Killer Deals 2! Added Bonus' When You Purchase Mc!

67 replies to this topic

#21 Gattsus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 843 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:15 PM

View PostGreyNovember, on 05 October 2015 - 05:59 PM, said:

Mist. Lynx.

That's. That's a reward is it?

I pilot commandos, locust, spiders and must linx, I like the challenge,and it's bloody fun.

Otoh if others like tbr/hbr/dwfs, what can I say...

Edited by Gattsus, 05 October 2015 - 10:17 PM.

#22 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:25 PM

Yeah, nice.

But BattleTech game kickstarted by HBS offers actual content for my money, not just one 'Mech for this arena FPS called MWO.

#23 anonymous161

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:29 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 05 October 2015 - 04:58 PM, said:

not their fault you're too stingy to buy MC for the last..what.. 10 months?

also, for all you guys whining about content and such, you do realize just how small Pirahna is of a company, they're doing stuff like this so they can hire more people, which will then get stuff done faster, and better, and then get it out to us. all the whiners whining about "where's new content" don't realize these MC and Mech Pack sales are what's PAYING for the new content to get created.

and Hardcase, other than telling you to look out for Smoke Jaguar Mad Cats ;) you should be informed they did it that way so people who are actually loyal cash wise to the game get loyalty rewards, not just when it's convenient for them to buy it (though i can think of at least three MC sales that happened in the past year too).

this sale at least rewards the the guys who waited for sales with free omnis or heroes. May not be as cool the stuff the people who count for loyalty rewards got, but at least PGI's giving them something.

regards,
Arkhangel.

...HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!.....HAAAAAAHAHAAHAA!!!

#24 Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 358 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:30 PM

A Black Friday (or similar sale in the next year) will bring more bang for the buck.
Also, this CBill-sale will likely not count towards the "Customer Loyalty Programm 2016" - which is the fault in the logic of the programm; acquistions in the 4th quarter will not rewarded.
Thanks, but no interest.

#25 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:42 PM

I hope everyone here realizes that there is a chance that MC purchases occur daily. Not only does this gives incentive but it also rewards the folks who purchase MC on a daily basis.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 05 October 2015 - 10:43 PM.

#26 Flokoloko

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:52 PM

Last time, the rewards were a little better (#of MC for a mech AND those were at that time Gift Store only)

https://mwomercs.com...tart-march-20th

For example a Nova, last time 30 bucks, now 50 bucks

Edited by Flokoloko, 05 October 2015 - 10:53 PM.

#27 1Grimbane

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,123 posts
  • Locationsafe. . . . . you'll never get me in my hidey hole.

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:12 PM

Am I the only one wondering why the timberwolf in the pic has high mounted energy points on it's left torso, or am I missing the best timber omni pod ever in my warehouse?

nevermind lol just saw the onmi pod in the warehouse

Edited by 1Grimbane, 05 October 2015 - 11:17 PM.

#28 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:30 PM

View PostEmpyrrean, on 05 October 2015 - 06:29 PM, said:

Wow you're so delusional it hurts. We all know that's not what PGI uses our money for. It's so Paul can keep going on vacations.

well, he needs them, did you SEE him that last Vlog? :P

#29 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:56 PM

View Post3xnihilo, on 05 October 2015 - 06:15 PM, said:

Bonus sale announced the night my dryer quit working :(

Easy choice. What do you need a dryer for anyways?

#30 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:59 PM

buy 29.95 for ACH-C

otherwise.....

#31 Kotzi

• 1,356 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:05 AM

View PostTitannium, on 05 October 2015 - 11:59 PM, said:

buy 29.95 for ACH-C

otherwise.....

Al Quaida wins.

Anyone knows this referrence?

#32 Ostrea

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:25 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 05 October 2015 - 04:58 PM, said:

...(all of it)...

I agree with you, Arkhangel, perhaps because I'm still a lowly newbie and perhaps because I understand that real talent in game design does not come cheaply. I believe that MWO draws a relatively small but very special breed of gamer that's tough to gain, tough to please and tough to keep – imho the best breed. Unlike the many other online games I've known in decades, it is here where a newbie soon discovers whether or not he/she is truly made of the “right stuff”. It really SUCKS being a newbie. In battle, I stand in awe of the talent and skills of most veterans around me – and still wonder if I have “the right stuff”. Veterans have every right to be skeptical of this offer. They've already paid their dues and helped make the game what it is today. Every newbie owes them too. But MWO and veterans alike need obnoxious newbies like me to keep the game alive and growing. Many newbies like me will (reluctantly) take advantage of this offer because we need lots more practice and lots more stuff to help find out if we have the “right stuff”.

View PostTitannium, on 05 October 2015 - 03:48 PM, said:

The ACH-C seems to me the biggest + (its 3000 MC price now +-, so 15$ for free on 29$ pack)

Thx. That's the one I'll buy then. Where else can I get my adrenaline fix anytime for the price of a tank of gas or two 12 packs of real beer?

