41 replies to this topic

#21 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:26 AM

I already reported it to be stickied - you should, too.

#22 Waffles 2pt0

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 193 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 06:40 AM

Thanks for putting this together.

How are the 'Savior Kill' and 'Defensive Kill' bonuses triggered? I can't find the criteria anywhere.

Edited by IIII The Smiling Bandit IIII, 17 July 2015 - 06:43 AM.

#23 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 July 2015 - 09:37 AM

View PostIIII The Smiling Bandit IIII, on 17 July 2015 - 06:40 AM, said:

Thanks for putting this together.

How are the 'Savior Kill' and 'Defensive Kill' bonuses triggered? I can't find the criteria anywhere.

Savior kill is triggered when an enemy is hitting a friendly with exposed internals, and you assist in killing the enemy.

I think defensive is for killing someone trying to cap a base you own.

#24 Glxy Cmdr Jason Tseng

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 51 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 03 August 2015 - 11:30 AM

View PostInspectorG, on 14 July 2015 - 04:02 PM, said:

Needs 'pilot pressed R' bonus.

Scouting:Be the first to spot a target.
Do not engage.

They did. :D

#25 SRTHellcat

Rookie

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 8 posts
  • LocationA place to have fun don't care about the tier

Posted 28 September 2015 - 10:41 AM

Good read well done :D

#26 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:32 PM

Bravo well done, more points to ponder.

#27 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 01:18 AM

Defensive kill is triggered when you kill someone attacking you while you are attempting to capture. It does not have to be your base (I've gotten it on conquest, as well as when capturing enemy base). You need to be within the capture zone (not sure about the enemy... but Pretty sure it does need to hit you once stopping capture)

#28 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 01:32 AM

Was just thinking about the kill most damage/solo kill ... I think PGI might need to rethink/rework that. It encourages inefficient damage dealing over focused damage.

For example, if I core a mech from the back... that is less damage dealt than coring a mech from the front. Someone who shoots off my useless shield arms gets more credit towards KMD/SK than someone who takes care of the torso armor (and if the damage spray n pray then gets a lucky shot on internals, or uses machine gun hail and snags the kill...)

And as people have noted elsewhere, getting a headshot is in some ways penalized, as it is less damage dealt (but I guess more salvage?)... the same would apply to a KMD/SK situation on a damaged mech. It'd be like getting a two stroke penalty for making a hole in one.

But I suppose the upshot is, it makes for flashier, longer, and more 'exciting and watchable' battles (for the esports and whatnot)

#29 Insanity09

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 551 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 06:11 PM

I would suggest that the rewards for actually accomplishing the mission objectives need to be boosted (resource cap, assault base cap, domination timer). They are already better, true, but the difference needs to be higher to encourage more people to actually do it. I know that I am tired of watching one selfish (and unwise?) player deny the entire team better rewards so they can get that last kill.
As a second part to this, I'd suggest that the type of victory, capping, or countdown, apply some sort of bonus modifier to the pilot skill tier rewards. A skirmish style victory (killing the entire enemy team) should be the baseline, no additional modifier. No additional penalty for losing. (And btw, killing off the entire enemy team in domination should NOT result in a countdown victory, that is a skirmish style victory and should be counted as such)

As far as the solo kill & kmdd versus the spray of overall damage and so forth, I suggest an additional category.
"Precision Kill"? If you kill an opponent with only a small amount of damage done to him (a head shot, back kill, etc.) it counts for more xp/cb? This should be worth more than a kmdd and would ONLY apply if the overall health of the target mech was higher than a certain amount (or alternatively, only apply if the target areas that were not directly involved in the kill were relatively intact, i.e. if you take out both legs but no other area is open to internal damage or something like that...). So kmdd could still apply, but precise kills would be rewarded as well.
I'm sure the idea could be refined and expanded on. There is a need to be careful here though, because discouraging the use of entire weapon systems (SRM/LRMs, basically) is not to be desired.

#30 Insanity09

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 551 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:28 PM

This is great information, thank you very much.
However, a related follow-up question: what earns match score, and how much?

#31 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 December 2016 - 09:49 AM

View PostInsanity09, on 14 December 2016 - 11:28 PM, said:

This is great information, thank you very much.
However, a related follow-up question: what earns match score, and how much?

This is quite outdated in some regards, but the list as far as I recall is as follows (how much was NEVER made public, but we know damage is king, apparently):
1- Damage (team damage earns negative match score, so watch out)

2- Kills (this includes savior kills, kill most damage dealt, killing blows ... etc.)

3- Assists (this includes TAGing and NARCing enemies for your teammates to hit)

4- Captures

5- Spotting (this includes TAGing and NARCing enemies for your teammates to hit)

6- Sticking close to your lance

7- Hitting enemies who are not seeing you and attacking your teammates

8- Providing ECM cover to allies.

9- Providing AMS cover to allies.

Almost anything you do helps raise your match score.

#32 Insanity09

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 551 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:14 PM

And I thank you, Iraqiwalker, for that info.

My apologies, but I guess I wasn't clear. A kill gets you match score, sure, but how much? 1 point? 50? 25 for an assist? 3.75? 1 point for each proximity reward?

Things like scouting and objectives (base captures) may add to match score, but the amount seems inconsequential. I was hoping to find out how trivial those activities were compared to damage/kills.

#33 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:21 AM

View PostInsanity09, on 16 December 2016 - 12:14 PM, said:

And I thank you, Iraqiwalker, for that info.

My apologies, but I guess I wasn't clear. A kill gets you match score, sure, but how much? 1 point? 50? 25 for an assist? 3.75? 1 point for each proximity reward?

