My Avg Game Score Is ~160 - When Will I Be Put Into Right Psr Tier?

109 replies to this topic

#1 MrMadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:09 AM

My avg game score is way too low now - just a little bit higher, then minimum viable one. That means, I'm still stuck in a wrong PSR Tier. How much time it will take for me to be moved into right PSR Tier? I've been sitting in ELO hell for about 2 years. I don't want to wait any longer.

Edited by MrMadguy, 29 August 2015 - 01:10 AM.

#2 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:11 AM

I've been sitting in ELO hell for about 2 years. I don't want to wait any longer.

Then you are doing something wrong. :ph34r:

Edited by Sarlic, 29 August 2015 - 01:11 AM.

#3 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:11 AM

what makes you think so? we have no idea how the tiers are designed, and with constant 160 this can still man you stay whe your etam wins.

Especially when acerage this 160, you ill probably also have higher scored games.

and then when the game makes you a T3 you will meet all tiers and probably avere out on your 160.

In worst case you may be T5 and always do bad then you won't be able to drop into a lower tier :P
But I doubt that

Edited by Lily from animove, 29 August 2015 - 01:12 AM.

#4 Madcap72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 752 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:14 AM

Umm... If you've been in "ELO hell" for two years, and the new PSR keeps matching you in matches where you keep getting the same score...

That sounds like it's working as intended.

I got a 200 match score with the PSR just doing 400 damage and nothing else really.

#5 MrMadguy

• 2,199 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:28 AM

I'm playing non-stop for the 4th day in a row and still haven't earned even 6M CB via event and even 3M CB via match rewards. It takes ages to earn XP to level mechs up. This is just wrong. ELO was measuring team-based performance, which caused players like me to stuck in ELO hell - initial ELO value was taken as base one for PSR. But new system is personal-performance-based and therefore my rating should be corrected with time. But I still don't see any improvements. When will situation will start to improve? I don't want to sit in PSR hell for another year.

Edited by MrMadguy, 29 August 2015 - 01:34 AM.

#6 anonymous161

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:34 AM

Two years and you still haven't raised your skills, or learned how to ulitize your team properly?

At this point you are a lost cause if you have been playing somewhat regularly for 2 years and still cant put out a decent kdr...who then cares if you are not willing to improve yourself?

On the other hand maybe you suck so bad at the game no one is low enough to be matched with you so they just go **** it and throw you anywhere? "shrugs"

Edited by Darth Bane001, 29 August 2015 - 01:35 AM.

#7 Kotzi

• 1,356 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:35 AM

Maybe its not MM, ELO or PSA. Instead of waiting for something to change you could try to change your gaming style.

#8 MrMadguy

• 2,199 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:40 AM

View PostKotzi, on 29 August 2015 - 01:35 AM, said:

Maybe its not MM, ELO or PSA. Instead of waiting for something to change you could try to change your gaming style.

I shouldn't adopt to anything or improve any skill - it's MM, who should provide team mates and enemies with appropriate level of skill for me. That's the single thing, you all can't understand about MM.

Edited by MrMadguy, 29 August 2015 - 01:42 AM.

#9 GreyNovember

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 02:06 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 29 August 2015 - 01:40 AM, said:

I shouldn't adopt to anything or improve any skill - it's MM, who should provide team mates and enemies with appropriate level of skill for me. That's the single thing, you all can't understand about MM.

This doesnt sound at all like it might be biased and stubborn to you OP?

That you changing how you play is out of the question?

#10 MrMadguy

• 2,199 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 02:09 AM

Also I have been playing this game since Open Beta and it was perfect till the implementation of 3/3/3/3 and release of Clans. What that means? Game can be enjoyable - it's terrible MM, that makes it so bad.

#11 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 29 August 2015 - 02:10 AM

I just saw you in a match on the opposite team on River City. I don't like to speculate or assume anything about tiers, but if i have to do it: you are fine. Both teams had some decent players, despite the stomp we got end up.

Edited by Sarlic, 29 August 2015 - 02:11 AM.

#12 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 02:17 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 29 August 2015 - 01:40 AM, said:

No, actualyl it's not workign that way, if you are the rock bottom of skill MM will not be able to ever give you proper opponents. So either this, or your perception of god matches is just wrong.

#13 Madcap72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 752 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 29 August 2015 - 02:19 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 29 August 2015 - 01:28 AM, said:

I'm playing non-stop for the 4th day in a row and still haven't earned even 6M CB via event and even 3M CB via match rewards. It takes ages to earn XP to level mechs up. This is just wrong. ELO was measuring team-based performance, which caused players like me to stuck in ELO hell - initial ELO value was taken as base one for PSR. But new system is personal-performance-based and therefore my rating should be corrected with time. But I still don't see any improvements. When will situation will start to improve? I don't want to sit in PSR hell for another year.

ELO didn't measure team based performance at all. It was win or loss prediction. It was broken because it would take bad players and great players to average out and match against teams of all average players and crap like that.

You're right, PSR is a reflection of personal skill...

Sounds like your rating is right where it should be given your attitude.

#14 MrMadguy

• 2,199 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 02:26 AM

View PostSarlic, on 29 August 2015 - 02:10 AM, said:

I just saw you in a match on the opposite team on River City. I don't like to speculate or assume anything about tiers, but if i have to do it: you are fine. Both teams had some decent players, despite the stomp we got end up.

