Countdown To The Crab Release Oct 6Th - 1 Days Left!

231 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:33 AM

Welcome to the countdown of the Resistance II Crab!!
Let's celebrate the Crab with daily images, videos, and info until it's arrival on October 6th!

10/05/15
DAYS LEFT: 1

Crab Medium Battlemech Sneak Peek

10/04/15
DAYS LEFT: 2

Faction Patterns

10/03/15
DAYS LEFT: 3

SCALE COMPARISON

10/02/15
DAYS LEFT: 4

SPECIAL GEO

10/01/15
DAYS LEFT: 5

CRAB TITLE AND BADGE!

Title:
The Clamps

Badge:

#2 Oberost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:34 AM

Nice badge...

#3 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:35 AM

Awesome. I look forward to seeing this unfold. Hopefully there's some symmetrical claw variants out there (if they add in a way to cosmetically alter the claw visuals I'd pay money for that . . . once flamers are fixed). If not, it's still an awesome mech, by OCD will just be nagging me a little when I pilot it. I can live with that.

Edit: And people thought the King Crab led to lots of pinching jokes . . . this mech even has a matching badge and title to throw into the mix.

Edited by Sereglach, 01 October 2015 - 11:37 AM.

#4 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:40 AM

Why does that pic make it look like a Stalker-nosed Dragon?

#5 Varvar86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 441 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:41 AM

Very unique looking mech, amazing art and designers work. Love it.

#6 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:56 AM

CRAB PEOPLE, CRAB PEOPLE:

All Hail the almighty seafood invasion.

#7 Nexano

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFrom There

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:59 AM

Currently brought full R2 pack just for this mech and put my highest hope to it. Pls don't fail this up PGI, still love ya. Eager to see fresh screenshots.

#8 Looke Groundrunner

• PipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:03 PM

By far the best title and badge! ^.^ Looking forward to riding this chaotic crustacean into battle!

#9 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:16 PM

View Poststealthraccoon, on 01 October 2015 - 12:16 PM, said:

Oh finally!!! I was starting to run out of innuendos about STD's!

Oh finally!!! I was starting to run out of innuendos about STD's!

P.s. Thank you for keeping the little satellite dish on top - you don't know how boring it can get on a long mission when you have terrible reception! That means a lot to me, I get grumpy without my Dancing with The Intergalactic Stars.

Edit: size comparison
Holy crap they are short!!! Do I like it? HELL JEAH!
But more importantly, there is no reason they don't shorten the Trebuchet now, the Crab is just as wide and half as tall - even with the lengthy torso, or the Trebuchet is 80% hollow, the size difference is extreme.

Edited by stealthraccoon, 03 October 2015 - 01:18 PM.

#10 Sparkymarkyp

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 187 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:18 PM

I think if you own the King as well you should get an achievement - "I've got Crabs"

Wait hang on..

#11 Steelmesh

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:44 PM

We asked the devs for resistance mechs, and they GAVE US CRABS!

AGAIN! :P

Seriously though... as soon as this mech is out, we gotta have a CW match where the FIRST DROP will have 10 crabs and 2 king crabs, and 2 direwolves and 10 timberwolves..

#12 Rentier

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 172 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty, it was

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:02 PM

View PostNexano, on 01 October 2015 - 11:59 AM, said:

Currently brought full R2 pack just for this mech and put my highest hope to it. Pls don't fail this up PGI, still love ya. Eager to see fresh screenshots.

best screen eva:
Posted Image
https://instagram.com/p/8FUQrwDPn4/

Edited by Rentier, 01 October 2015 - 01:03 PM.

#13 Novawrecker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:07 PM

All Hail Operation: Red Tide Invasion!
Posted Image

#14 Telmasa

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:09 PM

inb4 "DOA" threads flood GD

#15 BansheeNTD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 549 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:10 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 01 October 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

Posted Image

Ahh a Childhood Pic from me befor I Iost my Arms in War!~ I was so slim~

and yet~
Posted Image

Edited by BansheeNorn, 01 October 2015 - 01:11 PM.

#16 Rando Slim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 459 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:15 PM

I am pretty sure I'm gonna regret buying this. It looks cool but its just gonna go the way of the Dragon, Jenner, and Catapult. So yes, I'm gonna have to say it: Dead On Arrival, R.I.P. Crab: 10/6/2015-10/7/2015. Cause of Death: Obviously forseeably terrible hit-boxes. Remember kids: Geometry is Destiny in this game. Its one thing to make the game a collect-a-thon. I've sunk my expectations to where thats all I expect now and have given up on a fully fleshed out game. But its another thing entirely to keep designing these mechs that will be OBVIOUSLY BAD because you INSIST on giving us mechs with these sorts of designs: too tall, too low slung of arms with weapons on the UNDERSIDE of the arm for some ******* reason, too wide, or a CT that sticks out and can be hit from a 270 degree arc. You guys clearly don't play your own game enough, or listen when people tell you the kinds of TRUTHFUL and ACCURATE things that I just said. I'm not saying it to be a troll or a naysayer, I'm saying it because everyone wins when you listen to the people who have played thousands of matches and know better. It saves PGI on wasting money and time designing DOA mechs, and saves consumers from buying stuff that they can't compete in that will end up collecting dust and rust in the mechbay. The only way this mech will be ok is if from day ONE, PGI arbitrarily quirks the CT to end up with double or even triple its CT armor/structure. And the sad thing is everything I have written here is slap-you-in-the-face obvious from merely glancing at the mech for three seconds. Is there no one at PGI that looks at concept sketches of these things and thinks about them from a practical gameplay perspective? Does no one at PGI ever say: "well thanks for your beutiful work Alex (or whoever), but players can't get along with this, it will melt in four seconds because that CT is obnoxiously easy to hit from all sides". I mean would ya just LOOK at that schnoz? Good grief it might be the MOST EGREGIOUS case yet of Dragon syndrome. That thing sticks out so damn far you'll be bumping into walls 25 meters in front of you. That CT is as long as half the mech is tall..........

