#181 Astrocanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 642 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 06:57 AM

View PostAnarcho, on 11 September 2015 - 09:01 PM, said:

I read this topic and all I see is" boo hoo they took mah metah!"

"Omg timber wolf with positive quircks!" None of then are weapons related...

Jesus, give it a chance... they are trying to level all mechs somehow, even focusing more in roles, which is something everybody was asking too...

Put some ice on your butts, because things are going to change.

I agree. The Timberwolves were always awkward and far too easy to kill.

I wonder if we play the same game.

#182 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:04 AM

Lol, anyone seen the warhawk quirks?

+18 LL Structure? As if its legs were ever an issue.

But nothing for its actually problematic barn door sized torsos....which are the problem. But it can now traverse nearly 180 degrees to the rear. Id trade in all that traverse range for LRC Torsos and the PPC Velocity quirks and heat quirks back. I was starting to like my PPCs not moving like a tugboat, weighted down by a tugboat.

#183 LordBraxton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:05 AM

I am amazed because there are a lot of names in this thread I normally vehemently disagree with..

But today we can all agree!

Gods help us all.

Edited by LordBraxton, 12 September 2015 - 07:05 AM.

#184 EgoSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:06 AM

View PostYellonet, on 12 September 2015 - 04:02 AM, said:

Wasn't this just the first early pass to get your reactions?

What about that battle(mech) value system they talked about, are they not using that?

Yes, they are using the MWO value system. It's how they came up with the adjustments. Which tells me that the value system and what it is using for the determinations of quirks/balance is fundamentally flawed.

#185 Lantanium Buhallin

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:08 AM

Greetings dear PGI, I want to tell you about their attitude to your new balance. I'll start with the fact that - the fact that my friends and I saw today on the test server, we were shocked. Clan machines 1, 2 waves of invasion are not playable. This balance will not tolerate in terms battletech.
Second, I see that this is not an attempt to save the Inner sphere of clan and simple greed for money in 3 waves invasion. Unfortunately, you still do not know what will such balancing machines ...

Edited by Lantanium, 12 September 2015 - 07:08 AM.

#186 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:21 AM

View PostAstrocanis, on 12 September 2015 - 06:57 AM, said:

I agree. The Timberwolves were always awkward and far too easy to kill.

I wonder if we play the same game.

I never saw the rage about the Timber, I have always (and to this day) done better in other chassis.

#187 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:28 AM

View PostAlienized, on 12 September 2015 - 06:23 AM, said:

there are people that arent pissed to the max when their toys are nerfed a bit for balance sake. they accept stuff rather than beeing a crybaby about it.

Sure, there will always be an outcry even when slight nerfs which are in order are done. It is also true that the TTK needs to go up again.

But hey, I really had to laugh about the "nerfed a bit" part. Do you have any common sense? For some chassis your "nerfed a bit" means that they are wrecks. Literally and totally. One of them is the Huggin just as a prime example - a hero mech for which people paid money.

There are plenty of other examples as well but I think I got my point across.

And no: being able to get info about the enemy 5% faster or turn 3% faster or having a 10m higher radar range doesn't help those said chassis nor does it help the light mech class in any way nor does it bring any variety.

#188 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:34 AM

I got one

Look at the Hunchabacks.

Two chassis that come stock with loadouts that have an optimal of 270m the -4P and -4SP and generally stay pretty true to that in loadout.

......both have +200% short range scan, it takes them forever to get a paperdoll up close.

Balanced.

#189 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:34 AM

View PostBush Hopper, on 12 September 2015 - 07:28 AM, said:

Sure, there will always be an outcry even when slight nerfs which are in order are done. It is also true that the TTK needs to go up again.

But hey, I really had to laugh about the "nerfed a bit" part. Do you have any common sense? For some chassis your "nerfed a bit" means that they are wrecks. Literally and totally. One of them is the Huggin just as a prime example - a hero mech for which people paid money.

There are plenty of other examples as well but I think I got my point across.

And no: being able to get info about the enemy 5% faster or turn 3% faster or having a 10m higher radar range doesn't help those said chassis nor does it help the light mech class in any way nor does it bring any variety.

uhm...
i played the huggin even before the quirkening happened. it was a good mech that was already nice in its role and survived quite a bit but with all the mechs beein alpha-strikers with heavy quirks all around they had to give a massive SRM boost to keep it viable. it would have died too fast without doing damage.

now that all the weapons are gone it will survive longer again except those mechs with a fail hardpoint inflation.

while you are talking about hero mechs, look at the 4-IV. not even quirks made it good. it had no role. it had no sense even after quirks. it has other massive problems which might be minimized a bit after this rebalance.

#190 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:38 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 12 September 2015 - 07:34 AM, said:

I got one

Look at the Hunchabacks.

Two chassis that come stock with loadouts that have an optimal of 270m the -4P and -4SP and generally stay pretty true to that in loadout.

......both have +200% short range scan, it takes them forever to get a paperdoll up close.

Balanced.

you dont need to scan those mechs up close. you can see where they are hurt, you should know what to shoot when you brawl even without knowing the exact loadout.

if i go into a brawl i already know what mech it is and where it can be crippled/destroyed without knowing its exact setup.
you never need it because if you dont win you are dead. so make sure you brawl correct.

