Shadowcat And Arctic Cheetah Countdown: 1 Day Left!

349 replies to this topic

#261 Tallyn

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 9 posts
  • LocationFaerin Island, New Aetherian Republic

Posted 19 July 2015 - 07:07 AM

I for one like the Shadow Cat's built-in eyepatch.

#262 Jack Shayu Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 07:54 AM

View PostOzealot, on 19 July 2015 - 01:34 AM, said:

Spoiler

Okay first Mr. Ozealot, if you want to talk about forum etiquette, you can start with cutting your post into multiple paragraphs. It would very much be appreciated.

Now, I have a sense of empathy, a large one actually, and if anyone's post in this topic is bitingly rude, it's the one you made just now. I have thrown zero condemnations at PGIs employees, I have only pleaded that they fix something that will be a performance issue with my favorite mech of all time.

I even went so far as to say that everything else was perfect. Another user even comically suggested that they had to make sure to put something wrong in the Shadowcat to keep us from dying from the hype; it's a really freaking cool mech!

You sir, on the other hand, have tried to condemn all of us who are trying to have an influence on our product that we paid good money for.

Let me explain something.

I have not made complaints on this forum to gain popularity and get likes on my posts; I've posted what I have (and have even made a twitter account) because I care immensely how the Shadowcat comes out and I have learned in my time playing online games that if you want changes made you have to be vocal about it, If you sit down and say nothing you have no-one to blame but yourself when things don't come out right.

We are not "throwing stones" at the developers. We have constructively identified a problem, the monitor stand, and ask that it be removed. It's as simple as that. We have not asked them to replace it, nor have we asked them to go through a complicated solution to fix it. Removing it should be a simple and nonstressful task.

Lastly praising achievement cannot come first unfortunately, if you do not point out problems when you see them, even for the sake of politeness, you hurt your chances of getting fixes done in a timely manner.

I don't hate or dislike the devs, I'm only trying to get my product fixed so it can be the best that it can be.

Edit: Ohyeah and as far as your comment about not seeing it in a good FoV, I play in 60 FoV, so this is what I will be looking at.

Edited by Jack Shayu Walker, 19 July 2015 - 07:58 AM.

#263 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 19 July 2015 - 08:16 AM

I wouldn't mind the monitors at all, if they actually did something. Just saying [ AUTO DETECT: NO ] is aggravating.

#264 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 08:20 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 19 July 2015 - 08:16 AM, said:

I wouldn't mind the monitors at all, if they actually did something. Just saying [ AUTO DETECT: NO ] is aggravating.

Yeah, I agree. If the monitors on that stand did something they'd still be in an annoying position but at least the SHC would have some kind of bittersweet advantage in some sense. The vital info would be the easiest to see compared to other mechs.

#265 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 19 July 2015 - 08:35 AM

View PostJack Shayu Walker, on 19 July 2015 - 08:20 AM, said:

Yeah, I agree. If the monitors on that stand did something they'd still be in an annoying position but at least the SHC would have some kind of bittersweet advantage in some sense. The vital info would be the easiest to see compared to other mechs.

Even if it's not vital info, if it at least showed something. Like the Griffon's kill counter, or heat sink counts, or ammo, or whatever. SOMETHING. I'd be happy with baby steps. But half a dozen completely non-functional monitors? Just rip them off.

#266 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 08:42 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 19 July 2015 - 08:35 AM, said:

Even if it's not vital info, if it at least showed something. Like the Griffon's kill counter, or heat sink counts, or ammo, or whatever. SOMETHING. I'd be happy with baby steps. But half a dozen completely non-functional monitors? Just rip them off.

:/ hit the nail on the head

#267 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 08:49 AM

I won't even notice the extra monitor past the first few seconds of gameplay.
Of course it would be even better if they actually did something ! :)

#268 Thell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 176 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:12 AM

I don't even understand the big deal about the monitors. Is it OCD?