Edited by Rando Slim, 01 October 2015 - 01:30 PM.

#17 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:22 PM

View PostRando Slim, on 01 October 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

I am pretty sure I'm gonna regret buying this. It looks cool but its just gonna go the way of the Dragon, Jenner, and Catapult. So yes, I'm gonna have to say it: Dead On Arrival, R.I.P. Crab: 10/6/2015-10/7/2015. Cause of Death: Obviously forseeably terrible hit-boxes. Remember kids: Geometry is Destiny in this game. Its one thing to make the game a collect-a-thon. I've sunk my expectations to where thats all I expect now and have given up on a fully fleshed out game. But its another thing entirely to keep designing these mechs that will be OBVIOUSLY BAD because you INSIST on giving us mechs with these sorts of designs: too tall, too low slung of arms with weapons on the UNDERSIDE of the arm for some ******* reason, too wide, or a CT that sticks out and can be hit from a 270 degree arc. You guys clearly don't play your own game enough, or listen when people tell you the kinds of TRUTHFUL and ACCURATE things that I just said. I'm not saying it to be a troll or a naysayer, I'm saying it because everyone wins when you listen to the people who have played thousands of matches and know better. It saves PGI on wasting money and time designing DOA mechs, and saves consumers from buying stuff that they can't compete in that will end up collecting dust and rust in the mechbay.

okay.

#18 ColonelProctor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 243 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHorn Lake, Mississippi

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:55 PM

Love the title,reminds me of the mafia robot from Futurama.

#19 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:58 PM

View PostInflatable Fish, on 01 October 2015 - 01:22 PM, said:

okay.

I second that emotion - maybe he didn't notice it's a crab... With pinchy pinchy claws! So what if the hit boxes are 90% center torso, it's a FLIPPING GIANT LASER CRAB!

#20 OneAndOnlyObsidian

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:20 PM

View PostRando Slim, on 01 October 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

I am pretty sure I'm gonna regret buying this. It looks cool but its just gonna go the way of the Dragon, Jenner, and Catapult. So yes, I'm gonna have to say it: Dead On Arrival, R.I.P. Crab: 10/6/2015-10/7/2015. Cause of Death: Obviously forseeably terrible hit-boxes. Remember kids: Geometry is Destiny in this game. Its one thing to make the game a collect-a-thon. I've sunk my expectations to where thats all I expect now and have given up on a fully fleshed out game. But its another thing entirely to keep designing these mechs that will be OBVIOUSLY BAD because you INSIST on giving us mechs with these sorts of designs: too tall, too low slung of arms with weapons on the UNDERSIDE of the arm for some ******* reason, too wide, or a CT that sticks out and can be hit from a 270 degree arc. You guys clearly don't play your own game enough, or listen when people tell you the kinds of TRUTHFUL and ACCURATE things that I just said. I'm not saying it to be a troll or a naysayer, I'm saying it because everyone wins when you listen to the people who have played thousands of matches and know better. It saves PGI on wasting money and time designing DOA mechs, and saves consumers from buying stuff that they can't compete in that will end up collecting dust and rust in the mechbay. The only way this mech will be ok is if from day ONE, PGI arbitrarily quirks the CT to end up with double or even triple its CT armor/structure. And the sad thing is everything I have written here is slap-you-in-the-face obvious from merely glancing at the mech for three seconds. Is there no one at PGI that looks at concept sketches of these things and thinks about them from a practical gameplay perspective? Does no one at PGI ever say: "well thanks for your beutiful work Alex (or whoever), but players can't get along with this, it will melt in four seconds because that CT is obnoxiously easy to hit from all sides". I mean would ya just LOOK at that schnoz? Good grief it might be the MOST EGREGIOUS case yet of Dragon syndrome. That thing sticks out so damn far you'll be bumping into walls 25 meters in front of you. That CT is as long as half the mech is tall..........

Coming from someone who has played thousands of matches in the Jenner, Catapult, and Dragon, you couldn't be more wrong. Yes, they have a CT the size of a barn, but that can be used to their advantage (they're all very XL safe, for example). not every mech needs to have high weapon mounts and a microscopic CT to be effective. lower mounts and a lower profile makes a mech more effective in a brawl (Which alot of players seem to fail to see rewards with high damage which results in more of those sweet, sweet spacemonies, even at a high risk.)
TL;DR
Learn to torso twist, stop being a ***** sniper, and STOP CALLING MECHS DOA.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users