Patch Notes - 1.4.32 - 03-Nov-2015

211 replies to this topic

#61 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 02:13 PM

View PostRentier, on 03 November 2015 - 02:04 PM, said:

Hi there, if my internetconnection goes i have to restart the router in the basement and that means waiting 4 minutes to get the internet back and then run to PC and restart client => min 6min and max 15mins to get back so.... this is .... not a solution made for me :angry:

If you have to restart your router more than once a day, MWO is not the problem your ISP or router is.

#62 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts
  • LocationVanvikan, Norway

Posted 03 November 2015 - 02:23 PM

Map Voting Screen

NOOOOOO!

This only leads to the same maps being chosen again and again. This have been used in several games before, and some maps will effectively be removed from the game all together.

Try playing SC-GO how many rounds are not played on Dust II?

If a given amount of the players, say barely over 50% dislikes a Map A slightly more than Map B, C, F, G and H, that map is gone from the game. Even if 45% of the players like Map A. Not entirely true, but still, it will be close.

Further, this will let people tune their mechs even more for a smaller number of maps. This is not good either. And this is a problem MWO have that other games do not have.

MWO need random maps. And MWO need a larger variation in map design, with both open maps and maps densed by objects.

(Yeah, I know densed is not a word, but I didn’t find anything else to use :)

#63 Mortal2None

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 November 2015 - 02:29 PM

View PostJonathan Paine, on 03 November 2015 - 11:25 AM, said:

I like the idea of voting for maps and game modes, and I think it'll be great for solo queue. For the group queue, large organized teams can now gear out for a specific game mode and range of engagement and pretty much vote themselves an advantage.

Fix: one aggregated vote for each group, or the 12 man's will decide everything.

At least they will do so at a tonnage disadvantage. ;)

#64 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts
  • LocationVanvikan, Norway

Posted 03 November 2015 - 02:30 PM

View PostRolfS, on 03 November 2015 - 01:12 PM, said:

Disco penalty is a terrible idea. I get lots of unwanted disconnects because of the unstable client. Sometimes I need to repair the client, that takes more than 3 minutes.. and the client can crash multiple times in a couple of hours ...

It is not my fault your client is unstable... this patch could possible make the game unplayable ....

Strange, I have experienced disconects because of game client crashes perhaps two times since I started playing MWO.

#65 bar10jim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 02:32 PM

View PostSerpentbane, on 03 November 2015 - 02:23 PM, said:

Map Voting Screen

NOOOOOO!

This only leads to the same maps being chosen again and again. This have been used in several games before, and some maps will effectively be removed from the game all together.

Try playing SC-GO how many rounds are not played on Dust II?

If a given amount of the players, say barely over 50% dislikes a Map A slightly more than Map B, C, F, G and H, that map is gone from the game. Even if 45% of the players like Map A. Not entirely true, but still, it will be close.

Further, this will let people tune their mechs even more for a smaller number of maps. This is not good either. And this is a problem MWO have that other games do not have.

MWO need random maps. And MWO need a larger variation in map design, with both open maps and maps densed by objects.

(Yeah, I know densed is not a word, but I didn’t find anything else to use :)

Densed Cluttered.

#66 Rentier

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 172 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty, it was

Posted 03 November 2015 - 02:43 PM

View PostDarth Futuza, on 03 November 2015 - 02:13 PM, said:

If you have to restart your router more than once a day, MWO is not the problem your ISP or router is.

I'm weekdays in a guesthouse with 20 parties which change regularly and if someone chooses his own switch/router to go online and has the same IP as the router - the house-router hangs up and is lost :blink:

and yes this is a housemade problem i cant solve because i'm not the owner :unsure:

so i have to live with restarting the router to get back online (i only can get to the power supply and cut it and then reconnect it)
and that takes the time i stated.... :huh:

#67 Robot Kenshiro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 315 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 November 2015 - 02:44 PM

I wonder how the DC penalties will effect the ppl who get randomly booted due to ISP issues or for some unforeseen error, cos I tend to get these a lot, even prior to entering a match i get booted to the mechlab for a disconnection error....so how does this apply to those who don't do it on purpose? Hopefully there is some margin to this, cos there are days where i get booted to the mechlab/bay each and every game due to DC error, I click rejoin all the time and it takes me a few goes to get back into the game, and sometimes its instant.

This should be interesting. I for one, will not be happy to get penalized for something that I cant control. And im sure that im not the only one on the same boat here.

#68 Callinicus

• Pip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 03:01 PM

Disconnect penalty sounds awful. :-(

The game many times freeze itself while I playing without any warning just the screen FROZEN.
Or the game disconnects itself.
Or the loading screen crashing....
I experienced a high variety of different situations what can make this game disconnect me from a game, without any intention from me, and I doubt the game can make a different between intended and unintended disconnect.
Sometimes my cursor or hud are bugging and I restart the game, tryting to coming back as fast as possible.
So if I am dead before I could reconnect - which happens very often - I am punished because of the wrong programming of the game.

