So Why Hasn't -Ms- Won? What Left Is There To Do?

News

165 replies to this topic

Poll: And the winner is.... (282 member(s) have cast votes)

Is it over? Who won?

1. Yes, -MS- (94 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Yes, Clan Wolf (25 votes [8.87%])

Percentage of vote: 8.87%

3. Yes, The Clans (29 votes [10.28%])

Percentage of vote: 10.28%

4. No (56 votes [19.86%])

Percentage of vote: 19.86%

5. I dont play CW / Dont care about CW (78 votes [27.66%])

Percentage of vote: 27.66%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 Iqfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:12 AM

View PostBSK, on 19 July 2015 - 10:48 AM, said:

Who cares?

I do.

It's pretty funny.

#102 Richter Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 601 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:02 PM

MS couldn't win their way out of a paper bag.

#103 Chemistrius

• PipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 47 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:28 PM

View PostRichter Kerensky, on 31 July 2015 - 01:02 PM, said:

I think you mean a wet paper bag...

#104 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:23 PM

I dunno seeing as how many planets they have lol.

#105 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:11 PM

They might be able to ghost drop their way out of it.

#106 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:54 PM

Ohh I see we have a new fan.

View PostMonkey Lover, on 31 July 2015 - 08:11 PM, said:

They might be able to ghost drop their way out of it.

How would I be rank 10+ in 5 factions if they were ghost drops?

#107 Richter Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 601 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 12:20 AM

View PostKin3ticX, on 31 July 2015 - 11:54 PM, said:

Hundreds upon hundreds of ghost drops.

#108 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 12:24 AM

View PostRichter Kerensky, on 01 August 2015 - 12:20 AM, said:

Hundreds upon hundreds of ghost drops.

Not even worth trying to counter

#109 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:59 AM

View PostKin3ticX, on 31 July 2015 - 11:54 PM, said:

Just a joke , ms is so large I can never tell what we will get. Some great players some bad ..

#110 Hades Trooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:17 AM

The problem is PGI promised this rich rewarding CW experience and has delivered a pile of crap.

Now only true die hards bother with it, i can tell you CSJ is almost dead as those who are interested in CW have either stop playing CW, don't care anymore due to a lack of anything rewarding coming from it or playing other games like War Thunder.

I know 2 full clans who now don't play CW but play War Thunder or Elite/Star Citizen now.

What does that tell you?

What is the point to it anymore?

#111 gloowa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 645 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:02 AM

this troll thread still alive after 3 weeks? good job.

#112 SolarCleric

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:24 AM

Its in Beta anyway...so the map will reset at some point. Good thing the mode is in beta too, because as it stands the mode is horrible. It's like weapons of mass destruction....something we wish we could dis-invent.

#113 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:13 PM

View PostKin3ticX, on 01 August 2015 - 12:24 AM, said:

Not even worth trying to counter

Ask king tony how -MS- drops against NKVA usually go.

Mercstar is a bloated corpse, fat and unresponsive, but fun to strike repeatedly. Ha ha ha.

Edited by Chef Kerensky, 07 August 2015 - 10:13 PM.

#114 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:49 AM

View PostChef Kerensky, on 07 August 2015 - 10:13 PM, said:

Ask king tony how -MS- drops against NKVA usually go.

Mercstar is a bloated corpse, fat and unresponsive, but fun to strike repeatedly. Ha ha ha.

fan

#115 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:08 AM

View PostRouken, on 19 July 2015 - 11:00 AM, said:

Why would the reset the map? The intent is to have the map be persistent. They reset it last time because some major changes had been made, not based on the progress of any given faction.

Because according to lore basicly now no clan will mess with clan wolf and the IS are already defeated and clan wolf should reign supreme. If anything the guys who were clan wolf at the time of this should have a huge prize. I mean seriously... free mechs could be nice... perhaps next time.

View PostBlueduck, on 19 July 2015 - 07:02 PM, said:

o7 to MS

With that said the tags can be misleading as it doesn't give the % of the split in terms of victories. Both CWI and SWOL were typically fielding 1-2 12 mans a night in support of the effort. Delta rolled a huge concentration of European players that allowed planets to be seized in that time zone. MS has a high concentration of skilled vets that were able to smash through the lines a lot quicker than our average group which has a mixed skill level of players. If you could see the split it would probably not be as dominant as the map might allude to in terms of being "only" an MS effort. They were a dominant force in the drive south but it took huge numbers on many different time zones to reach terra.

part of why I hate CW sometimes... as lon as 1 unit has 1% more 'effort' on a planet they get it under there name... which I fear when planets actually do something because even when a small merc group non stop drop on a planet and do pretty well it'll still be absorbed under the larger units.

#116 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:22 AM

View PostHades Trooper, on 02 August 2015 - 06:17 AM, said:

The problem is PGI promised this rich rewarding CW experience and has delivered a pile of crap.

