209 replies to this topic

#161 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:15 AM

Been sitting on this one for a long time.

Now imagine this in every single match, on top of the TKing.

#162 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:19 AM

Not sure if name and shame or not? I mean... he outed himself in his own thread, so.... *shrug*

But, see? Right there. Your team might have stood a chance, but as soon as he started being toxic, there was zero chance for your team to even use VoiP. None. Whatsoever. It was just being flooded with hate.

#163 DarthHias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:24 AM

Grade A Psychopath. Has been for years will be forever.

#164 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:27 AM

Gangbanger with a rep, lengthy rap sheet, multiple terms served for assault and murder.

In prison, "finds Jesus" and reforms.

Couple months after release, goes to a party with his homies. "Accidentally" discharges firearm, hitting another banger. Things escalate, bullets fly, bodies drop.

Barring massive, indisputable video evidence and credible witness testimony, what happens to said OG banger, even if it actually were a legit accident? ( and ignoring the legal implications of felon with a gun, associating with known criminals, in and of itself)

Point being, whatever the "truth" of the matter is in this matter, PGI can only go by the witness reports given, evidence on hand, and person in question's past deeds and actions/attitude.

A lot of States have a "3 Strike" standard toward felonies. Regardless of intent, Kristian struck out, and his past rep simply ensured no leniency. We make our own beds.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 07 June 2016 - 06:33 AM.

#165 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:33 AM

Best part of the video isn't his racist, homophobic rant, it's the "I'M PROUD OF EVERYTHING I SAID!!!" at the end.

#166 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:34 AM

I know PGI does not agree, but I still think occasional public outing of permaban situations - with explicit details as to the situation that lead to the ban - is beneficial to the community as a whole.

For one thing, it provides simple proof that toxic members of the community are being dealt with by the devs, which reinforces trust with the developers. For another, it lets others know that if they do anything like what the banned individual did, they too could be banned, leading to lower overall incidences of that behaviour and, in turn, improving the overall atmosphere of the playerbase. A happier playerbase then means less animosity towards the developers, and that feeds back into the reinforced trust towards the developers that take action against toxic elements.

It's a model that works well in Guild Wars 2, except they tend to only "out" people when they appeal it. One dev even got into a cheater's account, and made a public video of throwing it off a balcony to its death before being permabanned. The community ate it up. Story related to that, and video, here: http://massivelyop.c...wars-2-cheater/

#167 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:36 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 07 June 2016 - 06:34 AM, said:

I know PGI does not agree, but I still think occasional public outing of permaban situations - with explicit details as to the situation that lead to the ban - is beneficial to the community as a whole.

For one thing, it provides simple proof that toxic members of the community are being dealt with by the devs, which reinforces trust with the developers. For another, it lets others know that if they do anything like what the banned individual did, they too could be banned, leading to lower overall incidences of that behaviour and, in turn, improving the overall atmosphere of the playerbase. A happier playerbase then means less animosity towards the developers, and that feeds back into the reinforced trust towards the developers that take action against toxic elements.

It's a model that works well in Guild Wars 2, except they tend to only "out" people when they appeal it. One dev even got into a cheater's account, and made a public video of throwing it off a balcony to its death before being permabanned. The community ate it up. Story related to that, and video, here: http://massivelyop.c...wars-2-cheater/

The justice system makes examples of high profile offenders for a reason. It won't stop three serial offenders, but it does impact the fringe dwellers.

#168 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:39 AM

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 07 June 2016 - 06:15 AM, said:

Been sitting on this one for a long time.

Now imagine this in every single match, on top of the TKing.

Yeah. That's him in a nutshell. Good player, but bad trash. No loss.

#169 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:01 AM

View Postdervishx5, on 06 June 2016 - 09:40 PM, said:

Obviously the forums should have rules. If I started shouting racial slurs, that should be dealt with like the OP in this thread. But if people can get posts deleted simply because they don't like them, then we've gone a bit too far.

It depends whether or not, that post breaks the rules or not, if it breaks the rules it goes, if not, person who reported it, gets told your being silly, or simply ignored by the mods, it's not for us to decide what's ok, and what's not, if anyone feels a mod is being unreasonable on a regular basis there is a correct way of dealing with that also

#170 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:04 AM

View PostTercieI, on 07 June 2016 - 06:39 AM, said:

Yeah. That's him in a nutshell. Good player, but bad trash. No loss.

