186 replies to this topic

#61 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:32 AM

View PostTitannium, on 20 November 2015 - 01:25 AM, said:

steam newbies wont recognize difference between 3 yrs old HBK-4SP and not yet seen Kodiak..... i mean look at new performance packs. NOBODY from current players would buy it. Seems pgi is trying to "make money" on steam newbies...

Nobody?

There are 4 Hero Clan Mechs, actually.I bet you'll sell some of those at least to everyone who don't want to spend money on a clan pack.

But it's not just those new packs, look at the Marauder/warhammer/rifleman. Can't buy new shiny things with MC. You have to wait half a year or so to buy those mechs, like the space poor.

#62 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:07 AM

If you break down everything you get, the packs are not overpriced. This could be interesting for new (Steam) players.

Any chance of adding one pack with 4 Clan mechs and one pack with 4 IS mechs? I recommend all different chassis (increasing the chance of people getting the regular weight packs AND the full pack), with the total tons = CW tonnage limit. The loadouts could be "CW ready" and the IS pack could include Stalker as assault and Clan pack could include Hellbringer (both strong CW mechs).

#63 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:25 AM

View PostLorian Sunrider, on 19 November 2015 - 07:45 PM, said:

Nightshade, do the math on the unseen packages and then come back to me.

You can spin it will all the free goodies and MC you want, but the value isn't as good as others. Not even remotely.

It would be harder due to the fact that not a single one has a released MC or C-bill release.
Even though I can calculate to the very last C-bill of the price as for eg the maruader is just like any other 75 tonners chassis cost+ the armour cost, the weapon cost, ammo cost, heatsink cost, engine cost, etc. (AMS cost is not calculated for some reason)

I can give you a guestimate based on the orion if you will allow me to. It should be fine but with a 5 dollar or so margin of error.
For fareness of the topic- I will NOT calculate bonus early purchase rewards. (I should also mention that clan omnimechs sell for 30 dollars per tier and not 20 dollars per tier, so value is shifted between IS and Clan mechs. It makes it harder to give a fair comparison as this is the first packs ever with both tech)

First of all I will average all Orion chassis, not because all marauders will cost the same but they do have tech difference nad some are inherently more expensive than others. The average is only the fastest and best way to use this as an example but the answer isn't 100% definite. We can only see how accurate it is after we get the mechs released for MC at the very least.

(2,605 + 4,290 + 2,655 + 2,500) / 4 = 3012.5 MC
This is our guesstimated average based on the orion for the marauder.
3012.5 x 0.00556 = 16.7495, to 2dp it's $16.75

What else is their to the 20 dollar pack?
30 days premium which above already calculated as $13.90
3 mech bays, which will be our first calculated value x 3.
1.67 x 3 = $5.01
What else?....
1 warhorn, and a standing and hanging cockpit item. Which costs around...
750 + 500 x 2 = 1750 MC
1750 x 0.00556 = $9.73

Anything else?... no... let's sum up the 20 dollar pack for the marauder and compare it to the Light performance pack.
[3 standard marauders] + [30 days premium] + [3 mech bays] + [cockpit items]
16.75 + 13.90 + 5.01 + 9.73 = $45.39
The worth of the pack is bellow 50% of the Performance light pack even though the marauder pack costs 2/3rds of the light performance pack. REMINDER. This is a heavy mech pack compared to the Light mechs...

BUT the biggest bang for your buck comes in the form of the add ons... let's calculate the price of the hero which we will simply assume is the orion protector cost for now. Why? becuase hero costs are easy to calculate! they go by tonnage and NOT equipment. Every 75 ton (at least for IS, we got no clan heroes and PGI likesm aking clanners pay more for no reason... ie clan cockpit items costing more than IS even thoguh they both have the same effect... this inflation is only to make the 30 dollars per tier feel worth it...yea- clan packs are a bit udner hwealming in price until the origins but lets go back to the Marauder... (btw a hero 1 ton battle armour would cost 75 MC and a 135 ton Ares would cost 10,125 MC... just saying))
so... 5,625 x 0.00556 = 31.28 (2dp)

So... for +15 dollars to the 20 dollar package for a total of 35 dollars we get...
[Hero] + [3 standard marauders] + [30 days premium] + [3 mech bays] + [1 mech bay] + [cockpit items]
31.28 + 16.75 + 13.90 + 5.01 + 1.67 + 9.73 = $78.34

Now instead of just a mech with a bonus we got a HERO with unique hardpoints, camo, etc. Which should worth more than a copy mech BUT the thing is this pack STILL is not worth it compared to the performance packs even though it's 35 dollars, 5 dollars over the mechs.
THIS is because of the value of the colours, skin unlocks, and the fact its "2 premium mechs" [one being clan] vs "1 premium mech".

