Executioner And Ebon Jaguar Countdown: 0 Days Left!

717 replies to this topic

#341 Sky Ferrix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 137 posts
  • LocationNorth Augusta, SC

Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:15 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 11 June 2015 - 08:09 PM, said:

Look at the video again, and you will see that the orange part I pointed out is indeed parts of the backpack, not the torso. The actual front part of the Executioner's torso is deceptively slim.

I see what you mean now. Honestly, it looks to me like they kept some of the bulk of the original version's torso and just set it a little further back so it looks slimmer. I dunno, I'm fairly confident it'll be marked as frontal, but I guess we'll see.

...Also, looking at the older design, not sure how torso twisting would've worked out. One of those times when it's clear that artists are not engineers.
Posted Image

Edited by Foxx, 11 June 2015 - 08:22 PM.

#342 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:23 PM

PGI, may i ask you to take screenshots of your mechs on a stock FOV settings and from normal angles. Or just stop the individual taking them and send him to Lordred for a quick crash course...
or better yet, have lordred provide screenshots for you.

#343 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:42 PM

View PostMardek, on 11 June 2015 - 03:37 AM, said:

my only concern on the EJ is that probably will suffer fom a Victor syndrome with those arms =P

What? victors have problems with arms?

#344 Corbenik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:45 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 11 June 2015 - 02:19 PM, said:

Hey hey hey, don't go tweaking my infoI!
Everyone's gonna take it as a promise and then what happens if it doesn't happen?

But surprises are fun, so I won't tell you what's tomorrow until tomorrow arrives!

But we want to know yesterday!

#345 Syndrome Stoned

• PipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:17 PM

So if I have done my math correctly the EBJ has 30 tons of pod space with its normal stock armor tho I'm not sure how much armor it's missing with its stock values

#346 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:53 PM

View PostSyndrome Stoned, on 11 June 2015 - 10:17 PM, said:

So if I have done my math correctly the EBJ has 30 tons of pod space with its normal stock armor tho I'm not sure how much armor it's missing with its stock values

It has about 28.5 tons at completely full armour. You can strip the left arm and a bit from LT to get 30 tons for 2xGauss (RT and RA) and 6 tons of ammo.

#347 Lsq78

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:53 PM

View PostSyndrome Stoned, on 11 June 2015 - 10:17 PM, said:

About a ton and a half.

#348 Dekontoroga

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 137 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:05 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 11 June 2015 - 05:18 PM, said:

Russ Bullock:
"Although we may raise the stance on the EJ some as well"

https://twitter.com/...166941429723136

Russ Bullock? I guess i will speak with all Wave 3 Owners here that this intention from you is denied by us. Keep it as it is, you made an excellent work there with your Art and Modelling Team. You can be proud of yourself to make a classic Battletech Mech even better then the Original > http://www.sarna.net...auldronborn.jpg . So dont ruin this moment for us please, we like it as it is already.

#349 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:55 AM

View PostZelthar the mecha wizard, on 11 June 2015 - 05:10 PM, said:

I have one question; why wasn't the Ebon Jaguar size compared to 65 ton IS mechs?

Because the Ebon Jaguar was infamous for having a low profile and that it would be shorter then most 60 and 65 ton mechs out there.

#350 signal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 02:48 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 12 June 2015 - 12:55 AM, said:

Because the Ebon Jaguar was infamous for having a low profile and that it would be shorter then most 60 and 65 ton mechs out there.

I think its biggest mech to compare to is the Mad Dog. Both have a similar tonnage profile, both are direct competitors to the Timber Wolf. But, if we deploy the fancy bullet points, we see a few interesting (fluff) facts (warning, the following is **** most people probably already know):
  • The Cauldron Born was known for having an incredibly low profile for its weight class, making it a dangerous mech to fight
  • It was also known for being really simple to repair and maintain, due to having simple construction and wiring, compare the historically legendary Spitfire to the lesser known but superior performing Hurricane
  • The Mad Dog was so closely following the Timber Wolf in engineering that it literally used the same legs
  • It was meant to compete with the Timber Wolf, and became used widespread by the clans, mostly ghost bear I think
  • The Mad Dog was also made by CSJ, so why did they make the Cauldron Born if they already have a competitive chassis?
  • Because the Mad Dog is 86 years older than the Cauldron Born, which was clearly a modern design
  • In fact, in the current MWO timeline, the Cauldron born design is 3 years old
  • Considering how modern it is in the lore, it makes sense that is has a lower profile yet is five tons heavier (the A-10 Warthog is an old design that cannot carry as big a payload as modern fighter jets that are smaller, for example)
Now I shall stop swinging my nerd ***** around, because none of this really matters to the game that much. In game we simply have a mech that sits very low, but presents a massive target to LRM's as a tradeoffs, and is a very "dense" mech over all, bringin new gameplay options to both whoever pilots it, as well as people fighting against it. also PGI pls don't make it higher, it probably wouldn't even be that bad but I like it better this way.

#351 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 04:04 AM

I can't wait to see what the inside of the EbJag looks like... It promises to have one of the most interesting cockpit glasses in the game...

