211 replies to this topic

#121 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:08 AM

View PostHagen von Tronje, on 04 November 2015 - 02:29 AM, said:

I think, I must have been in a different game. :o. I'm not complaining often...but this time....
Never liked conquest...never chose it...landed there two times. The map is not the problem.... :angry:
Wanted Skirmish, at least when I'm playing Assault-Mech....but getting only assault or conquest. :angry:
For now the game is totally screwed :(
Maybe it is time to leave the game for a couple of weeks ...or month.
What was the Name of the game which willbe releast the next days.....Fallout 4, maybe I try this for a while.
Oh, Skyrim is on my desktop too....and swtor....
Why do they think they can do any **** without the Players leaving?

I had opponents and team mates who hid for 10 minutes in skirmish. The only way around it is to break the rules and risk banning.

Or, don't play skirmish at all, which some do. At least in assault you can end the game without breaking the rules.

#122 Alex Novian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 149 posts
  • LocationNew Vandenburg, Taurian Concordat

Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:31 AM

Perhaps it would be a better system to have a pulldown for map select before hitting launch? and as that 'select' option... Have it so it shows the full list of maps and check boxes for the ones you don't want and save them to the current mech.... only allow 3 or so selections for the ones you do not want, the rest would be at the mercy of the MM RNG.

#123 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:38 AM

View PostOldOrgandonor, on 03 November 2015 - 04:04 PM, said:

And I just gave you guys $100 for the Marauder and Warhammer packs...

Joke's on me, I guess.

Very, very PISSED about being forced to play game modes I don't like.

Seriously? You guys really can't learn from your mistakes, can you?

Yea, joke is on you for paying more then what they were sold for.

#124 RapierE01

• 1,576 posts
  • LocationEden

Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:40 AM

Okay i had great Matches with te new MM really. But nearby every Match Skirmish sucks. We only had 2 Assault Matches bu only that there was no Skirmish to chose. :(

#125 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:42 AM

View Poststuh42l, on 03 November 2015 - 10:45 PM, said:

After dropping today I can say this.

Goodbye conquest!

Goodbye Terra Firma!

Goodbye Bog!

Goodbye Alpine!

And hopefully all the terribad whiney babies will follow through and go goodbye as well!

The potential for the game getting better will increase.

#126 Corviness

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 05:24 AM

Choosing map, good idea. Choosing game-mode, what the ****? Greatest **** ever.
I hate conquest, i will never play conquest and if iam in a conquest-match, i will never stay in this ****** squares and cap, never! And I'am not the only one, who think so.
If you pgi, take all three groups of players (but skirmish and assault is nearly the same) and put them on a random mode, all skirmish and assault player will play skirmish and assault in the conquest mode. And the Conquestguys cries and flame, that more than the half team doesnt cap and give a **** about conquest.
So, I give you a perfect fix for that.
Let choose the player ALONE, INDIVIDUELL the game mode and if the game starts, the team can choose the map.
I dont understand, for what you do this, cause most times (more than 66% of the ppl dont play conquest) assault or skirmish wins in the vote.
Do you think, cause conquest is a lost station, with this patch you can allocate the player on all 3 game modes?( 33% - 33% - 33%) Because this is the only thing, I could imagine.

It doesn't work and it will never work.

#127 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 04 November 2015 - 05:43 AM

View Postwfischer, on 03 November 2015 - 10:41 AM, said:

I feel like we're about to have a lot of butthurt forum rage over this new disco penalty system.

Intentionally disconnecting People that drop into a match, then walk away. Personally I'm thinking 3 strikes and you're out.

#128 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 November 2015 - 05:48 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 04 November 2015 - 04:42 AM, said:

And hopefully all the terribad whiney babies will follow through and go goodbye as well!

The potential for the game getting better will increase.

I loled.
:lol:

Oh wait.... you think that's an 'improvement' that won't deplete the already dangerously low population! :o :blink:

mmmoooookayyyy... :ph34r:

Edited by Kjudoon, 04 November 2015 - 05:50 AM.

