#41 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:29 PM

View PostSable, on 19 November 2015 - 09:15 PM, said:

the gross laser vomit timberwolf makes me sad. I want more stock variants to actually work and be fun to people. Rework/buff/fix LRMs and we won't have to have all laser variants anymore.

that's in the works,. ;) ECM no longer blocking locks, and reduced range. all it'll do is make locking time take longer.... maybe people'll actually learnt to, you know, take cover behind things, or angle armor... or the ton of things OTHER than lock-blocking ECM that screw LRMs. it's also going to be a godsend for IS MechWarriors in CW as well. you clanners rely on your ECM rather than pilot skill to live most of the time, and like 60% of the mechs you field all the time in there are ECM equipped (at least, Jade Falcons and Wolves do). ECM's made your lives too easy, time to learn to use cover and such to your advantage like your better pilots already do.

#42 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:41 PM

View PostLorian Sunrider, on 19 November 2015 - 06:06 PM, said:

Steam players are gonna buy these and then be instantly pissed because they've essentially been duped by not knowing about the three variant leveling system.

I've tried to White Knight for PGI fairly often, but this kind of thing is just infuriating. You are going to alienate the very people you are trying to sell this to!

As long as they have paid for a pack, PGI doesn't care. It's all about churn anyway, don'tchaknow? Customer retention is soo 20th century; nowadays it's just get your quick buck and if they don't leave, well look at that sucker. Let's try to squeeze a few more bucks out of that one.

Yeah, I'm old and cynical - but tell me I'm wrong.

#43 LORD ORION

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:42 PM

The heavy pack is an excellent value.
$23: You are getting a tier 1 and 2 mech that have high earning potentials.
$15: You get 3000 MC (which you can blow on a 50% off hero mech sale and get a pile of crap comapred to these two)
$12: 30 Days premium
+
5 Million C-bills, which is not a kick in the junk
Some superflous crap that you can send money on if you like shiny mechs

Looks pretty solid for $50 bucks if you have elited these mechs and use them in a CW drop deck.

The assault pack is pretty solid too, but not as much utility for CW.

Should have done this to test the waters (both CW and Queue players would buy)
Light: RVN 2X(S), ACH(S)
Medium: WVR-6K(S), SCR(S)
Heavy: is fine
Assault: STK-4N(S), DWF(S)

Edited by LORD ORION, 19 November 2015 - 09:53 PM.

#44 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 19 November 2015 - 10:03 PM

View PostDak Darklighter, on 19 November 2015 - 07:33 PM, said:

The more I see these ridiculous overpriced packages and sales, all I can think is that you guys must be financially going down the tube, or just getting more greedy. All we've seen for about 2 months now is packages, sales, premium time, colours, balance patches and map voting. What is happening with the decal system? Is that ever coming? What's the situation on map overhauls, or new maps? And this supposed 4th gamemode? Will we ever see Solaris? The only notable progress you guys have made in 2 months is some changes to the Academy. A lot of us are overstocked on mechs. We don't want to buy more, we would rather see some progress, and not the kind that involves changing some values on weapons!

102 USD for 30 dollars for the light pack (will not even go in depth about how the others quickly escalate in worth. (especially the assault pack, which beats a la carte worth quite a lot as well as the rifleman/ warhammer/ etc packs)

Still cheap compared to games like war thunder, star citizen, etc... where WT you would pay 40 dollars for just the premium vehicle alone and 15 day premium. No extra bays, no extra skins or colours or anything... just the vehicle...

ever since 2012, The prices and values of everything has done nothing but go up and up. This is still better value than most packs out there...

Decal system is being worked on and the UI is already finished to accommodate it- you can see it in the cosmetic tab as a darkened out button saying 'decal'. You have to remember there are A LOT of mechs in game, and a LOT of decals in BT lore, It will take time to assign them all.
The map overhauls are going steadily. Currently Alpine peaks and /or Terra therma are targeted, due to how hard it is to make this map better due to bad player performance on it (ie neglecting to do anything besides go middle). So they are trying hard to make it better and not make it worse. (which trust me, from the info I gathered on the early Alpine peaks redo- it did get worse... hence why they pushed it back and caustic valley gone in front of the cue)
New maps are not a priority while these map redo's are out- which are essentially new maps. I can barely recognise forest colony. CW has stopped getting more maps until CW 3.0- however a batch of new maps are already made to accommodate the new game modes.
The 4th game mode has been pushed back a bit due to experimentation / re-introduction of the voting system. As well as management of to keep assault game mode or to remove it for the attack/ defend dropship mode they wanted to do. Due to the fact assault is treated like a skirmish with an option of winning if the enemy hides all match.

Let's look at all the archievements that has happened in the past year and a half or so...