People want to defend people's online behavior as not bring the "real" person. Such hogwash. A person's real nature is revealed by how he acts when inhibitors are removed, be it through drugs and alcohol, or the anonymity of the web.

We learned that Mel Gibson is a vile, racist misogynist, thanks to alcohol. And thanks to livestreams , we get to see the full splendor of who Kristian really is. Face to face, IRL, most angry, hateful people are just too cowardly to reveal their core, for feat of repercussions.

I must say, after LT Hardcase's little video bombshell, good riddance to a truly sad individual.

#171 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:07 AM

Wouldn't "breaking the meta" require you to take the same mech that is being used for the meta, put a different load out on it, and then do equal or better with it?

#172 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:09 AM

View Postdervishx5, on 06 June 2016 - 09:17 PM, said:

No I mean like the Stalinism aspect of these forums. A special snowflake doesn't like a post, report it, and it never existed to begin with!

It's not Stalinism, it's moderation of a forum for a privately owned game.

We have no rights here, there is no such thing as freedom of "speech" here.

While we're on the subject, "Freedom of Speech" means we can express our OPINIONS freely, it does not cover us for libel, slander, using obscenities, etc.

This is a common misconception that many people make, thinking "free speech" means you are allowed to go on an 18 minute profanity laced childish tirade where you post a video with someones real picture, and call them names like this is an elementary school yard.

When you get banned for being a toxic, self-admitted repetitive team killer and all around poor sportsman you do not deserve to "air out your grievances" on a game company's private, moderated forum. Let him take it to reddit, there is no PGI CoC there, although I doubt the reception will be all that welcome.

Edited by Ultimax, 07 June 2016 - 07:13 AM.

#173 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:14 AM

View PostUltimax, on 07 June 2016 - 07:09 AM, said:

It's not Stalinism, it's moderation of a forum for a privately owned game.

We have no rights here, there is no such thing as freedom of "speech" here.

While we're on the subject, "Freedom of Speech" means we can express our OPINIONS freely, it does not cover us for libel, slander, using obscenities, etc.

This is a common misconception that many people make, thinking "free speech" means you are allowed to go on an 18 minute profanity laced childish tirade where you post a video with someones real picture, and call them names like this is an elementary school yard.

When you get banned for being a toxic, self-admitted repetitive team killer and all around poor sportsman you do not deserve to "air out your grievances" on a game company's private, moderated forum. Let him take it to reddit, there is no PGI CoC there, although I doubt the reception will be all that welcome.

Even tighter definition than that. Freedom of speech refers to the GOVERNMENT restricting what you say. It does not, does NOT extend to non-governmental entities. Let alone a business' website.

#174 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:15 AM

View PostUltimax, on 07 June 2016 - 07:09 AM, said:

I don't know, given what I've heard about the saltiness of the MWO Reddiots, he should fit right in there like a pig in shite.

#175 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:17 AM

That AS7-S is pretty much the 'meta' right now. So what if you have an XL the load out is pretty much the same.

My AS7-S has

4 x ML
1 x LBX10
2 x SRM6
2 x LRM10
XL340

My other AS7-S

2 x LL
2 x ML
1 X GAUSS
3 x SRM6
XL340

That's breaking the 'meta'

#176 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:19 AM

View PostDjPush, on 07 June 2016 - 07:17 AM, said:

That AS7-S is pretty much the 'meta' right now. So what if you have an XL the load out is pretty much the same.

XL on an Atlas... just no

#177 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:33 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 07 June 2016 - 06:19 AM, said:

But, see? Right there. Your team might have stood a chance, but as soon as he started being toxic, there was zero chance for your team to even use VoiP.
Odds of avoiding a loss there are about as good as the server going down and stats not counting the match.

#178 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:35 AM

View PostGhogiel, on 07 June 2016 - 07:33 AM, said:

Odds of avoiding a loss there are about as good as the server going down and stats not counting the match.

Odds became 100% certainty once he locked the channel with non-stop hate speech invective..

But way to miss the actual issues at hand, I guess?

#179 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:36 AM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 07 June 2016 - 07:19 AM, said:

XL on an Atlas... just no

Of the 8 Atlases I have, 3 use XL engines. I like the risk sometimes. The increased mobility of an XL Atlas pays off more often than not. You just have to play differently with them.

#180 Firearrow

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:39 AM

Had many a match seeing this guy run off on his own and die then rage at the team for not backing him up time and time again.

All I can say is well done PGI well done.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users