#129 EightBitKnight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 164 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 November 2015 - 06:04 AM

Not even sure I want to patch... I dislike Skrimish a lot. I don't enjoy hunting down\watching a super fast emc mech for 5mins or more after the rest of their team is dead. I don't mind assault becuase at least you can end it by cap instead and with a little work could be more fun (don't allow capping for the first x amount of the match, quick cap win problem solved by a basic timer). Conquest is fun, you know where the enemy needs to go and battles can range from a few people to the whole team. But now I'm forced to play a mode I don't like and am not good at and don't care to improve in (call me what you want I don't like the mode) Maps I could care less about as long as I actually get to play different maps, I might not enjoy terra threma but I'd rather play a random map 3 time in a row then be out voted because everyone and there dog loves a certain map so that map everytime. If we had like 5 or more true game types then I can see this working but we have 3, 2 of which are almost the same....
I think like many players here it might be time to move on soon which sucks since I haven't even played my wolfhounds. I want to spend money on this game but evey gameplay" improvement" just makes me want to play other games.

You can choose your game type in WoT at least the time I watched my roommate playing it, but IDK I don't play it. I agree if wait times in group are bad this might be a solution but if it's just me wanting to play then I would at least like to be able to unselect the one I hate the most even if it was 1 out 10.

To be clear I don't hate the system so much as I don't see it working well, and just because it works in such and such game does not mean it will work here. Plus we are going from complete control to vote, most of those games only ever had the vote option and were not downgraded to it.

#130 Kotzi

• 1,356 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 06:10 AM

Beeing able to "choose" the map, ok. Taking my ability to choose the mode i want to play? Very bad idea. You know that a happy customer is better than someone who quits the game do you? There are modes people dont want to play! Thats a fact, dont force them to because you dont know how to fix the longer searching times.

#131 Warzog

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 50 posts
  • LocationAboard the Wildcat's Leopard dropship: The Lair

Posted 04 November 2015 - 06:15 AM

I've been counting the votes all morning. Only 15 people, on average, get to vote. I've seen it as low as 12 people.
Need to give more time for folks with poor connections to vote.
Even after voting, I've seen as many as 10 people still trying to connect to the match.

#132 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 November 2015 - 06:16 AM

Kotzi, what you might have missed is that they have chosen who they want as happy customers: xbox shooter fans.

#133 Lorio

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 06:20 AM

As a player who manly plays while events are running, the game-mode voting thingy concerns me.
I fear that this system will force me to play way more matches to complete events, which require you to play all three game-modes a set number of times.
Thus I do not approve of the game-mode voting system :/

#134 Kotzi

• 1,356 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:04 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 04 November 2015 - 06:16 AM, said:

Kotzi, what you might have missed is that they have chosen who they want as happy customers: xbox shooter fans.

Seeing how lights and fast mechs are preferred i concur. Its a shame, this is getting less Mechwarrior and more generic FPS Shooter. I doesnt feel like beeing in a huge Mech anymore. It is little "simulation" left imho.

#135 Grothaus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:32 AM

I havent patched yet, im going to wait until this voting system is rolled back.

Figured its a good time to take a little break. If PGI doesnt respond by the weekend, and im still unable to play, ill be looking for another game.

Taking away our choice in game mode, was just a bad call, and its pretty obvious.

I enjoy conquest for alot of the same reasons others do.

It offers multiple layers of strategy. Ive found that each map/starting position requires a different approach. As a light pilot, its important to know when to cap and when not to, certain navs are more dangerous, depending on the team/lance starting positions. I usually try to rush to my Assault/Heavy lance and give them ECM support at the beginning of a match and stay fresh as long as i can. Then i go from there, depending on the lurm situation, but ECM is always helpful and most of the time i stick with the big boys as long as i can, not allowing detailed targeting info for the enemy team can go a long way... maybe even keep a mech who has an vulnerable open torso or torn up legs alive alot longer so they can keep putting damage down.

But each map is different, i really enjoy the occasional 4vs4s, 3vs3s, etc.... and the the occasional duels that happen in conquest matches. Im just not a fan of Deathball Kill KIll, especially in pubs were team communication and focus firing is almost non existent.

