Streak 6. Why Has This Not Been Nerfed?

174 replies to this topic

#1 SoggyGorilla

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 194 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:19 PM

what does the inner sphere have that can counter 6x6 streak mad dog? or 5x6 streak crow?

i don't understand why this became the new meta, but they forced everyone to use that now instead of laser vomit.

does anyone agree with me on this?

#2 Bulletsponge0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:21 PM

I see very very few streakcrows or streakdogs in game

#3 GeistHrafn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 450 posts
  • LocationMB, Canada

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:23 PM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 24 June 2015 - 04:21 PM, said:

Me too, and I drive lights a LOT. I'm lucky to see a streak boat every 20 matches.

#4 Hellcat420

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:24 PM

Not really. Ecm makes them almost completely worthless. Any mech that is small enough to be scared of these builds should be fast enough to stay out of bap range. These builds are far from the new meta as they are very situational and easy to counter.

Edited by Hellcat420, 24 June 2015 - 04:26 PM.

#5 Templar Dane

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:24 PM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 24 June 2015 - 04:21 PM, said:

That's because streaks are garbage. Y x 2 damage, targeting random components. The only time they seem good are when you've got pilots that are bad enough that they can't shoot lights.....against brawling lights.

#6 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:30 PM

pretty sure you mean buffed, they and lrm it's the only resort if you have high ping (:

for a fresh light to die to a streakcrow it should eat 90-120 missiles which takes 18-24 seconds
why are you hanging around for 20 seconds after all? not breaking the lock, using the covers to peep and shoot or something

may be you depend on the broken hitreg a bit too much? you know, a doublegauss jager can easily one shot a light, streakboats cannot and if you scared of the latter more than of the former...

#7 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:30 PM

and the streak boats have never really been that good anyway.

only time they seemed worth it was back when we only had IS and SSRM2s did 5 damage and actually seemed to cluster a bit more and not be so random

Edited by Bigbacon, 24 June 2015 - 04:31 PM.

#8 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:34 PM

Streaks as a whole are a poorly-designed Legacy Feature™ that swing on a pendulum from cheesy to craptastic depending on the target, and that haven't been touched in ages.

View PostBigbacon, on 24 June 2015 - 04:30 PM, said:

only time they seemed worth it was back when we only had IS and SSRM2s did 5 damage and actually seemed to cluster a bit more and not be so random

Back in those days, the IS SSRM2 hit the CT the vast majority of the time, which made them completely stupid. Carrying just 2-3 of the SSRM2 back then was nearly autowin against lights and they also could put the hurt on larger targets as well.

Edited by FupDup, 24 June 2015 - 04:34 PM.

#9 Bregan

Rookie

• Fury
  • Fury
  • 8 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWaterloo, Ontario

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:36 PM

Something about the spreading on the streak 4,6 is off too, I almost always take ALL six missiles in the CT, this renders most mechs completely useless, even with a 7s recycle time on each volley. Even the TDR-5SS that is what i consider my best mech, i get three alpha strikes at what, 42 damage per strike, which relies on my accuracy as well, before I shut down.
Some of these streak boats can get 4-5 volleys off, at 72 damage per volley, before heat becomes an issue. I'm not really a clan expert but man, its frustrating to say the least.

#10 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:43 PM

View PostSoggyGorilla, on 24 June 2015 - 04:19 PM, said:

what does the inner sphere have that can counter 6x6 streak mad dog? or 5x6 streak crow?

i don't understand why this became the new meta, but they forced everyone to use that now instead of laser vomit.

The DPS output on a Streakcrow is atrocious, and it's all spread out. Worse, you can't chose to target anything in particular, just splatter damage randomly with what, a 7 second cooldown before shots? 6? I forget after the change. Each SSRM6 offers just .67dps.

A Catapult with 6xSRM6 can output around 20dps with a much tighter, more controlled spread. And it's not a good mech!

#11 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:47 PM

View PostBregan, on 24 June 2015 - 04:36 PM, said:

Something about the spreading on the streak 4,6 is off too, I almost always take ALL six missiles in the CT, this renders most mechs completely useless, even with a 7s recycle time on each volley. Even the TDR-5SS that is what i consider my best mech, i get three alpha strikes at what, 42 damage per strike, which relies on my accuracy as well, before I shut down.
Some of these streak boats can get 4-5 volleys off, at 72 damage per volley, before heat becomes an issue. I'm not really a clan expert but man, its frustrating to say the least.

hahaha, if you complain of the damage, ordinary srms, not streaks, do more focused damage, especially vs something like your thunderbolt, and have significantly higher (33% higher) dps

but it's silly to compare the damage of lasers and (s)srms, how about you think that ac-5 does just 5 damage weighting with ammo like two is large lasers which deal 10 damage etc; cannons run cooler than lasers, lasers run more focused than missiles

is players are really annoying, firstly they complain of the prevalence of laser vomit, now when lasers were nerfed they complain that people use sometimes missiles too

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 24 June 2015 - 04:48 PM.

