#961 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:19 PM

Isn't this thread pointless?

The #1 requested feature of all time was a "remove all module button" something we never received.
The ability to save loadouts has been requested (even talked about by devs) since closed beta...
Passive sensors has been on player radar for a long time...
Collisions were "promise"ed to be restored and that was years ago.
The ability to change ammo types and get rid of the placeholder clan ACs is one I see brought up frequently

If the "most wanted features" are ignored by PGI, what is the point?

#962 JRcam4643

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:18 AM

After battle report improvements.

It would be really good to be able to see how much damage each weapon type did after a battle and at what range. If this info was made available I think it would provide a wealth of knowledge to players about how effective they are with each weapon type and also their play style.

This would almost require that the after battle reports be made available from the mech bay to able to properly analyze the information without the time limit as it currently stands.

I already posted a separate thread here in feature suggestions I hope to see this idea get support.

#963 ObitoUchiha61

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:38 PM

I would really appriciate it if your stats in events updated real time on the MWO website.
This would make it a lot easier to check progress or see if certain things are working in the event.

#964 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 09:25 PM

I'm onboard with the salvage and economy. The infastructure is in the game at a basic level. It could be added after the Civil war stuff.

simply add drops or random items after battle. Maybe make it based on equipment. The enemy equipment is scanned and a random item give randomly to players on the winning side. This give more income and incentives to win over other things. nothing else in the game changes. The item drops can also be only from real enemy equipment loss. Say a ST is dropped and it can be recovered by the winner. Maybe epuipment destruction leaves behind parts.

This can also be done in several ways. Items can be usable(whole), grey(repairable), white(unrepariable/junk). These can be given out with more various things controling item drop quaulity. Junk being best for selling and the others based on prefrence. Weapon destruction drops could only be white or grey.

Also, CW, if it still has people using 4 mechs each could drop greater ammounts of items from a simple logical premise. More mechs being destroyed.

It can all use a system using actual in game realities for items. How the mechs were destroyed and how many of them were etc. Or it could use random values. Real items based on enemy mechs would be nicer though. Then fighting more expensive equipment gives more to the winning players. It sort of balances out.

Mechs or mech parts could be thrown in so people can clowly get mech parts and repair them to get mech with less cbills. Although it should cost money to repair. But it can follow the same logic as the item quality above. But possibly you collect the sections like ST/ARM/CT/LEG based on the actaul combat. And you only get parts blow off the enemy mechs and of that mech type. The same for an individual getting back a part of their mech. Loss is assumed to be retreat. So winners get their stuff back and reduce damages/loss. Your own parts would not be used to make a new mech. Unless they want to do that. But you can have added repair costs from winning etc. Or assume you lost your arm realisticly when you lost your arm and bought a new one. This could allow the use of grey and normal items to reduce repair costs after battle. You would literally have to back and check your mech and repair lost items. Or allow an auto setting otherwise.

This then gets to more indepth repairs. This can obviously be added or leave it at cost recovery.

If a ST or arm drops this lets whole usable items drop. And the equipment would only be of faction in question. So QP can produce anything and CW would produce other faction stuff.

Edited by Arugela, 29 May 2017 - 09:29 PM.

#965 Mauipigen

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:17 AM

The thing I want the most in MWO, is for the interface to not lock up when queueing for battle.

Why can't I look around the store or plan the setup of one of my other mechs in the meantime?? It's silly...

#966 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 30 May 2017 - 04:04 PM

One thing we would all really like is a user-friendly friends list that displays people's unit tags and gives us the ability to create groups to put people into and have the ability to sort and search.

Anything else we would like to see with this guys?

#967 fuzzylogic01

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 25 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:30 PM

create and save loadouts for owned mech variants. (maybe 3 per mech)
loadout selectable at match load in once you see match type and map. (in dropship)

reasoning examples:
1. you wouldn't bring a 12 er medium laser Nova to Terra Therma
2. you wouldn't bring all SRMs, small lasers and MGs to Polar Highlands

#968 Rykros Dakkar

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:46 PM

Here's one that should be beneficial for PGI and Mech Pilots: Voice over packs. Would be nice to have them faction-specific. Just use MC to buy them, equip them on a mech like a warhorn, and Bob's your uncle! A way to change up hearing the same person every match while making some money for PGI to support the game.

For example, not the B*tchin' Betty voice over. The ones that say "Kappa has fallen!" and "Enemies at 25 percent!" That voice over.

Edited by Rykros Dakkar, 31 May 2017 - 06:47 PM.

#969 Katastrophy Kid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 123 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:06 PM

What about this new game mode?

Ultimate Conquest!!!

Matches on a maps twice the size of Polar with Opposing Bases that have Hangers as re-spawn points instead of dropships. The match doesn't end until you destroy the opposing team's base or every mech in your drop deck is destroyed. Increase the number of mechs in the drop decks to 6, 8, 10, 12, even 24! Add resource points with a set amount of c-bills that can be earned from them (in other words, they can be sucked dry,) and scatter them around the map so we can fight over the loot before wrecking each others faces and bases. Fighting over resource points in the current conquest mode is only about a win condition. Throwing a finite amount of c-bills in the mix makes capturing points and gathering resources more meaningful. And makes me more likely to add Capture Accelerator to my Pirate's Bane.