Theres so many nuances to the conquest game mode, strategies that force campy teams to break up and split, knowing how and when to support your team isnt as simple as just deathballing. As a light im going to put out the most damage when my heavies and the enemies heavies are engaged and i become less of a priority target, but taking out the opposing teams lights and being aware of the cap situation is very important too. Ive been in alot of matches were the enemy team wins the deathball, but their lights are destroyed, and they are unable to recap in time. As a light pilot knowing when to bug out can mean winning and losing, and theres a a level of satisfaction when your able to win a match for your team even when its 6 vs 1.

Some of my finest moments have come from end game situations where its 6 heavy's vs me, the enemy team is forced to split up, and im able to pick enemies off 1vs1, focusing on vulnerable areas of each beat up mech. staying fresh for the endgame is important, and other lights are more my main targets.

Either way, conquest is my game of choice.

I respect other pilots who prefer other game modes, and wouldnt want to force anyone to play conquest who didnt want to, that being said, no one is going to force me to play a game mode i dont want to play.

I think MWO needs a Solaris map, and options for smaller team matches, 3vs3, 4vs4, etc... tournaments, individual/team rankings, rewards, etc... this would add alot of fun to the game.

#136 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:33 AM

don't like the voting system.

This game feels lees and less like a strategic/tactical thinking man's rolewarfare shooter and more and more like every other first person shooter in the internet.

And what i don't like is, PGI is redoing things so many times.
U.I. 3 times.
Maps are redone, leave the old maps in the game and make total new maps instead.
weapon rebalancing so many times.

But because of redoing things and creating new mechs, there is no time left for actually making new content. New Gamemodes, better CW, PVE-Campaign etc. ohhh no we spent all our time for overhauling a map. We delete the old map, and instead you have this map. But there are still only 12 ish maps or so, but with the new voting system we won't see many different maps.

And with you Voting System you can forget your events and challenges. Grab 25 times in the bag on Assault, Conquest and Skirmish. I don't have the choice anymore.

#137 Grothaus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:38 AM

the ultimate solaris match would be.

1 light, 1 medium, 1 heavy, and 1 assault vs the same.

or options for 4 lights vs 4 lights,... endless possibilities for specialty tournaments and rankings.

for now though... this voting system has got to go.

#138 DangerousOne

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:41 AM

Choose a map - good.
Can't choose a game mode - bad and stupid.
Have to stay and watch a match after destruction of your mech (if I catch this correctly) - ridiculously bad and stupid.

#139 Warzog

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 50 posts
  • LocationAboard the Wildcat's Leopard dropship: The Lair

Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:44 AM

Not quite sure why, but from time to time, I get a "Disconnected From Server" notification that I have to click on, after a match is over. No problems are noticed, and I keep on playing.

#140 Grothaus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:28 AM

View Posttee5, on 04 November 2015 - 07:33 AM, said:

But because of redoing things and creating new mechs, there is no time left for actually making new content. New Gamemodes, better CW, PVE-Campaign etc. [/size][/size]

I agree completely, i think if theres one thing i miss more then anything... its the PVE Campaign experience from past MW games, which include cut scenes, voice acting, etc... this is what has always set MW apart from other franchises. The immersive experience, cockpit machines, etc. I grew up playing MW games and watching my dad play tabletop and occasionally jumping in one of the cockpit machines at our mall and it just doesnt make sense why MW didnt continue in this direction. At least as a kid, MW captured a certain type of magic and immersive experience that was imaginative and awe inspiring.

One thing that MW has over other FPS's, besides the simulation/pilot feel... a Story.... and a good one at that, a universe of factions and characters, politics, intrigue, etc... COD and every other FPS doesnt have that, no one is reading Halo or COD books, MW is more then just a game, its a total immersive experience, or should be at least.

I for one think more RPG elements should be added, i want to feel like im apart of the MW universe when im playing and not just another FPS, playing endless matches with no big picture.

I think MW fans, have come to expect that type of immersion and innovation that MW has been known for. For me at least, it feels like im still chasing that high from childhood, and the franchise has lost the unique edge that set it apart from the average cookie cutter FPS we have grown to expect from the modern day gaming industry.

What other FPS has more players that actively roleplay in some sense?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users