#21 Leggin Ho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBristol, Va

Posted 29 December 2015 - 11:11 PM

I'd love to see that mech as I'd just run behind it and kill it before it could do a quarter turn so please try again, asp in your Atlas that takes 600 points of damage to kill CT and side torso's, or even better your 45 ton Black jack with 6 Med and 2 med pulse with the structure of a 80 tonner.

#22 Avarice1of2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 194 posts
  • LocationSitting in a the cockpit of a mech whose pilot is no longer with us with Bitching Betty telling me my loadout is not usable.

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:31 AM

Let me put it this way, my Timber lasted about 5 seconds against an xl'd mauler that had an exposed yellow side torso. I put32 srm+art, 8 er mediums, and a lot of machine gun bullets into that sidetorso. Damn mauler only went dark orange. That is total shots fired over that period of time. So I put over 100 points of damage into yellow internals and only turned them dark orange.

Edited by Avarice1of2, 31 December 2015 - 11:33 AM.

#23 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:37 AM

View PostAvarice1of2, on 31 December 2015 - 11:31 AM, said:

Let me put it this way, my Timber lasted about 5 seconds against an xl'd mauler that had an exposed yellow side torso. I put32 srm+art, 8 er mediums, and a lot of machine gun bullets into that sidetorso. Damn mauler only went dark orange. That is total shots fired over that period of time. So I put over 100 points of damage into yellow internals and only turned them dark orange.

Maybe its time for you to switch to IS!!! I did, and im so sure that IS is way OP specially against clans in CW.
IS is the new clan lol

#24 Autobot9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 January 2016 - 12:14 PM

You would assume, that if you can sign up for a faction, then there should be a reasonable chance to win for it.

The last time I played MWO they nerfed clans pretty hard and removed customizability of omnis a lot, but clans still outranged IS mechs. Now even that has reversed. I am inclined to believe this game doesn't do anymore, what it promised: Be a Battletech based MMO. That means ofc you didn't get what you paid for, in case you have paid for this game real money.

Edited by Autobot9000, 02 January 2016 - 12:20 PM.

#25 Wolf168

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:18 PM

Yes this isn't a Battletech based anymore. Clans are supposed to be OP vs IS. Hasn't been that way for a while. PGI should have just played with the tonnages (say 250 vs 300 using original stats) and added some quirks or nerfed the clans but not all 3.

Edited by Wolf168, 02 January 2016 - 01:19 PM.

#26 Autobot9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 January 2016 - 02:41 PM

In my opinion they should have simply made a gameplay around the lore: Let clan players only win, if they fulfill clan specific objectives, such as fighting honorably (which can automatically be checked). IS players could have their own objectives. I simply expected more from this game than being a Doom1esque plain shooter. This game just doesn't feel like Battletech, it feels like a Robot shooter.

I am pretty darn sure you can balance original tabeltop omnimechs vs IS mechs based on lore specific rules, maps and gameplay objectives. All the approaches that try to make a straight shooter out of this game are prone to fail acceptance from the community.

Edited by Autobot9000, 02 January 2016 - 02:47 PM.

#27 LupineShadow

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:49 AM

View Post100mile, on 29 December 2015 - 08:04 AM, said:

Biggest advantages for Clan mechs..
1) still have to do twice as much damage on each clan mech to kill it than you do on each IS mech when comparing Assaults to Assaults, Heavies to heavies, mediums to mediums, lights to lights...
2) Overall range when used properly and comparing weight classes to each other again, giving ability to do more damage from distance when done properly.
3) Mechs are still faster overall (Except lights) and thus are able to maneuver better and respond to tactics easier and quicker.

All flaming and joking aside, I'm still trying to figure this one out. To clarify, we're talking about CW here, right?

The first point... you *HAVE* to do twice as much damage to kill a clan mech? My thunderwubs don't run XLs, so how do you figure? My Blackjack has the internals of a Timberwolf - I've no fear of exposing myself with no armor to finish a foe, because I know my internals can take a beating. To use your own phrasing, it doesn't take nearly as much if "done properly". No 20+ structure quirks, remember? At the least, I'm assuming you speak of taking out both side torsos. Center of mass, center of mass...

2nd is the range. I'm not going to be one of those broadly proclaiming that all IS outrange clan, now - they don't. But you have to admit, there are A LOT of range+ quirks out there. The most common arguments are those of the large lasers. Again, we're talking about CW - have you seen the terrain? Aside from Boreal, there are very few venues for max-range encounters. "Well, if you're doing it right and you're clan, you can use speed to..." To what? Put range between you? Except for that giant mountain you just put in your way, so range is meaningless since there's no exchange of fire. Run away from Omega and let the IS take out the objective without a fight? Extreme range fighting is extremely limited in CW, UNLESS both teams are trying to play the peak and poke. Even on Boreal - a push up the left side will give tremendous cover after the first few meters to get through the gate. When the terrain forces you to sub-500 meter ranges, "Clan OP range" isn't as much of a factor, anymore.

