1142 replies to this topic

#1001 Smokeyjedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 November 2016 - 04:43 AM

Ya after having to do 900 damage and 5 kills for a loss the last few months(almost cresting tier 2).... how the hell am I supposed to even win a match now that hit registry is broken. LMAO what a joke this is.
Good thing I dont play this hack job coded non balanced ELO torment you call a game anymore, I uninstalled quickly following the ragey posts above........And now that Ive heard of this hit reg problem on an already butchered game.....with op models being sold for quarters every week that kids just dump in..........is the only way to stay with the power curve. the meta train, the model for pgis government like need to get us to pump quarters in... Iphone 7 anyone?

#1002 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 18 November 2016 - 01:24 PM

Why is this thread from the beginning of last year still being used?

It's not as if anyone from PGI is reading it, or planning to do anything about it.

#1003 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:31 AM

Limiting quick play drops to 4 people is not going to fix the problem. If a group wants to drop with 4 people then scouting is where it's at. In my unit we have some really quality pilots and we also have a fair share of beginner pilots. When we drop with 8 to 10 people it usually balances out with the weight restrictions. It is frustrating at times when we drop with 8 to 10 people and we get a full random solo q drop of tier one pilots. Who then proceed to alpha our whole team one at a time, perfect ct shots and fubar us. It is the nature of the beast that is mechwarrior, only the strongest survive, the quick and the dead. Being out gunned and out armored at times is difficult, in a real combat situation the odds are not always going to be in our favor. Overcoming such odds is what defines us and is true test of perserverence as a mechwarrior.
Overall Group Skill(Precision, Quickness, Mech Placement, Reaction Time, Knowledge) > Group Teamwork (Tactics, Strategy, Synergy) > Group Tonage (Armor, Weapons, Alpha Damage, Sustained Damage Per Second, Total Mech Health Points) > Luck

#1004 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 22 November 2016 - 04:25 AM

P.S.R still needs to be given a neutral stance and not the broken upward bias it currently has.

The premises that all player will become comp standard players by playing longer, is completely and utterly false

I like many others playing the game know where our skills level out, and the longer you leave this broken mechanic, the more people will quit the game because they get no enjoyment from it because they are continually over matched, which also breaks the MM because people are in the higher tiers where they shouldn't be.

#1005 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 22 November 2016 - 02:57 PM

Currently on a 90-100% loss rate for the last week. Which is great when you're trying to level mechs. And I know the matchmaker is mixing tiers and seemingly not evenly between teams either.

#1006 Catalina Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 22 November 2016 - 03:32 PM

The state of the matchmaker (especially in PUG) is horrible. And yes, it's not a solace to be in tier 1 if you need to level completely new mechs. It's like punished for playing new mechs or trying new builds. You are forced to drive the same old meta stuff all the time... or you lose. A change is really needed.

#1007 Dex Spero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 198 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 November 2016 - 06:37 PM

View PostSmokeyjedi, on 18 November 2016 - 04:43 AM, said:

Good thing I dont play this hack job coded non balanced ELO torment you call a game anymore

Then why are you posting in the forum? You don't play but still feel the need to express your dislike of the game to anyone and everyone? Move on, man, move on!

#1008 Smokeyjedi

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:29 AM

View PostDex Spero, on 22 November 2016 - 06:37 PM, said:

Then why are you posting in the forum? You don't play but still feel the need to express your dislike of the game to anyone and everyone? Move on, man, move on!

Im still not done, here to watch this **** crash and burn. so go git gud. noob

#1009 Zendred

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:29 AM

I think I found the problem.

// Not for public consumption
// Match Making Algorithm
// XXXXXXXXXX - fixed blocking.

public synchronized boolean addPlayer(Player pPlayer_i, Game gGame_i) {

try {

if (!gGame_i.isFull()) {

if (pPlayer_i.getTierLevel() > 3) {

int nTmp = pPlayer_i.getTierLevel();

pPlayer_i.setTierLevel(randomInt(1,3)) ;

gGame_i.addPlayer(pPlayer_i);

pPlayer_i.setTierLevel(randInt(nTmp) ;

return true;

}

}

} catch (exception e) {

gGame_i.addPlayer(pPlayer_i);

gGame_i.setDisconnected(pPlayer_i);

return true;

}

return false;

}

Edited by Zendred, 04 January 2017 - 06:30 AM.

