Arctic Cheetah Builds

103 replies to this topic

#41 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:12 PM

I up armored my ACH to max, so no 2 ER-L Laser, but I will try out several other builds

#42 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:50 PM

I notice in a lot of Clan Mech threads, no one is swapping Legs, check your Legs and CT quirks folks.

I also notice a lot of non-team use of ECM.

View PostBig Tin Man, on 22 July 2015 - 09:00 AM, said:

2 ERLL's in the shoulders + ECM (clan raven 3L) with adv zoom. Makes an excellent harrasser with the super high mounts

You must've shaved some armor, I tried building that in Smurfy, only way it could be done.
At least it wasn't 2PPCs. :)

Edited by Wildstreak, 22 July 2015 - 12:52 PM.

#43 Heckbird

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 43 posts
  • LocationAnchorage AK

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:16 PM

I see a lot of people in this thread swapping out the ACH's B arm because it has a ballistic hardpoint. I personally see it as a direct upgrade to the MLX D's configuration that I made for it.

Mist Lynx D build:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...38aae7e99992279
(Keep in mind the armor quirks makes this mech have almost full armor everywhere but 4 points off from the head)

Arctic Cheetah B build:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f5e8f6ebb344ee6
(I haven't tried ecm in this build yet, spending cbills configuring all other cheetahs and cats)

I can safely say though that any build the Lynx can do the Cheetah can do it with more speed and more armor.

Edited by Heckbird, 22 July 2015 - 03:18 PM.

#44 Shadey99

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:55 PM

View PostHeckbird, on 22 July 2015 - 03:16 PM, said:

I see a lot of people in this thread swapping out the ACH's B arm because it has a ballistic hardpoint. I personally see it as a direct upgrade to the MLX D's configuration that I made for it.

Arctic Cheetah B build:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f5e8f6ebb344ee6

I tried something like that & had previously used a sniper/fire support Kit Fox with a LB-2X before that is very similar, but I didn't like it. The faster you go, the harder it is to keep on a target and that's pretty much key to doing damage with that sort of build. Heck any mech with AC2s is all about continuous fire.

Edited by Shadey99, 22 July 2015 - 07:25 PM.

#45 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:29 PM

View PostExplicitContent, on 22 July 2015 - 09:27 AM, said:

Thanks!

Or use F12 for faster results.

View PostWildstreak, on 22 July 2015 - 12:50 PM, said:

You must've shaved some armor, I tried building that in Smurfy, only way it could be done.
At least it wasn't 2PPCs. :)

full ton needs to be shaved.

#46 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:45 AM

I had some fun matches running these.

ACH-P: 4 SPL, 2 SRM 4, ECM.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2d94e96c81edb4c
It's low on the SRM ammo. I may downgrade to 2 SRM 2's and 1 heatsink if I keep running out. Right now I'm happy with less shots with more firepower, I just have to be selective with targets.

ACH-A: Much like the build above, only 2 MPL, and 2 SRM 4. No ECM means I have more ammo for the SRM's.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fc87e823c1e4fb0

ACH-B: 2 ERML, 3 ERSL, MG, ECM, 3 HS (prime st's)
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3feec173e154059
Poke with the high ERML's, use the ERSL's when anything gets close. I know 1 MG is useless other than as a distraction, but I had 0.5 ton leftover and was able to fit the gun and ammo by shaving head armor. I just wish you could get MG ammo in 0.25 ton amounts!

Edited by Danth Reduviid, 24 July 2015 - 03:50 AM.

#47 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:38 AM

Basic'd my 4 Cheetahs, all did VERY well generating positive W/L and K/D, a first for me. If only I had more C parts. :)

Arcitc-Prime
Basic SRM user. 2 cSRM6 caused too much heat, cSRM4 is better for management and I can still run out of missiles in some matches saving them for definite shots that hit. Needs to alternate fire of Lasers, shoulder Lasers in one group, Arms in another, cSRMs in third. Once I get double Basics, I may try switching cERSLs for cSPLs.

Arctic-A
Bit of a ranged fighter, I went with 2cERML over 1cERLL or cERPPC. Can ridge hump and fight close in or mid-range. cERMLs in one group, cSPLs in second.

Arctic-B
Lowest damage of the bunch but great team support. Just because it has cLRMs does not mean it hangs way back, it gets in close or mid-range spotting, scouting and dropping fast hitting LRMs on target. Initially it can cover slower allies until the fight breaks out. Lasers Group 1, TAG Group 2, cLRMs Group 3.

Arctic-C
Typical quick combat Light. Left side Lasers Group 1, Right side Group 2, helps manage heat.

Do note I change legs for very good reasons relating to Leg and CT quirks.

