Executioner And Ebon Jaguar Countdown: 0 Days Left!

717 replies to this topic

#381 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,549 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:53 AM

M.A.S.C. looks great for a start point. Obviously balance numbers on it for things like recharge time, use time, leg damage, whatever are pending live implementation, but overall? Looks pretty durn slick. I really enjoy the SFX for using it, and the accel/decel advantages give M.A.S.C. a great deal of utility for mobility-focused designs. it really does increase a 'Mech's mobility and not just its footspeed, which is awesome.

Looks like the Executioner, in the hands of someone who can learn to really wrestle every inch from the new equipment, is going to be far more of a ballerina than the poor old Victor ever was. I am very much looking forward to teaching myself how to abuse the new equipment. Tuesday cannot come fast enough. CURSE YOU WORK.

#382 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:58 AM

I'm just salivating at the thought of this: If the 95 ton Executioner can accelerate and change direction that fast with MASC, just imagine the 45 ton Shadow Cat.

:D

#383 Lsq78

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:03 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 12 June 2015 - 10:58 AM, said:

I'm just salivating at the thought of this: If the 95 ton Executioner can accelerate and change direction that fast with MASC, just imagine the 45 ton Shadow Cat.

:D

It will sh*t on many lights in the agility department with MASC activated, methinks...

#384 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:09 AM

Special Geometry... first destroyed alex masterwork EBJ and now this: (the video is using a very unhealthy FOV btw)

Posted Image

Edited by Navid A1, 12 June 2015 - 11:13 AM.

#385 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:19 AM

Well, I was hoping we'd get a little more run time with MASC before overheat... Maybe it will vary with mech tonnage, but it certainly looks good enough :3

I'd hope we get some MASC modules at some point, maybe boosting top speed, rate of cool, or time to overheat... Or maybe this would be in the skill tree in future revamps...

Still, lookin' pretty sweet n.n Can't wait for my Shadow Cat!

#386 Lsq78

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:20 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 12 June 2015 - 11:09 AM, said:

Special Geometry... first destroyed alex masterwork EBJ and now this: (the video is using a very unhealthy FOV btw)

Posted Image

That's not special geometry. The only modified thing is the shoulder pauldron, those things are perfectly part of Alex's artwork.

#387 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:22 AM

View PostLsq78, on 12 June 2015 - 11:20 AM, said:

That's not special geometry. The only modified thing is the shoulder pauldron, those things are perfectly part of Alex's artwork.

Actually... There were some special geometry in that area. Not sure if that's it or not, but it's near there...

That being said... Like the original poster said, the Pov on that was ridiculous... I doubt highly it will significantly impact visibility at a NORMAL level.

#388 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:23 AM

Please stop guessing, assuming, presuming and such.

View PostTina Benoit, on 10 June 2015 - 02:18 PM, said:

Take a look at these model screenies below, the second image has the special geo addition.

Posted Image

Posted Image

EDIT:
Here it is for the Executioner as well!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#389 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:30 AM

I'm very happy with the MASC implementation. It will add a whole new level of skill to the game.

#390 Samedi Wretch

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:31 AM

So it looks like we're not getting the top speed many people were expecting with MASC. I see it going from 71.3 up to 84.5. 71 being the top speed with speed tweak. A lot of people were expecting that it'd be at ~92. 84.5 is around twice walking speed pre-speed tweak.

The boosts to acceleration are going to be more important with the executioner than the shadow cat. More torque for the big boy. High top end speed is what will really matter for the little one.

Other than that I really like the implementation.

Edited by samadhiVOID, 12 June 2015 - 11:40 AM.

#391 SmokeJ

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:34 AM

It is in fact the special Geo, however if u look at all the screenshots taken from outside the EXE u'll see, that they sit much lower than they are shown from the cockpit-view...

so if PGI could move them just down a notch from the cockpit view they wouldnt even disturb when looking out using higher FOV...

look at the shot below, you should clearly be able to get an unobstructed view on the special Geo, not so much maybe on the regular variants...

View PostTina Benoit, on 10 June 2015 - 12:16 PM, said:

Invasion Paint and Geo screenshots are up for the second sneak peek!

Take a look at these additional shots!

The Executioner:

Posted Image

Edited by SmokeJ, 12 June 2015 - 11:42 AM.

#392 Jaspbo1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 232 posts
  • LocationWoah

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:45 AM

Liking MASC, however speed tweak means you get less overall value out of the tonnage spent on MASC, going from 64 to 84 is a twenty KPH difference, that's great! Going from 71 to 84 is only 13kph which is still the same boost of the non speed tweak so that's good, but it's no cigar, I'd say either 89 or 91 would be far suitable.

That's just off assumption, haven't played it of course, also the cool down might be a bit long, but we'll see what happens when it arrives.

The Exe is darn ugly sexy though.

#393 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:50 AM

Posted Image

Then how's that those "STUFF" does not happen to non-(I) mech?

Edited by Navid A1, 12 June 2015 - 11:53 AM.

#394 EAP10

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 401 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:10 PM

If I was to change anything about MASC, it would be to maybe reduce the damage taken, and reduce the cooldown. Other than that MASC looks awesome, and I can't wait to see how it affects gameplay!

(Maybe make the sounds louder too. ;))

#395 Samedi Wretch

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:15 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 12 June 2015 - 11:50 AM, said:

Posted Image

People aren't going to see it normally. I think it's cool and it sounds like it wont affect game play.

#396 Sky Ferrix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 137 posts
  • LocationNorth Augusta, SC

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:20 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 12 June 2015 - 11:50 AM, said:

Posted Image

I highly doubt those blind spots are going to get anyone killed.

#397 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:41 PM

View PostFoxx, on 12 June 2015 - 12:20 PM, said:

I highly doubt those blind spots are going to get anyone killed.

Vision is a huge deal in FPS games like MWO, so I think you are incorrect unless mechs in the obstructed areas show up as targetable boxes. If they show up as HUD icons, it shouldn't be a big deal, but the large special geometry still takes away a good 10% or more of screen vision.

It doesn't make sense when looking at the outside model, and it's going to annoy the hell out of me when I'm piloting a high-mobility mech that's prone to tunnel vision. I play with 75 FoV, so I think it will affect my vision, which is a bit upsetting as I already stated.

#398 Sky Ferrix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 137 posts
  • LocationNorth Augusta, SC

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:59 PM

Quite aware of how important vision is. Been playing this game since closed beta. Guess I can agree it'll be a tad irking, though.

Not really speaking for others here, but factoring in targeting and radar, I just don't think it's that big of a deal. There are mechs with worse fields of view by default.

Edited by Foxx, 12 June 2015 - 01:05 PM.

#399 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 12 June 2015 - 01:04 PM

View PostPezzer, on 12 June 2015 - 12:41 PM, said:

Vision is a huge deal in FPS games like MWO, so I think you are incorrect unless mechs in the obstructed areas show up as targetable boxes. If they show up as HUD icons, it shouldn't be a big deal, but the large special geometry still takes away a good 10% or more of screen vision.

It doesn't make sense when looking at the outside model, and it's going to annoy the hell out of me when I'm piloting a high-mobility mech that's prone to tunnel vision. I play with 75 FoV, so I think it will affect my vision, which is a bit upsetting as I already stated.

According to Russ, in the post above yours, they don't show up until 78 FoV, so I think you are safe.

#400 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 12 June 2015 - 01:15 PM

Those are clearly sideburns on the Koala, so if there's any changes at all I'd like to suggest star-burns.

e pluribus ****

Swear filter doesn't watch Community I guess.

Edited by Luscious Dan, 12 June 2015 - 01:16 PM.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users