• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:19 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 24 July 2015 - 08:11 AM, said:

well, am already downloading my Beta PDF, lol

Cant wait for the TRO though....but that Battlemaster is a proper Battlemaster!

INDEED. I'm excited!

#23 Murphy7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Also, on a related subject, if the remaining unseen did come to MWO, how do you all think the Stinger/Wasp/Valkyrie would be handled? I imagine they'd need some serious hard-point inflation to be useful.

Stinger and Wasp would suffer more for their being 20 tons and not very durable, but some entertaining quirks could make them cool. "+100% JJ thrust/imulse" as a nod to the LAMs would be niche and hilarious, but hardly game breaking.

I kind of hope they would retain the SRM2 in the left leg of the Wasp, just have it fire from the hip. Looking more broadly at it, the Crusader would be fantastic if the leg mounted missile racks could be figured out.

I think the Valkyrie might suffer the most from MW:O; it would need a generous engine limit I think.

#24 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

https://twitter.com/...613894745513984

#25 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:23 AM

View PostMurphy7, on 24 July 2015 - 08:19 AM, said:

Stinger and Wasp would suffer more for their being 20 tons and not very durable, but some entertaining quirks could make them cool. "+100% JJ thrust/imulse" as a nod to the LAMs would be niche and hilarious, but hardly game breaking.

I kind of hope they would retain the SRM2 in the left leg of the Wasp, just have it fire from the hip. Looking more broadly at it, the Crusader would be fantastic if the leg mounted missile racks could be figured out.

I think the Valkyrie might suffer the most from MW:O; it would need a generous engine limit I think.

Well, they should also be sub-Spider in scale and hitbox, meaning, hard to hit. Make them agile, give them crazy good jumping quirks, and agility buffs. Locust is already pesky, the Wasp and Stinger might be less armed, but could be jsut as annoying, I think.

But a properly hardpoint inflated PXH? I would probably have my perma-Mech. And I would enjoy playing Heavies again with that selection, especially come SMM.

#26 Alan Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:25 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 24 July 2015 - 08:23 AM, said:

Well, they should also be sub-Spider in scale and hitbox, meaning, hard to hit. Make them agile, give them crazy good jumping quirks, and agility buffs. Locust is already pesky, the Wasp and Stinger might be less armed, but could be jsut as annoying, I think.

But a properly hardpoint inflated PXH? I would probably have my perma-Mech. And I would enjoy playing Heavies again with that selection, especially come SMM.

Why would the Phoenix Hawk need hardpoint inflation? It's already got a Large Laser, 2 Mediums and 2 Machine guns, that's a pretty good spread right there... Those boosters though, would need some major JJ quirks. :D

#27 BarHaid

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,069 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:27 AM

Ohhhhhh, I am going to swoon, thinking about all this. Jump jet/sensor quirks for the little guys, armor/lock-on quirks for the Valk.... The possibilities. :wub:

#28 Malleus011

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:28 AM

I want those. Now.

#29 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:32 AM

View PostAlan Davion, on 24 July 2015 - 08:25 AM, said:

Why would the Phoenix Hawk need hardpoint inflation? It's already got a Large Laser, 2 Mediums and 2 Machine guns, that's a pretty good spread right there... Those boosters though, would need some major JJ quirks. :D

2 MG are useless in MWO, and that's a total of 5 hardpoints.... pretty strapped. the ability to pack 4 MG, along with 3+ Energy, would be ideal and finally fulfill the promise the Arrow hints at.

#30 Damien Tokala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 788 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:35 AM

Am I the only one who thinks that the recent shadow cat P variant is a test bed for machine gun arrays, as opposed to just one MG per mount?

I can dream... Can't I?

#31 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

View PostCycKath, on 24 July 2015 - 07:39 AM, said:

OP

That looks... acceptable.

Edited by Satan n stuff, 24 July 2015 - 08:36 AM.

#32 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted Image

not a knock on Alex's redesign, as he had some pretty tough parameters to fill.... but......
do
want

THAT is a Battlemaster.

#33 Damien Tokala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 788 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:43 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 24 July 2015 - 08:35 AM, said:

Posted Image

not a knock on Alex's redesign, as he had some pretty tough parameters to fill.... but......
do
want

THAT is a Battlemaster.

Ours really doesn't have a bubble dome does it... Depressing.

Oddly enough, battlemasters have been proving difficult for me lately... As if they're just massive walls of pain

#34 Murphy7

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:45 AM

2 MG are useless in MWO, and that's a total of 5 hardpoints.... pretty strapped. the ability to pack 4 MG, along with 3+ Energy, would be ideal and finally fulfill the promise the Arrow hints at.

It's not as if there aren't enough variants to work from: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Phoenix_Hawk

Quad machine guns would be fun; additional energy in the arms could make this thing a real beast - a bigger, meaner Ember.

#35 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:46 AM

As someone who never played TT, I don't care too much about the Unseen. Heresy, I know. But the original Rifleman IIC is the drop dead sexiest mech of the bunch.

I need it.

#36 Damien Tokala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 788 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:47 AM

View PostMurphy7, on 24 July 2015 - 08:45 AM, said:

Quad machine guns would be fun; additional energy in the arms could make this thing a real beast - a bigger, meaner Ember.

Embers are scary enough already. Stop thinking of scary things.

#37 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:50 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 24 July 2015 - 08:46 AM, said:

As someone who never played TT, I don't care too much about the Unseen. Heresy, I know. But the original Rifleman IIC is the drop dead sexiest mech of the bunch.

I need it.

Well, with the start of the IIC mechs coming into MWO, and this new push on the good old remaining unseen, you may very well at some point get your wish.

#38 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,694 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:51 AM

Warhammer, Rifleman,Crusaders oh my!
Wallet dump mode: Initiiated.

#39 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:52 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 24 July 2015 - 08:35 AM, said:

do
want

THAT is a Battlemaster.

Honestly like Alex's Battlemaster more, everywhere except the pistol. That pistol-PPC is very nice, but Alex's rework is more...more.

Anyways.

What's going to happen is that CGL is about to find themselves infested with a thousand bloody-fanged lawyers, wielding the dread blades Cease and the sorrowful blades Desist, all seeking to carve this bold initiative into ruin.

What that means is that CGL seems to be gearing up to finally have that legal battle that somebody has needed to have with Harmony Gold(iggers) for ages now, and we might finally see the breaking of the deadlock. After all, if CGL wins the inevitable court case on this one, then any MWO reworks - or any anyone-else's reworks - can simply be based off CGL's new designs, not infringing on HG's bleak and endarkened copyrights, jealously guarded long past the point where they caused ought but harm.

If CGL loses, of course, then we can basically wave good-bye to the Unseen forever.

Do whatever you guys can to back CGL on this. Hell, someone point to the link to download this stuff - I don't TT but I may as well add to their userbase list. The more the beta gets distributed, the more cat winds up out of the bag, and the harder it'll be for Harmony Gold to put a lid on it.

#40 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:55 AM

If nothing else this makes the IIC versions of the unseens a lot more likely

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Tennex, 24 July 2015 - 09:07 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users