You Got A Mic, So Don't Use It!

67 replies to this topic

#1 Queek Head Taker

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:24 PM

I'm sick of people with mics who give advice and it's the worst advice ever. If you suck and you have a mic please don't give your team advice. I turned all my chats off so i don't rage at my teams it really helps. Please Turn your mics off so you don't get your team killed. A guy on mic said they are under us. I knew they weren't. But team went under.. to find nothing... then they ambushed us and finished us off. Stupid guy on mic killed us.

#2 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:26 PM

Stupid you helped stupid guy on the mic kill your team by not informing them that his advice was incorrect.

#3 Sadist Cain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 605 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:31 PM

View PostQueek Head Taker, on 24 August 2015 - 05:24 PM, said:

I'm sick of people with mics who give advice and it's the worst advice ever. If you suck and you have a mic please don't give your team advice. I turned all my chats off so i don't rage at my teams it really helps. Please Turn your mics off so you don't get your team killed. A guy on mic said they are under us. I knew they weren't. But team went under.. to find nothing... then they ambushed us and finished us off. Stupid guy on mic killed us.

I think people who talk condescendingly about those who are making an effort to work with their team to be far more stupid and irritating.

They say if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all, which can be roughly translated as "if you're going to be a ****** shut up"

#4 Ecrof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:31 PM

uses mic to inform team off enemy death ball location.

#5 Queek Head Taker

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:33 PM

Awwww you guys sound like newbs who gave advice over mic and got their teams killed.

#6 Sadist Cain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 605 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:41 PM

View PostQueek Head Taker, on 24 August 2015 - 05:33 PM, said:

Awwww you guys sound like newbs who gave advice over mic and got their teams killed.

You sound like a truly sad specimen who's trying to get a rise out of people over the internet.
With a winsomely inane attitude and grossly over done effort of mimickry of other E-***** you admire to massage your own arrogance in a pathetic attempt to validate yourself.

What an awesome life you have bro, well done.

Edited by Sadist Cain, 25 August 2015 - 04:55 AM.

#7 Ecrof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:43 PM

I got trolled. :D I commented on this thread.

#8 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:44 PM

i don't have a mic -_-

#9 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:54 PM

I have a mic.

I use it to call out UAVs and where the enemy deathball is.

I mute anyone that abuses the airwaves.

Its pretty simple, doesn't require a troll thread or anything.

#10 Slow and Decrepit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 525 posts
  • LocationBelen, the Mosquito Capital of NM

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:59 PM

View PostSadist Cain, on 24 August 2015 - 05:41 PM, said:

You sound like a truly sad specimen who's trying to get a rise out of people over the internet.
With a winsomely innane attitude and grossly over done effort of mimickry of other E-***** you admire to massage your own arrogance in a pathetic attempt to validate yourself.

WOW! I had to laugh at that one. I'd never want to get on your bad side!

#11 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,971 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:09 PM

I know I’ve made mistakes on the mic before but for the most part I have the ability to think tactically and the mistakes are rare

Maybe it’s the many years in the military

Lately my give a crap factor has gone pretty far down

When I get muted can’t type or talk until the end of the game so these day I do my best not to say or do anything

Just show up and be the cannon fodder PGI wants most of us to be

#12 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:59 PM

Anyone with the stones to nut up and take command DESERVES to be listened to.

I will always follow the orders of someone who tries to command, even if the orders are so ludicrously bad that I only follow them out of a sense of sheer, morbid curiosity. You should too. If you don't want to, then mute the player, or suggest an alternative.

Don't whine about it on the forums.

#13 IronChance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 259 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:51 PM

View PostSadist Cain, on 24 August 2015 - 05:41 PM, said:

With a winsomely innane attitude and grossly over done effort of mimickry of other E-***** you admire to massage your own arrogance in a pathetic attempt to validate yourself.

Winsome.

:)

Every time I think the English language is beyond resuscitation on the internet, I get pleasantly surprised. Thank you!

