Custom Geometry Poll (Update: Response From Pgi)

172 replies to this topic

#61 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:30 PM

View PostSarlic, on 20 August 2015 - 03:56 AM, said:

I assume my question got through?

Yes it did.

Long and the short, they could do geometry like heads, but not things like whole arms, hands etc because of camos and the explosion of files size that would cost.

#62 Hobo Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 597 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:36 PM

Mech Codpiece anyone?

#63 Triskelion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 226 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFort Collins, CO

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:42 PM

View PostKiiyor, on 20 August 2015 - 03:08 AM, said:

@DENNIS.

DENNIS PLS.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yes.

#64 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:47 PM

Oh, the money i would sink into these. Way more than cockpit items would ever be worth.

#65 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:57 PM

I think the big reason for the lack of feedback was that most special variants have custom geometry so people had no idea that the (L) Mechs were testing the water for possible purchasable geometry.

if there was any indication thay were showcasing options to purchase geo for your owned Mechs PGI would have likely revived hundreds of pages of positive feedback on the idea.

I would likely purchase custom geo if something which to me looks good was available for my favorite Mechs the Spider, Firestarter, Hunchback, Griffin, Shadow Cat, Mad Dog or Timber Wolf

#66 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:05 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 20 August 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

I think the big reason for the lack of feedback was that most special variants have custom geometry so people had no idea that the (L) Mechs were testing the water for possible purchasable geometry.

if there was any indication thay were showcasing options to purchase geo for your owned Mechs PGI would have likely revived hundreds of pages of positive feedback on the idea.

I would likely purchase custom geo if something which to me looks good was available for my favorite Mechs the Spider, Firestarter, Hunchback, Griffin, Shadow Cat, Mad Dog or Timber Wolf

I agree. If anyone from PGI had just made an official poll to ask about it, the forums would have exploded. Just waiting to see if players figured it out on their own was not a good strategy. But hey, he's an artist, not a businessman, I guess.

#67 Agent 0 Fortune

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:17 PM

I want custom Geometry that converts my (*) mechs back to standard geometry so I can change their camo.

Sadly the other thing he specifically mentioned is that weapons fixed, they do not resize, so PPCs are destined to look equally terrible, on every mech, forever.

#68 zaku potion

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 53 posts
  • LocationSOUTH TX

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:19 PM

Custom attenae would be cool, dish type antenna, rotating dish tip antenna, CB radio star types, even the old style TV kite skeleton type.

External Cockpit glass reskins, polarized, green, blue, red, yellow, the yellow reflective slat type thats on the hunchback.

Interchangeable fists for mechs that have fists, humanoid type, tbolt type, horizontal industrial pincer type (like those shelf grabber tools with the trigger handle) , forklift prong fist, drill bore fist, fist->industrial winch replacements, lots of stuff you can do there, since theyre not really doing much at the moment other than looking pretty.

Add-on muzzle brakes of all styles for ballistic weapons that change the shape or properties of muzzle flashes.(could just be a small piece of geometry thats resized and stuck onto the end of a given weapon)

On the topic of customization restrictions, why not have custom geometry arms that aren't affected by camo anyway so there would be no need to make them compatible? Players would buy them with the knowledge that camo would not affect them, or that they could only be one base color. Call them Salvage and it works.

#69 Felio

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:26 PM

I'm not sure these things would be noticed by other people, and we can't see it ourselves while playing, either. So it would seem they would not really do anything except slightly degrade performance on slower machines.

I guess just having it and knowing they have it might be enough for some people.

I'm not saying no, but it would have to be really exceptional for me to say yes. All of this would come at the expense of other things, like work on a map or resizing mechs in dire need of it.

Edited by Felio, 20 August 2015 - 01:27 PM.

#70 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:29 PM

View PostHaunt05, on 20 August 2015 - 01:19 PM, said:

On the topic of customization restrictions, why not have custom geometry arms that aren't affected by camo anyway so there would be no need to make them compatible? Players would buy them with the knowledge that camo would not affect them, or that they could only be one base color. Call them Salvage and it works.

Great idea! An arm and shoulder in gunmetal or even polished chrome, as some kind of salvage or rushed repair after the last battle.... mmm, that would be awesome.

#71 Malleus011

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:34 PM

I know it was mentioned that we 'can't' have special arms or longer barrels, but I believe we should demonstrate the demand for such things anyway. After all, PGI did t think we would want custom geometry.

Note - I've criticized custom geo on certain mechs, but that's because I didn't like the model and had no choice in the matter. If I have the choice between roll bars, luggage racks, or long barrels, I'll choose - and pay for - the options I like.

#72 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:39 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 20 August 2015 - 01:29 PM, said:

Great idea! An arm and shoulder in gunmetal or even polished chrome, as some kind of salvage or rushed repair after the last battle.... mmm, that would be awesome.

I've been waiting for my "battered, rusty, beat-up old junker" camo since August 2012...

#73 RoboPatton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 794 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:43 PM

HEY DENNIS!

Yes, we would like custom Geo!

Yes, you could monetize that.

Yes, give it a cbill bonus or something. (OK I made that one up, but food for thought eh?)

#74 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:49 PM

View PostRoboPatton, on 20 August 2015 - 01:43 PM, said:

Yes, give it a cbill bonus or something. (OK I made that one up, but food for thought eh?)

Posted Image

That would be so awesome. Two birds, one stone. People who have been asking for the ability to upgrade any mech to a hero mech for MC.

#75 RoboPatton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 794 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:18 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 20 August 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

Posted Image

That would be so awesome. Two birds, one stone. People who have been asking for the ability to upgrade any mech to a hero mech for MC.

Well, couldnt hurt. Only so many mechs in the universe. Going to need more content. Don't want to start going Dark Ages just yet :D

#76 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:26 PM

I would possibly consider buying some special geometry for my favored mechs, but just like everything else that's too expensive I would not pay an arm and a leg for such features.

Edited by Pjwned, 20 August 2015 - 02:26 PM.

#77 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:30 PM

I'm in..just don't GOUGE the crap out of us when you do it.

#78 Praehotec8

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 851 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:30 PM

Absolutely would support this. I would love to see the Mad Dog get gun barrel arms, and think the atlas should have glowing eyes (if desired by the user). Other small cosmetic tweaks would be much appreciated, and I would certainly buy some!

#79 Alex Morgaine

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:33 PM

price is the big issue. they can't make it cost more then, oh I'd say the cost of a mech bay, maybe 1.5 bays. also you need to allow swapping back and forth, just make it that one mech only... course doing that with "one shot" camos would be nice [that one mech, not the whole chassis], probably give people a reason to buy them.

#80 ShinobiHunter

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:38 PM

Custom Geo would be awesome. As long as it's cool looking, I would definitely pick some up for my favorite mechs.

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users