The 3rd option for marauder pack fans is getting 20+ dollars to get tripple the cockpit items and a special mech which is hard to identify price due to the fact it's a hero bonus slapped onto a standard chassis BUT different skin and premiuum bonus (should mention now that the value of the performance pack is a bit higher as 30% c-bill bonus does not equal 30% EXP bonus but I will leave those calculations for now...), We could use the hero mech price, the champion orion price... so why not calculate both in for 2 different equations?

[champion worth: 3,260 x 0.00556 = $18.13 (2dp) ]

1= hero worth
2= champion worth

1) [Classic mech prem] + [3 standard marauders] + [30 days premium]x2‡ + [3 mech bays] + [1 mechbay] + [cockpit items]x3
31.28 + 16.75 + 13.90 x 2 + 5.01 + 1.67 + 9.73 x 3 = $111.70

2) [Classic mech prem] + [3 standard marauders] + [30 days premium]x2‡ + [3 mech bays] + [1 mechbay] + [cockpit items]x3
18.13 + 16.75 + 13.90 x 2 + 5.01 + 1.67 + 9.73 x 3 = $98.55

‡due to the fact you can activate it seperately and works as if like they are 2 x 30 day premiums.

Right now, we paid 10 dollars more than the 30 dollar light performance pack and we finally broke it's worth by $8.91... Which we paid 10 dollars extra, SO in terms of ratios... we still didn't get the same worth as we 'lost' 1.09 dollars comparing it to the other option while if we go with the 2nd formula which is more 'fair' some may argue due to my first calculation being used with champion price and not hero price.[which I can't do as the clan hero price formula is unknown] is $4.24 bellow the performance light pack while paying 10 dollars more than it. Thus we 'lost' 14.24 dollars here.

future formula will use the №1 option just as a 'bias' to your position in case the Orion prices were not fair. in other words this is an extreme to the more expensive/ saving option.

We will calculate what happens if we spend 55 dollars on the marauder, aka hero + classic + standards.

31.28x2 + 16.75 + 13.90 x 2 + 5.01 + 1.67 x 2+ 9.73 x 3 = $144.65

Now here's the thing- we spent 55 dollars instead of 30 to compare values. here we spent 25 dollars extra.
so...

Light performance pack = $102.79
Classic standard pack [$20] = $45.39
Classic standard + Hero pack [$35] = $78.34
Classic premium pack [$40] = $111.70
Classic premium + Hero pack = $144.65

Now... how shall we compare them 'fairely' if they all costed the same to see a so to say ratio... 1 way we can do this but not the only way is to devide the number of the 'worth' of the pack with the number it costed...

Light performance: 102.79 / 30 = 3.4263 [4dp]
Classic standard pack: 45.39 / 20 = 2.2695
Classic standard + hero pack: 78.34 / 35 = 2.2383 [4dp]
Classic premium pack: 111.70 / 40 = 2.7925
Classic premium + hero pack: 144.65 / 55 = 2.63

Now we got the numbers if the pack was a 'one dollar pack' worth so to say... a "1:1 ratio" with each other I think you might call it (Reminder: english is my 3rd language, ratio may not be the word I am looking for but if you understand some statistics and mathmatics you may possibly understand what I mean if I am wrong with the wording)

In this case, bigger number is better and Light Performance pack beats the Maruader pack, Even the 55 and 40 dollar packs and tiers.

REMINDER: I did NOT calculate the worth of the early bonus rewards which would incorperate +1 Marauder standard variant to both standard and premium tiers, 3 additional cockpit items, 2 weapon modules, 2 mech modules, and a pattern.

The reasoning is it already expired but the value of this pack will NEVER expire hence my point of it's pressence being needed....