View Post3xnihilo, on 05 October 2015 - 06:15 PM, said:

Bonus sale announced the night my dryer quit working :(

Not good.
Don't get hosed easily by some techie. Dryers are relatively light. You will likely save much money by taking it to a appliance repair shop rather than pay for the service call. It's likely the door switch (cheap), the heating element (not so bad), the start button (not so bad), a thermostat (cheap) or, if you're really lucky, just your tripped breaker. When all fails, find a normal capacity, plain Jane Whirlpool dryer on Craig's List. Whatever you do, don't buy any dryer that brags about anything "automatic" or digital. Constant heat and moisure kill "automatic" and anything digital before long.
Best of luck to you. :)

#33 dragnier1

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:30 AM

This bonus is enticing. I always like mech bays.

Always.

Edited by dragnier1, 06 October 2015 - 03:30 AM.

#34 Ratsnacker

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:41 AM

Great..... I literally just purchased the ACH-C yesterday!

#35 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:11 AM

A couple of days ago I suggested in the General Topics forum that PGI ought to offer an incentive to buy MC after the rewards mechs were injected.

Ask and ye shall receive. Thanks PGI this works out nicely.
1 less Wolverine to buy. Too bad the Zeus isn't the other bonus mech for the 25000MC package, but I will take the T-bolt!. Thanks again!

Now my decent to Tier-6 will be even faster with all these new mechs to play! Excellent fun.

#36 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:21 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Major Component of the Playerbase:
PGI we want a real game with real content instead of buying more and more Battlemechs. We will even pay you RL monies so that you can make a campaign experience or at the very least fulfill the promises you've made to us in the past. Please hear us, please make a real MechWarrior game! We love the detail of your Battlemechs and think that the levels are pretty well made, but we want to see it implemented in some kind of interesting way fitting to the series.

PGI:
Nah, we think we will just keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect you to give us more monies. Oh look! A shiny Warhammer, do you want the Warhammer? Huh? Do you? *jingles it like a parent would jingle keys for a newborn* That will be $55 if you want all of them.

That's the cost of a full triple A game. We spent less on getting The Witcher 3 at launch. Why would we do that?

PGI:
Well we have to pay our staff somehow. Apparently we just don't have the skill or ability to do anything else but what we are doing, even though there are tons of other small scale developers out there who have done much more.
- Oh we know what you want! Rewards for being loyal sheep who keep giving us money that are randomly parsed throughout the year!

But why didn't you tell us about these MC sales before the cutoff for the loyalty rewards?

PGI:
Because then you wouldn't really be loyal sheeple unquestioningly buying things from us if you knew about the rewards before hand! You have to just keep giving us monies constantly if you want to maximize what we are offering!

Well we're sorry PGI, but we will most likely stop buying your product. We are tired of the same skirmish FPS that we've had for 3 years with no real changes, and a bunch of empty promises. We really wanted to support your project and see a real Mechwarrior revival, but we are going to go support this other team that is actually doing something with the IP. We've seen groups like the original founders of mechspecs leave because of all of this, and we've tried to stick it out, but we just can't justify giving you more money anymore.

PGI Apologists:
Shut up! We shouldn't be questioning what PGI does! Either give them moar monies or leave. Your (*you're*) just whiners who expect moar for teh monies that you give them. It isn't unreasonable to spend hundreds, if not thousands, on a single game that is nothing more than a random map rotation with the same skirmish mode over and over again. We love playing CoD and CS and we want that with Mechwarrior. We don't care about depth or a finished game, even though having those wouldn't detract from our online FPS experience, so you shouldn't either! Boo content, give us more stompy robots to fulfill our epeen glory so that we can keep living our CoD and CS days as if we were still 14!

Good luck with that, but we aren't spending any more of "teh monies" until we see some real progress after all of these years. You can keep giving PGI "moar monies", no one is stopping you from doing so, but we will not. We will continue to ask, plead, beg, and demand more from the people who have acquired the IP that we know and love.

Sincerely,
Major Component of the Playerbase

#37 MrEdweird

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:53 AM

View PostGrayson Sortek, on 06 October 2015 - 04:21 AM, said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sincerely,

Nice read. However, this is the case with many F2P games and, honestly, it's been pretty obvious we're just playing a game-in-development since the days of Closed Beta.

In fact, if a game like this would normally take 4-5 years to develop (which we are currently moving up on) and to come out in a relatively finished state, what we have here is an even slower development process. MWO is an odd-one-out, though.

Started with a publisher, ditched it. Had repair/rearm mechanics, ditched those...and honestly, MWO has the most forgiving economy of any F2P game I've seen and certainly the most forgiving of the match based arena games that I know of. The very nature of the game's combat mechanics are unique - especially when it comes to receiving damage - everything is ablative, there's very little RNG involved.