A lot of changes has occurred this year that has changed the game besides 'adding a new mech' or 'changing stat of a weapon'.
I could make a list but I already did it previously. I should mention not every month will be as productive as the earlier ones in terms of output- the devs are working hard on the PTS, CW 3.0, Decals, the new game mode, and making new redo of maps as well as working on but not limited to ai's, the single player campaign (on the side burner until CW is finished or at a nice state), Solaris VII (planning stages,on side burner until CW is finished or at a good state). etc. Those do not randomly pop up every month. They said it themselves this will be relatively non-eventful month and that the following will be quite heavy in new stuff. Patience.

View Poststocky0904, on 19 November 2015 - 08:23 PM, said:

those packages are not for us (the current playerbase). Those packages are for the new steam people. AND ONLY FOR THEM. the steam release short before x-mas is a good idea to get some x-mas money from our new players. and with those bundles they will get something usefull to work with during holidays. ...and mastering mechs isnt so important anymore due to the dec1st patch with the rebalance nerfs. ... but those bundles are overpriced indeed. 15-25-35-45$ would have been better.
That would be criminally under priced.

15 dollars is the same price to get a 100% stock raven 3L with MC.
LET alone a champion with 30 days premium, a champion build that'll give extra c-bills, as well as a arctic cheetah and 2 mech bays, 2 skins perma unlocked for both chassis, etc....

25 dollars to 45 is also criminally cheap. They might as well just give them away for free if it'll be that cheap.

(Also I am buying the 30 dollar pack. and considering the 60 dollar pack considering it has 2 100 ton assaults for 60 dollars while 1 hero 100 tonner is 50 dollars)

#45 M E X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 381 posts
  • Locationg-town, Vienna, Austria, EU.

Posted 19 November 2015 - 10:11 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 19 November 2015 - 04:33 PM, said:

Chances are... the (S) designation will copy the Champion builds. That's about it.

Although.. only Sarah's Jenner is the one that confuses the issue (since it's only gains XP, not C-bills).
Maybe they change the bonus of Sarah's Jenner from XP to C-bills too ... which I would prefer !

Aside from that these performance packs are pretty useless to me, especially as you get a IS mech which you dont need as a real Clanner !

New MASTERY PACKS would have been much more usefull, but sadly the Clans lack real HERO MECHS until now :(

Edited by M E X, 19 November 2015 - 10:13 PM.

#46 LORD ORION

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 10:12 PM

Might I recommend the next packs to do?

Light: FS-9S(S) + ADR(S)
Medium: BJ-1X(S) + SCR(S)
Heavy: TDR-5SS + HBR(S)
Assault: BNC-3E(S) + EXE(S)

Edited by LORD ORION, 19 November 2015 - 10:25 PM.

#47 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 19 November 2015 - 10:25 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 19 November 2015 - 10:03 PM, said:

ever since 2012, The prices and values of everything has done nothing but go up and up. This is still better value than most packs out there...

But why move away from the Unseen/Urbie style packaging that has done so well for them and has been lauded by the fanbase?

#48 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 19 November 2015 - 10:37 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 19 November 2015 - 09:29 PM, said:

that's in the works,. ;) ECM no longer blocking locks, and reduced range. all it'll do is make locking time take longer.... maybe people'll actually learnt to, you know, take cover behind things, or angle armor... or the ton of things OTHER than lock-blocking ECM that screw LRMs. it's also going to be a godsend for IS MechWarriors in CW as well. you clanners rely on your ECM rather than pilot skill to live most of the time, and like 60% of the mechs you field all the time in there are ECM equipped (at least, Jade Falcons and Wolves do). ECM's made your lives too easy, time to learn to use cover and such to your advantage like your better pilots already do.

The ECM thing is only going to be limited to reduced range, and not the "infotech" that was proposed to be (which was the only part of the infotech related change that I'd agree with).

#49 GothicVash

• PipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 10:38 PM

kinda disappointed the (S) variants usually have their own custom skin these all just have the phranken pattern... it just feels like a lazy money grab imo.

#50 Scanz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 783 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 10:45 PM

selling new cw would be better

Edited by Scanz, 19 November 2015 - 10:45 PM.

#51 Drake67

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 156 posts
  • LocationEnterprise MS

Posted 19 November 2015 - 11:01 PM

View PostRubberanvil, on 19 November 2015 - 09:13 PM, said:

Thank you for the reply.

Another related question to whom may know, wasn't the [s] suppose to be exclusive just to Sarah's Jenner? Which could be a problem once regular players here and the Steam players do any bit of research. Especially when they see a Sarah's Jenner ( in game or web) and wonder why that mech have the same [s] as the steam bundle mechs.