Now only true die hards bother with it, i can tell you CSJ is almost dead as those who are interested in CW have either stop playing CW, don't care anymore due to a lack of anything rewarding coming from it or playing other games like War Thunder.

I know 2 full clans who now don't play CW but play War Thunder or Elite/Star Citizen now.

What does that tell you?

What is the point to it anymore?

It's funny how you mention War thunder and say that PGi's first stage of beta of CW is **** and judge that on the final product...

how's War Thunder navy that should have been released 2 years ago doing for ya?
or how's War Thunder World War Mode going?

Shall I even go into SC's many missing features or mentioned how many are very delayed?

Just saying... CW is being improved and Lone Wolfs, Merc companies, and Loyalists are being worked on and I assume 4.0 for CW will introduce meaning to planets and holding territory and other stuff and I hope by at least 5.0 that we get insignias and a system to promote faction specific mechs and demote non specific mechs (I mean very not-specific like having house Davion full of catapult K2's or grasshopers of Marik with Atlases or Jade falcon with ebon jaguars...)

As it stands it's pretty okay but the problem is premades and the interactions to pugs. best way to solve the problem would be simply removing premades from CW but that just creates more problems to the whole basis of what CW is... adding cap limits to premades would help and be lore-logical as well as make it an option to spend more c-bills from unit coffers to have bigger dropships/ more dropships to the unit to use to drop more people (so instead of 4 (free), you can drop 8). and 12 is only for when deffending a planet your unit owns (of course this should be after a map whipe).

Plenty of things are being considered, worked on , or suggested so do not act like it's the apocalypse.

Keep in mind not many people play a game for over 50 hours, 100 hours, or 300. after time some people go tired and move on, part of the human body and this thing known as dopamine. They may return- it may not.

From the start of MW: O, I have seen hundreds of units move on before CW even came around. but I saw some come back. (and even less go again). but the thing is I know a lot in WT as well that was around and gone- there are many iconic players too who no longer play (Including me... anyone give a wild guess who I am in WT? Hint: I like Lancasters...)

Part of human nature. do not pretend CW is being worked on and do not forget humans just like moving on and such... of course some lunatics like me like sticking around... god only knows how much hours I put into this game and money... because I don't!

#117 Ductus Hase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:25 AM

Clans set themselves Terra as the objective and expect the IS to surrender?
Hilarious - plz consider while Terra is an important objective to us, it´s far from the main objective.

We will live free - or die doing so.

#118 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:57 AM

View PostDuctus Hase, on 08 August 2015 - 04:25 AM, said:

Clans set themselves Terra as the objective and expect the IS to surrender?
Hilarious - plz consider while Terra is an important objective to us, it´s far from the main objective.

We will live free - or die doing so.

It's a political unconditional surrender. Look at most IRL wars... WWI, WWII, Second Sino War, etc... the prize or the final event is the capture of the capital.

At this point: the inner sphere lost. It's now clan wolf territory and basicly from this point on there will be a rapid land grab into house Steiner and Kurita while FRR are no longer existent. The power void will force the IS resistance to collapse in on itself so to say and Kurtia, Liao, and Davion will soon follow where Davion is the most probable last man standing.- excluding the worlds outside of the IS that isn't in clan territory.

And then after that the SLDF is reformed and the IS will no longer be at war (after possible few years of resistance and civil war).

Of course the most likely outcome after this will the the Trail of annihilation to Clan Smoke Jaguar and that may be the last confrontation in this alt history.

Remember that it is more then just Terra, it's the symbolism behind it and the fact that clan wolf became the ilclan and the new ilkhan is basicly the ruler of the entire IS at this point... judging from future clan wolf to IS relationships in cannon lore- this new SLDF and Inner sphere won't be that bad, Davions and Steiner in particular will be the firsts to warm up to this and probably be the main supporters of the new clan wolf occupation.

While marik and kurita may not like it that much.... liao only wanted to be left alone and post clan invasion this would be done. After some clan mindsets fill in you now got a united inner sphere.

of course this may be up to 3060 in estimation and probably the outcasts of the IS will retreat to the rim worlds where they will be ignored...

(PS: don't forget that house steiner is the majority of Inner sphere future clansman often joining there ranks and switching to the side of the clans... the "die doing so" will probably never happen unless it's house kurita.... there honour code and such may we'll... cause not expected resaults...)(

#119 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:18 AM

Wolf is IlClan?

Vlad is Khan of Wolf... Vlad is IlKhan, Ruler of Inner Sphere.

I will allow this.

Edited by Vlad Ward, 08 August 2015 - 05:19 AM.

#120 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 06:45 AM

Thanks to the new overlay, MS took over Steiner, the actual Clan invasion is now aimed at New Avalon.

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users