With an extremly bugging game as MWO, this penalty idea is very annoying.

#69 Creag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 419 posts
  • Locationadelaide Australia

Posted 03 November 2015 - 03:08 PM

View PostCallinicus, on 03 November 2015 - 03:01 PM, said:

Disconnect penalty sounds awful. :-(

The game many times freeze itself while I playing without any warning just the screen FROZEN.
Or the game disconnects itself.
Or the loading screen crashing....
I experienced a high variety of different situations what can make this game disconnect me from a game, without any intention from me, and I doubt the game can make a different between intended and unintended disconnect.
Sometimes my cursor or hud are bugging and I restart the game, tryting to coming back as fast as possible.
So if I am dead before I could reconnect - which happens very often - I am punished because of the wrong programming of the game.

With an extremly bugging game as MWO, this penalty idea is very annoying.

That makes two of us in the same boat

#70 Chann Winson

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 03:33 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 03 November 2015 - 09:58 AM, said:

Fixed an issue where having Cockpit Glass enabled with a triple-monitor setup would cause various graphical issues.

Thank you for fixing this!
Didn't had Cockpit Glass enabled but had flickering and disapearing Mechs and objects in DX11 until now.
Finally able to play in DX11 again and get better FPS then ever.

Edited by Chann Luf, 03 November 2015 - 03:37 PM.

#71 Heckbird

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 43 posts
  • LocationAnchorage AK

Posted 03 November 2015 - 03:33 PM

View PostJabilo, on 03 November 2015 - 10:50 AM, said:

If I can not select game mode then I am not going to play.

This could allow them to expand their game modes into more than just the 3 we currently have. They can add new game modes without worrying that the player pool for any of the game modes will be too small to do so.

#72 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 03 November 2015 - 03:39 PM

First of all, it's understandable to see lighter patches while gearing up to such a huge release, as the anticipated Phase 3 of CW, as well as having the MWO Rebalance going on at the same time. The fixes to the camo screen are nice, which was one of the few things left to having a really nice and overhauled front-end UI.

Despite the griping of nay-sayers, the voting system is used in nearly every other major multiplayer game out there. The Call of Duty and Halo series (among many others) are some of the first and biggest franchises that come to mind in this regard. I personally think it's a huge improvement for MWO and will create better matches for the player base . . . even if the better matches need to be shoved down the throats of some people. Seriously . . . some complain about terrible matches and then only pick one server group, and one game mode . . . what'd you expect to happen aside from longer waits and worse matches?

Now, my continued "Patch Notes List of Hopes for Future Patches":

-Of course my primary hopes/prayers/dreams are that y'all get to the Flamer Reengineering. Thanks for the answer in the September Town Hall on that, by the way. Maybe this will be coming with the huge balancing overhaul? Please?

-Speaking of the big Rebalance Overhaul: I look forward to the next PTS Phase later this week? Being able to dig our teeth into that and look forward to major gameplay improvements for MWO will be awesome. Any idea on how many more phases are expected to occur before we get to even test the whole thing combined? So far it seems to be coming along quite nicely.

-I hope to God you go back and redo some of the recent weapons visualizations (my poor, poor Commando . . .). There has been LOTS of feedback from the community on these, and it isn't pretty. Maybe start knocking them out in bits and pieces? Or maybe start concepting overhauls for all the early-gen mechs to use the kind and quality of weapon visualizations that new mechs have?

-The info from the October Town Hall on CW Phase 3 was appreciated. I look forward to that hopefully hitting as a patch before the end of the year, if not right after the turn of the year.

-Decal System was mostly done (according to Town Halls), but was put on hold for UI work on CW and Mechlab/mech-select. Maybe assets could be diverted to get this finished off, soon? I'm sure it would do a great deal to help monetization efforts by allowing more detailed customization features for mechs.

-About the only UI element that hasn't recieved major UI changes are cockpit items . . . so is there a timetable on what that will happen? I think I'd actually use my pile of won/preorder cockpit items more if the screen was more user friendly. It'd also probably encourage people to buy more, as well, if it received the same kind of overhaul as the rest of the UI.

-Lastly, what ever happened to the original Resistance titles/badges? We were told we were getting them, and then it never happened. Please don't make Tina a liar. You'd think it'd be such a little and easy thing to get done. In fact the big petition thread that was started over it already had versions that were ready for implementation in game, that had fixes to make them unique and identifiable.

As a closing note, please don't take these desires as bickering or complaints. They're merely notes for hopes/dreams/wishes to be included in future patches. Y'all at PGI have been doing great work, especially recently, and I hope it continues. However, think of the items listed above as key notes for huge morale boosters (especially my Flamer request . . . I really want to be able to go out there and incinerate things properly). Thank you all at PGI, sincerely, for the work that y'all do. On the other hand, if things on the list just don't get touched, then expect my wallet to stay closed more and more.

#73 Snowi

Rookie

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 6 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 November 2015 - 03:42 PM

I´m against the voting thing, also.

