Performance Packs No Longer Available In The Gift Store

186 replies to this topic

#21 ScorpionNinja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 170 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:37 PM

Look another sale that I WILL PASS ON!!! :)

Moving on . . .

#22 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:44 PM

View PostJohn1352, on 19 November 2015 - 06:28 PM, said:

You guys do realize that eliting a chassis is going to mean a hell of a lot less once the efficiency nerfs hit right?

Was about to point this out myself...

In fact I daresay this them either doubling down on this nerf (why bother even getting two more ravens just to master this one?)

IF they didn't nerf skills it would brilliant (if reasonably priced) since the entry price point may not be prohibitive (if reasonably priced) and so new players would be compelled to buy more variants so that they *could* master these...

Edited by MovinTarget, 19 November 2015 - 06:46 PM.

#23 CainenEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 398 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:47 PM

While its nice to see these new mechs the prices are kinda steep...
That won't roll well with the steam crowd. Would recommend selling them for 10, 15, 20, 25 each
or 10, 20, 30, 40 each.

#24 Bobman

• PipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:50 PM

Are the load outs for the mechs not anywhere to be found on the site? It won't be good that it mentions "custom load outs built for performance" but you don't know what you're getting...

#25 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:06 PM

*tin foil hat time*

Reason MC was added to the packs was to jack up the demanding price of each pack.
Yeah the prem time and camo pattern unlock are nice but c'mon.. 30$ for 2 light mechs?

#26 Lorian Sunrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:22 PM

View PostKira Onime, on 19 November 2015 - 07:06 PM, said:

*tin foil hat time*

Reason MC was added to the packs was to jack up the demanding price of each pack.
Yeah the prem time and camo pattern unlock are nice but c'mon.. 30$ for 2 light mechs?

Pre-order the Rifleman and you get more goodies, another mech and they are all Heavies. For $20 bucks. Sure no MC but come on.

#27 xSONOHx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 178 posts
  • LocationEarth (Terra)

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:32 PM

If only there was higher resolution of those screenshots...

#28 Dakkss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 185 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:33 PM

The more I see these ridiculous overpriced packages and sales, all I can think is that you guys must be financially going down the tube, or just getting more greedy. All we've seen for about 2 months now is packages, sales, premium time, colours, balance patches and map voting.

What is happening with the decal system? Is that ever coming? What's the situation on map overhauls, or new maps? And this supposed 4th gamemode? Will we ever see Solaris?

The only notable progress you guys have made in 2 months is some changes to the Academy. A lot of us are overstocked on mechs. We don't want to buy more, we would rather see some progress, and not the kind that involves changing some values on weapons!

#29 smithappens

Rookie

• The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:34 PM

I assume these S variants packs are designed for Steam release just like you see for other free-to-play games. There's a good chance they will be 10% off at Steam launch or soon after in the Winter sale. Nice starter pack for new players.

#30 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:34 PM

I broke it down even more

Problem is lets compare packages.

New Light Bundle ($30)

You get:
- 2 light mechs
- 30 days PT (already activated for you!)
- Pattern
- 1500 MC (Value of $7.50 really)
- 2.5 million c-bills
- 2 mech bays
- c-bill earnings bonus

Rifleman Standard Package ($20)

You get:

- 3 heavy mechs (and you can actually level beyond basic)
- 30 days PT (Banked)
- 3 Mech bays
- 3 cockpit items

If you preorder you also add:

- 3 more cockpit items
- camo pattern
- two weapon modules (worth several million c-bills)
- two mech modules (worth several MORE million c-bills)
- 6.5 million cbills

Already a better value no? Even if you don't preorder its still a better package in my opinion, especially at ten bucks less

Then for ten bucks more you can get the

Rifleman Premium Package ($40)

You get:

- 4 heavy mechs (and you can actually level beyond basic, and one with the vaunted bonuses)
- 60 days PT (Banked)
- 4 Mech bays
- 9 cockpit items

Again, if you preorder you also add:

- 3 more cockpit items
- camo pattern
- two weapon modules (worth several million c-bills)
- two mech modules (worth several MORE million c-bills)
- 6.5 million cbills

For ten bucks more, you get twice as many mechs, more useful mechs to boot, more value in your freebie items, even more so if you preorder.

The balance just seems incredibly out of whack.

And I think the majority of Steam players will balk at the current pricing model as is.

