211 replies to this topic

#21 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:26 AM

View PostRaubwurst, on 03 November 2015 - 11:17 AM, said:

WarHippy, that only applies to, when you have selected all gamemodes.
I have them all selected, thus I don't know / cannot influence what my next match will be.
Now I have more influence by selecting one of the two options available to vote -> gain in influence.

No, he said players not certain players and even then you still didn't gain any influence. You had the option of deselecting one or more game modes but chose to select them all, and as such you used your influence to say you didn't care. What we have now is a loss of influence period. You can vote now but you still don't know what will be selected until the vote is over, and if the mode you voted for didn't win you influenced nothing.

#22 ZenDarwin

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:27 AM

As to the Disconnection Penalty... Has PGI fixed the issue where players on the same shared internet connect get disconnected if one exits a match? My son and I play together quite a lot and this is an issue we face all the time.

This needs to be fixed before this penalty system is in place.

#23 Aahz HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 122 posts
  • LocationCleveland TN

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:32 AM

I hate the new voting system
It's just more crap being forced on us that we don't want

#24 Memnon Valerius Thrax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 766 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:39 AM

that new vote System give me cancer.

I LIKE ALPINE! AND with that **** vote System nobody like to Play it, but hey 50x HPG in a ROW is rly rly nice.

NOT!

#25 CANCERBERO

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationargentina

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:41 AM

hi
so what happen when i have to disconnect cos i have black screen or my fps are jumping like an old cartoon?.
sometimes i have to disconnect and rejoin cos that and that takes me more than 10 seconds.
i have to quit the client and launch it again.
idk whats the problem with ppl who disconnect the game...i prefer punish for those guys who knows they are dead and they kill him self or they just turn off the mech and hide far away from the action.

hi
so what happen when i have to disconnect cos i have black screen or my fps are jumping like an old cartoon?.
sometimes i have to disconnect and rejoin cos that and that takes me more than 10 seconds.
idk whats the problem with ppl who disconnect the game...i prefer punish for those guys who knows they are dead and they kill him self or they just turn off the mech and hide far away from the action.

#26 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:45 AM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 03 November 2015 - 11:04 AM, said:

The 1% is probably an over estimate.

haven't got your second billion yet, bro?

#27 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,593 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:46 AM

View PostJabilo, on 03 November 2015 - 10:50 AM, said:

With the greatest possible respect and not being angry or reactionary but...

If I can not select game mode then I am not going to play.

To give some background I only play conquest as I believe it is the only game that has any semblance of tactical play (and even then not most of the time).

I am going to take a break from MWO but I will watch the forums and see how it goes.

If I may make a lilttle sugestion then I would remove the game mode vote from the solo queue because it is not necessary.

I understand that due to some matchmaking issues the group queue is struggling so here it makes some sense.

Have fun holding your breath until you get your way...

#28 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:48 AM

View PostJonathan Paine, on 03 November 2015 - 11:25 AM, said:

I like the idea of voting for maps and game modes, and I think it'll be great for solo queue. For the group queue, large organized teams can now gear out for a specific game mode and range of engagement and pretty much vote themselves an advantage.

Fix: one aggregated vote for each group, or the 12 man's will decide everything.

Easier fix:

Go read the patch notes yourself. Read them slowly.

If you have questions, ask.

#29 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:48 AM

View PostCANCERBERO, on 03 November 2015 - 11:41 AM, said:

hi

If you disconnect, you'll have 3 minutes to re-launch the game client and rejoin.

Sometimes I relaunch the client when I am alt-tabbing around. Alt-tab during a load screen can cause issues, but then I just close the game and relaunch, I'd be shocked if it took 60 seconds to get back in the game.

#30 Sardunos

• Pip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:54 AM

Like these changes, though I'm one who has all game modes selected.

#31 BUMMBUMM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 254 posts
  • LocationHannover

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:55 AM

so long conquest, ye shall never be seen again...
also shorter waittimes and more influence about what gamemode a player plays, are just blatant lies.

Edited by BUMMBUMM, 03 November 2015 - 11:57 AM.

#32 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:59 AM

PGI, why on earth are you eliminating player choice with respect to game modes? I mean, c'mon, we've been down this road already. Please don't drag us down it again. Give us the map choice but leave us our game mode choice.

Otherwise, Assault and Skirmish are going to disappear and it'll just be boring old Skirmish all day long. Where's the fun in that?

#33 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:02 PM

I am quite happy to see this patch out now. I can't currently play for the next few hours so I am excited to come home and play the game with the new voting system. Maybe I can play some of my favourite maps more often or avoid terra therma when I am in an energy boat because I feel most of my E boats such as my Centurion AL and my Mauler keep getting certain maps it seems.

The DC system has me a tiny bit concerned but it seems PGI did it well enough.

the 3 minute timer is intended to provide players with sufficient time to re-join the match in question.

Penalty levels reset every 4 hours.

I honestly find these 2 points the most important ones... knowing that the flags will reset in 4 hours will give me some ease however I think this is more the reason to have Ejection system added to normal cue.

Edited by Nightshade24, 03 November 2015 - 12:05 PM.

#34 Mike McSullivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 556 posts
  • LocationHannover, Germany

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:20 PM

View PostBUMMBUMM, on 03 November 2015 - 11:55 AM, said:

so long conquest, ye shall never be seen again...
also shorter waittimes and more influence about what gamemode a player plays, are just blatant lies.

+over9000
1) For me, the wait-times aka "connecting", are the same. but now i have to wait until the vote is over (+15secs) and still have to watch the senseless readyupscreen (whoever isn´t ready for whatever reasons is not ready-this screen doesnt change that...).
2) please delete the mode-vote. it lessens the players choice! map-vote is ok, though.

#35 Yozzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:25 PM

Voting system *********

Let me PLEASE preselect that I dont wanna play conquest!!!

**** this crap....

#36 wicm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:34 PM

The last time PGI made us lock into certain game modes we revolted.....the did I not learn. I spend mony on this game...I wont till I am rid of CRAPQUEST again. If It takes to long to fix ill just play somthing else. I love this game, but that game mode works on me so much that ill stop playin rather than have to enure it for long.

Edited by wicm, 03 November 2015 - 12:34 PM.

#37 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:38 PM

So, one step closer to the COD ONLINE... Master plan, right?

My way of connecting (non CW) - press connect, wait 15 secs, cancel if not connected. Repeat.
In most cases, I will be in the game in around 1, max 2 minutes.

Voting system? No comment, self-proclaimed exile from the game next few months.

Edited by ExoForce, 03 November 2015 - 12:44 PM.

#38 wicm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:45 PM

PGI please read in game comments....only a few of us goto the Forums.

#39 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:52 PM

View Postwicm, on 03 November 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:

PGI please read in game comments....only a few of us goto the Forums.

You want PGI to log and read in-game comments so you can be lazy and not log into the forums to give feedback? You're not actually serious, are you? This comment of yours is satire, yes?

#40 Kirtanus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 156 posts
  • LocationRDL

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:55 PM

I always played all three game modes. Basically every of three was shoot-n-not-die thing but different spawns and a bit different targets brought more variety to shooting)

So i like new voting system. It looks cool and helps me to influent on map selection.

I see many people don't like conquest) Not sure why - cap win is like Less 10% of all conquest games and your earn more c-bills in it. lol)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users