#352 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 June 2015 - 04:55 AM

View PostFrost Lord, on 11 June 2015 - 05:16 PM, said:

there's hope for the grasshopper then.

Actually, the Grasshopper is supposed to be that tall. I was surprised at its height myself, but one of the lore buffs reminded me of how extraordinarily tall it was supposed to be, and they were right.

#353 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 June 2015 - 05:02 AM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 11 June 2015 - 08:04 PM, said:

Part of the thing with the Nova's size is.... They had to fudge the mech a LOT. The Nova isn't supposed to have torso twist. The legs join the torso in literally the same place the arms do.

Would you give up the ability to turn your torso for a smaller mech?

In a heartbeat. It's the only thing holding me back from actually buying the Nova chassis - they ruined the model and gave it a flipping pelvis. Eeek it's ugly.

Nova: Posted Image

MWO Nova: Posted Image

Supernova: Posted Image

The last two look like the same mech. The first one looks like a Nova.

#354 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 05:10 AM

View PostTarogato, on 12 June 2015 - 05:02 AM, said:

In a heartbeat. It's the only thing holding me back from actually buying the Nova chassis - they ruined the model and gave it a flipping pelvis. Eeek it's ugly.

The last two look like the same mech. The first one looks like a Nova.

To be fair... The Nova is still an amazing mech. It is the only currently released clan mech I unabashedly love. The prime, with 10 SPLs, and 4MGs is a terrifying mech. If you can sneak behind a dire wolf, you will drop it long before it can turn around.

#355 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 12 June 2015 - 05:12 AM

The Nova, Locust, Jenner, and cicada really needed a torso to actually do anything in this game. In TT you had the turn phase and can turn and jumpjet nad do all sort of things to make up for the fact you can only aim forward.

in MW: O the enemy will not simply stay there and wait for you to turn and fire without firing back and taking advantage of you...

there was going to be a pelvis either way.

#356 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,679 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 12 June 2015 - 05:32 AM

View Postsignal, on 12 June 2015 - 02:48 AM, said:

• It was meant to compete with the Timber Wolf, and became used widespread by the clans, mostly ghost bear I think

Actually, The Smoke Jags had the majority of them. Invasion Clans would have about 2 - 15% of it's production. Clan Diamond Shark sought and won a limited production through Trials of Possession. Clan Wolf and Wolf in Exile did not have as many as the rest of the Clans. Among the Home World Clans, only Clan Goliath Scorpion carried the Lion's share through trade with the Smoke Jags. Clan Blood Spirit the second largest.

The Home World Clans would later gain more after the Trial of Annihilation was complete by Serpent and Bulldog units of the re-vamped Star League Defense Forces under the command of Victor Ian Steiner-Davion.

#357 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 05:53 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 11 June 2015 - 07:53 PM, said:

I hope instead of just being an 'option' so to say it is actually letting you use the mechs you own but they are stock at the time.
I know some people out there who do stock mech monday and got 40 mech bays of mechs that are stock, but personally It would be better if they let you use your mech that turned stock for that private match.

I also want to see a stock based event every month or so. Participating = minor reward, Doing well = larger ones
It supposedly will be an option, in Private Matches (so requiring 1-2 person(s) with premium time), that will revert all mechs in the match to stock loadout, and possibly disable quirks (and skills) when they drop.

#358 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 12 June 2015 - 06:05 AM

View PostOvion, on 12 June 2015 - 05:53 AM, said:

It supposedly will be an option, in Private Matches (so requiring 1-2 person(s) with premium time), that will revert all mechs in the match to stock loadout, and possibly disable quirks (and skills) when they drop.

I am not to sure about the quirks part and some skills...

Some skills (ie speed tweak) gets the mech to it's full speed (at least for MW: O engine rules) and not just "+10%" the already 100%.

And for quirks... well vindicator and a bunch of other mechs in MW: O had "lore quirks" things like vindicator PPC quirk (in the form of colder ppc arm) and highlander with reinforced legs and cockpit areas.

#359 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 06:11 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 12 June 2015 - 06:05 AM, said:

I am not to sure about the quirks part and some skills...

Some skills (ie speed tweak) gets the mech to it's full speed (at least for MW: O engine rules) and not just "+10%" the already 100%.

And for quirks... well vindicator and a bunch of other mechs in MW: O had "lore quirks" things like vindicator PPC quirk (in the form of colder ppc arm) and highlander with reinforced legs and cockpit areas.
Stock is balanced by other things, quirks make certain mechs significantly better than they possibly should be.

Speed Tweak is additional to stock speed.
All quirks are over-stock, not a huge thing though, so it's a maybe really.
But I personally think, for the stockest experience, it should turn off skills.
And for me, that means I sacrifice 40kph on my locusts from normal, and 12 for the stock matches. It makes a fair difference.

Edited by Ovion, 12 June 2015 - 06:12 AM.

#360 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 June 2015 - 07:08 AM

I don't like the look of the Executioner - very long legs and short torso !
But I think it will be a great mech.

We will see it next week.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users