Edited by Lorian Sunrider, 19 November 2015 - 07:36 PM.

#31 jozkhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 384 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:39 PM

View Postsmithappens, on 19 November 2015 - 07:34 PM, said:

I assume these S variants packs are designed for Steam release just like you see for other free-to-play games. There's a good chance they will be 10% off at Steam launch or soon after in the Winter sale. Nice starter pack for new players.

Pretty sure MWO wont be participating in the steam winter sale.

#32 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:40 PM

View Postjozkhan, on 19 November 2015 - 05:47 PM, said:

Seems a bit wrong to release these which are basically 'hey new steam player buy this you sucker!' packs which are poorly priced and put together and does nothing to help you towards mastery or community warfare.

Experienced MWO players wouldnt look twice at these as there are better ways to accumulate the contents of the packs that make more sense in game terms and financially.

View PostLorian Sunrider, on 19 November 2015 - 06:06 PM, said:

Those are awfully priced. How does PGI go from making some of the smartest sale pitches so far in the unseen releases and then go and sell mechs individually for $15, 20, 25 and 30 respectfully. If it was three mechs of each so you could master them, that makes huge sense. But this is ********. Steam players are gonna buy these and then be instantly pissed because they've essentially been duped by not knowing about the three variant leveling system.

I've tried to White Knight for PGI fairly often, but this kind of thing is just infuriating. You are going to alienate the very people you are trying to sell this to!

well. Let's look at it like this...
These mechs (unlike the normal pack mechs) contain the special variant- which is the BEST variant of the chassis meta wise, that gives a c-bill bonus, and has a champion build- which at least currently is the best as most meta players pitch their ideas in for these.

Price of a standard Raven 3L: 2,350 MC
Price of a champion Raven 3L (C): 2,940 MC

Converting the lowest MC package to a "1MC per dollar" ratio with math, is $0.00556 per 1 mc. We shall use this for our equation to get the most 'exact' price without any sales- or large mc saving bundles, etc for demonstration atm.

2,350 x 0.00556 = $13.066 dollars, since at least most currencies only have 2 decimel places, we'll round it to $13.07's
2,940 x 0.00556 = $16.3464 dollars, after rounding to 2dp, $16.35.

Now- as you can see here, the champion raven itself costs 16.35 dollars, That's already more than half of the starter pack. But wait, there's more!

The mech has the phranken skin and unlocks it for the chassis!
1,250 x 0.00556 = $6.95
It also unlocks the 3 colours!
(1000 x 0.00556) x 3 = $16.68
Also has 1500 MC!
1500 x 0.00556 = $8.34
30 days premium?
2500 x 0.00556 = $13.90
1 mechbay?
300 x 0.00556 = $1.668. rounded to 2dp is $1.67
2.5 million c-bills?
2 ways to calculate this: using 1,100,000 c-bill pack as an example of what a 1:1 ratio would be after math... or 2,400,000 value if we increased it by 100,000. For now- I will do the later, 2,400,000. (it is only 1 good game away from the 2,500,000 anyway?)
1,600 / 2,400,000 = 0.00066... MC per C-bill.
0.00066... x 2,500,000 = 1666.67 (2dp) MC
1666.67 x 0.00556 = $9.27 (2dp)

Alright, that's about everything right? For the Raven 3L(S), you get approximately...
[Raven 3L (c)] + [Phranken skin unlock] + [Phranken colours unlocked] + + [premium time] + [mechbay] + [c-bills]
16.35 + 6.65 + 16.68 + 8.43 + 13.90 + 1.67 + 9.27
= $72.95 USD for the cost of 30 dollars...
oh wait... We did miss something- the arctic cheetah that's in the same package!

Arcitc cheetah (stantard for comparison) = 3,095 MC
Arctic Cheetah (champion) = 3,870 MC
3,870 x 0.00556 = $21.5172
The mech has the phranken skin and unlocks it for the chassis!
1,250 x 0.00556 = $6.95 [again]
1 mechbay300 x 0.00556 = $1.668. rounded to 2dp is $1.67 [again]

So the equation now is...
[Raven 3L (c)] + [Arctic cheetah Prime (c)]+ [Phranken skin unlock] x 2 + [Phranken colours unlocked] + + [premium time] + [mechbay] x 2 + [c-bills]
16.35 + 21.52 + 6.65 x 2 + 16.68 + 8.43 + 13.90 + 1.67 x 2 + 9.27
= $102.79 USD

