My Avg Game Score Is ~160 - When Will I Be Put Into Right Psr Tier?

109 replies to this topic

#21 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 03:53 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 29 August 2015 - 01:40 AM, said:

I shouldn't adopt to anything or improve any skill - it's MM, who should provide team mates and enemies with appropriate level of skill for me. That's the single thing, you all can't understand about MM.

it tries but it's not ideal, especially with our rather low population, and after a major overhaul it can take some time to put you into the right spot too

#22 Allen Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 376 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:01 AM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 29 August 2015 - 03:53 AM, said:

it tries but it's not ideal, especially with our rather low population, and after a major overhaul it can take some time to put you into the right spot too

Yes. MM seems to do an exceptionally bad job at the moment, at least for me.

#23 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:07 AM

View PostAllen Ward, on 29 August 2015 - 04:01 AM, said:

Yes. MM seems to do an exceptionally bad job at the moment, at least for me.

I would like to see videos of those people and their matches complainign about it

#24 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:19 AM

I'm going to refrain from putting in the response that I originally typed..... all I'm going to say is MM in ANY format will not improve the skill of the individual player. That can only happen due to increased effort from the player, so blaming MM for you being unable to perform is ridiculous.

#25 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:26 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 29 August 2015 - 01:28 AM, said:

I'm playing non-stop for the 4th day in a row and still haven't earned even 6M CB via event and even 3M CB via match rewards. It takes ages to earn XP to level mechs up. This is just wrong. ELO was measuring team-based performance, which caused players like me to stuck in ELO hell - initial ELO value was taken as base one for PSR. But new system is personal-performance-based and therefore my rating should be corrected with time. But I still don't see any improvements. When will situation will start to improve? I don't want to sit in PSR hell for another year.

The only way for you to get out of PSR Hell is to be a better TEAM player.

If pilots cannot be team players in a team based game where your score is based on how well you personally preform as part of team then they will be stuck with other pilots that play the same.

Playing a team/group based game as a solo-rambo sounds like Hell to me.

#26 MrMadguy

• 2,199 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:28 AM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 29 August 2015 - 04:19 AM, said:

I'm going to refrain from putting in the response that I originally typed..... all I'm going to say is MM in ANY format will not improve the skill of the individual player. That can only happen due to increased effort from the player, so blaming MM for you being unable to perform is ridiculous.

I don't need my skill to be improved - I just need enemies with appropriate skill level. And the whole point of MM's existence - is to do exactly this. As simply as that.

#27 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:29 AM

I shouldn't adopt to anything or improve any skill - it's MM, who should provide team mates and enemies with appropriate level of skill for me. That's the single thing, you all can't understand about MM.

With respect, this mindset is why you will be stuck in PSR Hell.

Soon, you will be able to pwn AI BOTs - unless they turn out to be to difficult of an enemy.

#28 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:30 AM

I feel like I'm the only player who honestly can't tell any difference in the games with the ELO-->PSR transition. I see a lot of the same players, sometimes we lose, sometimes we win (about 50-50), stomps happen often but not all the time.

I guess a bigger difference can be possible for players who've had their Elo elevated by playing in good teams, but whose personal performance has been somewhat meager and thus PSR throws them back down.

Anyway, what I have most difficulty believing are these stories of people losing all the time. Of course losing streaks can happen due to pure chance even when the baseline win probability is 50%. But for the losing to become persistent for player X would require the the matchmaker first to systematically make unequal teams, and then systematically throw player X in the inferior team. However flawed the MM may be, I doubt it'd do this.

#29 MrMadguy

• 2,199 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:30 AM

"L2P Noob" argument just isn't working in a game with skill-based MM.

#30 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:40 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 29 August 2015 - 04:30 AM, said:

"L2P Noob" argument just isn't working in a game with skill-based MM.

it is, because if you would be the bottom, MM will enver find proper opponents. also MM does not nclude always totalyl fair matches, this would require 10.000 of palyers online at the same time. Otherwie everyone would complain about havign to wait 20 minutes for matching proper skills.

#31 Eboli

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:53 AM

I think in order to help you we need more information.

What are your preferred mechs and loadouts? What modules do you use? You say you are a brawler. How do you approach the enemy? Do you use cover? Do you stick with teammates or go alone? What are your computer specs because if you have low fps your ability to be really competitive can suffer.