Did these calculations satisfy you? I should mention this is just 1 way to compare them and I have had made decisions to try to find the best amd most fair ways to do this. Rather it be deciding between what 'average' I should use ie mean, medium, mode, range, etc... which can give completely different resaults. Or my guesstimation on hte worth of the premium mechs [minus BH2].

Edited by Nightshade24, 20 November 2015 - 02:41 AM.

#64 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:45 AM

View Post627, on 20 November 2015 - 01:19 AM, said:

Yeah... but what about something new? Something that isn't half a year old? I mean MC is hard money, isn't it? At least it was when bought.

And these mechs are poor men's hero mechs, so why aren't they available for MC?

MC degenerated from primary way of spending money into buying last year's fashion for a discount from the bargain table...

Note: I said decal. That isn't even in game yet but will be soon. This isn't old. it's new...

ALSO I should remind you that I missed something- custom geometry is being pushed to be passed to development and for most cases this will cost MC. real 'hard' money will not be able to purchase the unique geometry- they can only purchase mechs with them (ie invasion / phoenix/ founders mechs, etc).

Also MC isn't hard cash. It's value can change as you can get it on discount, bundles, etc... hard cash is real cash. If the game flops right now (not that it will but hypothetical) you will loose all your MC you purchase but not used BUT you will not loose any money on your pay pall, credit card, etc... if it does.

#65 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 20 November 2015 - 03:05 AM

View PostSable, on 19 November 2015 - 09:15 PM, said:

the gross laser vomit timberwolf makes me sad. I want more stock variants to actually work and be fun to people. Rework/buff/fix LRMs and we won't have to have all laser variants anymore.

Ditto, my submission was aiden prydes timberwolf which did feature a pair of LRM's but it didn't seem really popular even though it was on the first page or the 2nd one

View PostLORD ORION, on 19 November 2015 - 10:12 PM, said:

Might I recommend the next packs to do?

Light: FS-9S(S) + ADR(S)
Medium: BJ-1X(S) + SCR(S)
Heavy: TDR-5SS + HBR(S)
Assault: BNC-3E(S) + EXE(S)

I think ti would be better if we didn't have a thunderbolt and stormcrow in another pack again.

#66 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 03:33 AM

ok 2 lights mechs for 30 bucks or 2 assauts mechs for 60 bucks ?
I mean it's serious ? Only 2 mechs ? one variant for each mech ?

Price are increasing...
Thoses bundles ideas are great but news players need 3 variants for each mechs

Well it's the more expensive bundles i had seen since gold clan mech package ..

#67 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 03:35 AM

Split the Clams and IS!

I am currently not interested in clanner tech. I would consider buying an IS package, if there were one - at least two of the 'mechs listed there are included on some of my dropdecks... and I am a sucker for the Ravens.

I just have no use for clanner 'mechs right now and do not feel like buying any. And I'm quite sure many clan pilots feel the same about IS tech they don't need/want...

#68 Karmen Baric

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationSarna

Posted 20 November 2015 - 03:37 AM

View PostRubberanvil, on 19 November 2015 - 08:16 PM, said:

Aside from Sarah's Jenner and these bundle mechs, what other [s] mechs are there in the game?

There is also the special Urbanmech; UM-R63(S)

Special mechs to follow are
MAD-3R (S); Marauder
WHM-6R (S); Warhammer
RFL-3N (S); Rifleman

Edited by Karmen Baric, 20 November 2015 - 03:38 AM.

#69 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,591 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 20 November 2015 - 03:47 AM

hmm ok...really pgi dont know who´s your pr dude but i would ...him
take a look at your homepage from the seight of a totaly new player,, i tbelieve you will loose many people that come here first time
For steam start would be better to offer something usefull and cheap so people could buy for 10$ a pack including a mech of every weight class to see how the classes are different,speed turning.. and so as a help to get a good start . and better had been To show totally new pwople : you can buy but dont need to. So as a newby you could safe your cadet bonus for customizing and after you have tested the different weight classes you can use your cadet bonus to buy a mech whenyou already know you want that weight class. Especially as a neby you make many wrong dcissions and buy things with c bills you wouldnt do if you had known other mechs or classes. sry for my english hope its clear what i tried to say. so new players wouldnt need to grind grind grind to get the cbills back they throw away with wrong decisions..

Edited by Mighty Spike, 20 November 2015 - 04:21 AM.

