• CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:52 AM

View PostAmsro, on 12 September 2015 - 11:51 AM, said:

And yet Russ also said.

Link is here.

As usual he eats his own words quickly.

Newer info said it won't be ready for the 22nd (town hall).

October is the new ETA.

Preferably never, or heavy iterations later.

Edited by Mcgral18, 12 September 2015 - 11:53 AM.

#282 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:53 AM

His opinion at the time.

#283 Lady Adahna

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:53 AM

I feel like we dont have enough information. If this is just a first pass or just testing very specific things, let us know other wise people assume the worst. We need to know what we need to be testing are we are just doing radar ranges etc or are we needing to look at ttk, or weapon balance, It needs to be more focused or else we all run around like the sky is falling because we dont know what is ahead.

#284 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:57 AM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 12 September 2015 - 11:13 AM, said:

lol?

wtf did I just watch?

And if it was a joke, yes, I missed it.

#285 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:16 PM

View PostBurktross, on 12 September 2015 - 10:45 AM, said:

Posted Image

I would pay MC for that cammo.

#286 GrimRiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationIf not here and not there, then where?

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:23 PM

I kept saying add new gamemodes but people were soo against that and now things that don't need change are getting changed and things that DO need change gets ignored. It's Sep,12th today and they got until Oct to change all the quirks, that doesn't leave them much time.

Im betting people wish they just added new gamemodes instead now.

#287 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:30 PM

View PostMazzyplz, on 12 September 2015 - 11:23 AM, said:

pgi kept using that word... LOL

now we know what it changed.

View PostGrimRiver, on 12 September 2015 - 12:23 PM, said:

I kept saying add new gamemodes but people were soo against that and now things that don't need change are getting changed and things that DO need change gets ignored. It's Sep,12th today and they got until Oct to change all the quirks, that doesn't leave them much time.

Im betting people wish they just added new gamemodes instead now.

PGI is on track with their 1 gamemode a year thing.

2012 = Conquest
2013 = Skirmish
2014 = CW
2015 = ????? (the 4v4 thing for CW in Phase 3 - Counter Attack doesn't really count)

Edited by Deathlike, 12 September 2015 - 12:36 PM.

#288 Red Shrike

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:40 PM

View PostYokaiko, on 12 September 2015 - 11:37 AM, said:

GO try it.

Tried to get a game on the PTS for close to 20 minutes. Nothing.

Maybe I'll try again.

#289 R0B0TULISM

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:58 PM

I go on vacation for a week and come back to this ****. Seriously, what the ******* ****? Christ almighty, I didn't think I was going to be happy with the balance changes, but I can't even fathom how this got released to the PTS.

I've played a number of online and F2P titles over the years, and I have to say, this is one of the, if not THE most ill-conceived balance pass I've ever seen.

The best part is there's no reason to believe it won't go live, in this state, based on what we've seen of
PGI in the past.

Also,
Dear White Knights,
The sky might not be falling, but that shadow you're standing in looks suspiciously anvil-shaped.

#290 Alex Morgaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:01 PM

Ok at this point is placeholders is obvious. What they're probably doing is setting
A) how certain adjustment previously never used will effect the mechs,
B) what the community salts over,
C) what actually keeps some balance and keeps ttk at a decent level, without making one faction totally pointless.

IF, I stress if, they are working procedurally, the next changes on pts (before this goes live, I hope...) we'll see are the over the top quirks being removed, and some of the structure quirks changing to armor. Possibly some weaker mechs (huggin seems the poster child) getting weapon quirks again.

#291 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:04 PM

View PostTimberwolf581, on 12 September 2015 - 12:40 PM, said:

Tried to get a game on the PTS for close to 20 minutes. Nothing.

Maybe I'll try again.

Try later at night. Pop seams to go up around 6-8pm. I will be on tonight when I get off work.

#292 Red Shrike

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:07 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 12 September 2015 - 01:04 PM, said:

Try later at night. Pop seams to go up around 6-8pm. I will be on tonight when I get off work.

It is at night.

#293 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:10 PM

The comical arrogance of all this is the presumption that this game can be balanced. :rolleyes:

Approach parity and or equity?... "Possibly". But balanced?... Never. The myriad of environmental and mechanical variable makes this an impossible task.

To demonstrate just a microcosm of this... Take a single mech, any mech. Same everything down to the armor points. Move one high-mounted weapon and move is to a low mount and the mech instantly becomes lesser...

How the frack do you expect to balance this game when not only can we move weapon mount but also mount larger weapons than the hard point should allow?

