84 replies to this topic

#21 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:41 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 23 August 2015 - 03:09 PM, said:

As far as bolstering interest in CW is concerned, the biggest thing for me would be for PGI to improve the time factor. Taking close to an hour to find and then complete a single CW match is a major turn-off for me. I can do four to six regular matches in that same time frame and earn just as much or more C-bills on a per-hour basis.

For a lot of the guys I talk with this is the issue. Time vs Reward is not worth it.

#22 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:26 PM

View PostJames T Kirk., on 24 August 2015 - 01:41 PM, said:

For a lot of the guys I talk with this is the issue. Time vs Reward is not worth it.

Yeah, especially since I only play for an hour or two at a time normally. :(

#23 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:55 PM

Prizes won't help.

We need permanent fixes to CW, things like more game modes, smaller mech count drops (8v8 missions, and 4v4 missions), up the rewards, and people will come back to CW. When you have more people playing the mode, you have less wait time.

The crunch period (last 2-3 hours before a cease fire) is still where you can get fast matches.

Reward loyalty, seriously, right now, the best way to play is as a merc. They will always get more rewards than house units, and house players. Especially permanent contract ones.

#24 Biclor Moban

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 204 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:29 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 24 August 2015 - 06:55 PM, said:

Prizes won't help.

We need permanent fixes to CW, things like more game modes, smaller mech count drops (8v8 missions, and 4v4 missions), up the rewards, and people will come back to CW. When you have more people playing the mode, you have less wait time.

The crunch period (last 2-3 hours before a cease fire) is still where you can get fast matches.

Reward loyalty, seriously, right now, the best way to play is as a merc. They will always get more rewards than house units, and house players. Especially permanent contract ones.

Your 2nd point the one after "Prizes won't help" I agree with 100 percent as I stated in my original post.

I agree. Just pay me for my performance and the time I put in. We are looking for Value. Right now there is little value in spending 45-50 min on one game and getting paid for what I would make in 2 public queue games for a total of maybe 25 min.. with very little waiting and less BS overall.

Edited by Biclor Moban, 24 August 2015 - 09:08 PM.

#25 Biclor Moban

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 204 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:56 PM

View PostKoniving, on 22 August 2015 - 09:43 AM, said:

Somehow the defend dropship thing sounds like...
Posted Image
(image is of a police battle armor in the BT universe; but it's being used for visual reference to a dropship holding a crew of infantry to take over the cannon and other sites.)

I can see where the design is going. Particularly on the evacuation. Titan Fall has this at the end of any level involving a defeat. Even as attackers, you see the other side having to perform an evacuation and stall and protect transports.

It's a start.

On a side note... take a look at the first link in my signature -- it has something of a CW idea based on all the stuff PGI fed us combining the 2011 descriptions with the 2014 descriptions.

So I read your Post on "What 3/3/3/3 cost us" That CW would have been way more interesting.
I can see why PGI ran from it though.
1. It would be so I time consuming I can see spending 3 hours on one deployment I think that would have scared off some people but the people you would get would be all in, I mean it would be so compelling to be involved in that.
2. Once PGI got rid of on field repair they knew that the previous CW iteration wouldn't work. Maybe they could have reimplemented field repairs for CW?
3. By the time CW was implemented MWO had been dumbed down several times. Now again with the removal of base turrets in the public queue.

Overall I really liked your points and would have loved to play that version.

#26 Biclor Moban

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 204 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:06 PM

View Postxe N on, on 24 August 2015 - 11:49 AM, said:

CW costs too much resources that could be used to more important projects- Simply shut it down. Nobody will notice anyway.

I think removing it would be a mistake.

Put the Community back in Community Warfare.

I think I will make another post with this title I just got an idea.
http://mwomercs.com/...munity-warfare/

Edited by Biclor Moban, 24 August 2015 - 09:11 PM.

#27 Lexx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 740 posts
  • LocationSlung below a mech's arm shooting nothing but dirt

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:12 PM

I think some units don't want anyone else playing CW so they can ghost drop their way to control of the entire map. It's already bad enough when you get stomped by an organized 12 man, but when they harass the other team in chat for the entire match, some players might decide not to play CW anymore.