Every vehicle is (more or less) usable (unlike in games of World of Tanks etc. where a single mistake will lead to your death more often than not) and losing pretty much means nothing - you don't lose currency at any rate. It's not quite like PlanetSide 2, for example where death rarely even amounts to anything but that's a different type of F2P game altogether, though the development process has been equally as nuts.

In any case, MANY F2P games that have been PvP only so far have figured it out at last and are starting to roll out PvE content, and in some cases such as Armored Warfare pretty much have it from the start because it's easier to develop off the bat when the code is still fresh.

To me, the increased level of immersion and interactivity in things like the new mechwarrior academy means good times for the future but still - I thought that after all these years of F2P games since like...2009, the gaming community would have known better by now.

EDIT: I forgot to add that, in all honesty, in the past year or so, PGI have really and noticeably stepped up their game imo, even if its like...small things. We used to get patch notes AFTER the downtime for updates has started...now we get them the previous day. Obviously, things have changed internally at PGI for the better. I hope that, having established for themselves a more balanced internal structure, they can now work on a more stable external one - despite what people are saying, many of us have and will continue to support the game and I hope PGI values this - I think it's safe to say that communication (one of the community's pet peeves) has also stepped up. We're starting to see what seemed to be impossible but in retrospect, now seems plausible - "classic" mech designs.

I mean, who knows? The project never involved any single player content. At this point, it's too much to ask for. But I'm willing to bet PGI has plans for a classic single-player campaign MechWarrior.

Edited by Edweird, 06 October 2015 - 05:09 AM.

#38 Sparkymarkyp

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 187 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 06:05 AM

View PostGrayson Sortek, on 06 October 2015 - 04:21 AM, said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

PGI we want a real game with real content instead of buying more and more Battlemechs. We will even pay you RL monies so that you can make a campaign experience or at the very least fulfill the promises you've made to us in the past. Please hear us, please make a real MechWarrior game! We love the detail of your Battlemechs and think that the levels are pretty well made, but we want to see it implemented in some kind of interesting way fitting to the series.

PGI:
Nah, we think we will just keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect you to give us more monies. Oh look! A shiny Warhammer, do you want the Warhammer? Huh? Do you? *jingles it like a parent would jingle keys for a newborn* That will be $55 if you want all of them.

That's the cost of a full triple A game. We spent less on getting The Witcher 3 at launch. Why would we do that?

PGI:
Well we have to pay our staff somehow. Apparently we just don't have the skill or ability to do anything else but what we are doing, even though there are tons of other small scale developers out there who have done much more.
- Oh we know what you want! Rewards for being loyal sheep who keep giving us money that are randomly parsed throughout the year!

But why didn't you tell us about these MC sales before the cutoff for the loyalty rewards?

PGI:
Because then you wouldn't really be loyal sheeple unquestioningly buying things from us if you knew about the rewards before hand! You have to just keep giving us monies constantly if you want to maximize what we are offering!

Well we're sorry PGI, but we will most likely stop buying your product. We are tired of the same skirmish FPS that we've had for 3 years with no real changes, and a bunch of empty promises. We really wanted to support your project and see a real Mechwarrior revival, but we are going to go support this other team that is actually doing something with the IP. We've seen groups like the original founders of mechspecs leave because of all of this, and we've tried to stick it out, but we just can't justify giving you more money anymore.

PGI Apologists:
Shut up! We shouldn't be questioning what PGI does! Either give them moar monies or leave. Your (*you're*) just whiners who expect moar for teh monies that you give them. It isn't unreasonable to spend hundreds, if not thousands, on a single game that is nothing more than a random map rotation with the same skirmish mode over and over again. We love playing CoD and CS and we want that with Mechwarrior. We don't care about depth or a finished game, even though having those wouldn't detract from our online FPS experience, so you shouldn't either! Boo content, give us more stompy robots to fulfill our epeen glory so that we can keep living our CoD and CS days as if we were still 14!

Good luck with that, but we aren't spending any more of "teh monies" until we see some real progress after all of these years. You can keep giving PGI "moar monies", no one is stopping you from doing so, but we will not. We will continue to ask, plead, beg, and demand more from the people who have acquired the IP that we know and love.

Sincerely,

Love it when people speak on my behalf.

If you feel that way, feel free to not let the door hit you in the arse on the way out .

#39 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:06 AM

View PostWVAnonymous, on 05 October 2015 - 10:06 PM, said:

Sorry, didn't think you were serious. If I could give you my Mist Lynxes, I would. I don't want them, but I'm too stubborn to sell them.

I wasn't serious lol.

#40 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:07 AM

Not really interesting...some old Mechs for real money.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users