#191 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:40 AM

View PostGrisbane, on 11 September 2015 - 08:36 PM, said:

they removed all of the unique quirks on the Hero mechs outright.. people paid real money for these. if this goes live as is i can quickly see that as becoming a potential death knell for this game.. its one thing to re-balance mechs, it's another to completely remove the entire reason people bought them.. again with REAL money.. in the 1st place...

if it went live right now, i would quit and i am positive i wouldn't be alone. i don't like being ripped off, and removing the uniqueness of real money mechs is doing just that.

EDIT: for clarity, i don't care about removing the non-unique quirks or changing things like structure.. i do care when they remove things like the gauss cooldown on the Grid Iron or the srm cooldown quirks on the Huggin. they were the entire reason those mechs were purchased, removing them turns a mech like the Grid Iron into an underpowered 4G

Grid Iron was introduced WITHOUT said quirks. All things are subject to change with F2P games. If people bought a chassis solely for a (temporarily) broken quirk, can't say I feel for em.

#192 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:40 AM

View PostAlienized, on 12 September 2015 - 07:38 AM, said:

you dont need to scan those mechs up close. you can see where they are hurt, you should know what to shoot when you brawl even without knowing the exact loadout.

Really, so "becuase I know where to shoot" when an Atlas crests a hill, the entire mech is present, so I shoot the ballisic side only to find out after two cycles that his CT was cherry red the entire time.

....when I finally lock before my third cycle?

So I'm eating fire instead of killing a mech, I have about 14 target acquisition modules for that reason.

Edited by Yokaiko, 12 September 2015 - 07:41 AM.

#193 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:44 AM

Lol I went to bed and this train is still rollin

I love the amount of tears in here

Fear change, peasants!!!

#194 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:44 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 12 September 2015 - 07:40 AM, said:

Really, so "becuase I know where to shoot" when an Atlas crests a hill, the entire mech is present, so I shoot the ballisic side only to find out after two cycles that his CT was cherry red the entire time.

....when I finally lock before my third cycle?

So I'm eating fire instead of killing a mech, I have about 14 target acquisition modules for that reason.

are you literally that bad to notice a heavily shot center torso on your damn own? i dont want to believe this.

ok i give you a little advice: always shoot first. always. doesnt matter where but shoot first, preferably at the center.
why? if you brawl you gonna brawl hard and fast. which means shoot its center out ASAP.
dead center dead mech and you can continue to move before more enemies appear.
i have no idea why you want to wait for target information before you want to shoot but thats your thing.

im not wasting time on waiting for data in a brawl. i look at the enemy, notice where it got shot and shoot it. that doesnt take long and it doesnt distract.

Edited by Alienized, 12 September 2015 - 07:49 AM.

#195 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:46 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 12 September 2015 - 07:40 AM, said:

Grid Iron was introduced WITHOUT said quirks. All things are subject to change with F2P games. If people bought a chassis solely for a (temporarily) broken quirk, can't say I feel for em.

Lol you don't just take the training wheels off the bike Bishop!! The kids get cranky!! :P

#196 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:50 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 12 September 2015 - 07:40 AM, said:

I bought the grid because of the quirks. It made it different than the others 4g 4h. I bought the ilya to 3x gauss that we removed too. Most the mechs I buy for a reason why is this a bad thing? I don't buy them for their looks like some people hehe

Edited by Monkey Lover, 12 September 2015 - 07:51 AM.

#197 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:52 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 12 September 2015 - 07:50 AM, said:

I bought the grid because of the quirks. It made it different than the others 4g 4h. I bought the ilya to 3x gauss that we removed too. Most the mechs I buy for a reason why is this a bad thing?

So, you bought it because you knew it was massively overquirked (50% Cooldown vs 25%??), in a game with Dynamic Balancing (glacially slow dynamic balancing, but still ever changing)..... and you are now upset that it finally is addressed? After seeing the TDR-9S quirked, etc?

Huh.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 12 September 2015 - 07:52 AM.

#198 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:52 AM

View PostAlienized, on 12 September 2015 - 07:44 AM, said:

are you literally that bad to notice a heavily shot center torso on your damn own? i dont want to believe this.

ok i give you a little advice: always shoot first. always. doesnt matter where but shoot first, preferably at the center.
why? if you brawl you gonna brawl hard and fast. which means shoot its center out ASAP.
dead center dead mech and you can continue to move before more enemies appear.
i have no idea why you want to wait for target information before you want to shoot but thats your thing.

im not wasting time on waiting for data in a brawl. i look at the enemy, notice where it got shot and shoot it. that doesnt take long and it doesnt distract.

Yes, when I'm running a 50 ton mech, I always chew through the +100 points of a front loaded Atlas first

......said no one with a brain ever.

You shoot the RT, always, if the RA is there you shot that ST.

#199 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:53 AM

If you're in a 50 ton mech what are you doing standing in front of an atlas?

#200 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:55 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 12 September 2015 - 07:52 AM, said:

Yes, when I'm running a 50 ton mech, I always chew through the +100 points of a front loaded Atlas first

......said no one with a brain ever.

You shoot the RT, always, if the RA is there you shot that ST.

waitwat. you engage a atlas face first with a 50ton mech and you are NOT engaging it from behind or the sides?!?.....
my bad. i really thought you knew better the way you are posting in this forum.

if you really have the desire to do that, at least have the guts to take the fire.

42 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 42 guests, 0 anonymous users