#70 TristramTheRed

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 11 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 November 2015 - 04:26 AM

Ha. Hahaha. Ha. Haha. I spent 60 bucks awhile back and got 12 mechs, and then 40 bucks and I'm getting 8 mechs. In both cases, I get 'mechs that include enough to master AND a variant that gives me extra cbills. Also, I got a bunch of stuff extra.

So remind me again why I should buy ANY of your recent packs that are very, VERY obviously not the same value? Do you expect your new steam players to NOT talk to the vets and realize you're pulling their legs?

#71 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,885 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 20 November 2015 - 04:27 AM

I realize mastering 3 variants has largely gone to the wayside due to the skills tree being nerfed to irrelevancy (much to my chagrin), but even in that new reality I can't see these packages as being a draw to old or new players save those that truly have money to burn and are REALLY unfamiliar with the game. I say this as someone who looks for excuses to throw money at PGI. But there seems to me to be more efficient ways to do this

I mean if you want to spend $ on par with these packs: For $50 you could buy 12000 MC, with which you could then buy any of the currently available mastery bundles (only IS admittedly). That's three Atlas or whatever you choose plus a month of premium time. Forget the mastering aspect...its still three mechs of the same class of the same affiliation.

My only guess is that, given the odd composition and presence in the store only, these bundles are to be directed at non-playing significant others who know of a player's MWO habit and can go to the store and get these as an easy Christmas gift (they are very shiny after all). Now if they repackaged mastery bundles (three mechs or even just two mechs of the same affiliation) I think they might get more traction from players.

#72 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 20 November 2015 - 04:57 AM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 20 November 2015 - 03:33 AM, said:

ok 2 lights mechs for 30 bucks or 2 assauts mechs for 60 bucks ?
I mean it's serious ? Only 2 mechs ? one variant for each mech ?

Price are increasing...
Thoses bundles ideas are great but news players need 3 variants for each mechs

Well it's the more expensive bundles i had seen since gold clan mech package ..

Read my analysing. This is the best value packages so far when you ignore early purchase bonus.

You forget that it's 2 mechs with already good builds and not stock, as well as both of them have the bonus. As well as LOTS of premium time, c-bill, MC, etc...

It isn't 3 stock mechs with one of them with bonus and nothing much.

Edited by Nightshade24, 20 November 2015 - 04:58 AM.

#73 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 20 November 2015 - 05:00 AM

View PostMrKvola, on 20 November 2015 - 03:35 AM, said:

Split the Clams and IS!

I am currently not interested in clanner tech. I would consider buying an IS package, if there were one - at least two of the 'mechs listed there are included on some of my dropdecks... and I am a sucker for the Ravens.

I just have no use for clanner 'mechs right now and do not feel like buying any. And I'm quite sure many clan pilots feel the same about IS tech they don't need/want...

Nope, because I am not an elitist.
On other news- even if you ignore 1 whole mech from the package you still get your moneys worth as done by my calculations. If you can sell mechs you get quite a nice c-bill bonus for selling the ACH.

#74 CupraZero

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationNRW Neuss

Posted 20 November 2015 - 05:02 AM

Why are some people so serious butthurt complaining so much?
Most people anyway do not stick to IS or Clan, they play both. And guess what, most start playing a new chassis one Mech at a time.
So this pack is a good way for people to actualy expand their force. Sure, if someone already got himself 200+ Mechs to choose from, its not really offering something new, but thats not expected.

And the numbers do look quite good too.

4000MC (well, its 4000 MC)
6500000 Cbill -> 4000 MC
1 Month Prem -> 2500 MC
2x Phranken with colours -> 5500 MC
2x Mechbay -> 600 MC
Kingcrab -> ~4000 MC
Direwolf -> ~7000 MC
Make a total of 27600 MC worth if you can use everything.

Not to mention both mechs got hero-bonus and a quite usefull loadout from the start (saving extra millions of Cbills, especially for the IS-Mechs)

#75 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 05:09 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 20 November 2015 - 04:57 AM, said:

Read my analysing. This is the best value packages so far when you ignore early purchase bonus.

You forget that it's 2 mechs with already good builds and not stock, as well as both of them have the bonus. As well as LOTS of premium time, c-bill, MC, etc...

