#81 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 13 December 2015 - 08:43 PM

View PostReplika, on 12 December 2015 - 10:35 PM, said:

I don't have HBR or EBJ in my dropdeck, and didnt had them during Tukkayd 2, they are fine in my book but not great.

PS: i have no problems having SHC+ACH or ADR in my deck, so bringing assaults doesnt cripple me

What mileage are you getting out of your dropdeck though? Do you often average 2K+ damage a CW game? 3K, 4K? A good player can drop a 4x trial deck and still put up 1.5K damage, does not mean that a 4x trial deck is actually good.

The simple fact is the 75/65/65/30 (or 35 if you want an Adder) is simply the best clan mech deck in terms of power through all 4 waves. It does not mean that other combinations cannot be "good", but most other combinations will fall short in optimization vs the 75/65/65/30(35) deck. The 75/75/55/30(35) deck is probably the closest in terms of power through 4 waves.

Just like there is a rise of of 85/65/45/45 IS decks with the buff to the Blackjacks (even though that puts tonnage at 240).

Edit: I hope you did not base how good/bad a Hellbringer or Ebon Jaguar is by playing the trial versions, because those are horrid. The Hellbringer Trial has like 1/2 armor, and can die from a single alpha.

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 14 December 2015 - 01:19 AM.

#82 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • LocationRaiding the Cookie Jar

Posted 13 December 2015 - 11:00 PM

Re: Clan buffs/nurfs vs IS buffs/nurfs

I am one of those damn dirty mercs so I play both sides of the fence. What I have noticed is when my unit plays Clan...we win our matches. That said when my unit plays IS...we win our matches. My conclusion: It doesn't matter if you are piloting Clan mechs or IS mechs winning (or losing) is a result of teamwork (or a lack of) regardless of if you are playing as Clan or as IS. My recommendation: Get TS3, Find a unit (that uses voice-communication), work as a unit as a team....victory will follow.

Thanks for reading!

#83 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 11:22 PM

No surprise in IS or Clan Mech stats. Clans have very little choice in good Mechs and IS has the overquirked monsters anyway.

#84 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 14 December 2015 - 12:04 AM

View Postwhitelightshadow, on 13 December 2015 - 10:46 PM, said:

It is clear that there needs to be restrictions to faction group player numbers to balance the game out. If all the factions had the same number of players slots or contract slots, plus, minus 10 or 20 player slots, you will get a more balanced game. Currently it is just overload one faction and bash the rest.

That does not explain Jade Falcon having ~same amount of players as FRR, yet 6000 more points. We will see when the unit stats come out next week how it all shakes out. The bulk of the top skilled units all went Clan, and still the results of Tukayyid was very close. 29 Territories IS to 34 Territories Clan equals out to being a 6 territory vs 7 territory on the normal 13 territory map.

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 14 December 2015 - 12:13 AM.

#85 tokumboh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

Posted 14 December 2015 - 01:44 AM

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 12 December 2015 - 04:15 PM, said:

because the event gets boring after a while. You can only play so much attack/defend/counter attack on the same few maps. I for once would love to have maps that don't funnel everyone into a few locations to battle. We have some really nice large maps and 75% of some of he maps never get played on because of the game mode types.

The other thing was that the wait time were much better than for IS than last time I just couldn't get on last time but even so if you are playing it for the first time it a long wait and then wwhat could be a short run of 4 mechs which in the main are sub optimal I only have urbies as the filler. But my MAD-5Rs held up well and I had Cataphract 0XP

You do need to have optimal builds across a number of mechs most people don't and thus it is good for getting some rewards but you can grind much better in the quick play queue. where firstly you get a better chance of winning even if you are crap at the game and you can use your best mech

#86 whitelightshadow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 02:00 AM

Lets do some maths:

Ave damage / Player / Faction

IS: 11885.34
Clan: 15629.41

And:

Ave Mechs Destroyed/ Player / Faction:

IS: 34.83
Clan: 42.50

Thus FRR gives you about 22641572.70 damage done and 66351.15 mechs destroyed.
And Clan Jade Falcon gives you about 30852455.34 damage and 83895.0 Mechs destroyed.

In normal CW it works out that the ave players per clans faction is 1663.5 against the ave players per IS faction which is 1321.5

That amounts to, if the clans were 6 factions they would have 9981 player vs the IS 7929 same as if the IS had only 4 factions, the clans would have 6654 vs IS 5286.

For this tourney the Clans out gun (higher DPS), and out cycle (They get faster games, thus more points) because they have less numbers thus the Clans are still way OP for this... but in normal CW Clan faction numbers statistically outnumber IS faction numbers thus they can then get more players in cycle and thrash the IS.

The Clan faction numbers statistically outnumber IS faction numbers (Ave Clan Players in a Faction Numbers vs Ave IS Player in a Faction Numbers) the Clans outnumber the IS 5:4...

Edited by whitelightshadow, 14 December 2015 - 02:41 AM.

#87 Svarn Lornon

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 05:52 AM

I really think the Marauder was used this much because it was new and the players wanted to use it. For many it is actually a favorite and they had to wait quite some time for it (I wont exclude myself there). It helps that it also looks great ;)

Considering the Battlemaster 1S it is quite simple. Sure you can put in 4 ER-Large Lasers and snipe the hell out of the Clans. But that mostly works on Boreal and also only if the Clans show them self. Nice for defense, but if you are in counter attack and the clans hide in the back those 4 ER-Large aren't really very effective, especially considering it is a 85 ton Mech. Now you could add some SRMs into the mix, but then you would have to sacrifice speed or go for an XL and we now what that means for an IS mech. So there a actually mechs for the IS that can also 3-4 ER-Large but weight less then the 85 tons of the 1S.

View Postpurplewasabi, on 13 December 2015 - 08:16 PM, said:

Well, IS mechs are clearly a much friendlier introduction compared to Clan mechs, which I think its something PGI has to address in the future. So I'm not surprised at all. However, I'm surprised that the BLR-1S is not on the list. A coordinated lance can easily pin down Clan pilots from extreme range (optimal range), especially if they're pugs.

Judging by the Marauders, could it be due to a type of mech loyalty(?) I have no history with previous BattleTech games, so I'm not really that attached to any specific mechs and I switch them around quite often depending on the map and game mode. My observation suggest, mech-fanboyism seems pretty real...

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users