#1010 Kai Lui

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 42 posts
  • LocationChoas March

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:50 PM

View PostEvan20k, on 03 September 2015 - 01:52 PM, said:

Whenever I try and play with a group of 2-3 friends, we just pray we don't run into a 228/EMP 12-man stompball. Normally I like playing against better players than myself; it gives me room to improve and see what I did wrong but that isn't the case here. The power disparity of a 12 man unit versus scattered pugs isn't something that can be quantified and counterbalanced with tonnage offsets or anything of the sort. I'm all in favor of dropping the group queue to a cap of 4 to allow it to be playable for people who aren't in a 12-man murderball and have no interest in being part of one.

that is not group issue that is a skill of your group issue.
lets add pilot skill ratings to your group play. if you have a 12man of T1 pilots then you should be facing other T1 or T2 pilots before getting your 4 man T5 group that wants to LRMs on there atlis and kodoc spiret baers.
the number of matches i have been stomped to death because of this disparity is ********.
i have landed in good groups that have stomped 228 and D5 in oblivain becouse they ahve been ones that landed the 4 man of noobs or LRM atlises.... when your runing a 4 man your playing the lotery... u could get 4 man of lights... and 2 2 man of lights and drop against 8 assaults...

do we do pilot ranking then wait class? and punish them running 6 mans of lights or 4 mans of assaults ?
atm i'm not sure how they do it... numbers then wait classes i think... no consideration of pilot skill levels.

pilot skill level should be taken into consideration hear more then anything else.
if you have a 6 man with say 4 T1 and T2 pilots and 2 with T4 and T5 you should land in a T2/T3 match including Solo players not just other group play players like today..

#1011 Lucky Noob

• The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:37 PM

Hell today i dropped with Edmiester.

Damm i am an T4 Noob, fix the MM

#1012 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:16 AM

MM remains either deliberately turned off, or remains broken.

Coupled with the monotony of map and mode voting, how much longer does the community have to deal with this mess, and how many more paying customers are you prepared to sacrifice before you fix this ?

#1013 SpiderPepper

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:07 PM

This is not any sort of skill issue. When the 2 man groups are routinely matched against 10-12 mans, no sort of outplaying can make up for the defect of only 2 people coordinating vs 12. It's simply imbalanced.

Matchmaking (especially for groups) is broken, or doesn't exist.

#1014 Dr Kalameet

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:22 PM

How about just make a 4vs4, 8vs8 and 12vs12 variants in solo and in group matches, and so anyone can choose before pressing "play" button?

Edited by Dr Kalameet, 10 February 2017 - 10:23 PM.

#1015 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:38 AM

View PostCathy, on 22 November 2016 - 04:25 AM, said:

P.S.R still needs to be given a neutral stance and not the broken upward bias it currently has.

^^ This.
I've tried for 2nd Half of 2016 to get my Tier to go down again. Not by playing intentionally bad, but by playing almost exclusively a LURMbrella Fox with very limited offensive potential. It did not work.

Edited by PFC Carsten, 03 October 2017 - 11:40 AM.

#1016 RJF Volkodav

• 1,444 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:42 PM

MM doesnt exists ).
PGI, please. Matchmaker is an important part of the game.

Posted Image

Not meaning to go offtopic, just reminding about my previous suggestions in this thread:
https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__5372052

#1017 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:42 AM

View PostLucky Noob, on 06 January 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

Hell today i dropped with Edmiester.

Damm i am an T4 Noob, fix the MM

I've asked ingame for a couple of matches and it turns out that at least 1/3 of my team are 3 tiers below me.
It appears that MWO does not have the playerbase it would need to slap balanced tier based matchups together anymore.

View PostPFC Carsten, on 11 February 2017 - 03:38 AM, said:

^^ This.
I've tried for 2nd Half of 2016 to get my Tier so go down again. Not by playing intentionally bad, but by playing almost exclusively a LURMbrella Fox with very limited offensive potential. It did not work.

For what reason? Tier 1, 2, 3 and 4 are in one pool. You would need to dump your tier down to tier 5 to see a difference.

Edited by Toha Heavy Industries, 06 March 2017 - 07:44 AM.

#1018 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:56 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 06 March 2017 - 07:42 AM, said:

For what reason? Tier 1, 2, 3 and 4 are in one pool. You would need to dump your tier down to tier 5 to see a difference.
Worse. All tiers are in one pool. Trust me on that one.

#1019 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:24 AM

View PostHorseman, on 06 March 2017 - 09:56 AM, said:

Worse. All tiers are in one pool. Trust me on that one.

I have yet to play with or against a tier 5 player in solo quickplay.

#1020 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:35 PM

View PostAppogee, on 18 November 2016 - 01:24 PM, said:

Why is this thread from the beginning of last year still being used?

It's not as if anyone from PGI is reading it, or planning to do anything about it.

Was going to say something similar. But then even if PGI listened do you think they're actually capable of fixing something so badly borked without ******* something else up in the process.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users