Ghr 5P More Pay To Win And Pgi Money Scam.

Store

129 replies to this topic

#1 the wr3ck

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:07 PM

Pgi continues to screw even paying customers. This newest grasshopper is 10 times better than the rest. It's the only one with complete extra armor on all parts and also has the best laser quirks with 10 percent less laser duration. PGI continues to sell players mech packs while holding the best version back to make players pay even more after they buy a package. Several other examples are the timberwolf with high laser mounts, energy dire wolf with jumpjets, or ecm cataphract. I would think most players with a brain are getting tired of this business practice. I'm pretty sure the new grasshopper will be nerfed as soon as pgi want players to buy a new mech pack. I am done supporting this business practice. I've been done since the timber energy shoulder release and nerf,even though I didn't buy that. I haven't bought any resistance 2 mechs either. Only reason I didn't cancel clan 3 was because of the shadowcat.

#2 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:10 PM

lol wut?

TBR -A with crazy neg quirks and the chassis nerfs to the TBR in general makes it P2W?

If you wait a few weeks you can pay Cbills2W......... :huh:

BTW i think you need to take a look at the GHR quirks again.

Edited by DarthRevis, 02 June 2015 - 04:11 PM.

#3 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:12 PM

lol

I has no weapons on the arms so you have to face a man constantly to hit them

In that mech, with that CT

P2W it is not!

You buy one, and then report to us on your never ending stream of extreme victories

Edited by cSand, 02 June 2015 - 04:13 PM.

#4 Tiamat of the Sea

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:13 PM

This is some pretty absurd QQ. The GHR-5P has no more energy mounts than the other missile-less Grasshopper, and trades in the arm mounts for side torso mounts- which makes it harder to mount enough heat sinks in safe locations, something that gets really important with that many energy hardpoints and no heat quirks. Also makes it impossible to shoot the same vertical or horizontal range.

Edited by Quickdraw Crobat, 02 June 2015 - 04:13 PM.

#5 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:18 PM

smh.....

should have just titled this "All the other nonsense QQ threads are already started, here's mine."

#6 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:19 PM

The people on this forum will never agree about whether P2W is the same as 'early access'. "Just a few more weeks" and "Just a few more months" and we'll all have the same mechs. Except there might be a new mech pack and some new variants at that time, for the people who are willing to pay. But just "a few more weeks" and "just a few more months" and we'll all have access those as well. ;)

But before we discuss the question of whether it's P2W, I do agree with DarthRevis that we need to have a look at the quirks. There have been many IS variants lately that sacrifice weapon quirks for armor and structure quirks. I do wonder if PGI is doing a bit of testing.

The GHR-P has 7 energy hardpoints in the torso and 1 in the arm. This is ideal for the current laservomit meta, and it also has considerable bonus armour and structure quirk. The 5% range bonus may as well not exist though. Just looking at the numbers, I'm not sure if the extra armour and structure makes up for the lack of firepower in the current meta. It's a bit early to say whether it's better than other Grasshoppers, in my mind.

#7 the wr3ck

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:20 PM

Maybe you guys don't know how to play but you want high energy mounts. The low waisted mounts on the other grasshopper s suck

#8 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:22 PM

View PostcSand, on 02 June 2015 - 04:12 PM, said:

lol

It does, however, have 120 degree torso twist. More than the Orion, more than the Cataphract, more than the Thunderbolt, more than the Jagermec... in short, more than any other IS heavy mech except the LRM catapults.

Having arms without weapons for absorbing damage is quite alright in the current meta. Which is why the Banshee is fairly popular.

#9 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:22 PM

View Postthe wr3ck, on 02 June 2015 - 04:20 PM, said:

Maybe you guys don't know how to play but you want high energy mounts. The low waisted mounts on the other grasshopper s suck

Lol... The irony.

#10 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:24 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 02 June 2015 - 04:22 PM, said:

It does, however, have 120 degree torso twist. More than the Orion, more than the Cataphract, more than the Thunderbolt, more than the Jagermec... in short, more than any other IS heavy mech except the LRM catapults.