$102.79 USD for 30 dollars, it isn't that bad I have to say.

you have to remember that the 2nd and 3rd variants are stock as well as the normal variant thus the pricing isn't the same. The 2 mechs here have more value than the 3 mechs there (compared to a clan pack). Another thing is the first tier has 30 days premium, While the first tier for all (4 tier) packs have like 15 at the 2nd tier and none at first. The Marauder and Warhammer and Rifleman have been the biggest value packs thus far but they do not give you a phranken skin across all chassis and most of their extra value come from early purchase bonus which these packs are kind of made to be good overall reguardless of what year it is or how long it's been out.

the 3 mech leveling system will not be soemthing that is a straight away guess from having 3 mechs in a tier- you may be like "lol, I got 3 of the same mech, I will sell 2 right away to upgrade my fave one!" or what ever, the best way they can learn is by asking, and I think immediately on the forums we should be ready to help new people and be available in game, forum, and steam forums to help. I am personally going to get the light mech bundle simply because I love ravens, It gives me phranken on 4 of them (including the S, I also got the C as well and planning to get a 2nd 4X)

These mechs isn't a scam. It would be if you throw money at this without playing a single game and you thought a Raven can take as much damage as a direwolf.

It is funny really... people been asking PGI to release the current mechs as specials and stop making every pack a new mech and as soon that has happened with better value for what could have happened people are up in arms... PGI can never win

View PostCainenEX, on 19 November 2015 - 06:47 PM, said:

While its nice to see these new mechs the prices are kinda steep... That won't roll well with the steam crowd. Would recommend selling them for 10, 15, 20, 25 each or 10, 20, 30, 40 each.

102 dollars worth of content for 30 dollars for the lowest price pack out there to much with enough MC to buy your fave new Raven hero mech as well?

#33 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:45 PM

Nightshade, do the math on the unseen packages and then come back to me.

You can spin it will all the free goodies and MC you want, but the value isn't as good as others. Not even remotely.

Edited by Lorian Sunrider, 19 November 2015 - 07:46 PM.

#34 Rubberanvil

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 36 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:16 PM

Aside from Sarah's Jenner and these bundle mechs, what other [s] mechs are there in the game?

#35 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:21 PM

View PostRubberanvil, on 19 November 2015 - 08:16 PM, said:

Aside from Sarah's Jenner and these bundle mechs, what other [s] mechs are there in the game?

That's it.

#36 stocky0904

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:23 PM

those packages are not for us (the current playerbase).

Those packages are for the new steam people. AND ONLY FOR THEM. the steam release short before x-mas is a good idea to get some x-mas money from our new players. and with those bundles they will get something usefull to work with during holidays.

...and mastering mechs isnt so important anymore due to the dec1st patch with the rebalance nerfs.

... but those bundles are overpriced indeed. 15-25-35-45$ would have been better.

#37 Drake67

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 156 posts
  • LocationEnterprise MS

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:26 PM

Packages should have been offered as IS and Clan and one buy them all option. The only reason I have not bought them yet is cause of having to do the purchase four times. Where is the shopping cart? How about a la cart? Would be better if the Cheeta and the Crow were built off non Prime CT's. Would have been more useful for the people with Clan wave packs.

Are these Hard Locked?

Edited by Drake67, 19 November 2015 - 10:53 PM.

#38 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:38 PM

View PostJohn1352, on 19 November 2015 - 06:28 PM, said:

You guys do realize that eliting a chassis is going to mean a hell of a lot less once the efficiency nerfs hit right?

not to mention those whining about the cash should realize you're getting a pattern for the chassis, colors for all mechs, fits, and a C-Bill bonus. compare each of those pack's costs to buying a pair of Heroes of the same weights where you JUST get the hero.

#39 Rubberanvil

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 36 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:13 PM

Thank you for the reply.

Another related question to whom may know, wasn't the [s] suppose to be exclusive just to Sarah's Jenner? Which could be a problem once regular players here and the Steam players do any bit of research. Especially when they see a Sarah's Jenner ( in game or web) and wonder why that mech have the same [s] as the steam bundle mechs.

#40 Sable

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 924 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:15 PM

the gross laser vomit timberwolf makes me sad. I want more stock variants to actually work and be fun to people. Rework/buff/fix LRMs and we won't have to have all laser variants anymore.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users