#970 Brom96

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 213 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 02:51 PM

May I add small cosmetic change? It would be nice to be able to change at least the colour, if not the shape of aiming reticule, so it would be easier to track. Not to mention that I could change these features in the fps games 25 years ago.

#971 Fireeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 416 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:48 PM

stop counting as friendly fire when someone runs into the lrms you fired at an enemy!

#972 Mechaholics Anonymous

• PipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMechsico, Amechrica, JahMecha, Mechssachusetts, New BrunsMech, Mechxas, Mechtropolis, A..MARIKa

Posted 12 June 2017 - 04:14 AM

Purchased Premium Time, and awarded Premium Time should be treated differently. Purchased PT, should only tick away while in battle, not in mech lab, not offline. Awarded PT, should tick away upon redemption, in mech lab or offline. If a person pays for 24 hours Premium Time with cash, they should be able to use 24 hrs. of Premium Time. Between work (8hrs), and sleep (8hrs), leaving 8hrs. of PT. still ticking away. If you have family, friends, chores, life responsibilities, good luck getting your money's worth. PGI gets money from people for 24hrs. of Premium Time, paying players can only use 8hrs. or less. Times that by the week, month, year.

Awarded Premium Time, from contests or promos. should tick away constantly, once redeemed until expired.

I consider Premium Time when purchasing Mech Packs. I liked having banked Pemium Time with the early adopter program, but I do not like activating 30 days at a time. I activated 30 days of PT and only used 2 days of actual play time. Not worth the investment. If I activated 30 days of PT, and the clocked only ticked down while I was in battle there would be no problem.
P.S. Why did you change banked Premium Time, to activated Premium Time with the Civil War early adopters program?

I see the statistics you keep on every pilot, every laser and bullet shot, every LRM, SRM launched, how many hits and misses, how many times we played each map, how many wins/losses for each map and mech. etc.. etc... etc... So you can tell when we are in battle, and when to use our paid Premium Time.

#973 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 05:08 AM

View PostKusunoki Masashige, on 23 May 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

Remove skill tree and revert back to old system.
New consumable OP

Some of us quite like the trees, not that there isn't room for improvement: Saving tree templates (I use basically the same agility tree nodes for almost all mechs of the same weight class for example) or auto pathing in the tree so that if you click a node deep in the tree it selects a path from your nearest purchased node to it in the tree automatically.

Edited by Digital_Angel, 12 June 2017 - 05:09 AM.

#974 Vidarion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:41 AM

• Access to more statistics. The EoA report has dozens of different bits of information that aren't available in our profile stats. (assists, kmdds, components destroyed, etc). We know that these things are tracked for long periods of time as they are used for events and achievements. Additionally, seeing things like 'light mechs killed', 'medium mechs killed', etc would be great.
  • Better access to statistics. Having to click through multiple pages of different statistics is a hassle. Why not have a link in the profile to download statistics and have it retrieve all pages into a CSV file that we could then import into our own tools?
  • Access to actual match statistics. Being able to download your match history with all the stats (above) for each match would be great, along with PSR changes, so you would be able to see things like "Oh, I was getting better and better here, but then damn, I moved up a tier and now I suck again. Need to keep playing and get better again." This would also allow a player to filter their stats and get different views into how they're performing: "6 months ago I was performing like this", "3 months ago I was performing like that", "now I'm performing like so"

#975 MechTech Dragoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 308 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 06:43 PM

https://mwomercs.com...85#entry5751085

Flamer visual rework, please :(
Someone posted a video of an actual plasma flame on the forum post above that accurately represents sort of what it should look like.

I miss using flamers so much, but just cant stomach using them with the current graphic, honestly its upsetting.
Once upon a time they were one of my favorite weapons to use in the game for brawling.

People have been complaining about flashlight flamers for months PGI, please do something for the visuals.

Thanks!

#976 Rusharn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 224 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:11 AM

A detailed end of round damage report that shows where you were hit by what weapons and whether it was friendly fire or enemy fire.

#977 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:32 AM

Maybe some HUD screen icons that remind you what you put on the mech (seismic sensors, ECM %, radar dep %, etc).

#978 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:15 AM

team damage delay at start of rounds

lower the wait time from 85 seconds to like 45 or even 30.

#979 Hellfire302

Rookie

• Moderate Giver
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 11:13 PM

I for one would really like to be able to do something while matchmaking. Faction matchmaking can take a long time and all we do is stare at a searching screen with a spinning circle. I wouldn't mind being able to be in the mech-lab with a mech other than my first drop mech. When a match is found we go into a lobby where we could potentially wait another 10 minutes. That is plenty of time to decide to save changes or scrap them in time for the match. especially if we are notified by the timer displayed somewhere on the screen. Any other thoughts?

#980 Doctor Dinosaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 271 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:10 AM

Another death from above suggestion, hopefully with a mechanic which is implementable: https://mwomercs.com...stwith-a-twist/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users