Things like scouting and objectives (base captures) may add to match score, but the amount seems inconsequential. I was hoping to find out how trivial those activities were compared to damage/kills.

View PostIraqiWalker, on 16 December 2016 - 09:49 AM, said:

(how much was NEVER made public, but we know damage is king, apparently)

#34 Insanity09

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 551 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 03:05 PM

With the addition of formerly qp/gp map modes (assault, skirmish, domination) to faction warfare, it has become even more important that some enhancement to victory by objectives be made.

I have now had people saying in voip and chat to ignore the objectives of a faction match and to "just kill enemies".
Simple attrition warfare was fairly thoroughly discredited in WWI.

The only rational reason I can think of that people would want this is to see higher numbers on their match scores; more kills and damage means more credit and xp? And I admit, that although that makes no sense in terms of sacrificing victory, which willfully ignoring the objectives will tend to do (who among us has not seen a conquest loss due to that?), it does make a modicum of sense if all you care about are numbers.

It seems PGI has two choices.

One, and the better choice by far: Make victories matter. Both on the individual match level, and for winning at faction play campaign level.

For each match this can be done simply by giving much, much better rewards for simply winning a match, especially for winning via the objectives, rather than simply killing the enemy. I might go so far as to suggest that winning by objective (capture in assault, timer in dom, etc.) give a huge bonus for victory (I'd say at least 2-3 times what it is now) but an additional bonus based on how many enemies are left alive. (suggest: half the value of a kill in cbill, xp, and match score to every member of the winning team per enemy mech alive IF the victory is achieved via objective (not an enemy team kill)). (actual individual kill/assist counters would not change based on this bonus)

Faction play victories must matter. Right now, there really isn't much incentive one way or the other to actually achieve faction goals (taking planets, hitting scouting milestones, etc.). If there were some sort of additional bonus, cbill, xp, faction rep for the defending/capturing faction, possibly even mc, shared among those who contributed to the win (who actually won a faction play match of any kind on the relevant planet), that might actually encourage more folks.
Little blinky lights on a map are unlikely to encourage people. Tangible rewards do (using the term advisedly in a virtual world).

Doing these things (or something similar) would give people more reward for playing (esp. in fp), and might actually help retain people.

The second choice is to do nothing to enhance the experience and motivation of the players. The end result here is more rapid attrition of the player base, especially in fp.

#35 Elric Tchernovkov

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 28 posts
  • LocationOdins' Eye

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:36 PM

I do know that as of last year, you can win a match and not make match score for stocking tuffers etc. BUT, you can lose a match and as long as you have 9 or more assists, qualify for rewards. So an assist is worth at least 9 points toeard match score.

#36 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 December 2016 - 12:31 AM

Victory and Loss actually impact match score a lot. Keep screen capping your matches. Eventually you'll get a win and a loss where you performed near identically. You'll see that the win will have a higher match score.

Here's the thing though about ignore the objective: If your team is confident they can secure it should their advantage be taken, then it's better in terms of score, and rewards, to farm the enemy team. It's not fun, but it gives more credits.

#37 Quazi moto

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 02:44 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 16 July 2015 - 03:55 AM, said:

Yes, but NARC is still the least risky of the two, by miles. The NARC rockets can still hit a target at up to 450 meters. You can then boogie out of there without consequence. Whereas TAG provides the enemy with a clear red "shoot over there for a free kill" beam of light. The mech has to hold it over the target, until it is hit by LRMs for them to get a reward. Do you know how long it takes a dual Gauss mech to kill something standing still?

do you really TAG standing still?

#38 IcarusNine

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:18 PM

Recently took notice of these and compiled an updated list of the rewards.
(They're in roughly the same order you see them on the end scoreboard. I also couldn't trigger a tie or counter ecm at my convenience. I'm not entirely certain how to trigger Counter-ECM Locked Damage, it happened once.)

RewardC-BillsXPNote
Win 35000 250
Loss 25000 40
Tie ? ?
Conquest Win 10000 75
Capture Assist 2500 50
Capture Success 10000 75
Turret Kill 1000 20
Savior Kill 7500 60
Killing Blow 3000 30
Team Kill 15000 150
Kill Assist 1500 50
UAV Kill 1500 50 Destroy a UAV.
Counter ECM ? ?
Counter ECM Locked Damage 500 25
Conquest Bonus 10000-20000? 0 Conquest games only. More data needed.
Salvage Bonus 5000-10000? 0 More data needed.
Damage Done 21*damage 0
Team Damage -21*damage 0
Component Destroyed 4000 15
Kill Most Damage Dealt 7500 80
Solo Kill 10000 280
Flanking 3000 20 Can occur from the front. Strange.
Brawling 4500 130
Spotting Assist 2000 20 Can be rewarded for NARC locks.
UAV Locked Damage 3000 20
UAV Detection 3000 20
TAG Kill 6000 60 Might require locked damage.
NARC Kill 10000 60 Might require locked damage.
Hit And Run 2000 15
Capturing Base 100 0 Every 10 seconds or so. (Slow and marginal!)
Scouting 3000 20
TAG Damage ?*damage 0 Locked damage, including your own.
TAG Stealth 1000 0
Lance in Formation 120 0
Protected Light 500 0
Protected Medium 500 0
Protection Proximity 500 0

#39 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:53 AM

shouldn't that team kill read as a -150
heck if I was to get 150, I might just start team killing . . well not really

#40 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 05:53 AM

Greetings everyone!

I have collected the recent match rewards in one compilation. Enjoy!

Posted Image

Edit: The list is outdated as of May Patch '19, update in progress!

Edited by Aidan Crenshaw, 27 May 2019 - 12:14 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users