Dev Vlog #13 - Mech Select And Spectator Talk!

65 replies to this topic

#41 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 677 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:22 PM

I am happy with the new Mech selection UI though.

#42 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:48 PM

View Postzzoxx, on 05 August 2015 - 04:17 AM, said:

Thanks for the intel IraqiWalker. That's too bad. I'll get a piece of wood, some paint and lock myself up to the workshop til it's done ;)

Check this thread for some fun inspiration
http://mwomercs.com/...hs-by-hitman85/

View PostJoe Decker, on 05 August 2015 - 05:12 AM, said:

Any Chance that the Select Settings are not resetted after a Match ?

It's in the patch notes, posted on the 3rd. They didn't have the time to implement all the features, and one of the ones coming on the next patch is the filter permanency.

View PostAlexander Garden, on 05 August 2015 - 10:32 AM, said:

I've removed any comments that are unrelated to the topic or are otherwise inappropriate.

Please keep this thread on-topic.

Thank you.

Edited by Alexander Garden, 05 August 2015 - 04:31 PM.

#43 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:57 PM

As for the mech select screen it looks pretty awesome, and depressing. Awesome in that I can see all my mechs nicely and neatly, depressing in that I own so many mechs I don't use.

#44 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:59 PM

View PostDeadfire, on 05 August 2015 - 02:57 PM, said:

I own so many mechs I don't use.

I know right?

#45 Gumon Choji

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 206 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:40 PM

Feedback

I like the new implementation. My paint makes a difference now, an important difference.
Things to make it better.
1. Favorites- let me select my favorites as a list.
2. Include Engine rating and if it XL- we all want this. To find engines.
3. Make the weapon location on the bottom to scroll down to. so we can find modules.
4. Let premium members use the floating camera on the testing grounds.

-Stuff unrelated I want. Punching/kicking/axes. Just silly fun and why we have hands.
-Wreck tanks for fun when waiting for match. A few c bills and a warm up prior to the fight.
-The 228 is nice but seriously advertising the largest team in the game. You may want to rethink this. As a business decision.
-How is DX 12 support? I am sure Microsoft put a rider in your contract about this. Thus I am excited to see it.
-Excited to see new water features on forest. The old waterfalls can overwhelm a cross fired 290xs. Lame but true. It is where I tested system stability.
-target reticule still eats resources. better but still could be improved.
-Wish the radar could zoom in and out.
-A story for each faction is a good idea. There must be some authors from the universe you could hire for once a month updates that are faction specific. It is all about short commission pieces. Make it an exclusive of premium time. To offset the cost. Could do a pole to see how many would get premium time if they got fluff in exchange.

#46 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:29 PM

View PostGofer, on 05 August 2015 - 11:24 AM, said:

With all due respect, Mr. Moderator Garden Sir...

We take reports of cheating seriously, and we take any necessary action against the reported accounts after a period of investigation.
Simply submitting reports about a player or unit you suspect of cheating doesn't amount to sufficient proof, nor is the final determination based simply on the number of reports received.
The posts that I removed in this thread regarding 228 amounted to name-and-shaming, in violation of the Code of Conduct, or otherwise constituted excessively off-topic posts.
You're correct that the other post you referenced contained content that deserved to be moderated under the same inappropriate grounds as the others, so I have unapproved that post. I've also gone through and cleaned up some other posts, but have kept some posts intact so there's at least some level of context here.

Now getting back on topic, it's great that everyone has been introduced to Jason Doritoherty. As mentioned in the Patch Notes, we have additional improvements to the UI and Select 'Mech screens coming in future updates!

#47 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:57 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 05 August 2015 - 04:29 PM, said:

Now getting back on topic, it's great that everyone has been introduced to Jason Doritoherty. As mentioned in the Patch Notes, we have additional improvements to the UI and Select 'Mech screens coming in future updates!

I don't think this is something you yourself can do, but could someone ask Jason how difficult it would be (coding-wise) to implement a favorites list for mechs? I think it's a nice feature, and many would enjoy it, I just don't see it as necessary enough to deserve a thread in the Feature Suggestions forum.

#48 Varhait

Archivarius

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 9,698 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:04 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 05 August 2015 - 10:32 AM, said:

Please keep this thread on-topic.

Any chance to get transcription?

#49 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:48 PM

View PostDeadfire, on 05 August 2015 - 02:57 PM, said:

As for the mech select screen it looks pretty awesome, and depressing. Awesome in that I can see all my mechs nicely and neatly, depressing in that I own so many mechs I don't use.

It was depressing finding out the only chassis I don't own are the Executioner and Wolverine.. ..three of each (min). Stil have 6 mechbays free, I think its a calling. Maybe I need more stalker/highlander variants I wont use... :ph34r:

#50 Gernot von Kurzmann

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:45 AM

I HATE this new view
Dev Vlog #13

1.) you see your mechs not like their camo is. Only 2 mechs i see like i built them!

2.) you have no overview now for your modules in the mech and must hard search them.

3.) The other view before dev Vlog 13 was 1000x better than that ****!

my opinion.

greetings!

PS: I hope tthey will remove this *xxxxx* so soon as well.

OK now i know i must save my camo each mech new to see them - point 1.) is finished.

But PLEASE make an overview about all mech and the modules i built in!!!! :)

Edited by Gernot von Kurzmann, 06 August 2015 - 12:56 AM.

#51 NeoCodex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 799 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:46 AM

Since you are reading this topic, can you please forward this to the Devs, it's probably not on Jason since he's just a designer but:

Make the Mech Select remember our setting when we go in and out of match!

