129 replies to this topic

#121 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:33 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 15 July 2015 - 08:19 AM, said:

Get a mech of the same tonnage in smurfy, that has JJs, and slap the JJs on, to see the numbers. At least that's how I do it.

I think Smurfy's specs on JJs are wildly inaccurate... It shows all JJs have a 4.1 meter front to back movement, and the height varies by class... But looking at the Class I, it says it will have a 68 meter jump? That's almost 4 in-game Atlas heights! (about 6BT atlas heights) Even with 5 Class I on my Highlander, I can only jump as high as one Atlas, about 18 meters...

#122 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:34 AM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 15 July 2015 - 08:33 AM, said:

I think Smurfy's specs on JJs are wildly inaccurate... It shows all JJs have a 4.1 meter front to back movement, and the height varies by class... But looking at the Class I, it says it will have a 68 meter jump? That's almost 4 in-game Atlas heights! (about 6BT atlas heights) Even with 5 Class I on my Highlander, I can only jump as high as one Atlas, about 18 meters...

68 meters Distance. That's forward clearance I believe.

#123 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:39 AM

I know for fact Smurfy's JJ stats are at least correct for vertical height when equipped on a mech. I've tested many, many mechs to see what kind of jump I could attain, and currently my Griffins with 7xJJ are my best jumpers at 67 meters. Just for fun, take one out on the new river city and hop all over the buildings. It puts the Mist Lynx to shame at only 62.5 meters.

The Shadow Cat will beat it barely with 6xJJ for 70.3 meters, and can still retain a potent loadout, as well as ECM. Again, the only mech in the game that beats the Shadowcat and Vindicator with 6xJJ is a Spider with a minimum of 9xJJ, leaving the Spider 5V as the only mech in the game (and a terrible one at that) that can best 70.31 meters, as the other spiders can only go up to 6x or 8x JJ, which only jumps to 52m and 69.3m respectively.

Here's a 45 ton Vindicator with 6xJJ for reference.

Smurfy Link

Edited by Greenjulius, 15 July 2015 - 08:51 AM.

#124 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:45 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 15 July 2015 - 08:34 AM, said:

68 meters Distance. That's forward clearance I believe.

But the distance you can jump is largely based on how fast you are running at time of jump.

Maybe it's counting decimeters for some asanine reason, so it's 6.8 meters jump height per JJ.... Which is the only thing I can come up with halfway close to what we see in game... But a Jenner with one JJ jumps higher than the 3.5 meters that translation would yield...

It's possible they got the figures backwards, so it's 68 meter distance, and 4.1 meters height, but then 5jjs on an assault mech would net you the same height as a light mech with 5jjs... Plus, as we said, distance varies based on speed you're running...

I'm confused x.x

View PostGreenjulius, on 15 July 2015 - 08:39 AM, said:

I know for fact Smurfy's JJ stats are at least correct for vertical height when equipped on a mech. I've tested many, many mechs to see what kind of jump I could attain, and currently my Griffins with 7xJJ are my best jumpers at 67 meters. Just for fun, take one out on the new river city and hop all over the buildings. It puts the Mist Lynx to shame at only 62.5 meters.

The Shadow Cat will beat it barely with 6xJJ for 70.3 meters, and can still retain a potent loadout, as well as ECM. Again, the only mech in the game that beats the Shadowcat and Vindicator with 6xJJ is a Spider with a minimum of 9xJJ, leaving the Spider 5V as the only mech in the game (and a terrible one at that) that can best 70.31 meters, as the other spiders can only go up to 6x or 8x JJ.

Here's a 45 ton Vindicator with 6xJJ for reference.

Smurfy Link

I haven't used my Heavy Metal since the last patch... Smurfy's says it has a jump height of 31 meters... Before the patch, I would say it did a max of 20 based on other mech heights (and took forever to get that high) but I think they buffed the vertical by 30% so that might add up...

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 15 July 2015 - 08:50 AM.

#125 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:50 AM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 15 July 2015 - 08:45 AM, said:

But the distance you can jump is largely based on how fast you are running at time of jump.

Maybe it's counting decimeters for some asanine reason, so it's 6.8 meters jump height per JJ.... Which is the only thing I can come up with halfway close to what we see in game... But a Jenner with one JJ jumps higher than the 3.5 meters that translation would yield...

It's possible they got the figures backwards, so it's 68 meter distance, and 4.1 meters height, but then 5jjs on an assault mech would net you the same height as a light mech with 5jjs... Plus, as we said, distance varies based on speed you're running...

I'm confused x.x

There are lots of weird JJ stats in smurfy. The only numbers I agree with are for vertical jump in the Mechlab screen when jump jets are equipped on a mech.

#126 Kiyoshi Amaya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 366 posts
  • LocationWaiting for PVE Co-op

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:55 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 15 July 2015 - 07:22 AM, said:

Could we please not call it that?ShCat, Shadow, ShowCat. Shingleshimmyshanga. Literally anything else is better than that.

I know how you feel... Which is why I keep having to listen to this every time somebody says it...

Gonna play this when I'm blowing limbs off.

#127 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,692 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:04 AM

All I gotta say is this: It WON'T BE a stupid dumb-down version from Microdorf! NO Freaking BOXES!

#128 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:24 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 15 July 2015 - 07:22 AM, said:

Could we please not call it that?ShCat, Shadow, ShowCat. Shingleshimmyshanga. Literally anything else is better than that.

Uuuuh... Let's see... Nope, we have to call it a Scat. Scat scat scat.

Sh** man, ain't nothin wrong with that name.

*goes off to watch Scat videos*

...GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER, I meant mech previews :V

#129 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:49 AM

Only 1 day to go !

The Arctic Cheetah can be a great Mech !

But I wait for the release before I buy one....

#130 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 777 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:37 AM

Already bought it...

Spoiler

24 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 24 guests, 0 anonymous users