Battletech Pc

315 replies to this topic

#21 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:35 AM

Can't wait for a non-f2p BattleTech game, the way its mean to be. Hell Yes.

And the artwork looks like they took inspiration, but most people forget is that the artist for MWO also works for Catalyst Game Labs... so I don't really think of it as "using MWO art" but rather the latest styles adopted by the latest Technical Readouts by Catalyst.

Edited by General Taskeen, 29 July 2015 - 06:38 AM.

#22 MoonfireSpam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 209 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:39 AM

In before y'all kick up a whinestorm because it doesn't meet your exact expectations of what the Battletech franchise means to you.

Edited by MoonfireSpam, 29 July 2015 - 06:39 AM.

#23 Cattra Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, Canada

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:41 AM

View PostMoonfireSpam, on 29 July 2015 - 06:39 AM, said:

In before y'all kick up a whinestorm because it doesn't meet your exact expectations of what the Battletech franchise means to you.

Nah we got a honeymoon period before that. ;)

#24 Shredhead

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:42 AM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 29 July 2015 - 06:35 AM, said:

Can't wait for a non-f2p BattleTech game, the way its mean to be. Hell Yes.

And the artwork looks like they took inspiration, but most people forget is that the artist for MWO also works for Catalyst Game Labs... so I don't really think of it as "using MWO art" but rather the latest styles adopted by the latest Technical Readouts by Catalyst.

It's not "inspired", the Locust for example is 1:1 the MWO Locust. And these artworks do belong to PGI, so I guess they licensed them. Russ is a huge supporter of HBS and even has his name in Shadowrun. They know each other, and I guess it weren't really difficult negotiations.

#25 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:44 AM

Stupidly excited. The watching a friend play the original Mech Commander as a kid is what got me into the series.

So I'm thinking matchmaking is going to be rough in MWO the day this comes out.

#26 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:47 AM

I might support it on Kickstarter, I might like it, might. As long as it comes as a full game and not micro transaction crap like Mechwarrior Tactics I'll at least buy it.

#27 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:48 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 29 July 2015 - 06:00 AM, said:

http://t.co/ipzqAXCSrk

Just leaked by Catalyst. Turn based. Also, it appears (though currently unconfirmed) that the art style for MWO and this is shared. Very cool!

http://www.gameinfor...this-fall-.aspx

Back in May, we spoke with Jordan Weisman and Mitch Gitelman of Harebrained Schemes. During our chat, we asked about other upcoming projects at the studio and were told that another of Weisman’s older IPs was under consideration.

Our guesses were Battletech or Crimson Skies, and today we know which. Harebrained Schemes is asking fans to help make Battletech a reality once more.

The Kickstarter will launch this fall for funding of a new, turn-based game set in the world of giant, armed-to-the-teeth mechs. When Harebrained Schemes last ventured to Kickstarter for Shadowrun: Hong Kong, it adopted a matured crowdfunding model.

The studio had base funding to make the game, but asked fans to contribute funds in order to make it a bigger, meatier game. Given the language in the media alert, we suspect the same model will be in play for Battletech when Harebrained Schemes begins to seek assistance later this year.

As for Shadowrun: Hong Kong, it will arrive on August 20. This makes the gap between crowdfunding completion and release a mere six months, delivering on the promise to release the latest installment this summer.

Posted Image

Just saw this on my Instagram feed. I may have soiled myself. Bad news for PGI, officially no Origins Pack for me, as I must save for this kickstarter.

#28 Cattra Kell

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:49 AM

View PostImperius, on 29 July 2015 - 06:47 AM, said:

I might support it on Kickstarter, I might like it, might. As long as it comes as a full game and not micro transaction crap like Mechwarrior Tactics I'll at least buy it.

I'm throwing down on it - the Shadowrun games were great. Hopefully more info soon about it.

#29 Agent 0 Fortune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:50 AM

Interesting. The first turn based mechwarrior game in two decades, except for MWT and megamek.
I want to get excited, but this is just the pre-kickstarter announcement, and I still have a hundred dollar hole in my pocket thanks to MWT.

I probably should be more enthused, I do like harebrained schemes work, Bill Randalls, and MWO mech designs. I guess it depends on where the timeline lands and if it has campaign modes, single player, and follows the battletech ruleset.

Edited by Agent 0 Fortune, 29 July 2015 - 06:52 AM.

#30 Cattra Kell

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:51 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 29 July 2015 - 06:48 AM, said:

Just saw this on my Instagram feed. I may have soiled myself. Bad news for PGI, officially no Origins Pack for me, as I must save for this kickstarter.

Not necessarily bad - probably a bad month for PGI when the game comes out - but im guessing it will be a single player game so people will probably gravitate back to MWO for multiplayer mechs. Still hyped though. Want more info and I want more info now.

Edited by Cattra Kell, 29 July 2015 - 06:51 AM.

#31 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:52 AM

View PostCattra Kell, on 29 July 2015 - 06:51 AM, said:

Not necessarily bad - probably a bad month for PGI when the game comes out - but im guessing it will be a single player game so people will probably gravitate back to MWO for multiplayer mechs. Still hyped though. Want more info and I want more info now.

Maybe not that bad for PGI even then. If Hairbrained negotiated with Russ for some MWO art assets, PGI is probably getting a %.

#32 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:52 AM

View PostImperius, on 29 July 2015 - 06:47 AM, said:

Oh God... I'm Concerned™ now. I just instantly assumed this would be a normal single purchase game. The idea that it might be "F2P" after MWO's model or similar MW:Tactics didn't occur to me. I just want a Battletech game I can pay for, with a singleplayer and a multiplayer component, just like the good old days. :(

#33 Cattra Kell

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:54 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 29 July 2015 - 06:52 AM, said:

Oh God... I'm Concerned™ now. I just instantly assumed this would be a normal single purchase game. The idea that it might be "F2P" after MWO's model or similar MW:Tactics didn't occur to me. I just want a Battletech game I can pay for, with a singleplayer and a multiplayer component, just like the good old days. :(

Don't get too worked up yet about it. No need to panic. Just wait for more info :)

Edited by Cattra Kell, 29 July 2015 - 06:54 AM.

#34 Neathdrawls

• PipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 44 posts

YEAH. This is going to be great. Hopefully.

If HBS is going to do the storyline, and with turn based squad combat, it might be almost similiar to Shadowrun Returns.

#35 orcrist86

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon Institute of Science

I was going to get the 2c hunchie... Might have to splurge

#36 keith

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:00 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 29 July 2015 - 06:52 AM, said:

or think the worse. the 2 games have connected accounts. to play the game u must grind out stuff in MWO to play in new TT game, muhahah. ow the evil that would be.

#37 NephyrisX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:05 AM

I REALLY like that they used MWO's art assets.

Say what you want about MWO, but the one thing that undisputedly positive about MWO is the gorgeous artwork, and I am glad that they are using Alex's work for their upcoming Kickstarter.

#38 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:06 AM

I see it as what I did with Tactics. Used as a mini-game while queuing up at 12mans or playing in lab.

Edited by HammerMaster, 29 July 2015 - 07:06 AM.

#39 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:07 AM

View PostCattra Kell, on 29 July 2015 - 06:54 AM, said:

Don't get too worked up yet about it. No need to panic. Just wait for more info :)

Posted Image

#40 Obelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 275 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:07 AM

New game sounds interesting. May back it.

However I've always wished a PC game studio would take a serious crack at doing Battletech: Succession Wars.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users