Having arms without weapons for absorbing damage is quite alright in the current meta. Which is why the Banshee is fairly popular.

Well the other GHRs do too, you can almost look behind you

even so you still gotta look right at someone to hit em. And that CT just crumbles

#11 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:27 PM

View PostcSand, on 02 June 2015 - 04:12 PM, said:

lol

In that mech, with that CT

P2W it is not!

You buy one, and then report to us on your never ending stream of extreme victories

With all of the really strong mechs out there, I don't think I'd call this GRH pay to win.

However, PGI very clearly saved the most optimized chassis for the Gift Store and did not put it into the pack that people pre-ordered.

This isn't the first time they've done this either.

TBR-A, DWF-S, WHK-C, etc.

You might think it not having arm mounts is some kind of a detriment, but every play that plays metabuilds sees purely ablaitive arms that you can shave for extra tonnage - and a CT you can better conceal while you poke with 4 or 5 high energy mounts.

The sky isn't falling, but this isn't a coincidence either.

#12 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts

View PostcSand, on 02 June 2015 - 04:24 PM, said:

even so you still gotta look right at someone to hit em. And that CT just crumbles

I've never played the Grasshoppers, so I'm no expert. I only know from experience that looking them straight in the eye when they're charging 7-8 medium lasers or MPLs is a rather uncomfortable experience.

If their great weakness is the vulnerable CT, then it's not so far fetched to think that the OP has a point. The best GHR may be the one with the biggest armour and structure buffs?

#13 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

View PostcSand, on 02 June 2015 - 04:24 PM, said:

Orion's also can pack some pp-fld to compensate for the CT some. And Banshees have better armor and hotboxes.

#14 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:28 PM

OP, the more you cry "wolf" the less meaningful your cries become, until nobody listens to you even when you speak the truth.

Lack of heat quirks and lack of arm weapons are pretty decisive for not being OP.

#15 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:31 PM

Laserboat without heat quirks and no overquirks like a few other mechs? Not OP.

#16 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:31 PM

View PostUltimatum X, on 02 June 2015 - 04:27 PM, said:

With all of the really strong mechs out there, I don't think I'd call this GRH pay to win.

However, PGI very clearly saved the most optimized chassis for the Gift Store and did not put it into the pack that people pre-ordered.

This isn't the first time they've done this either.

TBR-A, DWF-S, WHK-C, etc.

You might think it not having arm mounts is some kind of a detriment, but every play that plays metabuilds sees purely ablaitive arms that you can shave for extra tonnage - and a CT you can better conceal while you poke with 4 or 5 high energy mounts.

The sky isn't falling, but this isn't a coincidence either.

Cuz DAT Panther and Enforcer are clearly superior to the previous versions........ Right?

Seems to poke some holes in the conspiracy, to me. As do more than half the clan reinforcements. A handful of "better" options are kind of expected.

#17 the wr3ck

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:46 PM

Bishop stop being such a huge hypocrite you yourself said that the new Zeus version was going to be the best

#18 Chuck Jager

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:48 PM

If the mech is less than $25 dollars, please remind me how much minimum wage is again and what a gaming computer cost.

Everything has value and a price. A couple of hours at a cheap wage or waiting a couple of months for many hours to earn play money seems very fair. You either are willing to pay the man or please be quiet.

#19 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:48 PM

There is no energy heat generation quirk though, that is really nice on the other ones.

#20 the wr3ck

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:53 PM

View PostChuck YeaGurr, on 02 June 2015 - 04:48 PM, said:

If the mech is less than $25 dollars, please remind me how much minimum wage is again and what a gaming computer cost.

Your and idiot and an idiot and his money are soon parted. You must be part of the 1 percent problem in this country. I've paid more than enough on this game and will do so no more because of bad business.
Everything has value and a price. A couple of hours at a cheap wage or waiting a couple of months for many hours to earn play money seems very fair. You either are willing to pay the man or please be quiet.

Edited by the wr3ck, 02 June 2015 - 05:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users