ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:20 PM

View PostCathy, on 24 July 2015 - 11:40 AM, said:

thats why I voted for the BM in the first stage of the redesign size, shape, and frankly I don't see why we didn't get this in the first place, afte all its not a H.G mech

and it made no sense because a rescale won't change a thing about how it looks.

#122 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:21 PM

View PostRedDragon, on 24 July 2015 - 11:52 AM, said:

*sigh* Here we go. Another mech pack before they add actual content.

If you see this as just "another mech pack", then I feel very sorry for you. When I see THAT Marauder, I am transferred back over 20 years, In my minds eye I see Grayson Carlyle on Verthandi fighting to free Lori. I feel the rage over Comstar's actions in the Tiantan Massacre, and the despite struggle to get the Helm Memory Core off the planet. My opponent is Duke Hassid Ricol, and I am fighting the good fight all over again...

It is so much more than "another mech pack"....

#123 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:23 PM

View PostQuxudica, on 24 July 2015 - 11:01 AM, said:

Visuals aside, it would probably be an awful mech performance wise in MWO.

8 energy hardpoints, 2 ballistics and a missile? Yeah, they aren't super high hill humping mounts, but not sure I see "awful".

#124 Nathan Foxbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:23 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 24 July 2015 - 08:35 AM, said:

Posted Image

not a knock on Alex's redesign, as he had some pretty tough parameters to fill.... but......
do
want

THAT is a Battlemaster.

Stylistically and considering the color palette Alex often used for his old art on his DA page it actually looks a lot like Alex's work.

Still cannot unsee that dead kitten armor Alex.

Edited by Nathan Foxbane, 24 July 2015 - 12:24 PM.

#125 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:26 PM

View Post1453 R, on 24 July 2015 - 11:07 AM, said:

There's a difference between licensing movie rights that will reinforce the strength of your franchise, and thus the strength of your original copywrong, to a megagagglegigacorp that could armwrestle you into the ground with their toes, and finally losing a legal battle against the current holders of an IP Harmony Gold has been trying to sabotage, strangle, and otherwise kill off for decades.

Nobody says no to Sony. I'm absolutely certain HG is going to do everything in its power to say no to CGL. It'll be interesting to see whether that original beyond-messed-up copywrong of HG's has eroded enough by now that CGL can finally beat it and get their blasted 'Mechs back.

Me? I'm hopeful. Copyright cases have been getting more and more heated as of recent times, with more public pressure being applied against obviously criminal misapplication of copywrong law (and by 'criminal' I mean 'offensive to any right-thinking individual', not legally criminal). Harmony Gold's been polluting the Robotech franchise for, what? Forty years now? They've been damaging BattleTech's business for just as long. It's time and more than time that somebody finally laid knuckle to HG's jaw and said "KNOCK THIS HORSE P!SS OFF AND PLAY FAIR ALREADY."

I am eagerly awaiting the courts' decisions and hoping they will concur.

Considering the past nature of litigation and such, between HG and all things Btech, I don't think it's a stretch to assume, HG is already well aware. I don't see a company under Topps ownership just jumping in halfcocked. Perhaps something was revealed in the recent HG/Hasbro thing that they were able to capitalize on?

#126 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:28 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 24 July 2015 - 12:26 PM, said:

Considering the past nature of litigation and such, between HG and all things Btech, I don't think it's a stretch to assume, HG is already well aware. I don't see a company under Topps ownership just jumping in halfcocked. Perhaps something was revealed in the recent HG/Hasbro thing that they were able to capitalize on?

What HG/Hasbro thing is that exactly? Do you mean the SDCC GI JOE fighter thing?

#127 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:30 PM

One super amazing bonus is that if this all works out, we can get a Marauder - Bounty Hunter as a Hero.

Throw in an Archer - Jaime Wolf (a Morgan Kell version would work as well), and a Warhammer - Yorinaga Kurita, etc. Lore has a whole slew of prime Hero options for these most classic of mechs.

#128 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:31 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 24 July 2015 - 12:26 PM, said:

One could always hope - as we've all been hoping for 25 years or so that HG just up and died already.

Either way, I'm with you in thinking HG is already well aware; either a deal has been cut, or they're scrambling to litigate as per usual.

I'm thinking either Sony or MS has paid HG a visit already, either with a large check or a "word of caution"...

#129 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:33 PM

View Poststjobe, on 24 July 2015 - 12:31 PM, said:

One could always hope - as we've all been hoping for 25 years or so that HG just up and died already.

Either way, I'm with you in thinking HG is already well aware; either a deal has been cut, or they're scrambling to litigate as per usual.

