Ill Tell You Why Clanwars Is Dead, And Will Never Take Off.

949 replies to this topic

#21 Chuck Jager

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:30 PM

How about any group larger than 4-6 has to go into a separate Q (or issue a call to arms for groups) or stay as small groups.

Because they can not Q as 8-12 other folks could switch to different accounts and farm with them. This would also keep the ability to Q sync down.

groups of 12 would still have the ability to play together, but they may have to wait and the ability to game the system would be diminished.

#22 Mothermoy

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:35 PM

View PostKhobai, on 01 January 2016 - 06:27 PM, said:

But the greatest rewards come from farming the other team not just completing the objective.

Thats the same reason why assault and conquest fail as gamemodes and just deteriorate into skirmish

However when you do this, i GUARANTEE you you are faming your competition right out of the mode. it takes a certain temperament, more on the rare side, to just que up match after match and get farmed. More often then not, the person will just never que up for CW again.

And again, its just the larger units not taking the time to be decent human beings. You can hold back, let the other pug group form up, then 12 v 12 them. They still have no shot in hell beating you, you will still get your epeen on and leet damagez, and feel good about yourself, however you are allowing the guy or gal on the other end a sense of dignity in loosing. . But no,.....ask yourself why do you feel the need to not only beat them, but humiliate them. Cause thats what you do when you farm them one at a time. Humiliate them. There are Many ways to win, get your damage, and still give the guy sitting at the other computer a sense and feeling of dignity while they play.

View PostOdins Steed, on 01 January 2016 - 06:29 PM, said:

I think the problem is you, not the groups. I drop against twelvemans as pugs regularly and win, not just do well. There's no reason you should be doing nothing just because you dropped against a group. Being in a unit does not magically mean you win. All it means is you've passed the bare minimum of competency for people to want to play with you.

[Redacted]. i have a regular career and just not enough time to practice to get that good. Im not saying i need to win all the time. I just wish units would win, yet still give the other guy at least some shot at dignity, rather then stomping them, then completely humiliating them in the process.

#23 Leggin Ho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBristol, Va

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:37 PM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 01 January 2016 - 06:20 PM, said:

All drop zones need to be placed off limits to the other team, it would stop the spawn camping at least.

There need to be barriers to prevent sniping into them, as well. We pushed attackers back to their drop on the 2 gate canyon one and just sat there sniping them as they dropped in. It really was terrible but it was nearly the end of the match and they hadn't pushed much, we got restless.

I would agree with it IF PGI put in a timer that after 2 mins if you are still hiding in the drop zone you self destruct and self report for each instance in that game and face actual penalties. Folks whine about the que time and how they don't want to get farmed out in spawn, well guess what the other team waited in que as well and really would prefer not to fight Ol "Dropship Dan" with his 2 sec recharge 12 ERLrg laser fire because you prefer to hide in spawn instead of just comming to fight. So next time you throw a suggestion out there to screw one side and protect the other, try to make it a balanced suggestion that does not only help the side screaming the loudest.

#24 Mothermoy

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:43 PM

View PostLeggin Ho, on 01 January 2016 - 06:37 PM, said:

I would agree with it IF PGI put in a timer that after 2 mins if you are still hiding in the drop zone you self destruct and self report for each instance in that game and face actual penalties. Folks whine about the que time and how they don't want to get farmed out in spawn, well guess what the other team waited in que as well and really would prefer not to fight Ol "Dropship Dan" with his 2 sec recharge 12 ERLrg laser fire because you prefer to hide in spawn instead of just comming to fight. So next time you throw a suggestion out there to screw one side and protect the other, try to make it a balanced suggestion that does not only help the side screaming the loudest.

thats a great idea. however you would have to to put a system in place that allows the other team to group up. say for instance, place a border around the gen area. if your whole team is outside that border, then the timer goes into effect. They either get out there and form up, or get assploded. Once you get into the border, the timer stops again. this way you would allow the enemy team to form up and get a full 12 qued up. from the comments im hearing you want to be able to completely farm, i mean kill the enemy team, This would allow them to get farmed, i mean killed with at least a tensy bit of dignity.