Edited by Wildstreak, 24 July 2015 - 06:40 AM.

#48 The Mech behind you

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationGermany, Northern Baden-Württemberg

Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:38 PM

Err I have to ask the Arctic Cheetah pilots a question. Why is every ACH (except for one) standing still and trying to face tank my Shadowhawk? Too much self-confidence because of ECM and its hype?

Please, do it like every other light mech and move. Even in an ACH you're way to easy to core if you don't move. So much potential and so many pilots degrade it to a target dummy :(

#49 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:23 PM

Wasn't me! ;)

#50 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:40 PM

Confession!!!

So i got a little tired of my pugmate's general play this day so i went a bit trollish...

Arctic Cheeter

2ERML, ECM, extra DHS. Wait for it... 14 damage.

Clan has better Spider-V and i have been pulling 300+ damage games. But that is more due to the quality of the enemy.

POKE-CITY

#51 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 25 July 2015 - 05:17 AM

View PostNorman Kosh, on 24 July 2015 - 01:38 PM, said:

Err I have to ask the Arctic Cheetah pilots a question. Why is every ACH (except for one) standing still and trying to face tank my Shadowhawk? Too much self-confidence because of ECM and its hype?

Please, do it like every other light mech and move. Even in an ACH you're way to easy to core if you don't move. So much potential and so many pilots degrade it to a target dummy :(

It's probably all about the heat! Compared to other lights you can go from mid heat to shutdown in 1-2 alphas. It happened to me on Terra Therma, came over a hill, fired SRM's and fired the lasers. Normally that would have been the parting shot as I retreated, instead I shut down in front of a team aiming directly at my CT.

Of course it could also be they are blinded by the majesty of the Shadow Hawk (my favorite mech)!

#52 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 05:41 AM

i wonder if the classic mlx build of 4 ml works on cheetah

View PostMoldur, on 21 July 2015 - 11:40 PM, said:

Just going to report that 4xsmall lasers and 2xStreak-2s with 200 rounds of ammo is serving me very well.

I normally steer clear of streaks, but if you want to maximize use of the jump jets, streaks are a go-to.

2 srm-4 or 6 would be much more efficient than 2 clan streak-2

#53 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 25 July 2015 - 06:31 AM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 25 July 2015 - 05:41 AM, said:

I'm skeptical. Frankly, it's so utterly vicious with 6-7 SPL, I have little temptation to even mess with anything else.

Edited by Terciel1976, 25 July 2015 - 06:33 AM.

#54 Shadey99

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:08 AM

I've seen a lot of this ACH-A lately... Personally It's not what I want, but it's good at medium range poking... It's not so good up close and personal. I took one out earlier in a duel with my 4xCSPL+2xSRM4 Prime... That said, I've seen matches were 2 of the three lights on each team were that build.

#55 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 July 2015 - 07:39 PM

My prime is still my favorite. 2 ERMLs in the STs. 2 SRM6s (or 4s) in the arms, and 2 SLs in the arms.

#56 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 26 July 2015 - 02:32 AM

Lol, it's funny that you mentioned this because this was sooo true when Panthers first came out. Because a lot of them had (ER)PPC, they need time to aim and lead the weapons and thus often time you found them like standing still staring at you.

#57 Naoru

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 05:37 AM

The heat on the ACH is brutal. So easy to spike above 100% when trying to squeeze one last shot in.

#58 Zaldier

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 57 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 26 July 2015 - 05:42 AM

This is the build that has been working best for me, on a mastered mech with SPL cool down / range module, with Seismic Sensor really really fun mech

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d1130a43e191cc9

Edited by Balvier, 26 July 2015 - 05:45 AM.

#59 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:32 AM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 25 July 2015 - 05:41 AM, said:

Closest I use is 2 cERML in torsos and 3 cSPL in arms, no need for 4 really. 2 in torsos allows ridge peeking, 3 cSPL does better and less heat in a fight than the 3rd and 4th cERML would.

Cheetah has more Energy mounts than the Lynx, exploit them.

#60 SN95Mustang

• Pip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:12 AM

This is what I use:

ACH-PRIME

Usually I can tear a unsuspecting mech apart in a short amount of time with the dual srm6s and quad er smalls. The elite perks make this thing dance.

ACH-B

Arctic Cheetah raven 3l copy need I say more.

ACH-A

This last one is the most annoying because I'll peek get a couple double taps off and move, double tap move. Ammo is low but if you make your shots count no need to worry. I will usually get at least 1 kill and average 300+ damage. ER medium can be swapped for 2 er smalls if you like.

Edit:Links fixed

Edited by SN95Mustang, 27 July 2015 - 04:56 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users