Multiply this 100 fold and you have the wide-open dichotomy that PGI faces when trying to balance this game.

MW:O balance is a lie...

#294 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:10 PM

View PostSaxie, on 11 September 2015 - 08:35 PM, said:

I'm so glad you made all those posts in the feedback forums!

Oh wait...

Please leave constructive and calm criticism on this 200$ dish of fine steak you ordered!
Posted Image

This **** doesn't deserve feedback. Feedback is for works in progress; a jumping point-- not effortless spreadsheet RNG work.

#295 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:12 PM

If ever there was a time for us to stand together and say in one voice "No"

This is it.

#296 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:15 PM

View PostMister D, on 12 September 2015 - 01:12 PM, said:

If ever there was a time for us to stand together and say in one voice "No"

This is it.

Occupy General Discussion!

#297 Hydrocarbon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 659 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:16 PM

View PostAlienized, on 12 September 2015 - 06:23 AM, said:

there are people that arent pissed to the max when their toys are nerfed a bit for balance sake. they accept stuff rather than beeing a crybaby about it.

You aren't seeing the forest for the trees. A lot of people ARE these crybabies you disdain. A lot of those crybabies are giving PGI cash, which becomes their principal operating capitol, of which they CAN'T SURVIVE WITHOUT. These crybabies are what provide for future mech packs.

There's also the fact that people have a plethora of game choices, and the moment a game becomes unfun - people leave in droves. Considering that mechwarrior's alure has been it's simulation aspect, the fact that another hardcore sim (Star Citi-something?) is coming out relatively soon for much less should make you reconsider how all this whining will impact you.

No funs = no moneys = no PGI = no MWO = your toys completely unplayable

#298 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:19 PM

Hey, any old forum warriors? How big do y'all think blowout will be vs 3pv?

#299 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:21 PM

Problem is you shouldnt let the Community decide in important game decisions. See the rediculous PSR poll. The amount of people who voted on full disclosure alone should be something to consider about your future decisions. But Communities are often used for gathering feedback. But that does not mean PGI should listen.

Communities are good at custom sounds, custom (map)packs and more. Not on gamedecisions. I have said this tons of times before.

If i was PGI, i would say a big F to this Community as well, because obviously the whole playerbase is borked and have so many opinions, proposals, demands and other silly things. It's destroying the Feedback and giving the PGI impression that you guys do nothing more then complaining.

On the other hand we got these quirktards who go all the way and then complain that their weapon quirks got removed and can't run their 'optimized' builds anymore. Blame it on the rebalance and shuffles away in silence.

Or what about these metatards? - Same story. They just slap lasers and gauss on X mech and expect it to work out of the box. Preferly Clan mechs and unleash the button manga. More optimising. Plz!

Or the spreadsheet warriors. Interesting. I like spreadsheet warriors. Fresh view on things.

I get where PGI is pointing at. I do get the base point they are making. But hell this is from PGI i pretty much agree on is just so wrong on many levels that hard cristicsm is justified. But i think we are not seeing the full story here. Just one side(d) and that's from a fair toxic Community.

People really need to get a gripe and shut up for a moment. Take a breath. Because why would PGI listen to a bunch of fanboys who thinks they can handle balance? From the Community over the past 3 years ALOT of balance proposals / suggestions have been made and practically NONE have made it so far.

TLDR: Quit the insults. Write something in feedback. Look at the whole picture. Both parties are to blame. PGI for terrible communication (140 cap on Twitter, amazing PR strategy, any company's wet dream) and tranparancy about rebalances, features and more, but so is the Community for shooting any idea's and come up with their own version instead. While a Community once again should not be involved in important game making decisions. Feedback fine, stories fine, chit chat: fine. Complaining, leading tunnel visions and the butthurt about a certain thing and filling up the forums with more trash is not.

Ofcourse me and alot of other verterans got the door repeatly slammed in our faces over the last years, but PGI has improved and over the course. Not everything is bright and joy but so are we.

I am no White Knight, but i can even taste the salt up my arse. I like riots as well, but this is just too much. All'rght?

When i don't like it, i just slip it through my mind and write some feedback instead of throwing salt around. If the whole re-balance isnt to my liking i just [temporary] quit this game.

(This is written with all respect but i just showed the mentality in one post what a toxic Community can do. Isnt it facinating?)

Edited by Sarlic, 12 September 2015 - 01:36 PM.

#300 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:22 PM

This is pretty much the disaster I predicted when I saw Paul was involved. At least this is months away from going live so I can play for a little while longer until they ruin the game.

28 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 28 guests, 0 anonymous users