Edited by Mothermoy, 01 January 2016 - 06:45 PM.

#25 RaptorRage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 133 posts
  • LocationLB-79

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:45 PM

View PostAlienized, on 01 January 2016 - 06:17 PM, said:

some pugs just want to get stomped. had that earlier with ITX in my group as i was going solo.
we wanted to be fair to the full pug team and didnt stomp them that hard BUT.....
what should you do if you are holding territory and they just come into the gates?....
of course the only solution to end it somehow without having a boring endless waiting game on both sides was to fight out.

there are always 2 sides. if u dont come in and at least try to play as you wanted to win you cant expect to not get stomped back to the dropzones.

someone will always cry. gen rushing was really terrible, much more terrible than just beeing stomped but at least getting a fight.

That's interesting that they wanted to be fair with pugs in your match with them, I had the misfortune of being on a team of around ten of them and was teamkilled for starting to damage Omega after the generators were destroyed because they wanted to farm the last four opponents. That sort of attitude isn't very condusive to making CW enjoyable if completing the objectives are considered worthy of TKing in order to get a few C-Bills.

#26 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:47 PM

I agree pug vs premade is a problem that needs to be addressed in CW. Adding a 4v4 gamemode as a bandaid isnt going to fix the problem. They also need to make it so groups fight groups and premades fight premades.

It also doesnt help that you have clan jade falcon attacking clan wolf because theyre perceived as being an easier opponent to fight than innersphere. which is only making jade falcons innersphere border shrink more.

they need to change it so clans only fight innersphere. no more clan vs clan or innersphere vs innersphere.

the game simply doesnt have enough players to properly populate 10 different factions and have them fight all their neighboring factions. Which is why there should only be 2 factions (IS and Clan) and all the different houses/clans should be subfactions under those main factions.

Edited by Khobai, 01 January 2016 - 06:53 PM.

#27 Mothermoy

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:51 PM

View PostRaptorRage, on 01 January 2016 - 06:45 PM, said:

That's interesting that they wanted to be fair with pugs in your match with them, I had the misfortune of being on a team of around ten of them and was teamkilled for starting to damage Omega after the generators were destroyed because they wanted to farm the last four opponents. That sort of attitude isn't very condusive to making CW enjoyable if completing the objectives are considered worthy of TKing in order to get a few C-Bills.

Legging Ho had a great idea. Make the spawn area inaccesible. HOWEVER you add a timer that ejects them after a certain amount of time in the spawn area. From what i am hearing, the larger premades dont really care about winning, they want to farm dem deeps. Place a border around the generator area. When all of the attacking team is OUTSIDE of the border, the timer goes into effect. If all the defending mechs are not out of the spawn within say two minutes they eject. This way the premades can farm the pugs and the pugs would at least have the illusion of dignity.....

Edited by Mothermoy, 01 January 2016 - 06:58 PM.

#28 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:00 PM

This way the premades can farm the pugs and the pugs would at least have the illusion of dignity.....

youve completely missed the whole point about how pugs should never have to play premades in the first place.

#29 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:03 PM

Why do people still care about CW?

#30 Leggin Ho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 495 posts
  • LocationBristol, Va

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:05 PM

View PostKhobai, on 01 January 2016 - 07:00 PM, said:

youve completely missed the whole point about how pugs should never have to play premades in the first place.

They have that ability it's call the PUG que, even if they want to form up on comms PGI has placed restrictions on larger groups in the Pug que to even it out.

CW is about playing who you get when you jump on a planet and teams, individual's that want to play CW need to at the min get on their faction TS and play or use Voip to play as a team, if the don't want to play as a team then they need to stay in the Pug que where they can play however they like in whatever they like.

#31 Leggin Ho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 495 posts
  • LocationBristol, Va

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:10 PM

Exactly, CW was never meant to be a place for folks to run around as 12 individuals and do what took their fancy. It was meant as the end game for teams to have competitive matchs and play as teams / factions.