River City - is still extremely terrible map, even after update. It still lacks cover at the center of the map and promotes snipe-fests. The problem is in fact, that 80% of my builds - are brawler ones. Just because I hate camping and love brawling. I already mentioned this in other thread - this game doesn't have proper penalty for sniping and camping, such as much lower survivability, close range dmg penalty and lesser firing rates. This makes sniping builds viable in any situation, while brawler builds are gimped on most of the maps. Maps shouldn't be role-oriented, till role balance won't be fixed - maps should be balanced for any role. That means any map should have a way to get closer to snipers and LRMmers without being instantly torn apart.

I you were in a match, I won - then I won it due to other team being complete noobs to allow us cross the river.

Edited by MrMadguy, 29 August 2015 - 02:30 AM.

#15 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 02:47 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 29 August 2015 - 02:26 AM, said:

River City - is still extremely terrible map, even after update. It still lacks cover at the center of the map and promotes snipe-fests. The problem is in fact, that 80% of my builds - are brawler ones. Just because I hate camping and love brawling. I already mentioned this in other thread - this game doesn't have proper penalty for sniping and camping, such as much lower survivability, close range dmg penalty and lesser firing rates. This makes sniping builds viable in any situation, while brawler builds are gimped on most of the maps. Maps shouldn't be role-oriented, till role balance won't be fixed - maps should be balanced for any role. That means any map should have a way to get closer to snipers and LRMmers without being instantly torn apart.

I you were in a match, I won - then I won it due to other team being complete noobs to allow us cross the river.

entirely not true, if this is, you simply play it wrong, the snipefest only happens because the majority is to shy to approach the citadell when the others hide there. you JJ mechs on the citadell while the others surround it on one side and youc an push quite well. The coward behavior is what makes people suck on this map. When the team crosses the river at the right place the citadell defenders can not properly üprevent this because they can't place many mechs to a efense, yet the attackign team can come with it's full force of mechs overhelming them. The citadell itself is more than enough cover from lrm's

Edited by Lily from animove, 29 August 2015 - 02:57 AM.

#16 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 29 August 2015 - 03:18 AM

No i mean you stated if you were in the wrong tier. How would you know if you don't even know your tier. Speculating about tiers is just dumb. It has no use, nobody knows. That's like speculating if a granny is shaved or not.
I just give you based on my opinion and the names i am seeing / playing with. I think you are just exaggorating.

Edited by Sarlic, 29 August 2015 - 03:21 AM.

#17 Madcap72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 752 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 29 August 2015 - 03:19 AM

This isn't call of duty. If you don't want to change your play style, learn the map. RC is HUGE, with HUGE area's of tall cover.

They even extended the building down the water as well as the dock to add MORE cover.

If you sit in the open center of the map and die, that's your fault.

#18 Allen Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 376 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 03:31 AM

All I can say is that I constantly drop with totally incompetent teams since the PSR. More than half games are lost stomps (12:2), the rest is barely lost or won games, the latter often by pure luck. Maybe in 2 out 10 games I have the impression that I play the game I knew before PSR. Depending on mech I do between 350 and 950 damage each match. sometimes you die early, though. Still it feels I did a serious drop regarding ELO/PSR compared to where I dropped before. Before the change I dropped regularly with players that were competent solo (knew their mechs, knew how not to overheat constantly, could drive, maneouvre and so on) and tried to add to the team by moving as a group (but tactically), focusing fire, holding targets, supporting people in need and stuff. Know I drop with groups that almost always split up in all directions, panic upon first contact, shoot at each enemy a bit doing zero damage but overheating by it, ignore chat commands, never report anything, never lock on targets they fight, never use UAV or artillery and more.

How come? I play this game since Open Beta, at least 1-2hs every day. I am not good or even very good but I was always competent. I experienced very good matches where others and I could contribute because we had experience, out fo the box thinking and at least knew how to drive, position and work as a team as much as this is possible in PUG.

My feel is that PUG got seriously worse since the PSR changes. It's either a lot of very green players or some weird calculations regarding PSR. I woudl expect to drop about 50% on the winning side as before, but being 70% on the loosing side all of a sudden is a bit odd.

Edited by Allen Ward, 29 August 2015 - 03:32 AM.

#19 Allen Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 376 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 03:38 AM

River City was my most hated map before the change. Know it is not my favorite, but has become more interesting. If people tend to cowardly hide and snipe you have multiple choices how to counter this. Bomb them with artillery. Send lights to scout and lock up and send in LRMs. This will suppress snipers. Then advance fast on them with a bunch of hard hitting brawlers, hug them to death. Or you entirely resume attacking and make them come to you. The map is huge and you don't have to give up your base doing so. Your team can fall back into a pocket behind it and wait until the damn snipers decide to move in. It is hard in PUG though, but try making a suggestion if you feel the situation is coming to a halt. If no one leads, people tend to sit it out which means everyone will die. Or they stupidly attack one by one which also means game lost.

Edited by Allen Ward, 29 August 2015 - 03:38 AM.

#20 LORD ORION

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 03:45 AM

Well... please make sure you aren't useing crap builds.

You should accidentally get 160 points using the T1->T3 mech builds.
http://metamechs.com...mega-tier-list/

If not... well....hrmmmm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users