It makes setting the filters up completely useless, if I am, say, grinding my new clan heavies today, I have nicely set up the grid to "Clan" and "Heavy" so it's a fast pick in between matches when I want to switch. But no, all the settings are reset - even the mech details window with quirks and modules - I have to pop it up again, and click to hide paper doll again, so I can see my modules between every single game. It was a good move that you can hide certain elements of the details window, but it loses it's meaning if the setting resets every time you come back from a game.

If you could make the view and filter settings to save (or just give the option to show the quirks/modules windows there to be permanent).. that would be stellar! ^^ Right now it still takes a lot of time because filters keep reseting. All this work you put into them, they are negated by the frontend because it doesn't want to remember my settings!

feelsbadman, sadpanda, sad sad :(

Also +1 that the vlogs are huge cringefest, but at least they're trying. I hope they get better at it, maybe try to get more relaxed and maybe take more time it always feels rushed and because of it akward. The Vlog#12 was pretty good because it was longer and everyone eventually warmed up, the energy was good. It's hard to make good interview in just 5-10 minutes and cut it off.

Edited by NeoCodex, 06 August 2015 - 01:04 AM.

#52 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:45 AM

View PostGernot von Kurzmann, on 06 August 2015 - 12:45 AM, said:

I HATE this new view
Dev Vlog #13

1.) you see your mechs not like their camo is. Only 2 mechs i see like i built them!

2.) you have no overview now for your modules in the mech and must hard search them.

3.) The other view before dev Vlog 13 was 1000x better than that ****!

my opinion.

greetings!

PS: I hope tthey will remove this *xxxxx* so soon as well.

OK now i know i must save my camo each mech new to see them - point 1.) is finished.

But PLEASE make an overview about all mech and the modules i built in!!!! :)

You know. You could save yourself a lot of posting time, if you just actually use the UI. I put a screen cap in the spoiler. Look at it, and tell me you don't see the modules installed on my mech in there.

Spoiler

Module view was NEVER removed with this new UI. So that's point 2 knocked out as well.

It's literally the first thing you can do when you select a mech. Just click the "mech details" button in the lower right when you select a mech.

Do you see the big "Collapse all" button in the top left? Click that, and you have the same view as we did before this last patch. Point 3 is also knocked out.

All you needed to do was read the patch notes, or use the UI yourself.

View PostNeoCodex, on 06 August 2015 - 12:46 AM, said:

Since you are reading this topic, can you please forward this to the Devs, it's probably not on Jason since he's just a designer but:

Make the Mech Select remember our setting when we go in and out of match!

It makes setting the filters up completely useless, if I am, say, grinding my new clan heavies today, I have nicely set up the grid to "Clan" and "Heavy" so it's a fast pick in between matches when I want to switch. But no, all the settings are reset - even the mech details window with quirks and modules - I have to pop it up again, and click to hide paper doll again, so I can see my modules between every single game. It was a good move that you can hide certain elements of the details window, but it loses it's meaning if the setting resets every time you come back from a game.

If you could make the view and filter settings to save (or just give the option to show the quirks/modules windows there to be permanent).. that would be stellar! ^^ Right now it still takes a lot of time because filters keep reseting. All this work you put into them, they are negated by the frontend because it doesn't want to remember my settings!

feelsbadman, sadpanda, sad sad :(

Also +1 that the vlogs are huge cringefest, but at least they're trying. I hope they get better at it, maybe try to get more relaxed and maybe take more time it always feels rushed and because of it akward. The Vlog#12 was pretty good because it was longer and everyone eventually warmed up, the energy was good. It's hard to make good interview in just 5-10 minutes and cut it off.

Read the patch notes. They said this on the 3rd. They didn't have the time to implement filter permanency, but it's coming on the next patch, which is on the 18th? I believe.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 06 August 2015 - 02:49 AM.

#53 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:29 AM

1) Wasn't grumpy or not paying attention
2) Was VERY tired and was asked last minute to do this
3) I was focusing on keeping a straight face because SOMEONE in that interview kept saying weird things that would make us laugh. Hint: "So Paul... tell us about the spec...tay....ter.. tool"... Paul: "What the hell is a spec... tay... ter?" Don't ask me why SHE spaced it out like that mid question/answer. Won't point a finger but the person's name rhymes with Tina Benoit.
4) Grumpy Cat comparison.. I can deal with that. :P

#54 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:37 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 06 August 2015 - 10:29 AM, said:

1) Wasn't grumpy or not paying attention 2) Was VERY tired and was asked last minute to do this 3) I was focusing on keeping a straight face because SOMEONE in that interview kept saying weird things that would make us laugh. Hint: "So Paul... tell us about the spec...tay....ter.. tool"... Paul: "What the hell is a spec... tay... ter?" Don't ask me why SHE spaced it out like that mid question/answer. Won't point a finger but the person's name rhymes with Tina Benoit. 4) Grumpy Cat comparison.. I can deal with that. :P

Posted Image

#55 Ascaloth

NUMERO UM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 569 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:46 AM

Posted Image

(I'm kidding, don't hate me i love u all)

#56 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:52 AM

View PostAscaloth, on 06 August 2015 - 10:46 AM, said:

Posted Image (I'm kidding, don't hate me i love u all)

Posted Image

#57 Ascaloth

NUMERO UM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 569 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:55 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 06 August 2015 - 10:52 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#58 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:35 PM

Posted Image

Someone was going to do it so I'll beat y'all to it.

#59 Jelik

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:05 PM

Great work guys, love it

#60 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:03 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 06 August 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

Posted Image

Someone was going to do it so I'll beat y'all to it.

PMSL!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users