• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:54 AM

A Map voting screen ???

Fantastic, no Terra Therma again !

Thanks PGI. This was the best thing you ever implemented !

#142 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 298 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:04 AM

Wasn't able to play for most of the year and now I get smacked in the face with the latest patch. Way to go PGI. Makes me want to play again!

Seriously? Why don't you just take out resolution changes and make it locked to 800x600 windowed. That'll improve frame rate.

Edited by SomersetStriker, 04 November 2015 - 09:14 AM.

#143 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:21 AM

Great Patch! Among other things, owned colors are now quick and easy to find !

Sorry for the players who dont get their desired game modes or maps ( for example, those who would like a conquest in Viridian Bog... really? )

But this is a game that tends to favor the mayority, not the "chosen few". A democratic MechWarrior game, couldn´t we have it better ? And now we also get to experience it at the micro level, in each of every regular game.

The voting system in my opinion is one of the best things brought to MWO, Waiting times are down and the few seconds before a match get more dynamic. Now I get to play less and less the maps and game mode that used to come as discouraging, because before those started, I almost knew the sad loss we were going to have. (Still you did your good effort in each match) .

For those who like not the popular maps I recommend playing a lot (you will finally get that desired map) Or accessing at strange hours, when other type of people may chose something else.

Looking foward to the new game mode...

Edited by Alan Matilda, 04 November 2015 - 06:07 PM.

#144 percolated1

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 64 posts
  • LocationUpper left coast of the USA

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:26 AM

HPG manifold is a fine map. I actually like that map quite a lot. That said, I don't want to play on it all day long 90+% of the time. I like the challenge you get from maps like Terra Therma and Tourmaline Desert which never come up. I was shocked to actually drop on Caustic Valley last night, I thought for sure it was going to be HPG, again.

Voting on the game mode but keeping map selection random would be far preferable in my opinion, assuming that democracy really does needs to be brought into this -that- badly. Why have so many fantastic maps if only two or three are ever going to see use?

My inner skeptic wonders whether this is just a ploy to force players into CW by making solo queue tedious... when players are much more likely to just go play something else, or go pine on the Harebrained Kickstarter forums for the Battletech RTS to start up already.

View PostWarzog, on 04 November 2015 - 07:44 AM, said:

Not quite sure why, but from time to time, I get a "Disconnected From Server" notification that I have to click on, after a match is over. No problems are noticed, and I keep on playing.

Also sporadically getting this message after drops, doesn't seem to hurt anything.

#145 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:48 AM

I'd just like to say that I like the new map-voting system, it goes to show how much people hate maps with objectives like Conquest mode :ph34r: All Assault and Skirmish last night on the same maps over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again :P

#146 UndeadEdd

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:03 AM

Once again people are forced to play game modes they don't want just so the minority who play less popular modes would get shorter waiting times. Nothing says "fun" like being forced to play your least favorite game mode.

#147 Alaric Hasek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:33 AM

How dare you, PGI?!!!?!??!!eleven.
Having more resources spent on CW is a slap in the face to all the people who love to complain about how terrible PGi and MWO are. What will they do now? How can they continue to play a game where their main source of gnashing of teeth is gone? I mean, of course they won't admit that they were wrong and made fools of themselves, but that goes without saying.
Won't you think of the complainers, PGI?
It's really galling to think that after all the moaning and bad-mouthing some people have invested in this game, that PGI is just going to pull that proverbial rug right out from under that part of the community. It's an outrageous insult to the people who love to tell us that they won't spend a penny more on this game until there is more content to actually make more content to play. Really? What will they have to complain about?
PGI, you should be ashamed of yourselves. You're monsters, plain and simple. You're taking away the enjoyment of a whole bloc of people by stealing their hard-earned complaining.
So sad.

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 03 November 2015 - 09:58 AM, said:

Upcoming Patch - Tuesday, November 3rd @ 10AM – 1PM PDT
Patch Number: 1.4.32.0
Patch size: ~130MB
Greetings MechWarriors,

With a greater portion of the team focusing on the significant amount of work going into Phase 3 of Community Warfare, our patches leading up to that release will appear on the lighter side in regards to fixes and changes.

#148 wicm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:37 AM

The one guy said we need another game mode to pair up with conquest so it has a better chance outside of tier 4/5. I have got it...Drop in and your team has a base with a white billboard on it, you must use your laser to draw on it, the team with the most coverage wins.... This way there will be a more Idiotic game mode than CrapQuest so it has a chance outside of the scrub que.

" The year is 3050 and mankind is once again at war. The battlefields of the future are dominated by giant machines known as Capmechs, designed to run around and sit in squares ( Kind of like PortaPottys, but without the smell). You as a child of this conflict must learn to press W better than the other team. no fighting necessary".

#149 Stitchedup

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 133 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:47 AM

Voting system a good idea if you like playing the same thing over and over again but will trial it for awhile. But really need more than 3 mins to reconnect into a game. They should use the vote system only give a re spin of the random wheel if you don't like the map or mode

Edited by Stitchedup, 04 November 2015 - 12:04 PM.

