there are in the group I'm in? Being ranked 216 out of 15000 is a lot different than being rank 216 out of 2500. So either rank x/y display or even just a 'jump to bottom' next to the 'jump to top' button.

#1430 Negorbat

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 November 2022 - 02:38 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 25 August 2022 - 10:48 PM, said:

Reality vs Game Development Reality, really. To achieve this, the client would need to render the whole game several times, immensely bogging down the performance. It would be as if you're trying to run multiple clients at once.

game developing is such a difficult process

#1431 Snegtag

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 79 posts
  • LocationRochester NY

Posted 12 December 2022 - 03:29 PM

I'd like the grid cowardent to show with the pilot name when you key comms

#1432 GDL NukuNuku

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 December 2022 - 04:10 PM

I would like to be able to make modifications in the mechlab while the game is searching for the next match. You end up spending a lot of down time watching the searching circle twirl :)

#1433 H4RDCA5E

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 December 2022 - 08:52 PM

Severity-1;
-Changeable size, colors, style of HUD
-Telemetry. Or much, much more data from the matches in general. Shown in real time would be ideal. Armor/structure points per location, component health i have left would be crucial. Damage done shown would be crucial.
-Smokescreen, smoke grenades (as component, would be nice against snipers too)

The game is hard enough and complex by nature, constant random rotation of game modes and maps adds another layer of frustration for anyone coming from shooter games learning this one, making the whole game extremely hard to understand and get a grasp on.
I don't understand why you would shoot yourselves in the leg, leaving out on the biggest improvements requiring the smallest effort.

the rest;

-Deployable turrets
-Landmines
-Indirect fire ballistic weapons / grenades
-Remove drop animations from quick play. quick play should be quick imho, not something like waiting for a 30s animation to finish and then 90-120s marching on a barren wasteland until i meet someone
-4v4, 5v5, 6v6 + small or arena maps
-Basic ammo types like AP or HE
-Crouching

#1434 pekez

• PipPip
  • Guillotine
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 December 2022 - 09:44 AM

Headshot notification.
Headshots are already tracked so add it to the notes like "component destroyed" etc and maybe to end game screen score breakdown.
Also an easier way to check progress toward guillotine =D

#1435 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 31 December 2022 - 05:38 PM

View PostNorlin, on 24 August 2022 - 07:31 AM, said:

The neurohelmet is suppose to condense a 360 view into 180 somehow but i would think with rear mounted guns on some mechs (like the timberwolf S config.) they'd have some way to see behind

Edited by KursedVixen, 31 December 2022 - 05:38 PM.

#1436 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 13 January 2023 - 02:44 PM

more various gift packages :) especially the ones with a girl face :)

rear view camera is a good idea i thought of it too

there are many screens it would be nice if we could use it
satellite vision, rear camera etc..

#1437 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 13 January 2023 - 03:04 PM

Posted Image

I wish it was a simple UI

for example

#1438 NQ strooka_ace ZOD

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 24 posts
  • Locationgermany, bielefeld

Posted 17 January 2023 - 06:24 PM

1: I played eve ,star citizen, and elder scrolls online the last years then i came back.
Why? Cause in eve i normally had to rebuy the ships always and that was really expensive. In Star citizen you need to wait a couple of minutes to teclaim your ship and go back to fight zone it is really a waiting game and the grind is very big. Elder scrolls was the most cheating game i ve seen.
So ceats are in every game you cant avoid that.

What i want: make it like mw5 in this way: anyone can still play mwo standalone like normal but if you bought mw5 and mwo and start mwo its like the normal mwo if you start mw5 and it detects mwo there should be the normal quick play queue enabling all the goodies in mw5 and mwo this way, that we have economy and we only play cw queues , event queues are also popular ,keep them.

Another option would be to have a mechaccount on your server make mw5 12vs12 or more and transfer your complete account to mw5 . Pve money from mw5 could be used for normal repair costs when you spend all your money this way ,beginners could train before dropping with ai.

This way, players can adopt the new game without loosing all theor goodies and mechs.

-The incursion air control tower should be changed to spawn tanks and vtols while tower is active.

Gauss shouldnt be changed in mw5 or later.
-destructible ground terrain like craters
-when a mech looses its shoulder it should be ripped out of the mech and lay on ground behind the mech or make it look like broken
-arms etc laying on ground shoulnt dissappear.
-make another option on matchmaker vote for playing random generated maps when you installed both games.
-playing with more than 12 vs 12 maybe 20 vs 20 or 30vs30? Maybe begin with 8vs8 and add an option to add more players which drop in maybe after you enabled the air control tower to a certain maximum number of players.
-add on map an option to deligate the pve stuff for the commander
-etc,etc, many good ideas in this thread

Edit: A underwaterworld maybe?

Edited by strooka_ace, 17 January 2023 - 06:28 PM.

#1439 NQ strooka_ace ZOD

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 06:52 PM

Please give us 4 vs 4, or at least 6 vs 6 gamemodes, it

We had already 4vs4, it was fun but i after a while, it was boring check mw5

#1440 NQ strooka_ace ZOD

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 08:05 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 03 August 2021 - 06:33 PM, said:

Oh man I've been asking for this one for years.. they've made it a mini-game trying to find mechs to shoot at in training grounds.. is it that hard to 'copy/paste' mechs every 200m or so? I can't figure out why they are so sparsely placed except to torture us. If anything.. why not have the mech re-spawn a few seconds after destruction?

Just take the first map,i think its forest colony, whek u start left side is a mech then behind it 700 m then there are 2 more machs when you go to the other side on the beach, god why just select always the same map and remember where they are.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users