#28 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:13 PM

Fewer attack/defend fronts.
Better alliances
Balanced community (so we don't have every merc under the sun going to Jade Falcon or Wolf cause its the only place.. ..just an example)
Planets that are worth something
A game mode that is worth something
Something that is worth something
Something...

#29 Biclor Moban

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 204 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:21 AM

I just thought of Something.

To pass on info to CW players looking for a planet defend or attack.
Make aTwitter type feed. You would see a feed about the planet you just picked. "just lost to Jade Falcon. Baited us on the right then flanked us from the left" You wouldn't have to have played to put stuff on the feed. So lets say a NAP was just made between faction A and faction B. The feed could reflect that as well, just log on pick the planet and type it up. How many feeds allowed would have to be researched but limit it to 140 characters

Okay. seemed like a good idea

Edited by Biclor Moban, 25 August 2015 - 12:25 AM.

#30 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:16 AM

View PostBiclor Moban, on 22 August 2015 - 08:52 AM, said:

I think there is a fair amount of the general population that has become detached from CW.

Its just not that interesting or profitable for the time invested?

I hope the current Itteration doesn't reflect where PGI wants it to be.

Fair amount? That's an understatement.

It is broken and there are many reasons people do not and will not play it. Lotsa topics through the forums on why.

How do we improve participation and investment in CW.

Won't happen. Like any game, when feedback gets ignored, people leave.

Allow small unit warfare. When participation is low like 4 or 8 in one queue and 4 or 8 in the other for more than oh lets say 8 min allow those two groups to clash. Small unit warfare isn't unheard of, lore often has only 4 mechs taking a base. With all the backup mechs thats still alot of mechs to fight and die.

Been requested for, PGI said they were looking into it (I think that was back in the Mesoproterozoic Era when Mackies were kings), nothing heard from since.

Add planetary information and assign certain CW maps to each planet so people can know what enviroments to prepare thier mechs for.

Been asked for, no response.

Besides Attack and Defend add:

Been asked for (other modes of various kinds), no response.

I did think that if your Faction held a planet you might get some reoccurent payment from holding it paid to the faction. as long as you held it. Maybe 40,000 cbills a day or something, nothing big.

Lotsa ways suggested to make planets mean something, no response.

See the constant theme of No Response? I keep hearing the Cowboy Bebop song. Or is it the Beatles?

#31 fat4eyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 491 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:46 AM

Solo queue with PSR for CW.

(flameshield on)

#32 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:54 AM

1) Stop running events for the past 4 weeks that take away from CW.

2) Make faction chat available outside of the faction screen.

3) Raise the Cbills per match. Especially in a loss.

4) Make an objective. Make CW mean something instead of taking over dots.

#33 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 04:12 AM

Make CW worth fighting for with much better rewards than the other ques and In-Universe meaning of planets and so on, so that there is something worth fighting for.

Split the Que, make separat ques fo people with and without unit tag.

#34 Biclor Moban

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 204 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:22 AM

View PostWildstreak, on 25 August 2015 - 01:16 AM, said:

Fair amount? That's an understatement.

It is broken and there are many reasons people do not and will not play it. Lotsa topics through the forums on why.

Won't happen. Like any game, when feedback gets ignored, people leave.

Been requested for, PGI said they were looking into it (I think that was back in the Mesoproterozoic Era when Mackies were kings), nothing heard from since.

Been asked for, no response.

Been asked for (other modes of various kinds), no response.

Lotsa ways suggested to make planets mean something, no response.

See the constant theme of No Response? I keep hearing the Cowboy Bebop song. Or is it the Beatles?

Yes I have read many of the other posts, wanted to put my 2 cents in.

CW is an aspect of the game that is in development. It really isn't the bread and butter of MWO...... yet?

MWO users and I assume the whole internet complain about everything. I don't think anybody responds to whining well. I mean it's not all whining but there is enough of it, I think mostly about "Balancing" though.