Honestly it could be possible you may not be a great player and thus gameplay competition is not going to get better unless you try to make yourself better.

We need more information to know whether it is you or MM.

Cheers
Eboli.

#32 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:55 AM

One thing i do agree on is the amount of stupid that (can) be found on EU server. Found US to be much better.

I mean even simple call signs gets ignored.

Edited by Sarlic, 29 August 2015 - 05:01 AM.

#33 Corrado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 817 posts
  • Locationfinale emilia, italy

Posted 29 August 2015 - 05:09 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 29 August 2015 - 01:09 AM, said:

My avg game score is way too low now - just a little bit higher, then minimum viable one. That means, I'm still stuck in a wrong PSR Tier. How much time it will take for me to be moved into right PSR Tier? I've been sitting in ELO hell for about 2 years. I don't want to wait any longer.

yes you should be in tier5 :lol

#34 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 05:20 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 29 August 2015 - 02:09 AM, said:

Also I have been playing this game since Open Beta and it was perfect till the implementation of 3/3/3/3 and release of Clans. What that means? Game can be enjoyable - it's terrible MM, that makes it so bad.

If by perfect you mean absolutely random, then you are correct. If you mean was providing balanced matches with people in your general skill range then you are entirely wrong.

#35 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 29 August 2015 - 05:27 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 29 August 2015 - 04:28 AM, said:

I don't need my skill to be improved - I just need enemies with appropriate skill level. And the whole point of MM's existence - is to do exactly this. As simply as that.

In a "perfect" gaming environment, one that has a sufficently large playerbase for instance, you are right if a player is not particularly good then they will evetually "pooled" with players of similarly poor skilled players. In this particular instance we do not have a huge playerbase and we have a game that caters to particularly skill sets, the main one being teamwork.

That being said and I may have missed it, how many games is your 160 average based over? For myself I am at around 230-240 over 38 matches. Not particularly outstanding and there has a fair few 12-1 and 12 - 3 headlines but with brutal firefights in them.

However I still don't understand your unwillingness to improve your own performance but then again I simply believe that if you try your best then noone can ask you to do anymore. However I also wouldn't then bemoan the game is broken because I believe my performance is subpar.

#36 GreyNovember

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 05:54 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 29 August 2015 - 04:28 AM, said:

If the enemies are not of your skill level, then you will be adjusted accordingly; up or down depending on your performance.

I do not see your issue.

#37 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 29 August 2015 - 05:54 AM

My only bit of advice is that you need to follow the team's lead. You run brawlers. That's great, but very often a team has a large number of sniper builds. What do you do then? Do you sit back and wait, or do you get impatient and scream LEROOOOOOOY JENKINSSSSSSS!!! ? If the latter, there's the reason you're in MM hell. So, STOP IT!! Otherwise, we may have just met the guy who is at the bottom of the tier list.

On the bright side, it is pretty easy to leave your exalted position. Become better at waiting and moving with the team. If the team really wants to camp there is nothing you can really do about it. So, pour yourself a beer and enjoy the light show until the enemy gets within brawling range.

Edited by mailin, 29 August 2015 - 05:55 AM.

#38 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:32 AM

Actually you need to adapt, I did.

I was pulling on average 400-600+ damage games with 2+ kills in Solo.

MM changed and i swing wildly from scores of 500 to 100...play is different.

I see fewer rabbit runs and fewer stomps but more hesitancy. Play has changed.

New PSR was supposed to move you up in skill it was supposed to put you with similar skilled player which will - if it works- MAKE you play harder due to better competition.

Fact that you are struggling means you are facing BETTER competition.

Congratz.

View PostSarlic, on 29 August 2015 - 04:55 AM, said:

One thing i do agree on is the amount of stupid that (can) be found on EU server. Found US to be much better.

I mean even simple call signs gets ignored.

Could be a language barrier. Or a timezone thing where all the adults are at work and you are playing with a bunch of 8 year olds?

#39 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:37 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 29 August 2015 - 01:09 AM, said:

My avg game score is way too low now - just a little bit higher, then minimum viable one. That means, I'm still stuck in a wrong PSR Tier. How much time it will take for me to be moved into right PSR Tier? I've been sitting in ELO hell for about 2 years. I don't want to wait any longer.

Curious. With a score like yours, what tier do you think you belong in and which one are you in?

#40 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:51 AM

Your PSR will follow Murphy's Law of Incompetence.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users