• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:43 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 25 June 2015 - 07:41 PM, said:

The Powercreep is real.

Oh Jenner-IIc. Any Clan XL engine makes you great.

Goodbye Cute Fox and Badder (you can't raise your hand there Myth Lynx).

There is already the Jenner oxide that can do anything the jenner IIC can do but not jump... oh and it doesn't have uber slow SSRM's... Also I heard that the jenner oxide may get a hardpoint inflation soon to get 5 or even 6 M... maybe.

but anyway, this isn't a power creep, clan lights were just bad to start off with. Locusts can shoot there ER large lasers over 1km and still do damage at 2km but the mist lynx or adder (keep in mind the adder was one of the best snipers in 3050 having the same firepower or more then most IS snipers heavies) can't barely do stuff beyond 1km...

The power creep happened ages ago back when iS got 50% quirks and stuff everywhere.

Also the thing is there is nothing stopping PGI going "bah! clan mech, here, you get a minus 20 kph speed boost and you have reduced CT armour and leg armour as well as 10% longer reload for your missiles)

#62 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:52 PM

View PostPKNecron, on 25 June 2015 - 09:32 PM, said:

Does this mean the war is over? I mean the clan mechs are already better than most IS mechs, and now they get clan versions of IS mechs. Will there be ANYONE left to defend the IS?

He can save us.

Posted Image

#63 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:54 PM

Whelp, being an Oxide main was fun while it lasted. Guess I'll start looking for a new game.

#64 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:55 PM

View PostWraith 1, on 25 June 2015 - 09:54 PM, said:

Whelp, being an Oxide main was fun while it lasted. Guess I'll start looking for a new game.

Don't lose hope. They can always double your quirk values.

#65 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:15 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 25 June 2015 - 09:43 PM, said:

The power creep happened ages ago back when iS got 50% quirks and stuff everywhere.

Most of the IS needed those quirks. Some were overbuffed, but others are slightly better than before. The Dragons were not a serious mech anyways and needed a buff... whether the overdakkaing/overquirking is another matter, at least it gets actual play for being the glass cannon that it is.

So, I wouldn't be thinking it's straight powercreep as the better of the Clan mechs changed the overall landscape requiring such changes to all of the bad IS mechs (including the Lolcust). I'm not saying the worst of the Clan mechs don't need the quirks (Gargles still needs some love), but I wouldn't be giving such blanket statements when each mech involved in some quirk (Clan or IS) generally needed it (occasionally getting overquirked or underquirked or quirked improperly like the Atlas's arms) and still needs far more finer tuning.

Despite all of that, the Vindicator did get royally screwed on the quirkening, from staying generally from Tier 4/5 to Tier 3/4 (or no change at all in some cases, see the Vindicator-1X).

Edited by Deathlike, 25 June 2015 - 10:15 PM.

#66 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:17 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 25 June 2015 - 09:19 PM, said:

No, there were plenty of Omni's left.

Half dozen Meds, one Light (+Firemoth), half dozen Heavies, and one Assault.

That's without making up new variants, which could include another Assault and another few Meds.

You just love contradicting me lately have you? other posts I understand, you got the hard coding and facts. and all I have is a few hundred lunatics blasting there mouths.

The thing is: I am saying stuff that came from Russ himself, he said that Clan IIC mechs will be added next for Clan wave IV after Clan wave III mechs are released to be the next clan mechs.

I did NOT say there is not a single omnimech out there.
all I said is that it has been confirmed before this town hall meeting that IIC mechs were coming.

Note: Firemoth isn't suitable for the game due to speed, Viper isn't suitable as it's like a mix of nova and kitfox that's worse. and the other omnis are as common if not less common then IIC's in 3050 to 3052.

#67 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:19 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 25 June 2015 - 10:17 PM, said:

Note: Firemoth isn't suitable for the game due to speed, Viper isn't suitable as it's like a mix of nova and kitfox that's worse. and the other omnis are as common if not less common then IIC's in 3050 to 3052.

For medium omnis, the Huntsman is available. It would be a pretty decent competitor to the Doomcrow™. Advantages of JJs and 1 extra ton of pod space, with disadvantages of less speed and a little bit less armor (also potentially not as good of hitboxes).

For light omnis, there's the Fire Falcon. It's a pretty nice little 25 tonner, not quite up to Arctic Cheetah snuff but then again almost nothing is.

Edited by FupDup, 25 June 2015 - 10:22 PM.

#68 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:23 PM

About time they balance the Clan XL engine, am i right guys?
Like that speed penalty they planned on adding to it after losing a side torso.

I'm really not a fan of IIC mechs being added. As if we needed something to make the old ones COMPLETELY obsolete...

#69 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:29 PM

View PostWraith 1, on 25 June 2015 - 09:54 PM, said:

earlier due to the meta at the time, the Oxide was considered OP for it's original concept
Posted Image

It had 5-6M hardpoints., 2 in each arm, and 1-2 in the CT.

The thing is: there is nothing stopping the oxide getting a hardpoint buff.

Ontop of that: the oxide has the advantage of IS weapons, faster reload and velocity of streaks for eg...

Anyway, you can play the Jenner IIC, what's wrong with them?

#70 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:30 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 25 June 2015 - 10:29 PM, said:

Ontop of that: the oxide has the advantage of IS weapons, faster reload and velocity of streaks for eg...

Actually, the Clan SSRM2 and IS SSRM2 have identical cooldowns. We can't compare the SSRM4 and SSRM6 because the IS doesn't have them right now.