I was trying to be constructive and convey that I/we really want CW to work and not %#$ can the whole thing.

I specifically made suggestions that would be "easy" to implement. If you read 80% of the other posts it turns into a whole rework of CW. They also tend to get so complicated that it isn't clear what is wanted. I don't really think that's realistic and I think that's why they may be ignored. At least they may not want to respond because that gets them into a never ending converstion about the millions of different ways it could be changed. Part of me thinks thats their job but it's hard to say if their job is to make everyone happy.....

CW hasn't really changed much since Beta 1 ended. They did add faction chat in the staging area and I know people(myself included)had requested the ability to communicate in the staging area. So they are making steps to make it more useable.

I think the lack of use has made them more cautious about how they invest in CW. Why spends months coding a new aspect of CW only to find out that in application it doesn't improve gameplay.

I wrote this to help inform PGI about a possible path in the most constructive way I could think of . I wanted to get others to respond in kind. So far the post seems to be very constructive besides a few outliers on personal agendas.

As I see it these are the most important things to people in no peticular order.

Meaningful planet info. - Make it feel like I am going somewhere specific. Someone needs To sit down with some Old Battletech books and transfer all the availble planet Info to the game. Busy work, yes but it has to be done sometime people.

Better time to reward ratio. People talk about prizes and all sorts of other things but that's what people are really saying.

Varied objectives in gameplay. We can't survive on Cannons alone.

Lower time spent waiting to play. I can only twiddle my thumbs for so long until I get a repetative motion injury.

Communitcation. Specifically to retain people in the queue, plan strategy, pass information or banter.

Tools. Like "looking for group", Battle grid in the staging area to pre plan initial/overall strategy. Knowing what map you are dropping on so you can edit mech compliment.

A connection or compensation for owning/occupying a "dot"/planet.

Let me know what I may have missed.

Edited by Biclor Moban, 26 August 2015 - 10:58 PM.

#35 Kyrie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:46 AM

I think this would fix CW right up: http://mwomercs.com/...1513#entry51513

#36 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:13 AM

Faction membership rewards.

Taking world's meaning something.

That is a great start.

Faction membership rewards.

Taking world's meaning something.

That is a great start.

#37 TANTE EMMA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 531 posts
  • LocationTANTE EMMAS LADEN

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:20 PM

As soo as nbt goes life, CW is dead. If PGI would have been clever, they would have pulled the nbt-folks at their table and they would have all the ideas, the logistics, the economy that it takes to create an impressive planetary assault league.

#38 Biclor Moban

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 204 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:56 PM

View PostTANTE EMMA, on 25 August 2015 - 12:20 PM, said:

As soo as nbt goes life, CW is dead. If PGI would have been clever, they would have pulled the nbt-folks at their table and they would have all the ideas, the logistics, the economy that it takes to create an impressive planetary assault league.

Yes, CW has it's issues, non unsurmountable. I see this period like a Old Irish or Old Jewish Wake. Let just wait and see if it wakes up.

Edited by Biclor Moban, 25 August 2015 - 09:59 PM.

#39 Biclor Moban

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 204 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:30 PM

View PostKyrie, on 25 August 2015 - 10:46 AM, said:

I think this would fix CW right up: http://mwomercs.com/...1513#entry51513

That's some heavy reading man.

#40 Fire for Effect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 583 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:26 AM

simple:

increase monetary rewards for playing CW.

Currently pretty much ANY pilot earns roughly DOUBLE the amount of C-bills in any other game mode, but CW. (no I am not talking about the current event, without any event you simply get much much more by playing PUG than CW matches...)

In other words each time you play CW you currently lose money, so why bother?

As long as these comparably insufficient earnings in CW have not been rectified noone in his right mind will play unless he is filthy rich (and even then he might say nope not enough cash)

Giving away trinkets at inconsequential ranks does not help, you need to increase the cash earned by CW....

edit: some typos

Edited by Fire for Effect, 27 August 2015 - 07:22 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users