I'm thinking either Sony or MS has paid HG a visit already, either with a large check or a "word of caution"...

Please let it be so.

I need my Stingers. (They'll suck. I don't care)

#130 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:34 PM

View PostMoenrg, on 24 July 2015 - 11:39 AM, said:

This looks like a serious win-win scenario for PGI. Let Catalyst Labs float the trial balloon and see if HG really wants to fight this to the death. I'm no lawyer, from what I've read HG has not been winning the court cases, just winning the expense battles. Perhaps this will be the real "end".

As a person who has read the GDL trilogy, many, many times, that Marauder is a very welcome sight for sore eyes.

You also have to wonder (ok, maybe hope), if, just if, a Judge might have lapped any cease and desist on HG finally, after their last bout?

#131 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:34 PM

View PostTerciel1976, on 24 July 2015 - 12:33 PM, said:

I need my Stingers. (They'll suck. I don't care)

I'll fight you in my Wasps, they'll suck just as bad. And like you, I won't care :)

#132 Mavairo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:35 PM

View Poststjobe, on 24 July 2015 - 12:31 PM, said:

If Sony or MS that did it, it was probably more like "do it and we bury you." rather than a word of caution.

#133 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:36 PM

View PostKristov Kerensky, on 24 July 2015 - 12:13 PM, said:

Actually, the Widowmaker Mechs would be the packages to sell. Warhammer, Marauder, Crusader, Archer, Wasp, Stinger, Rifleman, and Phoenix Hawk. There's also a Griffin in there, but we already have ingame, but they could include the Windowmaker Camo for the Griffin in the package. This is the 3025 composition of the Windowmakers, the 3031 composition is even larger and includes more Mechs we don't have including Unseen, so they could actually do MULTIPLE Windowmaker packages. Yeah, I know, doing PGI's PR work for them, but who cares, these are Mechs we haven't had in a MW game since MW2.

There was no "widowmakers" in 3025. Just the Blackwidow Company, later in the 3030s, the Black Widow Battalion. After Natasha left, they became the Wolf Spider Battalion.

#134 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts

View PostMavairo, on 24 July 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

If Sony or MS that did it, it was probably more like "do it and we bury you." rather than a word of caution.

Hence the quotes around the phrase... That IS what a "word of caution" from those two mean, after all.

#135 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

View Poststjobe, on 24 July 2015 - 12:34 PM, said:

I'll fight you in my Wasps, they'll suck just as bad. And like you, I won't care :)

Done and done! :D

#136 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 24 July 2015 - 12:30 PM, said:

One super amazing bonus is that if this all works out, we can get a Marauder - Bounty Hunter as a Hero.

Throw in an Archer - Jaime Wolf (a Morgan Kell version would work as well), and a Warhammer - Yorinaga Kurita, etc. Lore has a whole slew of prime Hero options for these most classic of mechs.

Screw Yorinaga, I want the REAL Widowmaker. (Not like Natasha's using it in 3050 anyways.)

#137 Kristian Radoulov

Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 611 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:37 PM

YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!

#138 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:38 PM

View Post1453 R, on 24 July 2015 - 11:42 AM, said:

Are you folks really that attached to that monstrously oversized, please-God-shoot-me-now bad scifi movie bubblehead?

Because frankly that's the only major difference I can see between the two, other than the pistol, and I will stand by my opinion that Alex's rework is a much more interesting war machine than Fishtank 'Fro up there.

I'll take the fishbowl.

View PostRedDragon, on 24 July 2015 - 11:52 AM, said:

*sigh* Here we go. Another mech pack before they add actual content.

in this case, it would be worth it.....for any TRUE Battletech/Warhammer Fan. You know, the people this game was supposed to be aimed at and meant for?

#139 Mavairo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:39 PM

View Poststjobe, on 24 July 2015 - 12:36 PM, said:

Hence the quotes around the phrase... That IS what a "word of caution" from those two mean, after all.

I hope to the gaming gods that this happened.
If ever there was a company that needs to be buried by MS or Sony, it's definitely Harmony Gold.

#140 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:41 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 24 July 2015 - 12:36 PM, said:

There was no "widowmakers" in 3025. Just the Blackwidow Company, later in the 3030s, the Black Widow Battalion. After Natasha left, they became the Wolf Spider Battalion.

And in my BattleTech universe, they're just regular (welll, rather exceptional, but you get what I mean) IS mercenaries.

None of that Clan retcon for me, thanks ;)

Posted Image
(Tales of the Black Widow Company, 1985)

Edited by stjobe, 24 July 2015 - 12:42 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users