PGI has went to some lengths to tell Pugs before they drop into CW it's at a higher leverl, I'd be happy if you could not play until you had at least a full drop deck that you owned and no trials, that would help alot to keep the truly "new" players from getting stomped on.

Edited by Leggin Ho, 01 January 2016 - 07:11 PM.

#32 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:18 PM

Exactly, CW was never meant to be a place for folks to run around as 12 individuals and do what took their fancy. It was meant as the end game for teams to have competitive matchs and play as teams / factions.

yet pugs are still allowed to play it.

which means a mechanism needs to be in place to prevent pugs from fighting premades.

whats your alternative? ban pugs from playing CW at all? because thats dumb as !@#$

Edited by Khobai, 01 January 2016 - 07:19 PM.

#33 MechWarrior5152251

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:27 PM

Getting farmed is not fun. Especially when they ignore the generator to spawn camp you.

#34 DoomBringer595

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:33 PM

View PostLeggin Ho, on 01 January 2016 - 07:10 PM, said:

PGI has went to some lengths to tell Pugs before they drop into CW it's at a higher leverl, I'd be happy if you could not play until you had at least a full drop deck that you owned and no trials, that would help alot to keep the truly "new" players from getting stomped on.

That would not help at all

#35 carnivorouswinds

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:55 PM

Remove CW until phase 3.

#36 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:58 PM

Why would I kill the gens if I can make more money and LP by killing all 48 enemy mechs?

Blame PGI for setting the rewards the way they are, don't blame the players for doing what is sensible because you don't like being on the receiving end of it.

#37 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:59 PM

View PostOdins Steed, on 01 January 2016 - 06:29 PM, said:

I think the problem is you, not the groups. I drop against twelvemans as pugs regularly and win, not just do well. There's no reason you should be doing nothing just because you dropped against a group. Being in a unit does not magically mean you win. All it means is you've passed the bare minimum of competency for people to want to play with you.

You really just need to get your puggles to focus fire and either say fuckit charge as IS or do your damnedest to pew pew pew ridge hump the IS mechs down before they get in close quarters as clan.

That's really all you need to do to have a fighting chance.

#38 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:07 PM

View PostMothermoy, on 01 January 2016 - 06:02 PM, said:

HOWEVER Instead of just killing the gens, and being professional, this group proceeds to spawn farm every last one of us.

This is why youll never see group/solo que in CW. Youll see the unit guys screaming that we dont have the population to do it but its really because they just want to farm pugs. All my CW drops yesterday were the same way.

View Postcarnivorouswinds, on 01 January 2016 - 07:55 PM, said:

Remove CW until phase 3.

when you see the faction map, and the way clans are getting demolised because all the good teams decided to go FRR to game he system, I agree

#39 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:11 PM

I've seen plenty of CW matches of 12 singles in an unorganized team against one another. The mode is quite a *********** and is the opposite end of the spectrum from the organized 12 man groups. Everyone only likes to bring up these 12 man versus singles games because they're the mid-ground where the use of tactics shows the difference between 12 mans and unorganized drops.

I remember people whining to remove 12 mans from public queue and let them have CW to themselves, now its flipped and people are complaining that they aren't wining against ORGANIZED 12 mans while pugging in CW? This community is ridiculous.

Edited by MauttyKoray, 01 January 2016 - 08:13 PM.

#40 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,658 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:12 PM

View PostMothermoy, on 01 January 2016 - 06:43 PM, said:

thats a great idea. however you would have to to put a system in place that allows the other team to group up. say for instance, place a border around the gen area. if your whole team is outside that border, then the timer goes into effect. They either get out there and form up, or get assploded. Once you get into the border, the timer stops again. this way you would allow the enemy team to form up and get a full 12 qued up. from the comments im hearing you want to be able to completely farm, i mean kill the enemy team, This would allow them to get farmed, i mean killed with at least a tensy bit of dignity.

I have to ask, WTF was you and your team doing, mooning the other side? Or did you all not exit the spawn location at all, thinking to use the Dropship ERLL to help put out some damage too? Or were you all bunched up, getting into each others firing line so you could not focus down one of their mechs?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users