#14 DJFrost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 171 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:28 PM

If everyone used a mic and communicated there would be no issue. OP not informing the caller of his error is more of an issue than a bad call. If you know something, speak up, if not, shut up. Coms have worse issues than mistakes on tactics.

#15 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:01 PM

Apart from one player who criticized me for being too verbose, my teams seems to appreciate my calls over VOIP and many a victory can be attributed to my calls.

Simple calls like
"Focus Kilo Dire"
"4 times enemy Echo 3"
"Don't peak" (when the enemy is waiting over the next hill and knows you're their)
"Enemy flank on our left, 4 mechs!"
"Zeus Hotel is cored"
can easily turn the tide of battle.

Don't be afraid to get on VOIP and help your team out! If someones calling targets make sure you're helping.

#16 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:13 PM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 24 August 2015 - 09:01 PM, said:

Apart from one player who criticized me for being too verbose, my teams seems to appreciate my calls over VOIP and many a victory can be attributed to my calls.

Simple calls like
"Focus Kilo Dire"
"4 times enemy Echo 3"
"Don't peak" (when the enemy is waiting over the next hill and knows you're their)
"Enemy flank on our left, 4 mechs!"
"Zeus Hotel is cored"
can easily turn the tide of battle.

Don't be afraid to get on VOIP and help your team out! If someones calling targets make sure you're helping.

you do like to talk i noticed :P
but it wasn't scrub talk so i dont mind, you pass off useful information when you see it. what more can one ask of a team mate in pugland? (apart from not sucking)

#17 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:21 PM

View PostKiiyor, on 24 August 2015 - 06:59 PM, said:

Anyone with the stones to nut up and take command DESERVES to be listened to.

I will always follow the orders of someone who tries to command, even if the orders are so ludicrously bad that I only follow them out of a sense of sheer, morbid curiosity. You should too. If you don't want to, then mute the player, or suggest an alternative.

Don't whine about it on the forums.

Not true.

Some callers are great. They know what needs to be said and, way the **** more importantly, what doesn't.

Many are awful. They hurt more than they help, but telling them off is usually a waste of everyone's time. If I do happen to run into a bad armchair general, I'll typically just chalk the match up as a loss and ride it out till I can drop in the next one.

#18 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:39 PM

Had a good one last night.
I suggested we defend the base.
A guy called me a genetically modified pee stain.
Then he told the team to follow him.
And the did single file lemming style.
I told him good luck with that noticing the abundance of vet players on the other team.
I gleefully remain at base and waited.
Six minutes later match was over.
He had a whole 89 points of damage.
I took great joy in that loss.
Never follow the new noob.
Why?
Because he's new and doesn't know what the hell he's doing.
Posted Image

#19 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:54 PM

View PostVlad Ward, on 24 August 2015 - 09:21 PM, said:

Not true.

Some callers are great. They know what needs to be said and, way the **** more importantly, what doesn't.

Many are awful. They hurt more than they help, but telling them off is usually a waste of everyone's time. If I do happen to run into a bad armchair general, I'll typically just chalk the match up as a loss and ride it out till I can drop in the next one.

You are absolutely correct - but i'll still follow them.

A terrible plan that keeps everyone together is better than the mute herd mentality that permeates most pugs. Even if they are terrible leaders, everyone has to start somewhere. You can't learn from mistakes if you don't make them - and you absolutely can't learn how to lead if no-one follows you.

Like I said, even if they are terrible, i'll follow. Worst case scenario, i'll have some new mistakes committed by others to learn from :)

Actually, there's a pretty notable exception to that; if they start whining, complaining about the team, insulting people or being a wang-bag in general, my brain switches off immediately and I file any incoming communication from them in that dusky and echoing part of my brain reserved for droning work meetings and whining from my children.

#20 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:02 AM

Always better to listen to a bad plan than to not have a plan at all, or argue over different plans that has the same result. I usually drop call with good results, but sometimes someone jumps in and takes charge before I do, so I let them have it. Some of their plans are straight up idiotic, but surprisingly, a lot of times it ends up working, simply because the team is unified.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users