#269 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:22 AM

View PostThell, on 19 July 2015 - 09:12 AM, said:

I don't even understand the big deal about the monitors. Is it OCD?

It's more about the fact that, on some mechs, they are very obstructive while serving no purpose to justify said obstruction.

#270 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:59 AM

Wee! First post to Day 2 :P Apparently someone felt guilty about Day 3, and posted early!

Wow, the Faction camo looks awesome on both mechs. The Arctic Cheetah is the first mech I've seen I actually like the Smoke Jag pattern on... Suitable for it's name... just gotta paint it orangish-yellow with black and white spots, and it'll be spot on for its namesake!

Both mechs look AMAZING in the Ghost Bear pattern, and the Wolf pattern is almost as good on both, too. Better on the Cheetah, IMHO.

And, oooh! Hey! That shot of the Cheetah in Wolf pattern is the C :D Now we know where that second energy hardpoint goes... I never would have put money on it going there... interesting choice.

And, we got our first peek at the Shadowcat B with the dual ERLLs on it. Too bad we can't tell where the energy hardpoint is on the right arm, whether it's off on the side, or if it replaces the Gauss. We've now seen all 4 variants of both chassis.

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 19 July 2015 - 10:08 AM.

#271 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 777 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:54 AM

Conspiracy theory: monitors are here to reduce total number of moving pixels, so frame rate is increased on weird coded HUD?

#272 Steve Pryde

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:05 AM

Jade Falcon, Smoke Jaguar and Ghost Bear camo looks awesome on both mechs.

#273 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,679 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:20 AM

Love the Jag pattern on the Shadow and Cheetah. That settles it for me. Jaguar Camouflage and content for me on the 21st release. :)

#274 gl0w

• PipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:20 AM

I look forward to the heavy queue being usable for a couple days. :)

Edited by gl0w, 19 July 2015 - 11:34 AM.

#275 Sevrid

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 66 posts
  • LocationMA

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:39 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 19 July 2015 - 04:45 AM, said:

For the love of god PLEASE stop putting those broken monitors into cockpits.

It is time PGI, something needs to be done with the monitors

Edited by Sevrid, 19 July 2015 - 11:39 AM.

#276 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:44 AM

View PostSevrid, on 19 July 2015 - 11:39 AM, said:

It is time PGI, something needs to be done with the monitors

Yep, IIIIIII'm waitin.

#277 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:46 AM

Opinion against opinion. As one of those who paid RL money, i must say im completely fine with the monitor, most ppl seem to complain about. Enjoy or refund.

Edited by MechB Kotare, 19 July 2015 - 11:49 AM.

#278 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 777 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:50 AM

Actually, monitors are scaring the living sheet out of me when my LRM boat is powering up and there is NO AMMUNITION LOADED displayed on my right sided cabin monitor...

Edited by ExoForce, 19 July 2015 - 11:51 AM.

#279 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 12:19 PM

View PostSteve Pryde, on 19 July 2015 - 11:05 AM, said:

Jade Falcon, Smoke Jaguar and Ghost Bear camo looks awesome on both mechs.

As much as i do like the falcon camo, it still suffers greatly from the "here's my centertorso, pls shoot me" yellow 3th. color placement.

#280 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 19 July 2015 - 12:42 PM

View PostMechB Kotare, on 19 July 2015 - 11:46 AM, said:

Opinion against opinion. As one of those who paid RL money, i must say im completely fine with the monitor, most ppl seem to complain about. Enjoy or refund.

It's not an "enjoy or refund" thing - I doubt anyone is so against them that they'd refund their purchase unless they were planning to anyways and where just looking for an excuse.

I think most of our objections is that there's so damn many, and in the field of view... But that wouldn't be so aggravating if they actually DID something, rather than just saying [ AUTODETECT: NO ] throughout the match. If they were functional - even if not useful - I think you'd see the bulk of the complaints vanish.

33 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 33 guests, 0 anonymous users