The collectors urbie has a S

#52 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 11:34 PM

Aaaand another pack of mechs you can't buy with MC.

Do we even need MC anymore?

I understand that I'm not the target audience and I for sure understand why you need to make "fresh" money, but MC gets more and more worthless these days...

#53 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 19 November 2015 - 11:37 PM

View PostLorian Sunrider, on 19 November 2015 - 10:25 PM, said:

But why move away from the Unseen/Urbie style packaging that has done so well for them and has been lauded by the fanbase?

They did it because it is a more standardised pack, this isn't a pre order, this isn't a pack to support the unseen/ urbie.
This is just a standard pack that is cattoring to not just the mech but general use- hence the c-bills, mc, premium time, etc. This style pack was very direly needed for MW: O, All other games had something like it such as War Thunder.

The Urbie/ Unseen packs is made to show support for a chassis to get in game- before (urbie) it was something so bad that it was good. Now it's unseen mechs that have iffy issues such as legal and redesign, etc... If you noticed- this is the first pack that has no early purchase bonus (but overal has more goodies than any other pack after said bonus is expired).

This pack also cators to those who have played a long time because if you buy this you still get the premium time, mechbays, MC, and C-bills that make up the worth of it.

It's a bit hard to explain- but this is better overall for a long term pack and perfect for a steam release as these are probably the more preferable ones out there- most steam players who haven't gotten MW: O already probably do not care about the urbie, maraude,r warhammer, etc to much. They do not want to dedicate so much money for just a trio of mechs or so, these mechs show a stable of each weight class without dedication (ie getting the assault mechs you want will not require you to purchase the previous 3 packs).

Another reason we are getting the unseen mechs like this is becuase the majority of unseen are lights and heavys, They can not make the 4 tier pack as there is like only 1 medium and 1-2 assaults that fit in time line that are unseen and IS. With so many iconic heavies and barely known medium and assaults it's better to do it like this... that's another reason- we could still see 1 pack that incorperates the archer as the heavy however...

Another mention is a lot of people thought the marauder and warhammer is over priced which I proved to them wrong the same way hwo I proved people here they are wrong about the price calculation- because there is a lot more variables than simply mechs present and quantity.

#54 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 19 November 2015 - 11:52 PM

View Post627, on 19 November 2015 - 11:34 PM, said:

I understand that I'm not the target audience and I for sure understand why you need to make "fresh" money, but MC gets more and more worthless these days...

Colours
Skins
Premium time
Mechbays
Hero mechs
Getting MC bundle sales with champion mechs that tag along with promotion
Cockpit items
Decals [when added]

What else... oh- mastery packs which only MC can purchase.

#55 TheCharlatan

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 11:53 PM

I think they are a 5-10$ overpriced.
If you do the math, it's actually a decent deal, but it dosen't scream "buy me!"

#56 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:23 AM

so you give steam newbies packs (i dont think anybody from current players would buy this overpriced nothing), which doesnt include 3 variants for mastering ? lul, good joke PGI. carry on.

#57 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:37 AM

View PostBobman, on 19 November 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

Are the load outs for the mechs not anywhere to be found on the site? It won't be good that it mentions "custom load outs built for performance" but you don't know what you're getting...

The Gift store has "Show Details" below each pack picture with a detailed website with all stats of the mechs.

View Post627, on 19 November 2015 - 11:34 PM, said:

well, you could still buy the mechs for MC in the store without any of the pack goodies :)
Or get the mechs for Cbills without the cbill bonus.
There are better ways to spend MC, even Hero mechs on sale if you prefere mechs over the rest.

#58 Rubberanvil

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 36 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:02 AM

Thank you for the correction.

#59 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:19 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 19 November 2015 - 11:52 PM, said:

Colours
Skins
Premium time
Mechbays
Hero mechs
Getting MC bundle sales with champion mechs that tag along with promotion
Cockpit items
Decals [when added]

What else... oh- mastery packs which only MC can purchase.

Yeah... but what about something new? Something that isn't half a year old? I mean MC is hard money, isn't it? At least it was when bought.

And these mechs are poor men's hero mechs, so why aren't they available for MC?

MC degenerated from primary way of spending money into buying last year's fashion for a discount from the bargain table...

Edited by 627, 20 November 2015 - 01:21 AM.

#60 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:25 AM

View Post627, on 20 November 2015 - 01:19 AM, said:

MC degenerated from primary way of spending money into buying last year's fashion for a discount from the bargain table...

steam newbies wont recognize difference between 3 yrs old HBK-4SP and not yet seen Kodiak..... i mean look at new performance packs. NOBODY from current players would buy it. Seems pgi is trying to "make money" on steam newbies...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users