It isn't 3 stock mechs with one of them with bonus and nothing much.

2 mechs for 60 bucks ... lol
MC, premium time even cbills aren't really needed or a "must have" for play ...

Well if PGI sell some new bundle without premium time or MC you will see they would put a high price on it maybe 50bucks for assauts mechs ... why? coze some people will buy it anyway.
60 bucks is the price for a new game: fallout4 battlefront3
And its the price for tonns of oldies, younger than MWO open beta ...

Thoses package are only interesting for Cbills bonus and only veterans will buy it... i hope they (PGI) will be less greedy with steam dedicated bundles or they will miss a nice amount of incomes HF GL GGCLOSE.

Edited by Idealsuspect, 20 November 2015 - 05:43 AM.

#76 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 20 November 2015 - 05:13 AM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 20 November 2015 - 05:09 AM, said:

2 mechs for 60 bucks ... lol
MC, premium time even cbills aren't needed or must have for play ...

Neither are 2 premium mechs? You can always go and buy them with C-bills which you get by playing the game normally?

#77 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 20 November 2015 - 05:41 AM

Suggestion for PGI: make a "all 4 for better value!" pack.

"Performance bundle pack! $120 USD

Contains performance Raven 3L (S), Arctic Cheetah Prime (S), Hunchback 4P (S), Stormcrow Prime (S), Thunderbolt (S), Timberwolf prime (S), Kingcrab (S), Direwolf W (S)
8 mech bays
23,000,000 c-bills
15,000 MC
120 days premium (banked)
30 days premium (activates upon log in)

Title: High performer"

for example...

Another question: Is it possible to soon expect packs like this based on say... lore? kinda?

For eg having a pack that's a Catapult and Marauder called the "Mad-Cat pack" or a pack based on role for eg..

"scouting run" which contains a Locust 1V , Commando 2D, Raven 3L, Charger 1A1

or...
Fire support pack with a few sniper and LRM mechs... ie Catapult C1, Stalker 3H, Blackjack, Trebuchet, Panther, etc... clan counterpart being Mad dogs, Adder, etc?

Or a pack for summerset strikers with Wolfhound. Mauler, Awesome hero mech (Adam stieners awesome, has ECM and energy on both arms and torso but not the head). etc

#78 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 05:46 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 20 November 2015 - 05:13 AM, said:

Neither are 2 premium mechs? You can always go and buy them with C-bills which you get by playing the game normally?

I am just saying with imminent steam release and also release of steam dedicated bundles,

if community massive bought thoses hyper expensives mechs and be happy in this forum about increasing of specials variants price well dont wonder if they (PGI) create average bundle with high price that only few steam customer will buy ... ( specially if they ( new players form steam ) try the game before :lol: :lol: how many stomps before they will began to really enjoy the game enough for put money whatever how many premium time or MC inside... )

Edited by Idealsuspect, 20 November 2015 - 05:48 AM.

#79 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:00 AM

Nightshade, comparing an over priced package to something insanely overpriced will not prove anything.

MC prices for a single chassis (like a RVN-3L (C) for example) are out right INSANE...
For that example, the price is 2940MC... which is equal to 15$. That is madness.!!!
If you compare anything... ANYTHING with those, it is automatically invalid... because any number is smaller than infinity.

People here are saying that the prices for these packs are way too high... and what you are showing us is how worse are the rest of the prices.

What sort of reaction do you expect when you present these to a new player? You can buy full AAA games with those price tags!

I know PGI has to keep the cash flowing (and i blindly did my part in that regard), but i think if the prices were lower, more people would purchase the packs, generating more income total.

The days of whale hunting are over... there are no more whales left!!!

Edited by Navid A1, 20 November 2015 - 06:03 AM.

#80 LORD ORION

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:02 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 20 November 2015 - 03:05 AM, said:

Ditto, my submission was aiden prydes timberwolf which did feature a pair of LRM's but it didn't seem really popular even though it was on the first page or the 2nd one

I think ti would be better if we didn't have a thunderbolt and stormcrow in another pack again.

Fair enough, but the reason being is alot of good CW decks use 2 of these mechs and they're excellent performers in queue games as well. I'm thinking about maximum selling potential for PGI, and maximumperformance potential for me. ;)

Edited by LORD ORION, 20 November 2015 - 06:08 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users