#12 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:50 PM

View PostBregan, on 24 June 2015 - 04:36 PM, said:

Sure they can get so many volleys off, it's because it's at such a long delay between firing. Each SSRM6 launcher is .67HPS (very low) but that's just because they only fire once every 6 seconds. Your TDR-5SS fires more than twice as fast, so yeah, you'll overheat quickly.

The SSRM's spread isn't "spread". They target random body parts, then fly directly towards those body parts. You can exploit that, as they'll hit whatever is interposed between them and their target, so it's REALLY easy to catch SSRM's on your arms.

Seriously, Streakboats are BAD against anything except lights, and even then they are still far poorer weapons than SRM's.

In every circumstance where the players involved aren't bad (read: can actually hit what they aim at) SRM6's are VASTLY superior to SSRM6's.

#13 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:52 PM

I am not wondering if CSSRM's are getting nerfed, i am wondering how.

#14 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:57 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 24 June 2015 - 04:52 PM, said:

you think they need to be Nerfed? why? and how?

#15 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:57 PM

View PostSoggyGorilla, on 24 June 2015 - 04:19 PM, said:

Nope.

#16 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:59 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 24 June 2015 - 04:30 PM, said:

pretty sure you mean buffed, they and lrm it's the only resort if you have high ping (:

for a fresh light to die to a streakcrow it should eat 90-120 missiles which takes 18-24 seconds
why are you hanging around for 20 seconds after all? not breaking the lock, using the covers to peep and shoot or something

may be you depend on the broken hitreg a bit too much? you know, a doublegauss jager can easily one shot a light, streakboats cannot and if you scared of the latter more than of the former...

Indeed. If you're in a light, maybe engaging a streakboat at all is just foolish? Streakboats are good against lights, but garbage against anything else. So, leave the streakboat to a Heavy - if you lose against a streakboat in a heavy and there are no contributing factors (pre existing damage, for example) it's because you're bad. It doesn't matter if the Streakboat player is good or not, because you hit the "skill cap" on streakboats early. On the other hand... Your 5SS? Rip off his legs. Doesn't take long, and it easy on Stormcrows and Mad Dogs.

View PostJohnny Z, on 24 June 2015 - 04:52 PM, said:

Why? It's got a 6 second cooldown, outputs 0.67 DPS. A single IS Medium Laser can fire further, and outputs 1.67 DPS. Even well beyond it's optimal range it's still doing more damage, and more focused damage, that the SSRM6.

#17 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:00 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 24 June 2015 - 04:57 PM, said:

you think they need to be Nerfed? why? and how?

Well everyone knows they are an "I WIN" button against many mechs, no aim, just fire and win. I have no idea at all how they will be nerfed or when.

#18 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:01 PM

streaks are fun and make you a boatload of money. They make you a boat load of money because they are about the most inefficient damage dealers short of LRMs. They. Hit. Everything. Where your lasers, PPCs, and ACs would only punch through one or two components and do much more serious damage faster because of it.

#19 Thunder Child

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:01 PM

Give me SRMs over SSRMs anyday. That said, my Stock Mist Lynx is terrified of Streak Boats. For some reason Streaks have a love affair with my Left Leg. Even when I shield it with my right. But other than a Myst Lynx or Lolcust, I don't know of any light that'll get one shot by a Streak Boat, that wouldn't die quicker to PP Alphas.

Edited by Thunder Child, 24 June 2015 - 05:03 PM.

#20 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:03 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 24 June 2015 - 04:59 PM, said:

Indeed. If you're in a light, maybe engaging a streakboat at all is just foolish? Streakboats are good against lights, but garbage against anything else. So, leave the streakboat to a Heavy - if you lose against a streakboat in a heavy and there are no contributing factors (pre existing damage, for example) it's because you're bad. It doesn't matter if the Streakboat player is good or not, because you hit the "skill cap" on streakboats early. On the other hand... Your 5SS? Rip off his legs. Doesn't take long, and it easy on Stormcrows and Mad Dogs.

Why? It's got a 6 second cooldown, outputs 0.67 DPS. A single IS Medium Laser can fire further, and outputs 1.67 DPS. Even well beyond it's optimal range it's still doing more damage, and more focused damage, that the SSRM6.

This isnt correct either. Sreak Crows can easily defeat many inner sphere mediums with little or no danger. This everyone knows. Streak Crows move at 110 kph and can even circle strafe slow inner sphere assault mechs to great effect. The claim they are only good against lights is totally false.

Again I dont know what a fair answer is about how CSSRM's will be nerfed , but if I had to bet I would definetely bet they are getting the nerf bat.

Edited by Johnny Z, 24 June 2015 - 05:06 PM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users