#71 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:34 PM

View PostElizander, on 25 June 2015 - 09:55 PM, said:

Don't lose hope. They can always double your quirk values.

A 35-ton mech with Direwolf-level DPS isn't fun to play against, and running out of ammo in the first two minutes of the match isn't fun to play with. Both hallmarks of terribad class/weapon design, but I suppose I'd rather have that than have my favorite mech be totally obsolete.

Meh, I need a break anyways.

#72 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:35 PM

View PostFupDup, on 25 June 2015 - 10:30 PM, said:

Actually, the Clan SSRM2 and IS SSRM2 have identical cooldowns. We can't compare the SSRM4 and SSRM6 because the IS doesn't have them right now.

Quirks. Virtually any IS mech has a more stronger missile quirk then most clan mechs.

#73 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:36 PM

View PostWraith 1, on 25 June 2015 - 10:34 PM, said:

A 35-ton mech with Direwolf-level DPS

lolwhat

#74 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:37 PM

View PostFupDup, on 25 June 2015 - 10:30 PM, said:

Let's talk about Clan SRM technology vs IS SRM technology.

+.15 damage per missile for IS over the Clans... yet the best tonnage savings ever for Clans.

While Clan SRMs have more spread, the Clans have better SRMs (well, in terms bang for the tonnage spent).

Oh well, the Oxide is heading towards planned obsolescence I guess (I don't think more missile hardpoints actually changes the matter too much).

#75 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:38 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 25 June 2015 - 10:35 PM, said:

Quirks. Virtually any IS mech has a more stronger missile quirk then most clan mechs.

I don't count Ze Quarkz as part of weapon balance, I count them as mech/chassis/variant balance (because that's where they're localized to).

View PostDeathlike, on 25 June 2015 - 10:37 PM, said:

Let's talk about Clan SRM technology vs IS SRM technology.

+.15 damage per missile for IS over the Clans... yet the best tonnage savings ever for Clans.

While Clan SRMs have more spread, the Clans have better SRMs (well, in terms bang for the tonnage spent).

Oh well, the Oxide is heading towards planned obsolescence I guess (I don't think more missile hardpoints actually changes the matter too much).

I think you're grossly underestimating the impact of -0.2 spread brah!

#76 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:39 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 25 June 2015 - 10:23 PM, said:

About time they balance the Clan XL engine, am i right guys?
Like that speed penalty they planned on adding to it after losing a side torso.

I'm really not a fan of IIC mechs being added. As if we needed something to make the old ones COMPLETELY obsolete...

The slowness was on the topic of getting hot = slowness.

For eg 75% heat = 5% less movement and turn and twist speed.
85% heat = 10% less moveemtn and turn and twist speed
90% heat = 12.5% less movement and stuff
95%+ heat = 16% less movement and stuff
100%+ (over ride) = 25% less movement and stuff.

This will effect hot IS mechs just as much as clanners, however the clan ST destruction does give penalties to cooling down as well as the fact you lost half your mech which would contain HS. So the logic that was put out earlier is that you would be hotter and thus be slower.

The heat penalty is already in game, but the speed penalty for heat is a WIP or under consideration.

#77 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:39 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 25 June 2015 - 10:35 PM, said:

Those Grasshoppers need that major missile quirk!

Seriously, you're overblowing on the matter. The only missile quirked thing of craziness is the Hunchback-4J and that is actually not how you compare things (the Doomcrow is more than an LRM boat anyways).

#78 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:41 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 25 June 2015 - 10:17 PM, said:

You just love contradicting me lately have you? other posts I understand, you got the hard coding and facts. and all I have is a few hundred lunatics blasting there mouths.

The thing is: I am saying stuff that came from Russ himself, he said that Clan IIC mechs will be added next for Clan wave IV after Clan wave III mechs are released to be the next clan mechs.

I did NOT say there is not a single omnimech out there.
all I said is that it has been confirmed before this town hall meeting that IIC mechs were coming.

He said he hadn't decided at that point; and there were plenty of Omni choices.

Lights had the Fire Falcon (no issues) and FireMoth (speed)

Meds had the Viper, Battle Cobra, Phantom, Pouncer, Hunstman, Black Lanner and Stooping Hawk.

Heavies had the Lupus, Linebacker, Crossbow and Night Gyr. Woodsman has 2 variants as well.

Heavies had the KingFisher, and 1 variant of the Turkina.

Just saying, lots of Omnis were available, and Russ had never confirmed IIC until tonight. You'll have to show me where it was confirmed previously.

Edited by Mcgral18, 25 June 2015 - 10:42 PM.

#79 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:44 PM

View PostFupDup, on 25 June 2015 - 10:38 PM, said:

I think you're grossly underestimating the impact of -0.2 spread brah!

0.4M isn't all that significant...but how wide are mechs? Atlas is ~18M tall, so ~8M wide?

Small robots maybe, but nothing that's not a Light.

#80 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:47 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 25 June 2015 - 10:44 PM, said:

0.4M isn't all that significant...but how wide are mechs? Atlas is ~18M tall, so ~8M wide?

Small robots maybe, but nothing that's not a Light.

Well, it's not an Awesome!

Seriously, that mech needs to be rescaled... #1... next to the Quickdraw, Trebuchet, Nova, and Grasshopper... and then there's the Catapult... and a few others that I can't think of.

We should just have a Top Ten list for mechs to be rescaled in honor of David Letterman. :P

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users