#150 Grothaus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 12:05 PM

The selfishness of some MWO players just blows my mind. I get the fact alot of people dont like conquest.

Uncheck it............ just uncheck it....

wait an extra 15 seconds for one of the game modes you like.....

is your impatience, the inconvenience of having to wait slightly longer more important then taking away the choice other people have to play the game mode they enjoy?

and if you dont like conquest so much, why on earth would you choose to possibly have to play it for 10 minutes compared with waiting an extra 15 seconds during searches...... its just illogical, seriously im just at a loss to understand the mindset. Hearing random people complain ingame about getting conquest.... and knowing they can simply uncheck the box and wait an extra 15 seconds.... it blows my mind everytime

Heres some advice...

Search + Alt Tab, take that 15 extra seconds to read an article, watch a video, something.... The MW icon on your toolbar flashes when its found a game, so you havent wasted any time looking at a searching screen.

#151 Pepito Sbazzeguti

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 12:11 PM

View Postdragnier1, on 04 November 2015 - 04:06 AM, said:

I voted assault and got conquest instead.

There you go, people still play conquest

Give me a report with at least 100 matches, then we can talk about it.

#152 Pepito Sbazzeguti

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 12:22 PM

View PostLorio, on 04 November 2015 - 06:20 AM, said:

As a player who manly plays while events are running, the game-mode voting thingy concerns me.
I fear that this system will force me to play way more matches to complete events, which require you to play all three game-modes a set number of times.
Thus I do not approve of the game-mode voting system :/

If I remember well, Russ adressed this issue in last Town Hall, basically in future event you will have to reach minimum score in X matches despite game mode.

#153 Phoenix Wolf

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 10 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWatch Starbase I, Deep Periphery

Posted 04 November 2015 - 12:24 PM

That voting system is simply stupid with only ~12 maps and three game modes. But with this few options there will be only two game modes and 4 or 5 maps in the majority of the matches. Even the best maps becomes boring after 5 matches in a row - and that is my current experience with this voting. I don't think that MWO can afford to loose even more players - a lot of people already turned their back to this game 'cause the many 180 degree changes. (that is my opinion on the rebalancing too...)
Dear PGI, remove this ill designed voting-thing, rething the process again, and please play a bit more of your own game with your own player base(!), because apparently you don't know them well.

#154 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 04 November 2015 - 01:56 PM

:blink: Disconnect Penalty System seems a bit harsh... especially for those having GPU issues like me. If I start getting dinged for that, I may just play exclusively on weekends as my time during the week is limited. That being said... I may not be purchasing any more Mech packages or Premium Time going forward depending on this new system and my issues MWO and my GPU not getting along together.

#155 Fiona Marshe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 756 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 November 2015 - 01:57 PM

Had a massive frame drop first couple of matches; but when it also occurred in WoWS, it looks like my PC.
A reboot didn't immediately fix so need to dig into what is eating resources.

#156 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 740 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 04 November 2015 - 01:58 PM

View PostDomenoth, on 03 November 2015 - 01:28 PM, said:

You really think 7+ game modes where anyone can pick 1 and only 1 is going to work with the population size we have? This is a change for the future though I'll grant it causes pain for some right now.

Of course not. That's why they should have made a RANDOM GAMEMODE SELECTOR and be done with it instead of this flawed thing.

#157 Snowi

Rookie

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 6 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 November 2015 - 02:04 PM

View PostAsmosis, on 04 November 2015 - 04:07 AM, said:

What I would rather see instead of a selection of 4 maps, is a selection of 4 ~equally weighted MECHS so I can field the right mech for the map and not get stuck with a brawler on alpine etc.

The mechs would have to be within 5 tons of each other to prevent the teams getting unbalanced while still allowing people to swap between their 4 mechs freely (you'd have the option of empty slots if you don't have 4 mechs).

Yeah I talked about this issue with a friend and we came to the exact same conclusion like you. They should implement the dropdecks from ComWarfare to normal queue. Build in an Assaultmech cap. This could do the trick.

#158 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 02:22 PM

I see the lance configurations have changed, instead of being sorted into lances by weight, now we get random sorting. While using a Light, I got put into lances with Assaults, Heavies and Mediums randomly where previously it was always with other Lights then filled out by Mediums.

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 03 November 2015 - 09:58 AM, said:

'MechLab Fixes and Changes

Fixed an issue where players with over 2.15 billion C-Bills were not able to edit 'Mechs or purchase new 'Mechs.

The Billionaires are ruining the economy!
#OccupyMechWarriorOnline!

#159 Lorio

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 02:26 PM

View PostPepito Sbazzeguti, on 04 November 2015 - 12:22 PM, said:

If I remember well, Russ adressed this issue in last Town Hall, basically in future event you will have to reach minimum score in X matches despite game mode.

ha, thanks for the info :)

#160 NUJRSYDEVIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 02:43 PM

Map voting is a great idea, I mean it was a great idea over a decade ago with Counter-Strike but at least we're going in the right direction.

I honestly would d/c as soon as I connected to the game if the map was Forest Colony. I think MWO developers just refuse to call their baby ugly and as a result I didn't even both TRYING to play that map.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users