In theory this system should work fine, but it won´t and never will. Reason for that is that humans are humans and not machines.

There are "favored" maps and "unfavored" ones, like Frozen City & Mordor. With favored I mean a Map which suits my Mech best/worst. Never ever would I upvote a hot map, I´d always chose a cold one if available.

Big games tried this systems a million times and (at least if memory serves correct) failed. It is simply the wrong answer to the problem at hand.

The only reason why this would be ever implemented is that people nagging about the lack of choice. But why would they do that? Because every mechbuild has weaknesses and you can only hope not to land on a map which is unfavoured from your point. So it isnt a lack of control but a lack of information as a player. With this problem at hand there are 2 Options:

1: You let them choose the maps they are favoring. Problem: There are Maps and gamemodes which will never be played again, because they are simply against your interest in winning.

2: You narrow the pool and declare which maps will be played before a map starts. Problem: Players hate it when they cant choose and are limited in the possible gameplay. (Forum whining backlash)

Well as a developer myself I would choose number 2.

Example mechanic:
Every week/month there will be an announcement about which maps are in the pool with a little fluff text. Maybe with the exact percent which map could appear. The same goes with gamemodes if you wish. This way you give the players the information to know which build they should play and what Mechs should stay in garage.

Like I said players hate this approach if confronted directly, but on the long run its the better choice. Also this could be a great time to implement short term goals like daily/weekly/monthly challenges with little prices like C-Bills or bonus exp.

This are just my 2 cents. ^^

#74 burns

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationMonerica

Posted 03 November 2015 - 03:57 PM

View PostSnowi, on 03 November 2015 - 03:42 PM, said:

In theory this system should work fine, but it won´t and never will. Reason for that is that humans are humans and not machines.

There are "favored" maps and "unfavored" ones,

Anyone who´s ever played Counter Strike : Global Offensive will understand.

Dust 2. Dust 2. Dust 2. Dust 2. Dust 2. Dust 2. Dust 2. Dust 2. Dust 2. Dust 2. Dust 2. Ad Infinitum

Back in MWO Beta there was what, like 4 Maps? I enjoyed them all.

Nowadays though, you´ll have to deal with people magically seeing you through thick foliage on Forrest Revisited, "blocking galore" on Therma & Viridian, or outright BS when you drop on Alpine with your 270m max range Atlas.

I would´nt deselect maps/modes i don´t like. I deselect maps/modes i reckon people can´t get their head around!!!
The resemblance to World of Tanks in that last part is frightening (although in WoT i can opt not to play those garbage modes - which i do).

Edited by burns, 03 November 2015 - 03:58 PM.

#75 Unnatural Growth

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 04:04 PM

And I just gave you guys $100 for the Marauder and Warhammer packs...

Joke's on me, I guess.

Very, very PISSED about being forced to play game modes I don't like.

Seriously? You guys really can't learn from your mistakes, can you?

#76 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 03 November 2015 - 04:10 PM

Why are they so hard up about blind disco penalties?

Why not just have something like a 7 minute cooldown before being able to join a new match? This would discourage the people trying to farm specific drops from discoing because they's still have to wait. I only picked 7 minutes since it's on the underside of half a max match span.

I know some may not like this approach but if you can't join a new match for some time, perhaps you'll be a little more careful for the first 5-7 minutes of the match.

*OR* just penalize people that leave the match/disco and start a new match when they were still alive in the first match when they left. PGI has to be able to document who's in game but out of match. If they can't get back into MWO then they shouldn't be penalized.

#77 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 November 2015 - 04:15 PM

wait times has decreased dramatically.

As a all 3 game-mode player, I'm happy.

#78 undercover dragon

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 04:17 PM

ok so far so good, till disconnect and now i my mech is locked, and has been for over 2 minutes because of the server issue... and its the first time....

the biggest problem wasnt people intentionally leaving befor the match ended, or mech died... the biggest problem is those that hide from the very beginning and power down in a corner, not helping the team, and having the enemy team search for them the whole time, the team mates are saying his cords, but he has been powered down so long doesnt show on therm, or people cant find them...
that is a big problem, that this new system which at the very moment im being punished for even though, my disconnection was on mwo side not my own, encourages of those (insert words here) players that do power down in some hiden spot from the very beginning

Edited by dr4gunloveslazers, 03 November 2015 - 04:28 PM.

#79 Jaegon

• PipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 46 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 03 November 2015 - 04:24 PM

Love the voting! Thanks so much, PGI!

Playing tonight I saw a variety of matches and modes being picked regularly. I don't see any types dying because of this. Also, you only vote between two modes, they can still influence which ones get offered to players more to balance it out if needed.

#80 Clobba

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMelbourne Australia

Posted 03 November 2015 - 04:28 PM

just retire the hotmaps now. In fact Canyon, HPG or a cold map if those 2 aren't an option are all I am getting now...the variety is just so surprising and challenging :blink:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users