I just... don't... get it...

#28 Xenroth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 326 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:06 AM

Well I came back with the Steam release and mostly only play with my mates and the only big imbalance I see at the moment in CW is that half the team from the Clan'ers drop in the free2play Champion mechs ... and then whine that you lose? Rly?

#29 tokumboh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:23 PM

I think that it is due to the best teams now being in FFR. I believe the MS and some of the other very good teams have moved we were ROFLSTOMPed in the BoT and that was nothing to do with balance they were just better when we were defending or attacking.

#30 SoulReaver7500

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 01:51 PM

CW has always been a joke, just like this mode voting feces

#31 Vagosei

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 03:51 PM

Clan mechs are still OP. I've mostly played Clan mechs untill recently. I've run into some organized teams with er large lasers and they Decimated us with them. If you are losing all the time. There is only one thing to blame. Skill level and or strategy. Nobody is a perfect play. Just have fun

#32 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:36 PM

View PostVagosei, on 03 January 2016 - 03:51 PM, said:

Clan mechs are still OP. I've mostly played Clan mechs untill recently. I've run into some organized teams with er large lasers and they Decimated us with them. If you are losing all the time. There is only one thing to blame. Skill level and or strategy. Nobody is a perfect play. Just have fun

LOL nice one mate, good joke ;) clan mechs OP... LMAO

#33 Vagosei

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:23 PM

View PostSpadejack, on 03 January 2016 - 05:36 PM, said:

LOL nice one mate, good joke Posted Image clan mechs OP... LMAO

Yes I do believe so still. Even though I've parked them. They just made the balancing a lot better that's all

#34 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:38 PM

Definitely feels like a real struggle. Doesn't even feel worth fighting the struggle in.

I'll play a game when it's actually fair. Right now, once again, deck is stacked against us.

Feels like I'm being punished yet again.

Tonnage needs to be evenly matched. There's no excuse for it otherwise.

#35 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:57 PM

Nothing NEEDS to be changed at this moment. Balance is better than ever and the Clan are very viable. What needs to happen is more play time. Everything else is pretty good.
Been running my Clan gear all day. Zero issues so far, just been needing to get into the frame of mind that lasers burn longer and using excellent Clan mobility to cool off.
UAC are still OP compared to the IS in large mechs.
Streak is lovely although too slow for my tastes.
SRMs work great.
LRMS are needed in numbers but that is the same on both sides.

Relax and play for a couple of months. Long term testing needs to be done, not knee jerk reactions.

#36 Half Ear

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:05 PM

Right now the biggest issue is the weight increase. Russ tweeted that they had intended to adjust the tonnage more often. Right now it is 265/255 but it benefits IS more so than Clans. Clans have not and do not bring, nor are they capability to bring the number of assaults that the IS side can. If tonnage is reduced below the baseline of 250/240 to something like 240/230 that drops IS ability to field 2 assaults to 1 assault, but most IS would likely field 2 heavies/med/med-light. The pendulum would swing the other direction.

To note that someone tweeted Russ about having different tonnage limits per planet and Russ tweeted not possible, likely due to the currently database setup.

Edited by Half Ear, 03 January 2016 - 08:06 PM.

#37 LupineShadow

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:34 PM

View PostSpadejack, on 03 January 2016 - 05:36 PM, said:

LOL nice one mate, good joke Posted Image clan mechs OP... LMAO

Every CW I've been in so far since rolling IS has been a steamroll, even a fairly easy game against BMMU and KCOM. But still, my battle cry as we tear through the last mechs: "CLAN OP PLZ NERF!!!!"

Maybe Russ will hear me and listen.

#38 Vagosei

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 09:06 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 03 January 2016 - 06:38 PM, said:

Definitely feels like a real struggle. Doesn't even feel worth fighting the struggle in.

I'll play a game when it's actually fair. Right now, once again, deck is stacked against us.

Feels like I'm being punished yet again.

Tonnage needs to be evenly matched. There's no excuse for it otherwise.

A9.. I actually think the balance is pretty good now. I believe its a matter of skill now on either side....At least from what I've seen anyway lately

#39 exiledangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Locationhalifax ns canada

Posted 03 January 2016 - 09:41 PM

no matter what pgi dos to balance CW IS wont be happy clans wont be happy. here is why the clans are doing horrible

ms went Steiner
228 is FFR
swol FFR
LORD FFR

hey look all the top clan units went inner sphere and now its unplayable because the not so organized unites of the clans have a hard time scrapping 12 man together. the clan relied on those 4 unites to keep them alive because honestly how many units can field enough A+ team in one night to attack and defend at the same time.

#40 Russhuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 722 posts
  • LocationBayern

Posted 04 January 2016 - 02:25 AM

it is useless, PGI are hard IS fans, so they will continuing to nerf all and everything clan ill no one plays clan anymore,.. so what,.. there are other games

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users